Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #99

Lol Nelle, you are expert on that! Jodi might want to do your shower birth trick!
    I wonder if you are having bubs now, and what bout Chrissy? Is this a race to the finish line?

Marni- How did the appt go today?

My friends baby is out the special care nursery now, he been able to maintain his owm temp so thats great news. Got to have a cuddle today, I'm so clucky now. Plus one of the mums in my mums group also just had a baby boy so they're everywhere!

lol nelle, already thought about that!! My dr did say to me 'I hope you have everything ready to go for when you go into labour'. So I madly went around the house cleaning it (yet again) this afternoon, and made sure my bag is packed. We're about 15-20 min from hosp. Our main problem though is Nina. Don't really have anyone to look after her if it happens during the night.
    Been getting quite a few niggles tonight. I hate this waiting game.

shell - that's great news that your friends bub is out of special care. Watch out, there might be something in the water

Awwwwwww Jodi Im so excited! I hope your labour is short and sweet. If we were up there in Cairns I would watch Nina for you if you go in at night.

I would look after nina too.Well fingers crossed you will have her in the day.Have you got your books yet?
    Chrissy where are you? Hope all is safe with you too.
    I will have to make another star book to show off,aaron came home and said a lawnmower customer brought her baby home as she had him at 26 weeks or something.Aaron thought all this time she lost the baby because he was afraid to ask.So i gave it to her.She must have been through some hard times.

There's a thought, do you know any of the Cairns BB girls Jodi? I know if any of the local Nappy girls or something asked me to watch their kiddo in the middle of the night while they laboured I'd be up for it - I mean, it's only a once off! :P

Caddie, glad Aaron's customer has her baby safe and well. Sheesh that sounds early hey! I think the earliest surviving baby was 23 weeks* or something, so that's not far off.
    *could be making that up.

How's the house looking going Annat?

Anyone watch the kids show "yo Gabba Gabba"? The songs are very catchy!

Caddie- Wow, 26 weeks, thats great the baby survived. Bet she was rapped to get the book.

Jodi- The mum in my mums group had hers 2 weeks early and she hadn't packed her bag so at 2:30am was rushing round packing it!

I feel crappy, sore throat and Af is here so just feel really worn out and exhausted.

mum3girls Guest

Just a quick flyby

Jodi - Good luck hun. Can't wait to hear the good news.

Chrissy - How are you going??

Helen - Can't remember if I've already said this, but that's great news about your scan How're you going now?

AnnaT - Ummmm......do you have any news???

Hi everyone else. Sorry, I'm a slackass - will make a effort to get back online later, just got a heap on at the moment. Love to all

good idea Nelle - totally agree with you, Jodi see if you can get onto anyone from BB. Hope that your not having to many pains today and that your resting
    Chrissy - how are you going lovie? Hows Liam keeping up?
    Kell - were are you these days woman? hope that your travelling well
    Anna - I am such a slack @rse...will try my darnest to ring you asap
    Caddie - that was a truely wonderful thing yourve done.
    Shell - hope to hell your not getting sick mate.....thats usually the time we fall pg, especially when your clucky
    AnnaT - fingers crossed that this is your month
    MO3 - you are so terrible pmsl atleast your posting...I friggen well forget! hope your tribe are well
    Belle- hope your resting and keeping sain
    Hello everyone else Mauws to all
    Just got 10metres of bamboo delivered....Im so excited...stupid I know but it doesnt take much to excite me these days pmsl

im still around.......just

getting induced on the 12th may, so a week and a half to go,if i last that long, just went shopping and had to get some winter uniforms for the kids, then the food shopping, was in so much pain, that the food shopping will have to wait, it felt like liam was gonna fall out, so decided best to come home and rest

maz we posted at the same time, i think you left out a number on your mobile......

Maybe next week MO3 I dont want to say unless its 150%. Im definately feeling it though so fingers crossed.

Nelle, um the house hunting/moving stuff is NOT going iykwim. I could use lots of 4 letter words to describe it and they arent nice ones like love and hugs Its really stressing me out and we have less than 8 weeks to go. Im looking forward to the hot weather though and the drive up should be a nice little holiday. We're going to stop in Syd to see friends, then take Jett to Seaworld on the GC and Australia Zoo on the sunny coast, then maybe a bit of a beach break in Noosa.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaT View Post
    I could use lots of 4 letter words to describe it and they arent nice ones like love and hugs
    Too funny. That's no good so far about your accomm, really hope something gets sorted for you soon! Would you consider staying in non-army accomm?

mum3girls Guest

AnnaT - :goodluck2: Oh, there's not much hot weather up here - freezing in the mornings (well, for me anyway, you might not agree ). When will you be heading up here? We're going down to Australia Zoo next month - the girls are really looking forward to it. SeaWorld's great as well, we went there when I was pregnant with Ambah - really good with little kids.

Chrissy - That's so exciting!!!! Hope everything goes well and Liam doesn't give you too much grief over the next couple of weeks.

anna - sorry honey, all the hot weather will be gone by the time you get here! Bummer about the housing though. Hopefully something suitable comes your way real soon.

chrissy - gosh, I so hear you on all of this stupid pre-labour crap we're going through. I'm so over it.

nelle - I do know some of the bb girls, but I'm on the other side of town to them If it happens tonight or tomorrow night, then at least BIL and his partner can come over and watch Nina as he's finished his roster for the week (he's an ambo), plus he'd come in handy if it's a real quick labour too!!
    MIL has offered to look after Nina if it's during the night, but she's one of the most unreliable people I know. I know that if we tried calling her during the night, she'd ignore the phone, or not hear it at all, cause she doesn't like being disturbed during her precious sleep
    Had a heavy bloody show this morning. Niggles every now and then, but nothing really happening. Heath isn't convinced anything will happen for at least 2 weeks yet. hhhmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Too funny. That's no good so far about your accomm, really hope something gets sorted for you soon! Would you consider staying in non-army accomm?
    If we have to rent privately we will but we've basically been told that we'll have to hope we get lucky in that side of things too as the rental market is super competitive and with 2 kids and a dog, people may not want to rent to us.

Quote Originally Posted by mum3girls View Post
    AnnaT - :goodluck2: Oh, there's not much hot weather up here - freezing in the mornings (well, for me anyway, you might not agree ). When will you be heading up here? We're going down to Australia Zoo next month - the girls are really looking forward to it. SeaWorld's great as well, we went there when I was pregnant with Ambah - really good with little kids.

Whats your idea of freezing? Ours is 1 degree or even -1 lol Um our stuff will be removed on 27th June and DH has to be at his new Unit to start work on the 7th July sooooooooo we'll be travelling between those dates.

lol anna, doesn't quite get that cold! But we've definitely noticed a difference. Our nights have gone from 25'ish degrees to 17-18 degrees. So you might not feel the cold.
    In Nth Qld, June/June is usually the coldest parts, but only ever getting down to 7 degrees would be the coldest I've ever had to deal with, and that was last year.

Ah well I'll survive then Jodi lol its below 14deg during the day here but we've had some lovely snow falls. Thinking about taking the boys for a day trip to the snow if I can get motivated to be freezing cold

How are you feeling? Any cx? Im so excited and so jealous, I wish I was having another baby I love giving birth. How long was your labour with Nina?

I had a 9 hour labour with Nina, but didn't have any warning beforehand. This time round though, I've been having these pre-labour symptoms for 2 weeks now! Bub is 3/5 engaged, dr reckons it's any day now. I've got really bad period pain, lost the rest of my plug today and have been getting a bloody discharge. I feel like things might be happening, but who knows! She might have other ideas.

Weather wise, like you said, you'll be right. I went to Emerald last year in July (which is Central Qld) and it was 1 degree during the night. We froze!! I'd hate to experience that again. I think Sharls would get cooler weather where she is than what we do.

mum3girls Guest

Yeah, I think it was something like 10/11 degrees last night

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast