Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #10

Noni, yep I really hate Bratz too and we banned them until her auntie (my darling sis who I adore) bought her one - grrrr! It's a sports one and the package actually said, and I quote, "Because it's not how you play the game but how you look that counts" - WHAT??? They're like skanky ho dolls - why would you want your daughter playing with that? The very first ones they brought out was like a "Gangsta" range - gun totin drug smugglin car jackin skanky ho dolls! JMO...

Back to the hair crisper, though, it is tempting, it crimps and also does like a heart shaped crimp in your hair - Bratz aside, that is waaaaay cool. Elisabeth on the other hand is nearly bald now with just one tufty little fountain on top of her head LOL

MD I love my GHD, it is a really expensive hair straightener. They work really quickly and leave your hair feeling sensational.

I hate Bratz too, they so arent right for little girls.

MD I think I am going to have to get one of the wonder weeks books.

Katie, did I PM you the link for the summary website about the WWs? That's all I've read. I'm thinking of getting it on interlibrary loan though.

deffinately agree with the skanky ho dolls thing i will be trying my hardest to get it out early that i dnt want Asha to be given bratz and that i will do my best to chuck it out because they are just not appropriate imo... the straightener thing does sound cute though... that really pi$$es me off to hear about that slogan "its not the way you play the game but how you look that counts" i dnt understand how they are so popular???
    i agree katie might be trying to get one of those books where do u get them from md???

Noni, if you join your local library, they might have a copy (which you can borrow for free) OR they can borrow books from any other library in Australia (!! how cool is that). It usually costs $13.20. So my library will get a copy in for me from another library. I understand they can be a bit hard to buy brand new, though I thought I saw a thread a couple of weeks back where someone ordered one in from Angus & Robertson.

MD I didnt get a PM but just was on the website (before I seen your post) lol. I am about to look it up in my libray too as there is some other books I want to get, not that I get much time to read lmao. There si a thread int the baby section where Kelly has put a link to where you can get them , they are expensive tho.

ETA my library doesnt have it, the website is good enough anyway.

I updated my gallery too.

MD - skanky ho dolls - that is so perfect!! Someone should market a series of dolls calls the Skankz or the Turdz - what a marketing opportunity lost!
    Pregpan I would love a latke recipe - of course I never got around to it! HAve a great time here in melb; I wish we could've organised to meet up but it's all a bit hectic & unpredictable atm, and it sounds like you're going to be busy enough!
    AngeA - would've loved to join you guys but the ILs are arriving next wk and there is a house to clean... have a great time and special hugs to Yael when you see her!
    have a lovely weekend - I am hoping S settles before morning - LOL (mirthless)

Katie, I just PMed you as you posted LOL! Love the photos, agree "SO cute"!

md thanks for the pm - Angus and robertson have it online so id assume if u went in they could order it in for you??

Ahhh your still up too Noni Im soooooooooo tired but I cant stop thinking! thinking thinking THINKING!

MD - I heard about this magic 12 week mark too. Although I thought it was some awsome milestone where babies sleep ALL through the night and laugh, giggle and have perfect nap times all day haha. Oh how I was wrong

Well I put Rory down in his cot at 9:00 and a few minutes later he cried for his dummy. One cry is really good, it has taken me a while to get him down in his cot the past 2 nights. Lets hope he goes back to sleeping through the night.

Ill let you know how I go in the morning

renee - yep still up lol in the night shift mode its harder to sleep without dp.. i suppose it might get earlier.. have you thought about putting a tetra bed in the cot thats what ashas in atm i am hoping it will make the transition a little easier because she is in the cot but just has the comfort of the tetra while shes still little.. that being said if ur making progress dnt go adding things now or you will be angry at me when its an extra step in the transition lol

ok those photos of Asha as a chrissy decoration are up lol well the best two there was a few taken
    if you could do me a favour and help me chose which one is better that would be greatly appreciated i have to chose one by tmw to use for the chrissy card!!!
    Last edited by *noni*e*; December 7th, 2007 at 11:50 PM.

morning everyone... Noni i like the 2nd picture best where you can see her hair. She is just gorgeous. I am so glad you enjoyed the party - will you go back to that mothers group in the new year? How is Asha feeling now?
    MD - whoa you have been v v unlucky with the infections etc. I hope the mastitis doesnt stick around for too long. I will have to look into the wonder weeks book too. I do think something is up with Noah - just the last 2 nights he has been a lot harder to settle etc.
    For those of you about to transtion to cot - dont fret too much abotu it, Noah's transition wrnt quite well and i must say that now we have done it he sleeps a lot better in there. The transitrion to cot coincided quite well with the long night sleeps. He now sleeps on average - 8.30/9 to 6ish. I hope this continues this week while DH is away and when we are in melb. i am thinking he will prob be unsettled in the new environment but all fingers crossed that i am pleasantly surprised.
    Hayley - how was the party? i hope it went well.
    Renee - yes i woild let ppl sit for Noah in my house, in fact i think i woiuld prefer that to their house.. not that I have that decision to make very often LOL! BUt if mum comes up to look after him etc it is always in my home.
    MD thanks for asking - the little gathering at my place went really well - we had about 10 kids, the house looked like a bomb hit it when they left but we all had a great time. Poor Noah prob had no idea what it was all about but he was wonderful. Queenie - there are still a few latke days left LOL!!!! But if you are going to do it - go to carlisle street and BUY BUY BUY my dear!
    GHD stands for good hair day i think and yep they are straighteners. quite expensive but for me it saves on going to h/dresser for blow dries all the time. i have full on curly hair and it is straight in 15 mins - impressive! they are more gentle on hair too.
    Renee - i think it was MBear, Ella and me that planned to take them to hospy!!! Yes mine came with me - and I admit I did use them LOL!!!! I am vain vain vain! I had just done my hair before iw ent into labour (coincidence) so it actually looks good in the pics when he was born LOL! Then i think i let is curl for the hosp stay and then i did tale the 20 min or so to do it before we came home...
    Well DH left at 5.45 this morniong so Noah and I are doing this morning by ourselves... and I have a few hrs before i head to the airport... wish me luck for the flight and the week in melb girls! Queenie - we will have to meet up on one of my many planned trips in the new year.. when we both have some more time!
    so... for all of you who havent finished your baby making... when do you thinkyou will start TTC again? I have discussed with DH and we think we will start when Noah is 12 months... exciitng exciting! It took us 12 months with Noah so I dont want to leave it too long in case it takes ages again... and if it happened right then i think it would be hard but so nice to have them so close in age... what do you all think? I am sooo excited we have this plan and DH agrees with me!
    Hope you all have a great weekend...
    Last edited by MamaPan; December 8th, 2007 at 07:17 AM.

Noni I like the "my little chrissy deco" one but they are both cute.

Pregpan good luck today for your flights, enjoy your weel in Melb. DH and I will start discussing TTC number 2 when Logan is 12 months.

I gave Logan a dreamfeed last night, he still woke up at 4am. Might try again though tonight. Well no doubt I will be on later after DH has gone to his party and I have had a glass or two of wine. Off to get Lognas Santa photo done this morning.

Have a great day everyone.

i think we are going for the pic where u can see her face more simply because its for family n they wanna b able to see her lol i love them both though... ive fixed the red eyes to take it to b printed so it looks better...
    katie gl with the santa photo r u gonna post it?
    pregpan - i prob will go back to the group next year coz i cant really judge it on one meeting even if i didn't have a good time which i did neway... Asha is getting better but she has had some refluxy issues this morning dosnt help that i didnt go to bed till 3am n am exhausted lol cant blame anyone but myself for that though lol

YAY Rory slept from 9:00PM - 6:00AM when he woke for a feed and then 6:30am - 8:00am when he decided he wanted to have a chat with his mobile above the cot until 9:00 when he fell asleep watching Oprah with me until 10:00

Pregpan - I had my hair lovely and straight when I got induced but 33 hours later it went crazy curly from all the sweating I did. And by the end I was pulling at my hair because I was in so much pain LOL. All well I look like death warmed up in all my hospital photos

noni, agree w/ katie...both cute but think "my little chrissy deco"'s better. glad u enjoyed ur mother's grp.
    pregpan, have a nice flight and enjoy melbourne.
    dtd 3x/wk....yeah, MAYBE "honeymoon" stage 7 yrs ago...big maybe....glad to hear that our bedrm life is normal.
    katie, logan IS "so cute"...and seems to be such a happy baby.
    md, hope mastitis goes away fast.
    is mother's grp same as play grp?
    have added some photos in the gallery.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast