Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #10

My work was trying to push me to do extra days but I kept saying no. This week they told me they dont need me one day a week anymoe as they have hired someone full-time. It seems they have put me on relief now. Pffft! All well a little cash here and there is okay.

Hayley - I found it easy because Rory was sleeping through the nights when I started. I couldnt even imagine working if he wasnt LOL! The only thing I struggled with at the start was getting everything ready. Now I prepare everything for Rory the night before work. I bath him in the evening and get his clothes set aside for the morning. I get his nappy bag packed, blankets, bottles ready, formula measured out and pack everything in the car ready to go. If you know who will be looking afer maddie you can even drop the bigger things like pram/play gym around the day before. Oh and tell who ever is looking after her to prepare for a billion phone calls for the first few weeks haha. Keep a pad in the nappy bag too with all your work numbers etc. I kept my mobile on me at work (just on vibrate)
    Whoa I could go on forever haha! Maddie sounds like a little angel so you should have any problems.

Noni - Glad Asha is on the mend. Give her a big cuddle from all of us

forgot to ask what are ppl getting their bubs for christmas??? so far ive bough Ash a book called "where is the green sheep" a twisty rattle that has lights n sounds and a little miss naughty toy lol... everyone else is buying her so much its hard to know what to do lol...

Wow, missed so much - I'm only just getting better from whatever was wrong with me now.

Scarlet has put herself in her own little routine now and i'm pretty happy with it, She goes to sleep at about 4:30PM, then wakes up for a little while to see daddy and have a bath at about 6PM, back to bed at 7PM, sleeps till 6AM, has brekkie, Sleeps again till 9AM in bed with me after DF has gone to work.

I can't believe you girls are back at work - I'm so jealous! I love being home with Scarlet but there are days when i just REALLY want to go to work. What do you all do?

noni- i bought lewis 'where is the green sheep' too!!! that's so funny

hayley- do you mind if i ask what you do for work? are you keen to go back? what will you do for childcare??

lp- i can't believe how good scarlet's routine is. i'm so jealous of that much sleep!!

hayley what a great routine, I too am jealous.

Noni we have bought Logan some clothes and an inflatable pool and some books. All of these things were on special and we have prob spent between $50 and $60. We arent buying him much for a few reasons, firstly he wont remember or be able to appreciate any of it and secondly my family has gone nuts buying him things. I cant wait until he is older and he can get excited unwrapping things.

Hayley - does Scarlet sleep through from 7PM - 6AM without any feeds?

Katie has 'Where is the Green Sheep'. It's a great book. She is also constantly sucking on her hands and they get so soggy at the end of the day. As does her bib as sometimes she gets that between her hand and her mouth.

For Christmas she is getting a nice copy of Snugglepot and Cuddlepie and then she will have a stocking with some little toys, cloth book and anything else small I can think of. She might get another present, but she is doing pretty well from the rest of my family so she should be right.

MD - glad you are feeling better. Shame DH has to restart the course again, that means more nights away from his little family.

I'm counting down the days until DH starts school holidays (11 more working days) - 5 whole weeks at home will be great!!

lol thats so funny about the green sheep book!!! asha also has apple pear orange bear which is a great one for bubs!!!
    Ashas been pretty good this avo/tnite maybe we will go to the party.. see how she is in the morning..
    cally - school holidays how lucky u and katie are!!!
    katie - our family has also gone nuts!!! my mum bought a basket (not a small one either) the other day to put Ashas presents in and they also bought her a rainforest play gym lol they cant help themselves dnt know how i will ever compete with that!!!
    lp - thats unbelievable what a good girl you have there!!!

Hayley - Oh my gosh Scarlett is an excellent sleeper. Not fair!!

Cally - Oh is your DH a teacher? Will be nice to have him home for all that time. You will be able to do lots of fun things together as a family.

Katie - We arent going overboard on chrissy pressies for the same reason. Next yr will be different!

Gracie - I work in administration for a property settlements company. I'm in two minds about it. When I spoke to my boss today I started off all woo hoo this will be great, then I had a little cry, which suprised me! I think really I do want to go to work one day a wk, but I'm scared about leaving her. If it doesnt work out I will just stop I guess. My mum initially said a few mths ago she could care for Maddie one day a wk while I work, but since then my parents have become very busy with their work so i dont know if that offer still stands. I will have to sort it out tomorrow.

Noni - Thats good that little Asha is getting better. You just feel so sorry for them when they are sick. For christmas I've so far got Maddie the FP soother that attaches to the cot and a FP mirror toy. I'll probably get a jolly jumper and maybe something else relatively cheap. Not going to go overboard.

Renee - Does your DH mind that you arent working much? Mine doesnt mind either way, but admits a little extra cash would help. I'm scared that Maddie wont sleep through. Oh I hope i'm doing the right thing.

Maddie is doing her first night in the cot tonight. Yay! I still cant sort out the blankie problem, I just cant get it shoved down the slats tight enough. So I put her in a bonds suit and a grobag. Hopefully she will be ok like that, but I just cant do the blanket!! I'll practice tomorrow during the day.

if ur worried about it just wrap her in a blanket (i wrap ash up under the arms because she hates having her arms wrapped) and under the feet so if she kicks around the blanket goes down not up (pretty sure someone said that part before) but either way i am sure she will be fine in the bonds suit and growbag

OooOO Hayley I did settlements too! Where did you work?? I worked at CS Legal & Bellmac a long time ago. I remember in the interview with bellmac they asked if I was planning on having children any time soon. Looking back I cant believe I answered that question, how rude!! Im with Ray White now.
    Oh and Dwayne wasnt happy about me going back to work at all haha. Still isnt I dont think. Although he doesnt complain when I get PAID! You will be fine. Try it out for a couple of weeks and if it doesnt agree with you then dont continue. But if your getting really stressed out about leaving Maddie then leave it for just a little while.

Its Rory's second night in the cot and im praying we dont have a repeat of last night (waking up at 2:00am). He didnt sleep all day although im not sure if it was the cot or not.... I have just put him down in the cot and he screamed Ive put him on his back and he has drifted off. Maybe he just doesnt want to sleep on his belly now? We will see how we go, he was never able to fall into a deep sleep on his back.
    Oh god look at me talking too much!

lol rennee ur not talking to much look at me posting all the time lol i am sooo lonly!!! usually my dad is home and in the house but tnite hes gone out so its really weird!!! maybe rory has a tummy ache n thats why he didn't want to be on his tummy??

LP, that is a great routine. We are still working on one- he will do the same thing for a few days and I think that he is getting a pattern but then it all changes again.

Sometimes I think about work, I do miss the social aspect but I never really enjoyed the actual work (I am an environmental chemist). It seems like forever since I was at my job although I only left 4 months ago. I probably won't go back to work for a few years until Will and #2 are at school.

Ozstar, Logan is very cute in his little santa outfit. Did you get some good shots for your chistmas cards? You might have already said, but where did you get the suit from?

I don't think Will is getting much for christmas. We haven't even thought about it so far. With no family here I don't think we will really bother with it this year.

Sherie, hope all is well

Hi there everyone
    Just thought i'd pop in and catch up on all of the goss.
    My eyes are just about falling out of my head, so i'm sorry about not writing any personals - but i have read the past couple of pages (i'm finding it hard to keep up with you all !! lol)
    Everything is going well here. Hannah is smiling and chatting heaps which just melts my heart. She has slept through the night for the past couple of nights - which has just been wonderful
    Renee - Hannah is like Rory - she starts at one end of the cot and ends up at the other end.
    For Christmas we have just bought Hannah a Pool seat, so she can come in the pool with us.- and a swimsuit. My mum and sister bought her the Fisher Price rainforest take along swing - she seems to like it so far -fell asleep in it twice today. I don't know how many months she will get out of it, but it is something that i can pass on to other family members when they have their own bubs.
    I hope everyone who is sick gets better soon.
    Hopefully i can find some time soon to catch up and write some more personals.
    Take care everyone

Hey Arte! Everything is all well here with everyone - I have just been so busy it's not funny.

Hiya Jaz, great to *see* you! Miss Hannah sounds like she is being her usual adorable self.

I have some big news -
    ALISTER CAN ROLL!!!!!!!!

He started doing it yesterday, and he was so surprised LMAO. I had him on the floor just kicking around on a blanket and for weeks he has been going over onto his side and then flipping back onto his back, and for the past week he has looked like he was about ready to go all the way and he has finally done it at 11wks, 2 days old. So now the little angel thinks this is a great new trick and does it al the time, including during nappy changes can't win em all I suppose LOL.

(for the record though, Lindsay was 14wks, Erin 10wks and Paige 8wks when they started rolling)

that's too funny sherie!!!
    i can just imagine alister trying to roll over when you're changing his nappy..i wonder if lewis starts doing that soon too...funny stuff!
    well i have to head off now to physio for my pelvic floor muscles. not looking forward to it at all! but i know it's important to do. dad is looking after lewis for me so i can concentrate while i'm there!

Yay Sherie go little Alister! I hope Logan starts rolling soon, doesnt look like doing it anytime soon though.

Gracie good luck at the physio.

Jazmum, good to see you so to speak. Glad everything is going well at your end.

Arte I got the santa outfit on Ebay, I have since seen soem at Kmart and Target. The hat is mine. Got so many good shots it was hard to pick just one for the cards. They have all been sent now though and everyone should get them today.

Hayley how did Maddie go in the cot?

Renee did you get some sleep?

I think I am going to have to get this green sheep book.
    Last edited by Ozstar; December 7th, 2007 at 07:35 AM.

Ozstar, do you think that he is having the 3 month growth spurt? Will decided that 4.30am was play time this morning.

Sherie, congrats on A's rolling. W can get onto his side but flops back onto his back still.

JaZmum, good to see you and yay for your night of sleep.

W managed to sleep from 8pm -6.30am the other night which would have been fantastic but the dog kept barking at some fighting cats so I ended up getting up more times to growl at her than I usually get up for the baby.

Morning Yummy Mummy's ~

DF and i are going on our first night out without bub tonight, My mum is babysitting, I'm so excited!

Cally ~ Yup she does sleep from 7pm-6am without a feed, a couple of nights she has woken in a grizzle at about 3am which is when she used to have a bottle but now she just has to see that i'm there and she goes straight back to sleep. We have no more naps during the day though.

I can't wait for DF to be on holidays either!

Renee ~ I hope you and little rory got some sleep last night.

Art ~ I've been trying not to get excited because the first night she slept through i thought it was going to last forever! but it was a one night occurance, however this seems to be sticking

Sherie ~ YaY Alister, now you're going to have your hands full!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast