Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #11

Hayley - Definately check out if you are entitled to any centerlink benefits. We thought we wouldnt get a cent as DP makes good money, but turns out we were eligible for $85 a fortnight. Not much but better than nothing right!? I'm sure you can get a carers allowance of some sort, you cant be expected to take on two girls with no financial assistance. Hey also i just noticed that Scarlets ticker says she is 5 mths, hehe whoopsie

Cally - Oh no we had a gastro scare last wk with Dp too, turns out it was nothing thank goodness. I hope you manage to keep it away from yourself and Katie.

Marydean - I can understand being uneasy Bfing in front of co workers. Some women can just whip them out anywhere, which is good, but i know if i was bfing i couldnt do it!

Renee - It wont be long and Rory will be in the jolly jumper.

Oops! LOL

I was thinking, hang on a minute thats not right, I got all confused.

Also thanks to everyone for your reassurances about my chubby bubby. I really thought nothing of it, I weighed her and was like wow 6.5 you healthy little growing girl, then I told MIL and she looked on her growth chart and said she's slightly over weight. Silly MIL always making me worry. Far out she is driving me mental, cant wait for her to go home. Just her little comments like Maddie likes to be wrapped (when she doesnt anymore, she now uses grobags) & yesterday we came back from the shops and Maddie was crying and MIL said, doesnt your mummy feed you, mean mummy, your mummy puts you in these silly clothes etc etc. AND we have a little pattern going and she keeps stuffing it up, like putting her to bed when she is so not tired and would usually be playing, hence she lies in bed awake crying until we take her out. Grrr wish she would butt out, but she has bought us so much for Maddie so I dont want to seem ungrateful. I wish she would just understand that she needs to keep her distance a bit, I know my own daughter and what she needs/wants iykwim. Anyway vent over!!

Has anyone seen the little cute 'i love mummy & i love daddy' outfits? I want some. They arent tacky are they?? I've noticed cotton on for kids does some beautiful little tops with quirky little sayings on them.

Leanne - The Glen 20 has been getting a work out and DH just headed off to the bathroom with the Pine O Clean too!

Hayley - DD has a Tshirt from cotton on kids with Dad Rocks on it! So cute (she wore it the day we came back from Canberra after not seeing him for 5 days - he was impressed)

Cally I bought some of those i love daddy and daddys little girl dummies, and DP was very impressed too. I just went onto the cotton on website and joined up, you get a $10 off your next purchase voucher when you spend over $40, cool!

Hi there

Sorry gatecrashing this thread!
    My DS was born in on the 2 Sept 07 and I was scanning over this and wanted to drop a line.

I am a bit 'concerned' because he used to sleep from 930-230 then a quick feed to wake at 530 then I'd bring him to bed and we'd sleep until 9am. Now he is very unsettled at night although I have tried to bring his bedtime to 830 because he seems really tired.

Just wondering if any of you have advice or anything about this change? Also I have mentioned this on another thread, but have any of you got problems with your in the car? Mine hates it! I am desperate to find a solution.

thanks!
    nox

Hi and Welcome Nox- re sleeping my DD has been unsettled latley at night I think is a growth spert or something. DD Loves the car but my SIL son hated the car and is now 6mth old and now loves the car.

Shirts- My boys have MY DAD IS THE MAN and now DH are then who is the man and they say that DADDYS the man. lol So

Hi Nox ~
    Congratulations on the birth of your DS.
    no need to apoligise, we all gatecrashed at some stage , The more the merrier.
    I don't have any advice, really because my brain isn't working today... I'm sure all the other ladies will though

Hayley ~ Ah. Don't get me started on MIL's... I got some daddy's lil girl bibs the other day (DF was stoked), and i've seen the dummies, they're so cute!

Nox - welcome to the thread. Sorry can't help you, we are having our own sleeping issues at the moment, DD has completely changed in the last week. She does enjoy the car though, there have been very few instances when she has cried at all.

Hayley - I just ordered a grobag, do you put socks on Maddie when you put her in it? I got the Princess Lucy one, K will look just gorgeous in it!

LP - How is Scarlet's spots going? Is she back to normal?

Nox - I don’t know if this is going to sound stupid or not but here I go anyway....Maybe you could sit him in the car seat while the car isn’t running and just play with him so he feels secure? Maybe you or dad could sit in the back with him for a few trips to reassure him. How about some toys? We bought a fisherPrice 'dashboard' toy which sits over the car seat. You can activate with a remote control while you are driving.

Hayley - I bought Rory a 'daddy's drinking buddy' bib haha I love that stuff. OOoOO and im off to the cotton on web site now

Im at work and its soooooo quite which leaves me more time to miss my little darling! I just called my MIL and he is fast asleep.

Last night I took off Rory's clothes to pop him in the bath. I put him down in his cot for just a moment so I could lay his towel out ready and I thought to myself 'surely he wont pee if I put him down for a second'. Walked back in the room after hmmmm 15 second and he wizzled everywhere and was cacking himself laughing!!!!!!!!

thanks ladies for the welcome!

I hope this is a phase. He's not even napping in his cot -- only on me! Oh well ....
    I have tried the siting in the back seat and also in the car seat and toys toys toys -- see not a silly suggestion!!! -- to no avail! Hope like Leemar's he grows out of it. Otherwise I swear it is very dangerous! He screams and I have to lean back with my hand to comfort him ... I'll give you all my plates so that if you see me coming you get out of the way! haha

Love all the daddy Tshirts -- just to add to that, got DS My Daddy Rocks. V cute.

YAY ~ Scarlet has started rolling over again now, Phew! I was getting worried as she stopped for so long.

Cally - All the spots are gone, I have a sneaking suspicion they were little flea bites as i found furbaby footprints in the cot & I've been slack since i had bub and haven't kept up with the flea treatments.

lol Renee - Scarlet always waits for DF to change her so she can pee everywhere

hey nox - with the sleeping, Is your DS having day sleeps?... maybe you need to cut one of those out or make it earlier/later. My daddy rocks, how cute! - Has anyone seen the cute clothes at rockmybaby dot com?

Hi there everyone
    Sherie - you really have been busy haven't you!!!
    Arte- someone told me that story about the boogers too- and i'm like you and gag when i think about it.
    md - i had a giggle thinking about your geeky male co-workers. I hope you're enjoying your lunch.
    leanne - hopefully Xavier won't need gromits. Fingers crossed.
    Nox - hello and welcome. My little Hannah has been quite restless and waking up alot. She used to sleep well during the day, but wakes after about 20minutes. I was getting stressed about it - but now i just go with flow - and let her sleep where she can. Even if it's in the hug a bub or the rocker. Is your little man wearing comfy clothes when he's in his car seat? sometimes hannah has her clothes tucked up behind her and gets upset. Maybe you could put a picture of your face on the backseat?
    Renee - i bet it's tough leaving your little man at home,although you're so lucky that he can stay with family. How cute that he giggled when he did a wee!
    My sister is pretty sure she has lost the bub. She passed a small clot this morning, and she just feels empty now. I couldn't help myself and cried when she told me. I hugged my girls tight this morning.
    Her doctor has got her an appointment at an ultrasound clinic - she said she just wants to know one way or another.
    hope you're all having a fab afternoon

JaZMum - Rory is only sleeping for 1/2 hour to 1 hour during the day too! I was freaking out but like you said, Just go with the flowwww

hi nox! welcome. i find it hard to put dd down to sleep during the day too. she can only sleep slightly longer periods when in my arms (w/c leaves me with no time to get anything done). i did notice that on the odd occassions that i'm feeling game to see if she'll cintinue sleeping when i put her in the cot, she slept slightly longer on her tummy...w/c we're not supposed to do but i do keep an eye on her so is ok by me. as for the car thing, she didn't use to like it but is sooo much better now. think it's a bit of getting used to. also, some ladies in here had recommended a feed and burp before getting in the car and i think that's worked very very well. lastle, make sure he's shaded. my dd screamed like mad whenever the sun was on her last week. she'd calm down when we got to a bit of shade. really hard to drive.
    congrats to all the rolling babies. this is another one of those things when you look forward to it but at the same time afraid it'll come. i really don't look forward to the additional worry when max starts rolling. am a worry-wart by nature.
    have got a couple of shirts w/ stuff on them but were gifts so don't remember what was written on them. and still big so not being worn yet.
    arte, do you use the nasal aspirators (fess) to clean boogy? gross idea to "suck"..i'm assuming you mean mouth.

ohhh i love rock your baby. sooo cute.

i've tried the feeding etc and sometimes i get a bit longer before the death screams! i think i can only hope that he'll grow out of it real soon!

he was sleeping during the day ... not so good today but usually one 2 hr nap plus lttle naps in pram or slings. he is just so restless and clearly tired, but i will see what happens tonight as we are out for dinner so his sleep will be later again!

fianne -- can DD sleep in a sling? it has saved my life and i have a few carriers. we went through a stage where he would just not be put down.

as you all say, just go with the flow! i'll hope for a break soon!!! ohhhh when will DH come home????
    haha

nox - do you use a dummy for bub?

no he would never take to it

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast