Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #12

morning everyone
    LP - i hope everything goes well for you today. Make sure you show them your vegie garden - IMO anyone who has a thriving vegie patch is organised, has plenty of patience and is incredibly nurturing
    Agnes - when i used to work in childcare i used to love rocking the babies to sleep (i was the director so could go in and help out) It does depend though, because if all 8 babies decide to cry at once, it makes it a bit tricky. Usually they will follow the routine that you have in place at home. A friend of mine put her bub into FDC. She checked out a few centres, and a couple of family day carers until she found the one that she felt most comfortable with.
    md - poor hannah isn't going to know what her real name is - she gets soo many different names each day.
    a big hello to everybody else

wish this cold weather would go away i only have 2 warm suits and 2 wondersuits that fit her lol...
    LOL we had to do an emergency run into Cotton On Kids for some little leggins as little porky E is getting Too Fat (!) for her 000s. Crack up because I read the label for 000s and it said 62cm (which she is) and 6 kg but E is well over 6.5kg Like the MCHN said, "not bad for an exclusively Bfed baby" PMSL. So glad Asha settled down, sometimes it just seems like the day is never going to end!

LP - lucky you with a lovely scar. Mine's disgusting,*TMI alert* I've got an overhang and it still sometimes gets a bit funky and smelly. It still hurts sometimes (on the inside) when I get up out of bed. The (young) dr I saw obviously thought it was gross too because she told me I could get it tidied up later on (dermoplasty). I don't really mind though, small price to pay for my beautiful E, and when you think about it, our bodies are pretty amazing that they can grow these precious people for us!

ETA, speaking of Hannah's not knowing their real names (LOL) DD1 announced on Sunday that henceforth we are to address her by her full title Your Royal Highness Princess Anna or just (because we're family) Princess Anna !

ETA: Fianne, I just wanted to thank you for mentioning the hunger-overtiredness cycle. I think that's why E has been so unsettled these past few days - overtired and clearly not feeding enough. Have been topping up feeds since the penny dropped and she's doing much better. Thanks. xx
    Last edited by AnyDream; December 19th, 2007 at 01:21 PM.

DH is better. He's staying in quarantine until tomorrow though to make sure us girls don't get it.

K has woken up from both naps screaming this morning. She's obviously still tired and I've put her back down when she's calm, but she really doesn't want to sleep

My scar looks all right. I still have a bit of an overhang. Mine's 13cm long - heaps more than yours LP. Still waiting for the linea nigra to fade though.

I've got K in some 00 pants today. I have to pull them up so high so her feet come out the bottom, but we really didn't have anything left for her to wear.

Ozstar - hope the weigh in goes well today.

LP - hope DOCS goes well. I'm sure they will be very impressed with all you have done for them already.

went shopping today and basically finished up everything phew!! just needa put in some photos to be developed and that will be all but i need dp to help me chose them so yeah...
    went with my mum who bought Ash a dress from pumpkin patch, some pink dunlop vollies (sooooo cute!!) and a dress from cotton on kids (one just opened in blacktown yay) i also got ash a my dad rocks jump suit that she can wear on his bday which is this saturday shhhhh dnt tell him haha...
    i have a package waiting at the post office could be one of two things a book or my new nappy bag (lol a new one already i know but i couldnt resist) mums just driven up there now to pick it up incase its the bag n in a box to carry...
    md - thats sooo cute the princess ann thing lol.. thats great the H is so healthy and chubby well done!!
    jazmum - i think Asha probably things her name is cranky franky at the moment lol coz thats what shes been getting the most
    cally - glad dh is better

Cally good to hear that your DH is on the mend.

Noni Logan has blue dunlops, they are just the cutest. He wears them when we go out, I dont think they will fit for very long.

MD had to laugh at Princess Anna, thats so cute.

Agnes in the centres I have worked in we always pat all the kids to sleep unless the parents dont want us to because it isnt the childs usual routine. We never let the babies cry either, actually we were usually always cuddeling the babies so they never got a chance to cry lol. Just look around and spend as long as you can at each centre. I love FDC and would choose that if I was putting Logan into care.

Well the weigh in was great. He has put on 450g in one week, thats right almost half a kg. He is definitley thriving.

cally - great news that your dh is feeling better. Hopefully he'll be perfect in time for eating lots at christmas.
    noni - how exciting getting a package in the mail!! Sounds like your mum just loves spoiling Asha.
    cranky franky is a good one. Sometimes Hannah gets 'bubbabooba', and ' hanbanan' as well.
    md - what has led your Hannah to wanting to be referred to as royalty?

well the girls have made me one piece of wrapping paper -they got a tad distracted when a frilly lizard , who we call Lizzy Maguire, jumped in our pool and remained there for about half an hour!! Lucky we've got some store bought wrapping paper in the cubboard!!

eta - whoa katie - that's a huge amount. well done Logan!!!

forgot to say the other day my dads g/f went hunting through her jewellery box and amongst a no joke $10,000 diamond that used to be a hat pin and belong to her grandmother she has all these ruby saphire emerald and diamond pieces of jewellery that shes been given over the years and dosn't like lol.. she dosn't wear gold and prefers non precious stones like turqoise lol so as she was going through it all she found a saphire and diamond ring that she has given me because i have a saphire and diamond pendant i got for mothers day (saphire being Ashas birth stone) i bought some jewellery cleaner today and cleaned it its beautiful
    jazmum - yep my mum cant help spoiling Asha i like it when i am there and can direct her spoiling into practical things like clothes!!! cranky franky was dps invention lol its very suitable lately although she was dishing out the smiles today while we were out think she just prefers being out with so much to look at
    katie - yay go logan!!! great to hear hes going so well!!! i couldnt resist the shoes lol well my mum bought them but i was looking for them after i saw lorelei waring them the other night when they came over.. i was like i didn't know you could get shoes to fit and then i was on a bit of a mission to find them lol..

OMG shoes??? We can't even get socks to stay on E's feet (kicks em around too much like the regular little Donkey Child she is LOL).

Jazmum, she has a book about how to be a princess, I bought it thinking the table manners part might rub off on her (LOL) but she loves it. It includes stuff like how to do secret messages with your lacy fan when you're at the royal ball, etc. How girly is that!

Cally, good to hear DH is better now, just don't let him go swimming for a couple of weeks!

Noni, that's lovely that you're getting jewels - v.meaningful for Ash's birth stone too.

Katie, I didn't realise you worked in Child care, we've got a few in this thread. Go Logan! Noice work for a week.

Gotta go, Squeaky's squeaking again! I can hear her thru the monitor doing her newest sound, "Brrrrrrrrrvvvvvv, Brrrrrrrrvvvvvv" LOL

md - very important that one knows how to secretly communicate with one's fan!!! (especially when you're at the royal ball)

hi all
    sorry havent been on much - i have read but not posted as i have had a busy few days. i finally have a few mins to myself now as noah is sleeping - or should i say napping
    we spent last night in hospital with N - until 1am... he had a reaction to the vaccinations the poor thing - was v scary - high temp and fast breathing. he is doing a lot better today though so i am relieved.
    oh gotta go - sorry no time for personals my little darling has woken up!
    will try to come on later

ooh pregpan how scary. Poor little Noah!!!! Poor Pregpan and DH!!!!! it's not nice being at the hospital is it? i'm glad he's much better today.

Prgpan - glad N is feeling better today, must have been a scary night.

Katie - that's awesome weight gain for Logan. Well done.

omg!! so many posts, where do i start? i think i've missed a whole thread! lol
    typing with one finger so can't say much!
    just wanted to say...steiner schools- there is one near us and a similar type- sherbrooke community school. i love the idea of them, dp hates them ggrrr!
    md- yes i have read 100 ways to calm crying. i loved it!
    have just bought lewis 2 of those new bonds easysuits- all in one, no buttons, very comfy!
    will catch up on personals tmorrow! bye

Hey again all

DOCs visit went well...
    actually i'm pretty annoyed, they didn't seem to care at all, I think i could have told them the girls were sleeping in cardboard boxes under the house & I have been locking them in a cupboard for 12 hours a day & they wouldn't have even blinked, They kind of seemed bored & one kept checking her watch constantly, They asked us a billion questions off a clipboard & weren't even waiting for the answers before they ticked whatever box they felt like ticking.

Scarlet has been a lil ratbag all this arvo again ~ I think she's going through the 3mth thing.

well it was my new nappy bag!! its a gr8x mistique lol its an older one it was on spesh coz they have bought out a newer one with just the pattern on the front where as this one has the pattern all over it... the bottle holder clips on so you dnt take up space inside the bag with it as does a small little thing for dummies so ur not rummaging through your bag to find them brilliant idea imo!!
    lp docs are overworked n full of cases that wld make ur skin crawl i am sure when they come sumwhere like ur place they feel like they are wasting their time on something that isnt as important iykwim? i am not trying to insult you just saying you sound like you have a lovely home and safe environment for the kids n they are spending their time at your place rather than helping out some poor abused child...
    pregpan - poor little noah!!! what are you going to do re immunisations now? glad hes doing better now

LP, maybe it was clear from the moment they walked through the door that it's a safe and loving environment! Or maybe their Christmas lunch is on today...?

Pregpan, how scary, glad Noah is ok. Will he have further vaccs later on, what will they do about that?

pregpan- just remembered i got sick from vaccs and they staggered them by giving half doses it wasnt that severe though as far as i know maybe something to ask?

Pregpan- hope N is feeling better, that must have been so scary to see him like that

Ozstar - sounds like Logan has been a little piglet this week!

LP - glad your DOCs visit went well. I hope they pay more attention than that at houses where kids are in danger.

We had our last swimming for the year today. I will miss it, it is the only day of the week he will have a decent day sleep lol. I can't believe christmas is less than a week away. At this stage it will only be DH, W and I. I don't think we are doing anything on the day, we are going to a friends house on Sunday for dinner but that is all we have planned.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast