Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #12

arte - theres only 2 near us too one about 1/2 hour away and one about 45mins - 1hr away

Noni ~ I didn't find it too difficult, It was a little bit hard adjusting to the way the kids in mainstream school interacted ie. i'd never seen anyone be bullied before. i got in trouble pretty often at first because i would just get up in front of the class and start telling them all the stories that i'd learnt at my steiner school & I would always forget to put my hand up before i spoke, lol.

DF is against steiner schools in particular because he thinks they're behind compared to mainstream schools & he doesn't want Scarlet (these are his exact words) "becoming a fruit picking, hitch-hiking, dole bludging, tree hugging hippy", he also thinks she wont learn the same social skills as mainstream kids learn, which is ridiculous - heaps of people have a total misconception of what they're really like i guess... O'well i have 5 or 6 years to change his mind

Are Steiner schools suited to all children or for more artistic type kids? I think that with two scientist parents that W will be more analytical than artistic. Do you know how they rate academically?

LP, how are your new girls going? Happy 3 month birthday to Scarlet

Noni, I am jealous of your baby free time yesterday. I really need to have a couple of hours to myself but I can't leave W for long because he always wants to be fed.

They're doing really well art, I think they really like it here. They're forcing me to be more active too - I was doing handstands in the backyard today - not quite as graceful as they used to be *lol*.

I need some bubba/kid free time sometime soon too - I'm going to go nuts soon if i don't have a little break.... Come on DF's chrissie holidays!!!

ETA: DF's christmas party for work is on Saturday & the invitation says 'champagne semi-formal' anyone have any idea what that means? I really need to buy something to wear but it's got me all confused. lol. Why can't they just write formal or casual on invitations anymore?

waaaaaa i have a screamy bub that wont eat.. last feed she drank 90 rather than 160 n then pulled away crying n refused to eat more n this feed shes drunk 10mls n the same thing has happened shes kinda falling asleep on me now becoz shes exhausted i dnt know if its teeth or reflux or both but her hands are constantly in her mouth n shes so grumpy oh i just dnt knw what to do the house is a mess n the sink is full of dishes n i have no choice but to do it because we share the house with my dad and his gf and if she comes hme from night shift to find those dishes she will get the poos

lp i think it means like ****tail dresses n stuff nice clothes without too much fornal stuff...
    lol @ ur dps view on the steiner schools dp is really open to it though he does want to do a bit more research first..
    arte not sure about that something i am yet to look into the academic side there lots of info if u google steiner schools

yay I can finally get on to post. I have been reading all day but not responding.

Noni hows Asha doing now? I hope she is a little more settled. Her teeth must be hurting her.

LP I would think semi formal means ****tail. So you could get away with a short dress so long as it is a nice one KWIM. Is Scarlet a little more settled tonight?

Renne my car seat says 9kg, so check what yours reccomends. I will be leaving Logan reawards for as long as I can.

Hayley I still rock Logan to sleep. Sometimes at night he goes down by himself but durring the day I rock him off to sleep. I enjoy it and want to treasure the cuddles while he is still so small.

Sherie sorry to hear about your step father. You know we are all here for you whenever you need us. Hows Lindsay feeling?

Leeane you feeling better?

Off to get Logan weighed tomorrow and see if the FF top ups have helped. I am sure he has put on a tone of weight.

Hello to everyone else. I am off to make up some bottles and clean the kitchen...yuck.

Renee - I hear you on the 1/2 hr day naps! It drives me nuts too because I know she's still tired.

Cally - I've tried the whole taking her off to bed on my own, but these days I have a tag along...the MIL!!!!

Hayley - Its so annoying how they cant just write casual or formal on an invite, its so confusing! I'd just go ****tail.

Katie - You are right about enjoying cuddling our babies to sleep. I just get the guilts because I know in the long run it probably wont do any good.

This may be a long shot, but I am chasing winnie the pooh and the blustery day on dvd or cd! Has anyone spotted it while out on their travels!?

Morning everyone ~

Scarlet is screaming her head off again today, In a happy way. lol. It's pretty funny.
    She went to sleep at about 5:30 last night, She didn't even stay awake long enough to have her bath or her last feed for the night.. she was pooped from being grizzly all yesterday.

We have the people from DOCs coming today so I'm a little bit nervous.

Noni ~ Did Asha drink some more & settle down last night? I would say who cares about the housework but like you said you share so you can't really let it go. .

Katie ~ Hope Logan has turned into a lil chubba for you I agree with cuddling our bubs while they're still so small - Scarlet self settles all the time now but sometimes i just have to let her fall asleep in my arms.

Hi everyone else, Hope you all have a great day!

Morning,

I have basically been up since 4am. Logan woke up and wanted to play, took me ages to get him back to sleep. I bet the little bugger snoozes all day while I have a million things to do lol.

Hayley I know what you mean about creating bad habbits but I figure I will deal with that when I need to, plus I dont think you would create alot of bad habits this early on. If Maddie is settling for you though then keep going. You can pnly do whats right and what works for you.

LP good luck with DOC's I am sure you will do great. Dont you just love the happy screams, Logan does it all day long and thinks its hillarious.

Hi Sherie, how's Lindsay doing now? Better I hope, rotten to get sick like that just before Christmas - no one else gets it! Sorry to hear about your stepfather - what's the prognosis like?

Agnes - OMG at the HONEY!!!!!!!!!!! soooooo glad you caught DH in time. Perfect illustration as to why we should all ignore our ILs advice!! Re water, you CAN give it (cooled boiled) but not necessary if you're feeding on demand and drinking plenty yourself. Baby will feed more often, shorter in hot weather to get more thirst quenchy milk.

Leanne, you poor thing, what's with all the gastro going around?? Rest up and I hope you're feeling back to normal again soon.

Jazmum - YAY for homemade christmas paper - not sure we'll get to that this year, DD1s dragging her feet writing cards for her friends LOL. More exciting when mum does all the work and she gets the glory LOL.
    she's such a cutiepatootie!!!
    That's so cute, I'm going to adopt that into my vocab now!

Queenie, yep the girls are still loud and proud in their fabulousness! LOL No I haven't uploaded any more photies, but we have plenty, I just need a spare hour or two to sort them out, resize, etc. DH & I did some photo montages for the calendars for our parents, pretty pleased with how some of them turned out so might even try to put them on there...will let you know once that's done! Farts and spewing at once, what a multitalented girl you've got there, Q!

LP what veggie have you got this year? We're doing potatoes (fancy ones) first time ever, usual pumpkins, 2 x tomatoes (roma and stripey green ones), mini eggplants, capsicums and a few herbs. Yep they've been pretty neglected at our house too! LOL BTW I think you need to make your Christmas guests do all the work for you, get some to arrive early to help you set up and get them all bringing dishes so you don't have to do it. AAAAaaw all this talk of Steiner schools is really heartbreaking, I sooooo wanted DD1 to go there! Not sure we'll be in a place for it by the time E starts school either...I have a friend who's doing her teacher training in a Steiner stream, it's v child-centred. BTW my friend put her son in Steiner for the last 2 years of high school and he's done very well getting on in the outside world so it does work!

BTW I think champagne semi-formal means dress nice but don't wear a suit/ballgown. Does 'champagne' mean it's a stand-up ****tail nibbly type function or a sit down dinner (might help you pick which shoes to wear LOL)

Had a complete meltdown on Mon night. Dh away, E really unsettled, quilt-sewing deadline looming, cards not sent, calendar not uploaded, groceries not shopped for, ppl coming for dinner next day, house a pigsty, MD functioning on less than 5 hours sleep for three or so nights. Then E had a horror night, got up 4 or 5 times (!!!!!!) Arrrrrgh. Anyway, then I had a good day yesterday, went out and bought myself a christmas present and ran into a friend and had lunch, sorted everything out, tidied house, cooked a magnificent dinner, had a ball with our dinner guests and DH got home. So it just goes to show how you can never predict from day to day how things will go with a baby!

Arte, your explanation makes me feel really lucky that I stopped them on time. Cant imagine how I would feel otherwise. Hope you had a better night, its really hard isnt it to get them back to sleep when the sun is so bright outside.

Leanne, hope you re feeling better, and what a great dh you have!

Katie, thanks so much for the pm. I was thinking of getting at least 3-4 packs of crawler nappies. Good luck on the weigh in, I am sure he will be your chubby baby again soon. And hope you can get a bit of rest today.

Hayley, poor Maddie ... she must be so confused. Never thought life was so peaceful when it was only us and bub LOL

Noni, how is Asha today? Hope she is feeling better

Queenie, lol at squelchy fart. Hhhmm, malt extract on dummy ... I need to be careful then, in case someone also suggests that LOL

Renee, mine also said 8-9kgs. W also only catnaps during the day, half an hour sleep is annoying isnt it.

LP, overdose from honey ... oh no, never even thought something good for adults can be that horrible to babies. Good luck with today!

Cally, hope your dh gets better soon

Hhmm, I am not that familiar with Steiner school but reading from the posts it does sound interesting.

I am still rocking and patting to sleep most of the time. What worries me is when it is time for him to go to childcare. Does anyone know if they rock and pat at childcare? And do they pick the babies when they cry?
    Anyway, at the moment I am reading this book 'the no cry sleep solution', hoping to get some insights on getting him to self settle without the crying.
    After MIL goes home, I will try some of the settling techniques. No hope of doing that now, she carries him all the time

ETA
    MD we're posting at the same time. Glad you had fun yesterday, hope you're managing everything well. At least you will definitely like your (own) Christmas present this year LOL
    How is your Mastitis btw, hope it has cleared up now
    Last edited by spring_ag; December 19th, 2007 at 09:11 AM.

Agnes, if it's a good centre they rock and pat and pick up when they cry. But you don't really know until you go and have a stickybeak. I left DD1 in occasional care once (she would've been about 8 mths old) and I came back and they had left her sitting on a chair (WTF??...) & no one was attending to her and I could tell by the way she was when I picked her up that she'd been crying flat out for a while. The carers were all outside playing with the older kids. She was only there for 2 hours thank goodness and needless to say she never went back there. We found a FDC mother after that and she was never left to cry again!

Has anyone read 100 ways to calm the crying by Pinky Mackay?

MD ~ Glad your meltdown didn't last long, sounds like you had a great dinner party! - the christmas party is a sit down dinner so i will be dusting off my high heels for the first time in...wow...sooo long! This year we have all the usual boring stuff in the garden, pumpkins, tomatoes (roma & cherry), beets, carrots, snow peas, watermelons, strange looking lettuce, spinach, heaps of herbs like, garlic chives, parsley, dill, sage, rosemary... nothing v. exciting though.. i have never tried growing potatoes & mini eggplants sound great, may have to try that! MmMm all of a sudden i want a salad. LOL.

ETA: Whoops i type too slow, Ag ~ I have heaps of friends who work in daycare that would never leave a bub crying by themselves & they have a hard time putting the babies down LOL but everywhere is different, If Scarlet ever goes to daycare i will be thoroughly snooping around the place!
    Last edited by LiddlePixie; December 19th, 2007 at 09:19 AM.

OMG MD, that was horrible. Agree with you, dont ever go back there. That's one of the thing that makes me hesitate of going back to work. At the same time, I need to work to get my 'sanity' back iykwim, and the money of course.
    Hhmm perhaps I need to find more info on FDC ... and put that as another option.

Btw, just borrowed the 100 ways book. Have read a couple of pages and so far it's really good!

ETA
    LP, sounds like you have quite a garden! Now you make me want salad too hahaha I think i'll do the same, snooping around LOL
    Last edited by spring_ag; December 19th, 2007 at 09:23 AM.

LMAO ~ DF just walked in, read my last post & said 'That's not rosemary, It's lavender... it just hasn't bloomed yet'... Lucky, I was going to use it on our roast lamb the other night!

Mmmmm Lavender Lamb !

Agnes, I think you get a strong idea by visiting the centre/carer whether they will be right for you or not. We had one FDC lady that wasn't right & I knew it from the start, but I was desperate for care and couldn't wait. But I knew from the very beginning in my innards that it wasn't quite right and sure enough DD was not happy there. We found another (excellent) carer after that.

CS mummies ~ Are you all fully recovered from the op? I'm so happy with my incision scar, when i look at it i can't believe Scarlet come out of there...It's only 9.5 cms long (i measured) lol.
    I'm stoked with the way it has healed, it looks kind of like a cat scratch & it's fading more every week.

wow it all of a sudden got busy in here!!!
    wish this cold weather would go away i only have 2 warm suits and 2 wondersuits that fit her lol...
    to everyone that asked Asha did settle down and drink more phew!! poor little poppet is just very uncomfortable i think... last night she was so exhausted i put her in bed at 9 and she fell asleep eventually lol i dream fed her at 12 and she drank her whole bottle (i was one relieved mummy at that point!) and then she slept until about quatre to 6 when i brought her in bed with me and she fed again when dp got home at about 7:30 she seems happier this morning so fingers crossed!!
    agnes - if you get a good centre where the carers genuinly like the children and thats what they are there for than yes they will rock them and pat them and whatever it takes to get them to sleep and pick him up whenever he cries you just have to make sure you really trust that the people are there because they really love kids and u can tell by just watching their demenor with the kids... some workers are there but really dnt want to be its horrible but most are great and loving sorry if this adds to your worries i am just saying after working in childcare id go in multiple times some unannounced to check out what i thought of the workers that would be with my child as well as considering fdc its alot more personal hth...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast