Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #13

Hey I finally posted some photos in the gallery.... I will post some more later...

Good night

Leemar, your kids are all cuties. Well done getting a photo of both boys smiling - it is hard enough to get one kid to look and smile.

Fianne, I have never pumped so have no idea how much W drinks. He usually has one side for about 5 minutes if he just wants food, but can stay attached comfort sucking for ages if he is trying to go to sleep. My boobs aren't huge, it seems unlikely to me that there could be 180mL in there for each feed (like the books suggest) but I really have no idea. He seems to be getting enough so I don't worry.

Haley, that must have been so scary. I would probably be as panicked as you. Good to hear you found a good doctor - they are hard to come by these days.

Noni, sorry you had a crap day - I am sure it is a passing phase. Do you think her teethies are hurting?

Cally, good luck with K settling when your friends are over. Is she sleeping better in the night again?

thankfully asha went to sleep in her cot at 9pm like she usually does with a little fuss but no where near as much as we have had all day poor thing must be exhausted.. i know i am it really takes it our of you when they are screaming and the only way to get them to stop is to be cuddling a certain way... atleast i can stop the screaming though thats something!!
    arte - yeah i do think she is having trouble with her teeth she has a really different cry when she is in pain its awful!!!
    leanne those pics are adorable!! cant wait to see more!!!

noni - glad Asha settled for you tonight. Hannah has been quite unsettled lately. Night times aren't that great. She's a real squirmer, starts at one end of the cot, and ends up the other end.
    fianne - hannah feeds for about 15-20 minutes every 3 hours. Have you tried holding a bottle to the breast that you're not feeding off, and catching some of the milk that shoots out? I haven't pumped any this time around, 'cause i just can't seem to find the time.
    leanne - love the photo's
    hayley - poor little Maddie (and poor you!!) hope she gets better real soon
    cally - hope everything goes to plan for dh's birthday dinner.
    we're off to the beach tomorrow for 2 weeks. I've aired out the portacot and bought a padded fitted sheet for it, so Hannah should be nice and comfy in it. Our car is going to be filled to the brim with stuff!!!! We had to buy a cage for the roof racks, so we could fit the pram and the cot!
    dh will be taking his laptop, so i'm hoping i'll still be able to log in and chat to my bb friends

Jazmum - have fun down the beach, hope you don't get blown away!!

Art - no, she's not sleeping better overnight. We've brought forward bedtime (much easier to get her off to sleep now) and am trying a dreamfeed, but I still have to get up twice a night sometimes. It's OK at the moment because DH does morning play time while I go back to bed, but if she's not sleeping well again once he goes back to school I'm going to be a wreck!! She has been having better day sleeps though which is good. Hopefully the night ones will follow.

Well the eclairs are in the oven, K has her Dad Rocks Tshirt on, so now we're just having a relaxing day at home. I thought we could go out for lunch, but it's going to be 30, so we might just hibernate inside!

Leemar - Oh your kids are so precious! Your boys look like a lot of fun.

Noni - Glad that Asha settled down for you! Was it her teeth?

Cally - Dad rocks how cute!!

Jazmum - Lucky you, have a great time at the beach!!

Arte - The Doctor I usually see wasnt working on Friday, so I saw another and he was just as excellent. The surgery we go to is about half an hr's drive from our house, but I go to that one because they are so good and therefore we dont mind travelling.

Well after a day of Maddie having wee leakages, I tried her in the crawlers last night and they are a perfect fit. So we have moved up to crawlers! Now I have heaps of spare huggies infants and snugglers small. Do they do refunds, does anyone know?

Jazmum- I hope you have a wonderful holiday.
    Cally- Wishing you DH a excellent birthday. Yummy I love eclairs.
    Hayley- I dont think you can get a refund but ring them up. How is Maddie this today?

Oh I am getting quite good at the photo thing and put some more on.

Have a great day.

leanne - adorable pictures!!!!!
    haley - are the packets unopened? i know u can swap them at the supermarket if they are.. i am not sure if it was her teeth or just the weather or even both its a mystery lol...
    cally - asha wore a dad rocks jumpsuit on dps birthday hehe.. well done in the eclairs yum..
    jazmum - enjoy the beach!!!!! hope the weather is nice for u!!

arte. how often does W go on for? every 3 hours?
    noni, sounds like asha's back on track for you.
    hayley, glad to hear you're over the scare. i don't know how true, but some of the people at our ante-natal class said that you can exchange them (i guess you might need the receipt) for the size you want? maybe give either coles or woolies a try?
    jaz, milk doesn't shoot out of the "unused" breast...just some drops. think that would show how little the supply is? enjoy the beach. maybe we can catch up for coffee when you're back eh? and in case you don't get online, happy new year!!!
    cally, eclairs...yum! haven't done any baking (or really any cooking either) since max arrived. there was a sale at a kitchen store here and bought a scanpan at 50% off rrp and got myself (finally) a torch....so, have to make creme brulee when i get back.
    leanne, i loovve the photos!!! all 3 are such cuties! just don't know how you cope with having the 3 of them though.
    Last edited by fianne; December 30th, 2007 at 01:11 PM.

fianne - sounds like a good plan. my '2nd breast' doesn't always shoot out milk either. usually only after i haven't fed in a while. Have you asked Barb Glare here on belly belly?
    i can't believe how much stuff we have to take. We're still packing!!!!!!! Hannah is having 20 minute naps, and it's driving me bonkers!! she's soo tired and just won't stay asleep. Little monkey usually wakes with a smile though, so guess that i have be thankful for that
    have a great sunday everyone.

Fianne- I dont know how I cope either sometimes. Some times I want to scream but most times I just laugh.
    Jazmum- Good luck with the packing and I hope Hannah sleeps a bit longer for you.

and am trying a dreamfeed, but I still have to get up twice a night sometimes.
    This is normal at our house, sometimes it's three times, but she settles down pretty quickly afterwards. If not, DH gets up and shooshes her down (he copes better with less sleep than me)! Although we had a TWO HOUR stint last night where someone who's little and pink got up and thought it was play time (!!!) Lucky DH is home and I got a Nanna nap in today.

Fianne, TBH not sure how often we feed, maybe every 2.5 to 4 hours, depending on how long she's slept, etc (usually feed her when she wakes up, ravenous). Usually only give her one boob which she woofs down in record time (10 mins, tops). Sometimes if she's grizzly I top her up later or feed her again before putting her down. Not often though. If I let her suck for too long I end up with an engorged boob which is how I've had (mild) mastitis twice now! Just shows what a difference that extra bit of sucking can make on your supply. HTH Also, whether or not milk shoots out the other supply has no bearing on how much milk you have - it reflects on how the let-down muscles in your breast work (& also how leaky you are or not)!

Arte - really feel for you, missing family at Christmas. I'm missing home more and more and realising how much we want to be back there, how unhappy I've been for a long time here which really should be a good place to live! Thanks to DH's job we're stuck for another year at least, hope to get some good news mid-year though. Hope your house sells in record time for a record price !

Leanne, what cute babies you have! Well done on working out the photo thing. I've gone mad with photos since I worked out how to take my thumb drive to the shop and download them for prints LOL.

Jazmum, enjoy your time at the beach - sounds blissful!

Have had a really restful day today, feel like I've needed it to get my head together again after the frenzy that was December. Mostly did nothing and can proudly claim to still be in my (rather lovely xmas pressie) pyjamas! Sadly though will shortly be heading out for dinner with ILs - would much rather schlep at home for the rest of the night! I feel like I need some downtime to wrap my head around starting another year - need to think about what I want out of 2008, what goals (if any) I will work towards, how I am going to organise my life so that I can move forwards while looking after my little family at the same time. I feel so different now that I have E in my life - my old goals don't seem to 'fit' anymore.

Fianne - W feeds every 2-4 hours, he has no particular pattern and quite often I feed him just to settle him if he is being a bit grumpy. I agree with MD that a squirty unused boob isn't a sign of supply - we seem to be doing fine and I don't even drip from the other boob. I read about other ladies that are like water fountains but the most I have had is a small drip. I only use breast pads because they cover the bra cup when it is folded down and stop the dribbles soaking the cup.

MD, I hope you get to go home soon too. DH and I were in hysterics laughing about how screwed we are when we get back - no house, no job but we will sort ourselves out and it will be worth it. I am also hoping my house sells in record time for a record amount!

Cally, we have been up twice a night for the past couple of weeks too. Until last night when he slept from 8-6.30am. It was fantastic. He throws in an all nighter every once in a while to keep me sane. We aren't up for long at night though, I timed the other night and he is up, fed and back to bed in 14 minutes. I gave up changing his nappy at night because he was hardly ever wet and it woke him up too much.

We went shopping for 3 hours today, W was happy to sit and smile in the pram the whole time. He even let me eat lunch! He is such a good boy to take anywhere. He has suddenly taken a huge interest in DH, every time DH looks away W squeals or grumbles until he looks at him again. I can just imagine him in a year or so yelling 'dad, dad, look at me, dad, DAAAAD!" He will get no peace lol

MD, IKWYM about the goals. This time last year we were planning to sell the house and spend a few months traveling overseas before moving home. It all went up the creek when I realised I was preg but it doesn't seem that important now. The only thing on my mind at the moment is getting home, not sure what I will do next. I am sort of thinking of retraining while I am at home so I can do a different and hopefully more fulfilling job when I go back to work.

Hey everyone,

Im baaaack! We had a ver y nice trip and Logan was great in the car. I think someone may have switched my baby though as I have bought back a demon child lol. Lets hope it doesnt take to long to get settled again.

I hope you all had a great Christmas. Way to many posts to read tonight so I will try and catch up tomorrow (if my demon child allows ).

Welcome back Katie, didn't you leave out a saucer of cream to keep the fairies happy? Must've been them who swapped the babies over LOL! It's probably just another of those lil developmental leaps about to happen, he'll settle down in a few days I'm sure!

Arte - Fantastic idea about the retraining. I went from being an underpaid undervalued employee in medical reception/banking/call centre work, to being well paid and much loved by my work through retraining. In my case, two years at TAFE (library studies) means that I'm now earning two thirds more than I used to. Huge difference in satisfaction levels!

HAPPY NEW YEAR LOVELY LADIES

WHOOHOOO! I'm wearing my fave pair of pre-preg size 8 jeans - They're a little bit tighter than they used to be but i'm just happy they fit over my bum! lol

talk about demon babies, Scarlet has also been acting possessed.. she has screamed & cried more in the last few days then she has all up in the last 3 months, it's been so upsetting & exhausting but she's much happier today. I'm so glad we don't have plans for new years, I'm still recovering from christmas.

Leemar ~ You're pics are lovely, what a beautful family

Hayley ~ How is Maddy now? That must have been pretty scary - We're in crawlers too now. I've also heard that the supermarket will exchange un-opened boxes for larger sizes but i think you'd probably have to have a receipt

Cally ~ Are eclairs difficult to make? They're so yummy but i've never tried making them myself

JaZmum ~ I hope you have a great time at the beach. Are you headed to the sunshine coast? It's very rainy here

MD ~ It sounds like you had a great day yesterday, Lucky you getting a nanna nap.. Good on your DH

Art ~ I'm also going to re-train in the new year as hotel management isn't an option for me anymore & modelling..lol, yeah right!... I just have to figure out what i want to do which is turning out to be alot harder then expected.

Wishing you all the very best for the coming year!

Hayley xx

ROFL about your goals not fitting anymore MD - mine don't either, and neither do my pants
    I think my number one resolution should be to not be such a control freak. Also to do nice things for myself (previous resolutions were all so stern and self-improvy), get back into the PhD, be nicer to DH and exercise as much as I am able to.
    Jaz Missy is doing so well - apart from the screaming fits which escalated yesterday and today (is the Zantac working??), she is great! More smiles (especially for her daddy) and starting to have more purposeful movements.
    oh, she's just woken - got to go; I had waqnted to ask people how they were!! Hope we are all sweetly aslkeep at midnight and that those of us in Vic get the cool change eaerly!
    hugs for Sherie - hope you are going OK.
    xxx
    Last edited by Queenie; December 31st, 2007 at 10:20 AM.

Hi Ladies,

I too want to wish you all a wonderful year ahead.
    Katie- Welcome back.
    Art- I hope your house sells quickly for you and you get a fantastic price too. I was sad to hear you and your DH were so lonley at christmas you should have come to our house. I like your Idea on the retraining.

Well we are not doing anything for New Years apart from having MIL over for BBQ and might invite my brothers too. We are looking after my cousins two boys at they are going out. I will most likley be in bed before 12 anyway.

Have a wonderful day

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast