Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #14

Here I was thinking Queensland always had beautiful warm weather!

Oh no Arte your poor cousin! I hope she falls pregnant soon. Makes you realise how lucky we are doesnt it.

Ladies don't you have clothes horses??? You could always wash all your underwear then hang it on coat hangers, hang the coat hangers on the shower curtain rail or a curtain rail in the spare room. Our grandmas were right, there's no excuse for dirty undies!

LOL - I actually don't have a clothes horse, I always think i should buy one but never do... I have been waiting for the rain to go away but they're right there is no excuse ... going to wash my undies before MD gets me by the ear, lol.

DH always wants to buy a dryer or clothes horse but I keep telling him we live in one of the hottest states in one of the hottest countries in the world in the middle of a drought so we can dry our clothes on the washing line! I guess I am going to have knickers hanging over the back of the chairs tonight though.

You should see our laundry, we hang knickers and jocks over the taps!!

Woo hoo I had a win today. My Infa change caddy broke a couple of weeks ago, so I wrote to them to see what they could do & they just called, I'm getting a new one YAY!

Hayley - yay for the new change table!!

DH proposed to me. He surprised me by calling up and asking me out to dinner when I didn't think he was coming to visit that weekend. Took me to a nice restaurant and gave me a diamond. We then designed the ring and he got it made and then proposed again at the beach after it was made. We had our reception at the same restaurant too which was lovely.

MD - K love her bebepod. There is heaps of space around her legs, she actually leans a bit to the side sometimes because of the room around her bottom.

LP - your paintings are gorgeous!!

K's room used to be the room with the clothes horse because it gets all the afternoon sun. We have an awning on it now and the clothes horse is in the lounge - not a good look when that's at the front of the house. Definitely need one though!!

We're missing a few from belly buddies. Ella, Joasia, Joel's Girl. And Renee's disappeared too - is she just on holidays?

DH and I can get flooded in and might not be able to get to work. Hasn't happened for years with the drought but there was some very heavy rain last year and I was really hoping it would happen.

K is having a lovely time here with grandparents, aunties and uncles. DH and i just went shopping and rushed to be back for her next feed, but she slept another 45 minutes!!

Hope that rain eases up for you Queenslanders!

hi again...
    lp def ask your cafe friend! Maybe you could hold an exhibition opening there? Also are you close to Eumundi Market? there might well be a sunshine coast artists' collective you could join. Man, you're ALMOST inspiring me to drag out my paints & pencils again (need more brain space first! go for it while you can!) How exciting about your wedding, & your engagement story is so cute.
    DH proposed in the car the morning of his graduation: he asked me to get something out of the glovebox and there was a little box containing a beautiful ring he had had made specially. He never formally asked me though as he got all emotional & teary-eyed & forgot his speech LOL! That evening we had dinner with both sets of parents so it was perfect timing. Carrying the ring around all day in secret was a bit nerveracking though! we had just over 100 people at our wedding - it was beautiful. My mum made my dress, which was stunning and looked like a couture garment. We did as much ourselves as possible, to put as much of ourselves into the occasion, and to save money so that what we did spend went towards ensuring our guests had a brilliant time. We still get the "best wedding I've been to" comments, like yours, MD! Makes you feel great, doesn't it!!
    Arte sorry to hear about your cousin - having a close relative like you that she can open up to must be precious to her.
    House fires: scary scary; am going to check the smoke detector tonight. growing up in the bush I had the whole bushfire fear too... have you been clearing at all Sherie?
    Sherie thanks for asking - S is settling much, much better - at present she seems to know when night and day are, and I am getting more confident over the last few days with telling what her cries are. Today I managed to juggle an awake baby with doing 3 loads of washing and emptying the dishwasher, and DH has just arrived home ridiculously early so it seems to be a good day...
    talk to you all later xx

Cally I think the trick with being flooded in is to make sure you have plenty of emergency rations (read: timtams) in the cupboard! I heard the Bebepod's got a bit more leg room than bumbos, where did you get yours?

Oh, ILs have arrived, better go. xxx to Q - good to hear from you!

Hello everyone,

We had Logans needles, they could only give him 2 out of the 3 as QLD Health are on hoildays so nobody has any. Now I have to take him back next week. He didnt cry at all, had a little whinge but that was it. He is such a little toughie.

RE Weddings and proposals. My DH and I had been together about 7 and a half years when he propsed, no special proposal. I was actually giving him grief about how much longer I would have to wait as he proposed lol. We got married in Feb 06 9 years to the day together. So our first wedding aniversary was also a decade together.

We have a clothes horse, I hate that you cant fit much on though. We also hang undies off taps, chairs and door knobs lol. I hate when we get visitors and I have to run around picking up all our undies lmao.

Logan is also grabbing his toys and putting his own dummy in (and out and in lol) sometimes it takes a few goes. He also chats up a storm and looks right at us when he talks, its sooooo cute.

I had better go and check my baking before I burn my kitchen down.

Queenie, that's great you are feeling more confident with yourself. Fingers crossed she doesn't forget the difference between night and day.

Cally, I can't remember if you ever said K is the only grandchild - I bet they dote on her though. Bummer missing out on the extra shopping time

Hayley, that's a great outcome on your change caddy. It never hurts to let them know when somethings not right - they really appreciate the feedback and don't want you to be out of pocket or badmouth them for a dodgy product LOL.

Arte, I have a drier and I use it all the time for socks and jocks etc. With so many of us now I would be forever hanging clothes if I had to do all the underwear too. Its a real godsend, even if we do hardly ever have rain to really need it LOL. But we've had a heap of rain lately, so things are looking good. And your poor cousin, she must be beside herself with worry about her family and grieving herself. Fingers crossed 2008 is a fertile year for her and she finally gets her baby.

Marydean, I have a clothes horse LOL. I use it for the stuff that can't go in the dryer when it's raining, alternatively I get a bit of nylon rope and string it up on the verandah and hang clothes on it.

LP, bless your mums cotton socks LOL. She mustn't want you to go without. Where I grew up had a creek running through the town and the school was on the opposite side of the creek to the majority of the town, so if it flooded we got days off school. One year we had 10 days off in total. We can get flooded in here too, but the water comes and goes pretty quick so it's not that bad.

OK, wedding proposals. We had brought *the ring* about a week before my 21st because the jewellers was having a progressive sale and we got it at 40% off - I know price shouldn't matter in affairs of the heart but no way would I have allowed DH to pay the original price for it. Anyway at my 21st party all the old Aunties and both my Nan's were hanging around for ages past their bedtimes because I think they all thought that DH was going to do it at my party, but he did it when we got back to my flat. And then the next morning we had to race around all the motels where my family were staying to let them all know before they started heading off LOL. The wedding was perfect, we get the 'best wedding I've been to comments too', but it was really nice - not overly flashy, and just enough of the nearest and dearest.

Joels girl (Cindy) hasn't been on since she first came on way back in October, but she and Hamish are doing great - she hangs out on another forum, so I check up on her over there. Renee was on the other night, but didn't post at all. I was worried about her too so I checked up. Mbear still lurks too (I wish you would post and let us know how you are all getting on ) Not srue about Supa - didn't she say she was going away?

awww, how cute!!
    forgot to say - MD - you KNOW that in our house my only excuse for not having any clean undies is when DH's are all dirty too! I had to resort to pinching his again the other day... actually, that's not true. I ALWAYS have an excuse for not having any clean undies.
    We have 2 clotheshorses that live inside or outside depending on the weather. My parents' old clothesdryer is a godsend in wet cold weather though! And I have crackjed the poos time and time again when strugg;linh to shift ful;ly laden clothes horses without letting the furkids escape outside... especially when heavily pregnant. That was a real pain.
    Ooooh, S is cooing away anjd batting at things on her playmat. Clever girl!!
    your wedding sounds lovely too Sherie!
    will text Ella and see how she is...
    Last edited by Queenie; January 3rd, 2008 at 03:58 PM.

Queenie! I love my DH but underwear (and toothbrushes) should never be shared!

Sherie, good to hear Joels girl is doing o.k, I was wondering how she was going. I hope Ella got the BF sorted out.

Ozstar, what a pain that you have to go back for more needles. Logan sounds very brave.

Ok, Ella was last here on 15/12, Joasia 8/10 and SupaB 31/12.

wow talk about alot of posts since i last jumped on!! ok i have to make it quick over the next few weeks until i get my *gasp* glasses!!! lol i went to have an eye test today coz id been feeling a bit funny and it seems i have a pretty bad stigmatism in the left and so the right is perfect but wont be for long without glasses coz its overcompensating lol. they said if i dnt do these eye excersises and get the glasses for reading, pc and tv u will end up with the left sort out of place if that makes sence? u know like wonky or something ahhhhhhh so even though i chose frames that were on special the glasses all up will be $422 because its an expensive perscription dnt see why when one of the lenses is just glass coz the right eye is perfect grrrr...
    anyway Asha is doing well though she screamed the place down when i was getting my eye test spose it looked scary to her!! got my hair done today (before i knew i was needing $422 glasses lol oops with my fave hair dressor who hadnt seen ash yet she was excited and told me even if i am not getting my hair done i should drop buy with her so she can play with her haha...
    hope thos girls who havnt been on for a while are just too busy enjoying life to post!!!
    hi everyone else sorry about the lack of personals just wanted to jump on and let u all know if i am not on too much u know its for fear of wonky eye and nothing else haha

MD - I got the bebepod over the web - Bambini Pronto. I got the plus with the tray so we can use it for eating as well.

K has got a bit of cradle cap. So we have been lathering her head up with vaseline to try and get rid of it. Hope it works. Not bad yet, but I don't want it to have the chance to get bad.

Sherie - K is the only grandchild on my side of the family - DH has a 7 year old nephew. My sister is 31 weeks pregnant though. She and I are hitting the baby shops tomorrow.

Glad that Cindy is good - hope the rest of you that are reading but not posting are enjoying your little ones!!

Awfully quiet in here today.
    Last edited by Cally; January 4th, 2008 at 01:42 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Cally - Oh how exciting, not long to go now for your sister! Ooh I love baby shopping. I've also heard olive oil is good for cradle cap.

Noni - Oh no wonky eye, that doesnt sound too good. Lucky you getting your hair done.

Arte - So funny, I wouldnt be sharing undies and toothbrushes either, especially not with my DP!

Queenie - Its fun when they start batting at their toys instead of just looking isnt it? Before you know you will take your eyes away for a minute and she will be making her way off the play mat hehe.

Sherie - Aww your proposal was nice too! Oh no can just imagine all the nanna's waiting around.

Katie - Logan is such a brave boy! Shame they couldnt get it all over and done with, but by the sounds of it next time is going to be easy peasy for him. Had a laugh about you running around collecting everyones undies off the door handles! We have given up now, all our family and friends know we do it and they dont seem to care.

Marydean - Are the inlaws staying again? Or just visiting?

Madeline had a really good sleep today, which gave me the chance to do one of those birth montage thingos. I posted the link into the sticky for them in the labour & birth section. Wouldnt have a clue how to post a link in here to that section and even if I'm allowed?! Check it out if you want to!

Hayley I just checked out your montage, absolutley beautiful. I will have to edit mine and upload it.

Cally how exciting for your sister. I have also heard Olive Oil is great for craddle cap.

Noni lmao at wonky eye. Hope it doesnt take to long for your eye to be corrected.

Well Logan has been sooooooo unsettled today. When I fed him at 3.30am I noticed he was really warm but was still happy so I didnt take his temp. Took at 7.30am when he was getting grizzly and wouldnt eat and it was 39. Gave him a dose of panadol and it seemed to do the trick. He has been supa clingy and sooky today. Poor little man, I hope he isnt like this after next weeks needle. He hasnt slept much today so I am hoping that I can dreamfeed him before I go to bed and see if I can have a little sleep in.

I am so over this rain, DH has to start back at work on Monday and we didnt get to do anything this week. I made him some home made pasta tonight to cheer him up.

lol the eye isnt wonky yet it just has the potential to go wonky lol with excersises and glasses for reading/comp/tv it wont go wonky hehe...
    ashas been a litte monster last night and today idk what it is shes just crying and crying i am pretty clueless wish she could tell me coz theres so many things it could be!!!
    katie - wow 39 hope he is ok now. well done on home made pasta!!
    haley - will have to check out ur montage when i am finished the post
    cally - i also heard that baby oil is good for cradle cap too
    anyways better keep it short sending everyone sleepy baby vibes

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast