Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #16

Maddie wasnt breathing well when she came out and its just horrible watching them gasp for air, so i just burst into tears when they told me Spencer was doing the same
    Hugs Hayley. I flipped out in the movie Knocked Up cos there was a scene where the bubs heartrate started to bottom out and it all came flooding back! The important thing is he's ok now, it's very happy news that you're an AUNTIE!

Noni so sorry to hear about your DP's job - it's a good time of year though for finding new jobs so hopefully he finds something even better soon!

Sherie - Woohoo for the nick and stitch! My DH is booked in March (Feb would've been the day before our little roadtrip, might get tricky if there were "complications"). On the same topic, awfully glad I didn't go on the pill, I was rummaging around in his drawer yesterday and we haven't even got thru a whole condom packet since E was born Might have to attend to my wifely duties more dutifully I think ROFL!

Oh gee I hope E lasts in her 00s for a while longer yet (the Pumpkin patch stuff has plenty of room in it) cos I just bought a heap on ebay!

LP, I'm not really sure about what the dr said - does it sound right to you?? With BFed bubs drs have a history of handing out dodgy advice re feeding (apparently they get a one hour lecture on it in their entire how many years of training) so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the same all round. Perhaps chat to a few of the MCHNs and see what they say.

Leanne, I'm dead jealous of your trip to Melb, sounds like you are living the high life!

Miss E has been sleeping really well at night, two nights in a row we've only had one get up, and she's dropped the last feed before our bedtime too. Gee I hope that lasts!

Seems S's needles didn't go as well as i thought, She's a bit off today.. very sleepy as she was last time but she has a temp too, I've given her panadol & put her back to bed but if she's still hot when she wakes we're going to the doctor, She's also a bit spotty.

:hugs: Noni,That sucks! I hope your DP gets an even better job & things are okay for you guys until then! Hey you're awesome at all that tie-dying stuff, you should sell some on ebay for some extra cash - can't half tell i'm addicted to ebay .

MD ~ I called the surgery this morning & my GP is going to call me back in her lunch break to have a chat about it... I trust everything she says as she has 4 boys of her own & the youngest is only 12mths.. I might have misunderstood her, I tend to do that when i'm half asleep..lol... I'm also going to see a CHN & see what they can tell me, then i suppose i'll just decide what to do from instinct - It hasn't let me down so far.

YAY about E sleeping well, It's great! I hope you have some lovely sleep in the next few weeks!

MD- Congrats on E sleeping so well.

Yeah, it sure beats feeding her up to four times overnight!!!

LP good to hear you can get some clarification. Always go with what feels right for you.

ETA - Sharon 19270 asked to be remembered to all the old Sept belly buddies! She's well into her last trimester and struggling with the summer heat!
    Last edited by AnyDream; January 18th, 2008 at 10:07 AM.

hello ladies! hope the 2 meeting up at the gold coast have a great day today.
    well, i've been having horrible nights/evenings. got her royal highness to sleep on her own again once yesterday. yehey! win! but then, after waking at around 5:45, a catnap on the bb at about 7:30, she didn't go to bed until after 10!!! and she's also been waking up early 5:30(?) and screaming whilst asleep and needs to be rocked. *sigh....one really tired mumma here. oh, and the other night, she decided it was awake time at 3 in the morning. dp tried to put her to sleep but she was just awake. finally put her on the bb lying down and we both fell asleep.
    congratulations on the new family member auntie hayley! lucky maddie having a cousin close in age. the youngest cousin max has is already 7 this year. am relying on close friends to have babies so she'll have playmates.
    lp, as you said, your instinct hasn't let you down so far. and good to see a chn. although i've sort of found a gp that i liked well enough, i prefer to take max to the community health centre for her shots coz' i figure that those nurses give them to hundreds of babies monthly and would be more proficient at it. same thing with check-ups, the chn would be more familiar with kids and be more current w/ child health issues since that's their specialty whereas gp's have just general knowledge.
    hair...yep, losing it. debating whther to keep it short or start growing it so i can tie it back...prventing max from pulling on it.
    poo....2x a day usually.
    clothes, max is still in 000s. some are a bit tight but most are still ok. also have some smaller 00s that we're already wearing. she's about 6Kg now and maybe 62-63cm in length. will have 'official' stats when she goes for 4 mo. check.
    well, hope everyone has a great day!

good morning everyone
    hayley - congratulations on becoming an aunty. I like the name Spencer. Your poor sil. It must be scary when that happens. I was just about in tears for her (and you) when i read your post.
    md - fantastic news that Miss E is sleeping well for you.
    lp - i hope Scarlet is ok. Hannah had her needles yesterday afternoon, and she has a mild temp this morning too. Not sure if it's from the needles, as Jess has been sick with high temps and vomiting.
    fianne - that's great that Max is still settling herself. Hannah has days where she is happy for me to put her in her cot awake, and others when she cries if i leave her.

My GP yesterday said that Hannah was a little underweight according the graph in her book. I don't know how she can be, as she feeds every 3 hours and i'm pretty sure she gets plenty of milk. She weighed 6kg and was 61.5 cm long. It got me a little worried, but she has chubby little legs and a double chin. GP said that it would be ok to start her on solids now, so this morning she tried some rice cereal. She seemed to enjoy the first taste, and kicked her legs when she saw the spoon coming again, but she screwed her face up when it went in.lol. Will see if she gets excited tomorrow.

jazmum - Asha is only 6.4kgs and 62 1/2 and there was no talk of her being underweight? i think its about the line they follow in their book as they grow shes probably just due for a growth spurt, wouldnt worry about it.. thats cute re the rice cereal Asha starts kicking her legs and getting excited when she sees me with a spoon n little pot of food lol
    fianne - hope you catch up on your sleep soon
    md - yay E!!! hope she keeps it up for u!!
    lp - hope s feels better soon! glad u called your gp back hope she clears things up for you

Okay, spoke to GP.. She apoligised for confusing me ... She had only just got back from holidays, Thats why the surgery was so busy.. anyway..
    She said i should start Scarlet on solids, give her tastes, because she's way over double her birthweight & has a toothy-peg that has just cut through (i didn't even notice! but i checked & she does have a little bit of it that has cut through! can't believe how good she's been, hope the rest of teething if this easy, lol) & i should give her 2 bottles of water a day after we're established on 2 serves of solids per day (which she says will take 2 weeks) the water is to replace one formula feed to even out the calories from the solids so she doesn't put on too much weight. She emailed me a program to use that goes in 2 weekly intervals just to use as a guide because i told her solids are scary LOL

weeks 1 & 2 goes;
    early AM bottle
    AM bottle
    Lunchtime; half of lunch bottle, solids (teaspoon or two), other half of bottle.
    PM bottle
    Late PM bottle

Weeks 3 & 4;
    Drinks of water through out the day.
    AM bottle
    Lunch bottle, half, solids (2 courses, same type as above plus new taste), other half.
    PM bottle
    late PM bottle

And so on...

so it's pretty slow & steady.

Does that sound right experienced mummies?

(sorry this post is so big & confusing, i'm really not sure about all of it)

hey lp - good that she talked to you over the phone - that's a dedicated gp . slow and steady is good, but still not sure why she needs to replace the milk with food. Did she say that the milk has more calories? I guess go with what you feel comfortable with, and in the end, your GP isn't going to ask you to do anything that will harm Scarlet
    noni - Hannah is almost 5 months old, so almost a month older than Asha, but still smaller!! lol.

hi - superquick post to say CONGRATS LP on your course!!! That is just fantastic news; I am so stoked for you.
    oh, and yay for miss e sleeping through MD huzzah!

My GP yesterday said that Hannah was a little underweight according the graph in her book.
    Jazmum Guess what those graphs are based on bottlefeeding not breastfeeding babies. You can download the breastfed baby charts from the WHO organization website - bet she doesn't look underweight then! Bfed babies tend to grow in spurts, they chub up then have a length spurt and get longer and thinner, then they chub up again. If you're happy that she's feeding well and thriving I wouldn't worry about it. I was told several times that H was "underweight" when actually she was just tall and lean, I stopped going to the MCHN cos it was undermining my confidence.

LP Wow I think that's officially the first Toothy Peg in the thread??? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong). Maybe post in the other threads so some other mums who've had a similar situation can comment about the feeding and solids?

LP - yay for the first tooth, that happened really easily didn't it! lol at you not even noticing!

Fianne - sorry about Max having sleeping issues. Hope you get the chance to catch up today.

Hayley - that's great about a new little cousin. We've got one coming in 7 weeks!!

MD - yay for E sleeping better at night. Fingers crossed she keeps that going, will give you and DH a chance to finish off that packet!

Noni - hope DP finds another job soon.

K went down pretty easily last night considering how tired she was. I just sat in with her for a while and let her suck on my hands.

jazmum ohhhhh lol shes older haha stupid me

Will do MD, copy & paste is fantastic!

Hm, It's more like a tiny itsy bitsy corner piece of a tooth.. lol.. does that count?

hehe, I forgot H was born in august too - Just had a flash back to when JazMum was anxiously waiting for everyone to join baby buddies!

it sure is weird seeing the belly buddies for sept 08 - wow!! i also look at preg women all the time and feel all gooey about it. just like i used to look at women with prams with gorgeous bubs when i was preg. we are all part of such a special club ladies.
    Jazmum - i wouldnt worry too much about Hannah's weight - averages are just averages! that said if it was N i am sure i would worry LOL! at least she gave you some practical ideas. were your other girls small at this age?
    LP - good GP you have there, such service! congrats on the course.
    MD - so glad E is sleeping better...I bet you feel great today!
    Sherie - Noah cant get enough of himself in the mirror LOL!!! I guess as you said to me about the rolling they all do things at diff times...
    Noni - sorry to hear about your DP job - he doesnt have a lot of luck on that front does he. As much as you are anxious i hope you do get to visit your friend - you must really miss her.
    Hi to everyone else!!!

well N is changing at the moment... he has woken up every night this week for a feed in the middle of the night... at diff times 11.30, 12.30, 4am, 1am... i know i know this isnt bad as it is once only but he has been sleeping through sincehe was about 7 or 8 weeks so it is odd for him. he also needs quite often a 3rd side to get to sleep... ading all this together, and his weight (7.35kg) and the fact he has tooth buds (but no cutting through yet) I am wondering should i be introducing some solids? I dont want to start him too late but i cant see him not needing them til 6 months.. what do you all think? he is a big boy - still feeding the same amt during day (he would have 5 or sometimes 6 feeds b/n 6am and 8pm and has now added this other one)

Also wanted to ask if ppl have been buying car seats? we have to do this this weekend as N is nearly too big for his capsule... (another thing that weas meant to be 6 months ha ha!!) - am looking at safe n sound maxirider and also turn a tot. anyone opinions???

Hayley - Congratulations!!! Hope your SIL & baby Spencer are both doing well now. Love the name too!

Whoooaa LP Congrats on Scarlets first tooth cutting through! I hope Rory's come through as easy as hers...IM DREADING IT!

JaZmum - OooOO you have inspired me to put Rory on solids

Marydean - I hope Rory is just tall and lean too, I really hope he isn’t underweight. 6 & 1/2 Kgs and he is one of the oldest in the group..... He is almost the same weight as Fianne's Max but he is a month older! I feel the same way about the MCHN, mine doesn’t seem to know what she is doing.
    Fingers crossed E keeps up her sleeping through the night pattern

Noni - Feeling any better about the flight??? Hope you’re doing okay xoxo.

Rory woke up at 5:00am this morning Arghhhhh! I had trouble getting him back down but I suspect that’s because DH got up to him first. DH has a habit of turning the bedroom light on instead of the lamp and looking at him and telling him to go to sleep which just makes him think its play time. When I go into him I dont look into his eyes, I turn on the soft lamp and don’t talk to him. Gawd I sound mean don’t I

Whoohooo we have got a lovely package for our holiday to Phuket. We are staying at the Bursari, a nice little boutique hotel. I don’t like these really big popular hotels. Plus it’s going to be our belated honeymoon so we need something private and romantic hehe. Now I just need to sort out my passport, its still in my maiden name!

hi pregpan - i'll have to go and compare the older girls charts - although Jess was a real chubba bubba
    Is Noah putting everything in his mouth and watch you as you eat? Perhaps his waking in the middle of the night is an indication that he is ready for some solids. You could try them, if you want, or just continue to feed him when he wakes.
    I haven't looked at a carseat yet. We had the maxirider for the girls when they went from the capsule, but i think it's changed since then. (is it the one with the arm rests on the sides?) Zoe still uses hers now.
    Hannah will probably need to stay in her capsule a little longer than the 6 months, depending on how much weight she puts on between now and then.
    renee - lucky you. sounds beautiful. My dh will be so jealous. He has been wanting to take me somewhere like that for ages, but I'm a bit of a homebody -especially since having the girls. (don't i sound like a bore LOL )
    Last edited by Patooties; January 18th, 2008 at 02:26 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast