Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #21

Sorry no personals though I do love catching up and seeing what everyone else is doing.

Mackenzie rolled from tummy to back about 6 times since Saturday - yeah!! Very cute cause she grunts and groans while doing it! So much effort! She is still "teething" if there is such a thing!! Sleep has been very inconsistent - good some nighs terrible others. Oh well - keep plugging away.

Only 3 weeks till we start solids - anyone else starting for first time soon? What high chairs are you using?

Will try to keep in touch more so I don't miss what's happening!

Ugh, sleep is impossible eh! Aurelia has been a dodgy sleeper for the last 8 weeks or so, before that she was an angel!
    I've just started Aurelia on rice cereal, I figure the 2 weeks doesn't matter that much, and she seems so eager. After all, the age recommendation is about how they assume a baby has developed, not about the number itself, and they all develop at a different rate iykwim? She doesn't have the tongue-thrust reflex anymore so I figure that means she's ready.
    Haven't bought a high chair yet though! I've been feeding her in her pram, or on my lap. My folks keep talking about these high-chairs that hang off the table, aparently they saw them everywhere in Europe . . . but I just can't picture it

Has anyones bubs cut their first tooth yet? One of Aurelia's bottom popped through at the beginning of last week. Now when she nibbles my hand in the bath, it hurts!

Jordie, yay on the rolling!
    He used to roll all the time (the ladies in mums group even call him the rolling master lol) but in the past week he didnt seem to want to do it ...
    We're going to start solid in about the same time as you, when he turns 6 months.
    Dont have high chair, just a booster chair.
    One of the lovely ladies here suggesting to use their rocker until they can sit up straight.

ETA
    Baby Socks, posting at the same time. What a coincidence I just saw the hanging high chair yesterday, we went out for lunch and the restaurant has it. I dont know how to describe it but the two arms are sort of hanging on the table iykwim. We put our friends' 3yo on the chair and she was quite comfy.
    Yay on the tooth! Ikwym it hurts, W has 2 teeth, when the second one appeared he kept biting on my nipple ouchie

Yeah I am not quite sure what to do with the sleep. Hope it's just a phase for all of us. He's awake more and seemed to be hungrier during the night, I wonder if giving solids would help?
    Last edited by spring_ag; February 25th, 2008 at 11:42 AM.

Last night was better - she woke twice and I sat with her for 10 minutes or so after the feed to make sure she went back to sleep.

I think K is getting close to rolling from her back to her tummy. Hopefully she does it when her daddy is home to see it for the first time.

We don't have a high chair, will use either the bebepod or her rocker. I've seen the hanging high chairs, I would be worried I wouldn't be able to do them up tight enough on the table edge and it would fall. She has lost the tongue thrust reflex too, but I am waiting a little bit longer before starting solids. Don't like making more work for myself!

Jazmum - I have the Rafferty's rice cereal, that is made of brown rice and would be easier to cook than your other stuff if it is suitable. Can I ask why you took Hannah to the chiropractor?

I bought some of the Rafferty's fruit puree last week and I noticed this morning that one of them has puffed up heaps like the fruit is fermenting inside. It doesn't expire until September or so, I think I will take it back to Coles tomorrow.

Sherie - my BIL told my sister she wasn't allowed to sing to their new baby, she's pretty bad at it!

Jordie - yay for rolling!!

BabySocks - hope the cereal makes a difference with the sleeping for you.

hi all
    cally - does the rafferty's have added iron? the chiropractor told me not to give hannah the ones with added iron. I took her to see the C because she was waking with wind pains throughout the night - he felt around and said that she is quite tight and inflamed inside. (not sure of the names of all the parts lol ) Will probably visit him weekly for about one month. she slept through last night - from 9:30 until 4:45 am. So i was incredibly happy.
    will be back for more personals after i make the girls some lunch - Jess is home from school with a sore ear.

Hope Jess gets better soon. Yes, the Rafferty's has added iron. Oh well.

I like the idea about using bouncer for awhile! I'm not sure how Mackenzie will take to food - she realyl doesn't watch us too much and I've tried to give her water on spoon but she just shut up shop!!
    Don't you love how babies do one thing and thhen stop for awhile - frustrating isn't it!!

Hi Girls,

Well I finally got some sleep last night and I went to the doctor this morning as my eyes are red and stinging and I could hardly see out of one of them. Any way Dr told me I have sinus and flu and it has gone into my eyes. now I am on antibiotics and have eye drops and cream so Hope to be on the mend soon.

Hello to all will catch up with you all soon.

Leanne - glad you got some sleep, hope the eyes clear up soon, doesn't sound very nice.

Jordie - they work out how to do one thing and then are so focussed on the next one that the first thing flies out the window.

evening ladies!!
    just had a major blonde moment and washed our spare carseats cover (my cousins old seat hes in a booster now) in the washing machine with the instructions still inside and now there is bits of paper everywhere!!! ughhhh how annoying!!!
    we feed Asha in her bouncer no room for a high chair really atm
    leanne - glad you got some sleep bummer about the eyes hope u get better soon!

Leanne, hope you are feeling better soon.

Highchairs, we just use the bouncer or I sit him on the couch (will use the Bumbo when we get our stuff). DHs dad is supposed to be refinishing the highchair that DH used as a baby but I don't think they are that necessary so I don't mind if it doesn't get done. You can get some that strap on to a dining chair too.

Aglinra, had to re-read your post, when you said you ate mushroom I thought it was one of your DH parents dogs lol

Cally, I get my hair pulled all the time too. I swear his first words will be "Ta for mummies hair"

Katie, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Hope you did something good, I am going to have to live vicariously because DH is in a different town and we didn't do anything.

The bickering seems to have ended, I think we needed a stress relief. We do need to find a better way though.

W has found his doodle. Every time I change his nappy he is either wriggling and rolling away or lying nicely but playing with himself.

I am heading up to my new town tomorrow, not sure how often I will be able to get online as we can't get our computer before friday. Hope everyone has a good week.

agnes, belated happy birthday! sounds like an ideal bday celebration to me.
    happy anniversary to katie and artechim!
    not sure what posts i've replied to and what i've missed, so if i've said some of the things before, please excuse me. just so hard to catch up. and because i think of what i'd like to say as i read, i sometimes think i've already replied.
    arte, glad to hear you're settling in. never too hard when mum and dad are there to go home to eh?
    md, hope you don't mind, but i've been sharing your quotes to mums from my ante-natal group. really appreciate them. gives a better understanding of what's happening.
    tooth...teeth....max had front right centre "showed up" last tuesday. or at least that's when i noticed it. and on wednesday was when i thought to run a finger over it and, yup, confirmed it was there. and today, i've felt the second tooth. someone was talking about teeth moving and going back down...if i can feel the sharp teeth now, could it still be false alarm and will go away? it's so exciting but at the same time sad coz' it's another stage that we're going over.
    leanne, glad to hear you finally got some sleep. hope you get over the flu soon.
    jordiec, hurray for mackenzie rolling.
    not on solids yet and don't plan to get on it until we get back from holidays in april. she'll be 6 months then but we're not waiting for her to turn 6 but just not wanting to change things right now before a 3-week long holiday.
    as for high chairs, we don't have one yet but will be getting one from ikea as it's highly recommended by a lot of people. think they're only under $50 and as a friend who is on her third said, it's the best as it's the easiest to clean and you don't really need all the fancy shmancy stuff on the other expensive ones. saw one at one of my mother's groups house and she had an inflatable insert for it since her bubs is just about 4.5 mos old and already seats her in it.
    oh, just did the "time to eat" session at the health centre today. it was pretty informative for a first time mum w/o family in the immediate vicinity. we were given sheets on what can be introduced at each stage (6/8/9/12 mos) and what "consistency" the food should be at each stage. and when you can give her dairy at 9 mos like yoghurt, you need to give them full cream as the low fat ones usually have added sugar to make them taste better. there were some other stuff that i found quite informative so if you have these sessions in your area, would highly recommend going to them....but in saying that, some mums in mother's group went last week and the chn who did it was not informative and a bit judgemental of those who were giving solids to their bubs already who were under 6 mos. guess luck of the draw on who was conducting it. oh, another suggestion was to start them on less sweet stuff like vegetables rather than fruits coz' having a taste for the sweetness might give them a sweet tooth.
    jazmum, hope jess feels better soon.
    not safe to use her bouncer unsupervised these days as she's gotten into the habit of bending over the side to inspect the floor. even on the bumbo. she tends to try to reach for the floor. hmmm....that's a thought with high chairs...they're higher off the ground and would be more painful if she falls off. hopefully she gets over this fascination with the floor by the time we get her on the high chair.
    was meaning to reply to all the other posts but as it is, it's already taken me 2 hours to do this one so will just say sorry to everyone i missed. hope you have telepathy and read my response in my mind.

ETA: arte, good luck in settling into your new town.
    Last edited by fianne; February 25th, 2008 at 08:42 PM.

LOL I think I made that mistake Fianne! Rory turns his nose up at veggies after giving him so much fruit to start off with.

try adding in something a lil sweeter like corn asha wouldnt eat sweet potato then i added corn... though i suppose itd be better to persevere then cater to their sweet tooth idk lol

p.s. on the feeding info for qld'ers...chn today also said that most of the information she was giving us can be found in the little yellow book that we're given before leaving the hospital.

Hi Girls,

Woohoo I got some more sleep last night and I am on a roll.... Eyes are getting better too.

High chair- I bought primapappa ones for the boys and it was money well spent. I have put Olivia in hers since about 5 weeks old as they recline back. I push it around the house whereever I am as I did with the boys. I know they are a bit expensive but for it was money well spent especially when I had the boys. Because when I had the boys I bought 2 I have at home and now 1 at mums.

Olivia is now in her walker and she is actually moving around it like going forward and backward. I can not believe my bubba is 6 months old on friday. Time sure does go quick. I also have started to give Olivia ruskies to chew on and when we have lamb cutlets I give her the bone to chew on and she loves it. I think she must think she is having dinner with all of us now. Any how I better go as I am at work today and must do some work.

Hello to all and have a wonderful day.

morning everyone
    Hayley - how is Madeline going today? Did you manage to find a humidifier?
    Renee - dh's grandma only lives about 40minutes away, so i imagine we will go over and see her this weekend.
    Sherie - the clinic nurse mentioned Bowen therapy the other day - i hadn't heard of it before that, but might look into it a bit more. Wonderful that you got to play leggos - i love building with leggo - i find it relaxing
    Agnes - with the brown rice, i've just been boiling it for 3 minutes and then simmering for a further 3 minutes and it seems to thicken up nicely.
    Baby Socks - i've had one of the chairs that hang off the table. The only problem is that they don't fit all tables. The booster chairs that you can put on your dining chairs are good because they come with a tray - that keeps them in nice and securely.
    Leanne - i hope you're feeling better today
    Arte - hope you settle nicely into your new town - and also hope that things are much better for you and your dh.
    Fianne - glad the food session went well -sounds like your very informed now. Hannah is the same as Max with the bouncer. Even when she is done up securely she still manages to find a way to reach the floor. lol.
    I've been feeding Hannah in her bebepod - i also use a little plastic table that i bought for Zoe - it's like a 'breakfast in bed' table that is the perfect height for the bebepod. It's also good for putting toys on too.
    Well i think i overfed Hannah yesterday - she was awake alot through the night. I shouldn't have given her the apples for lunch - and just left it too cereal for brekky and pumpkin for dinner. Oh well, we learn from our mistakes don't we lol.

hello hello
    guess who spotted a tupperware stall in the shopping centre and scored those ice cube trays with lids??? bloody expensive though!
    Ashas doing really well with the cereal in the mornings, i found another flavour in the supermarket today of rafertys, banana porridge its called think though tmw we will do pureed fruit, maybe some blueberrys yummm for 4 days and then cereal then fruit etc etc coz shes been having cereal for 4 days now i dnt want her to get bored with it...
    i was in the food court today eating my lunch and Asha was squeeling at me as i ate staring at me watching every bite and reaching out lol even if it was deli choices i wasnt going to give her maccas lol she relly is into this whole food thing!
    jazmum - how long did it take you to increase from one meal to two with H?
    leanne - hooray for sleep!!!
    renee and fianne - i saw raffertys packets that have fruit mixed with vegeies maybe that would be a way to introduce him to it then slowly take out the fruit?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast