Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #21

noni - you should let asha have a go in the bath - i bet she'll love it!!
    well done at losing more weight. bummer that you and your dp are fighting.

seems to be becoming a common thing dp and i fighting.. poor thing had to make his own lunch this morning how will he survive lmao!!
    i do take asha in the bath with me just not by herself yet might give it a go

Noni - Whooaaa Noni you are going so well with your weight loss. Sorry you and Dp are fighting. Dh and I have been fighting lots lately too. We had a huge blue last night, so dont worry, your not the only one.
    Rory loves his bath time in the big bath now As soon as I take his clothes off he starts giggling and kicking. I need to get a non-slip mat because he wiggles his bum and slides from one end to the other. I think he was a dolphin in a past life.

Hi Girls,

Well things are getting better. Sleeping a bit more and the eyes are getting better. We have parent teacher meeting tonight at the boys daycare so I am pretty excited to go. I asked the boys this morning did they have anything to tell me before we went to speak to there teacher. Yeah like they knew what I was on about. I was laughing to myself. Olivia starts swimming next tuesday which will be DH birthday so he is coming home early to take her. The boys lessons are straight after hers which works out quite well.

Noni- Congrats on your weight loss. I have not been to ww for 3 wks now. Dont worry too much about the fighting with DP it happens to all of us.

Renee- Congrats on your win. love the pics.

Sherie- Glad you had fun at the wiggles. I want to take the boys this year.

Hello to everyone

Leanne - I want to take K to swimming next term but can't find anywhere close by. I know somewhere 40 minutes away.... ah the trouble with living in the country!

MD - How long is E staying up these days? We generally get about 2 - 2.5 hours out of her, if we are out she does last a lot longer, I suppose because there are more things to look at.

Noni - well done on the weight loss.

Hayley - that sounds like a bargain on the grobags, will have to have a look.

Pregpan - how did your FDC interview go?

Renee - that's great that Rory is almost average weight. K is spot on the 50% curve.

Jaz - that's a great idea about letting her kick in the bath. Will give that a shot tonight.

K has started being able to sit by herself for a while. On the weekend she kept falling over, but now she can do it for more than 5 minutes! And she's getting close to rolling....

Cally - Just after I posted I checked bloomandgrow and I think their sale is over.
    I bought mine on Sunday and havent had the chance to get on since to let everyone know. Sorrry!!!!

Noni - Definately give Asha a go in the bath, they love it!! Its so cute. Well done on the weight loss, I am currently devouring a box of roses chocolates. Cant help myself! Would hate to weigh myself these days lol. All couples have their fights, its normal.

Leanne - Swimming lessons sound great fun, I've been meaning to fit them in somewhere for Maddie but we are always so flat out. I got a baby swim suit today at target for $10.00 and its gorgeous. I wanted little bikini's (for indoor swimming of course) but they had none. Perfect that the boys are straight after.

Renee - LMAO a dolphin, aww!

Leanne - glad you had a better nights sleep. Hope you enjoy your evening with the boys teacher
    cally - clever Katie being able to sit up. Hannah has done it a couple of times too - when Zoe has plopped her up and then let go!!! Zoe loves picking Hannah up and walking her around - just like a puppet - and she just loves it. (i'm always stopping their fun though)
    noni- my dh and i get narky at each other quite regularly. It's only normal - life would be too stressful if we bottled up our feelings all of the time.
    Hayley- plenty of time for extra curricular activities - you've got plenty on your plate. You could start her swimming lessons at bath time anyway

hi everyone!
    noni well done on the weightloss - you're doing so well! i am v jealous!
    leeann - glad the eyes are better and you are getting some sleep.i really admire you i dont know how you get everything done w all three of them. same to jaz, sherie and md! hats off to u all ladies
    went to mum and bub session at movies today - so great!!! will def be doing that more often.
    i postponed the fdc interview as i want dh t come with me. int with the nanny went well last night - tho it was bedtime for N and so he started crying when she heldhim.. and i could tell she felt bad! i didnt mind though... and she handled it well.
    what is this bath thing they like? i only shower N but he is getting a bit heavy for that now!! dh is away for 10 das from sat so i will struggle w the showering i think. am going to melb though so i will have some help w him.
    v disrupted sleep here lately - little man seems to want 2 onight feeds... hmmmm... i hope this is just a stage!
    where is queenie????

Cally, E usually stays up for between 2-3 hours, depending on how intensively she has been 'entertained' in that time. She's always exhausted for her first morning sleep because H plays with her when she's all giggly in the mornings and it wears her out! It's a bummer because I'd like to be able to drop H off to school then run any errands/go to the shops etc before coming home and putting her down to sleep but it's a bit of a disaster...I have to bring her home then go out again later in the morning. Also clashes a bit with most group activities that all start around 9.30-10.00. That's pretty amazing of K to be sitting like that already!

Hayley the study plan (that is teetering on disaster already LOL) is to put in a couple of nights after the kids are all in bed plus a bit of reading throughout the week when E is sleeping (daytime) plus the odd weekend afternoon when DH is home. However this has already been thrown out by deadlines for my other project work so for the last week I've been doing that instead. God I feel exhausted just thinking about it all. I feel a bit overcommited right now but I think it will be a better balance once my project is finished. For me it's really important to still plan family time and stick to that no matter what else is happening.

Fianne I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for your settling trick!

Well remind me to tell you all one day about what it's like trying to do research at the National Library (silent reading room) with a grumpy baby in tow. All I can say the acoustics are splendid there and E's high pitched squealing reverberated magnificently for the benefit of all the listeners! Lucky I had a boob handy Actually she was pretty good (minus a few seconds of squealing) except it took 4 times longer than usual to get my stuff. I'm exhausted now by what would have been (without a baby) an easy half hour.

Hello to everyone else! I've been reading but not digesting - but I just wanted to say (yet again) how you all wonderful women each and everyone help keep me sane. xxx

hello hello
    just popped on to say i bought asha a bath seat n some bath toys today n she had a great time in the bath with them even though we had to wake her to bath her.. i knw i knw dumb right? but shed vomited on herself all day long n it was getting late.. luckily shes fine n it went well

hi everyone!

noni, congratulations on your weight loss. you should really be proud of yourself for consistently losing weight. and i personally think that it's good that you're losing a little at a time coz' you're supposed to be able to keep the weight off better that way than when you lose it too fast. spats with dp....have had quite a bit of those too. some things are just so infuriating and being tired after a full day with only kiddie conversation, patience just dwindles to nothing.

would just love to try max in the bath but we don't have one! we've been bathing her in her baby bath and we got the biggest one that we could find so that should be ok for a while.

on the other hand, we had our first dip in the pool last weekend. since last weekend was the only "summer day" we've had in brisbane. she enjoyed being in the pool. that was, until i accidentally got water in her mouth. oops! that got screams. will be adding a picture of her in the pool on my gallery after posting.

cally, babies really just develop differently. max is rolling but not sitting. katie's sitting but not rolling. good job katie!

hayley, sounds like a full plate. i do admire everyone (specially those who are back at work and/or has more than 1 bub) for being able to multi-task. am quite ashamed to admit that all i'm able to do is care for max. the house is not the cleanest (still considering getting a cleaner 1x a fortnight), dp sometimes ends up having to iron his work clothes, i plan dinner and dp prepares/cooks it (this is because of timing...i'm usually feeding max at around the time dinner should be prepared).

pregpan, went to mums n bubs movie too! max started crying with the loud sound and darkness but after a few minutes, she relaxed. actually sat through the first 15 mins (at least) watching the movie on my lap.

jazmum, when are we going for coffee?

renee, cute pics of rory.

sorry for anyone i missed. am sending this off before i lose it.

ok i feel like the worst mother in the world right now!!
    ashas been trying to sit up in her carseat and i thought her last weight was 7.9 at the drs at 4mths so i thought ok at 5mths she would be 8kgs and i could turn it around and see if she stops doing that coz i am worried about her neck..
    so i turned it around the other day and thankfully we hadnt needed to go anywhere and tonight i looked in her blue book and her last weigh in was 6.9kgs ahhhhhhhhhhh so i would have put her in there not big enough yet i feel so terrible right now i cant even explain it

noni, no need to feel so bad. max weighs 6.6 and i've already got her in the non-capsule type car seat and facing forward. she's been a happier baby since i turned her around. but, in saying that, was told by chn that legal age to turn their seat around is 6 mos.

speaking of car seats, i bought this thing from toys r us that keeps their head from slipping to the side. it's like those airplane pillows that you can buy but this is a pair of rectangular pillows that velcros around the straps. used it for the first time today and it worked! she fell asleep on the drive home and her head stayed up. oh, also got her these things that keeps the strap together. they snap close around the straps and keeps them together in case the straps are loose. am i vague enough about these things? just wanted to share this in case any of the bubs need it.

fiannne that does make me feel better my car seat says 8kg or 6mths i assumed that ment whichever comes first but maybe it means not until they hit six months and are atleast 8kgs its pretty vague i am confused... our carseat has a retractor that pulls the straps in tight is that what u mean?

not really noni. the thing i'm talking about pulls the 2 straps closer together for added safety. no arms going through the straps while in the car seat. got it coz i noticed that though straps seemed tight when i put her in, they didn't look as tight after she wriggled around some. so, being the paranoid mom that i am, got this thing to make doubly sure she doesn't escape.

good morning everyone!

Fianne, I used those head holder pillows to start with so W's head didn't wobble but he cried every car trip until I took it out - complete opposites!

Noni, I am competing for the worlds worst mother award. I left W sitting on a chair and he dived to get a toy off the floor and went head first. He has carpet burn on his nose. The way his body flipped upward, I thought his neck was going to snap. I cried longer than he did.

Cally, hope you are getting some sleep.

I wanted to ask you guys if any other bubs cry in their sleep? In the past week Will has been groaning/mornful crying but his eyes are closed and he wriggles around with his mouth open looking for boob. Feeding him is the only way to resettle. He is doing this about 4-5 times a night now.

I hung out my washing this morning and put Will on the ground next to me. He was sitting there picking dandelions and examining them. It was sooo cute.

Sorry for everyone I have missed, I think the lack of sleep is getting to me. I can't remember what I just read lol. I keep making stupid mistakes like forgetting my groceries at the supermarket and using a similar but wrong word for objects (like table instead of chair, or spoon instead of fork).

arte - i think as for bubbies hurting themselves it startsnow n dosnt end! dnt blame urself couldve happened toany of us!! asha cries or grizzles in her sleep sometimes but she stays asleep n stops, sorry thats not much help to u...
    fianne - ohhh k think i knw what u mean what u mean ashas car seat straps are tight do u have a retractor? maybe shes smaller then ash..
    off shopping this morning asha is having her milk as i type one handed we r running a bit late lol oops she might have to have her cereal earlier than usual which might not go down well (earlier as in closer to her morning bottle)

What happens with all the prams at the mums and bubs movie sessions? Are they all parked in the foyer?

Arte - K whinges sometimes in her sleep, I don't know if her eyes are open or not and she just resettles, we just hear her in the lounge room and look at each other in a panic thinking she's about to wake up!!

MD - Poor you with E at the library, yay for magic boobies!!

Didn't get to try K kicking around in the bath last night. DH let most of the water out so she could try, but he then decided she was cold. Will try one night when he's not there!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast