Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #24

clare- whereabouts in melbourne are you??

noni- yes, i'm not too sure how long membership in the no sex club lasts for lmao! it seems that dp is happy to be in it too, i tried to initiate some nooky last night and he said he wasn't in the mood!

well, i'm off to get lewis' 6 months needles now. great! wish me luck...poor little man. i'm meeting up with a couple of girls from mothers group and they're getting their dd's needles at the same time so at least i'll have friends!

cassius - i dnt think i know what these pasta stars are lol ive never seen itsy bitsy pasta before lol am i sheltered?? haha.. lol carb overload i think asha is a bit carb overloaded lol now ive got a few dinner things in the freezer i need to start concentrating on lunch things though lol get her off the jar foods that shes been having for lunch.. i gave her oats this morning with nectarine, water and a splash of milk i thought shed love it but she prefered her raffertys cereal lol she didnt eat much of it then when i had toast she winged for me to give her some lol so she had that as well.. asha is behind with her shots too she was 6mths on the 26th last month and hasnt had them yet now that shes better i do need to get on to that but its hard for me to get to my drs without dp driving us so it prob wont be till the weekend...
    gracie - its the other way around here i think my dp is permanently in the mood he is always annoying me grabbing my bum etc lol sorry for the tmi lol.. goodluck with the needles.. good that u'll have some moral support!!
    Last edited by *noni*e*; April 8th, 2008 at 10:00 AM.

Hi everyone, I was in the middle of posting last night when there was a spectacular incident involving the cat's claws, my hand, a cup of tea and DH's work laptop (!) So I gave up. Fortunately DH has the robust laptop version .

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts yesterday. DH is in fact rather chipper, and who wouldn't be since they gave him ENDONE . I mean, seriously - minor procedure, people! They were still offering him a GA just minutes before he got it done under local and he couldn't see what the fuss was. I think the local is more labour intensive for them as the nurse has to supply a steady stream of conversation for half and hour or so LOL. He's walking like a cowboy but not game to complain because he knows I'll just laugh at him. LOL No I've actually been quite nice and considerate to him.

Well, DH had a strategic conversation with one of the decision makers yesterday and it turns out there's a sliver of a chance that we could still be going home at the end of the year (another person is thinking of leaving and that would create a vacancy). If not, they will put DH into a job here that no one else wants to do for 2 yrs, then the sweetener is a guaranteed move home at the end of it. Which is 2nd best but it's better than a huge question mark hanging over your future and IMO the job here is a really good one for creating career pathways for DH away from his current employer so that could be a good thing in the longer term as well. So I'm feeling better than I have for a good week now, more positive about things.

I also had a brainwave regarding how to cope when DH goes OS...I hope it doesn't reflect badly on me as a parent but it's important to set up coping mechanisms since I found out last year that my friends here are a bunch of fair-weathers. Basically the plan is to book E in FDC for 3 short days a week...it gives me a chance to sleep (if we've had a rough night) or catch up on housework or do the grocery shopping or even godforbid get out for some 'me time' while H is at school. It seems so obvious but I've gone from feeling completely bleak about his trip to feeling like there's a way through it, which is probably the difference between good health and antidepressants. I'll be going back to work shortly after DH gets home so we'll just extend those 3 days in care to cover my work hours and it fits into place.

Well I've ordered my Ergo (got it from ABA in the end, chose 'cranberry') now I'm just excitedly waiting for it to arrive.

Clare, cake AND mum's group - what a combo, enjoy!

Arrowroot biccies - aaah I can't wait til we get onto wheat! Soooo much easier. Pregpan, I'm loving the sound of your chicken and apple recipe too, sounds ideal for introducing meat as it will have that nice sweetness. Couscous is a great idea, we also used to do little semolina puddings for DD sweetened with maple syrup and vanilla.

OK, I'm off to hassle the FDC coordinator again plus I forgot to eat breakfast this morning!
    Last edited by AnyDream; April 8th, 2008 at 11:35 AM.

am starting to worry about ashas development!! no words, not close to crawling or sitting by herself the only thing she does is eat hahahaha.. should i be worried?? i think its hard for her to move around because i put a blanket down on the lino floor and its slippery.. ive tried today to put the corners under somnthing so the blanket cant move (its a really big blanket) but she still dosnt seem to get it.. i try really hard to help her get her arms and legs into the right position but her arms dont seem strong enough and she gets angry at me
    md - glad the op went well and u have found a solution your happy with and will hopefully get some well deserved me time!!

For those of you worried about the flu shot giving them the flu, apparently it doesnt. They had a big write up about it in the weekend newspaper.

Marydean - Putting E into FDC sounds like a good plan. Its hard work looking after a bub on your own, so do whatever you need to, to keep yourself and your family happy.

Gracie - How did Lewis' needles go?

Clare - How was mums group?

Noni - My DP is the total opposite when it comes to rootie tooti atm, we both have no interest lol. Its very sad!!!

I forgot to mention the other day, we have booked a holiday YAY! We are going for 5 days in Penang & 3 in Kuala Lumpur in Sept this yr. We were thinking of going for longer, but we decided to take it easy seeing as this is Maddie's 1st holiday and we arent sure how she will react etc. Hopefully she will have a ball, swimming etc, she will be close to 1 by then.

Noni - Maddie is exactly the same! She isnt rolling, no where near crawling, no babbling etc. She is just happy to be on her back. I wouldnt worry atm, some just take their time.
    Last edited by Isadora; April 8th, 2008 at 11:14 AM.

Hello Everyone!

Marydean, glad to hear that DH came out the 'other side' OK. Dh did the cowboy walk for a few days too LOL. His soreness has only just gone now 6wks after it was done. I think your plan for when DH is OS is great - you really have to do whatever it takes to make sure you stay in a good head space. I think I might have to come and visit though to keep you company Are there any good exhibitions coming to the Nat, museum? Big decision too on what to do about the job prospects too.

Hayley, the holiday sounds fab! you will have a great time.

Clare, if you are after something instead of pg vitamins, go for In-Liven, 100% organic probiotic that is perfectly safe in BF. I'm going to order some today too. Leila sounds like such a gorgeous little bundle of girl! She will catch up when she is good and ready to

Gracie, I can't wait to see a pic of you - boom-chicka-wow-wow

Noni, don't worry about the type of vege she is having, it really doesn't matter at this age.

I give a whole arrowroot biccie to him, it is really easy for him to hold. MD, I haven't noticed any change in his eczema from having them (which is practically non-existent now anyway) so I guess wheat is safe for him at this stage.

One thing I have noticed though with the rafferty's puree's, has anyone using them noticed how they nearly all hve apple with the vege ones? I tell you what, it would appear that apple is the trick to make even the most unpalatable vege go down a treat LMAO - even I could stomach tasting the spinach, brocolli, apple and pea one because all you can really taste is the sweetness of the apples. He is really enjoying it now and woofing it down. Not ready to try two meals though apart from the odd biccie and piece of carrot etc from my plate. He is doing just fine without it at this stage.

Oh and he was in such a foul mood last night, so whingy and grizzly, just like when he was teething, but I don't think it is teeth as he had a good sleep and settled easy. Mind you he did sleep with me last night becuase I was really tired and didn't want to be up and down all night if he was restless. The cheeky little monkey though is over estimating his abilities and keeps trying to pull himself up - and keeps tumbling down too.

Noni and Hayley, I wouldn't worry either, but there are some fun things you can do that will also help a bit. I've just recently got a copy of the Baby Play book by the gymbaroo people (ebay) and it has all sorts of cool games you can play that help them with those skills...the book is divided into 4 sections, birth-3 mths, 3-6, 6-9 and 9-12 mths then there's a toddler book as well. I'm having trouble with some of the 6+ month ones because E doesn't sit by herself yet but we've been having fun with the 3+ months ones. And babies can learn through play.

Re the flooring, E had a wonderful time when we were away because she got plonked down on so many different types of floors, and had fun looking, touching, rolling and rocking on them, she was really amazed by the whole thing LOL. Noni if the lino is slippery, could you get a piece of carpet offcut (usually pretty cheap from the flooring shops) instead of the blanket or even under the blanket? Or you can buy that rubber grippy underlay stuff by the meter at Clarks rubber. Also you can get the little socks for them (bonds) that have the little grip pads on the bottom, that can help as well. It's amazing what different things they will do on different surfaces.

ETA Yes Sherie, a visit please *claps hands*! I'm sure there will be something good on in the nation's capital!
    ETA2 - good his eczema has settled down, Sherie, it can be a real bother for them. Sounds like he's going to be a climber, will all that pulling up that's happening !
    Last edited by AnyDream; April 8th, 2008 at 11:41 AM.

thanx for the reassurance guys
    sherie - i have noticed that about the raffertys pures lol we havnt used them before except for the blueberry one to flavour cereal a while back.. i just use the Only organic range or Heinze organic while i am catching up on freezing all the meals different fruit flavours and a custard she had as well.. ive found asha will eat veges without the sweetness so i am trying to stick to that.. though she hates carrot lol...
    md - good ideas (as always) with the rubber or carpet.. atm we are house hunting though so it seems a waste to buy something for here and then find we are moving and dont need it if we dnt get this house we have recently applied for though i will look into it coz who knows when we will get a house grrrr

Noni if I were you I'd get a piece of carpet anyway because it will always come in handy somewhere, even if it's just out on the back verandah on a hot day. I thought of it because I'm thinking of getting a couple - one for under the highchair (so we don't wreck the carpet LOL) although this will prolly be a washable rug - and one for in the kitchen because the floor is so cold in winter and missy E might like to sit in there with me sometimes.

yeah good point the only reason im not sure is because the house we applied for is fully carpeted lol where do u get just a piece of carpet from anyway?? will it still slide on the lino do u think?? lol do u have instant messenger? its almost like we are posting straight away in here lol

Noni I *usually* have MSN messenger but not right now as I'm on DH's work puter and i don't want to load too much nonwork stuff on it...but add me to yours (my emails in my profile, remove the 'nospam').

Meet you in the live chat room??

livechat room dosnt work on this comp as the firewall blocks it i will add u to my msn though

Poo! Ok, well I was going to say you can get carpet offcuts at any of the shops that sell carpet or flooring (ie BigCarpet King, Carpet Giants, etc)...or you can get small-medium rubber-backed rugs from places like Kmart, Spotlight, BigW or even Bunnings. Rubber backed is probably a good idea although they don't last as long because the rubber perishes after a few years.

yeah sorry about that everytime i try and make it work the stupid computer wont let me install what i need even though i am a moderater on the comp and should be able to install what i want lol i will try again though anyway lol.. i saw some funky ones at ikea actually i should have got one damn it!! i dnt know if i can convince dp to go there again with me ugh ikea is a nightmare but they have so many nice things!!

nope my version of windows wont let me install the software needed to run livechat because its an unknown publisher

Owwwwww he keeps biting my nipple!

Just wanted to pop on and say that a good idea for under the highchair is a cheap shower curtain - they rinse off easily and dry quickly.

that is a good idea arte.. they also have those messy mats in the baby section at big w which are good for once they start painting etc too

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast