Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #24

Ladies, thank you so much for your kind words, they mean so much for me
    I didnt cry when I left him at childcare but reading your posts made me teary, honestly!
    Sorry I couldnt post earlier, DH is sick so I have been taking care of two babies LOL

Re. W's first day, he cried and was unsettled in the morning but they said he was a bit better after his nap. But he still refused EBM in bottle but had a little bit of banana there.
    The other thing is one of the carer whom we both like and who took care of him most of the time on 1st day is leaving. I am hoping he didnt have to go through the same stranger-anxiety again next week when the carer is gone.
    Guess this is the way with childcare, staff moving all the time. Actually all the carers there have been working for >10 years so hopefully this wont happened again. We had no luck with FDC so we need to follow this path for the time being.

His solid is getting a bit better. I think I mentioned last time that he refused everything, so we stopped for a while until he looked really interested and grabbed DH's chocolate croissant LOL. He now loves finger food and bread.

His favourite thing at the moment is moving on his tummy backwards. It frustrates him though. He wants to grab toys but the more he tries he moves even further from them.

Okay, time for personals

Go vegemite! Lots of true aussie kids here LOL. I think we might give that a go shortly, he loves chewing bread so far.

Re words, he still babbling bababa, dadada, and wawawa but not mummum (I envy you Renee LOL)

Sherie, I was going to mention about sale at myer, cause I remember you like sprout range too, but I guess I was way too late LOL. I bought W a coat and a jumper for winter. Yay on the haircut and LOL at clock. Poor A with the tumbles.

Cally, yay on the teeth appearing with no problem. GL with sleeping school.

Noni, he is not into puree so we've started on finger foods or just simply mashing the food with fork.

Renee, we still use huggies. I bought some bonds wondersuit several months ago when it was on sale, size 0. We tried it on him yesterday but it wont fit him, too small

Gracie, congrats on the photos. Glad you and Lewis werent home on Wed, lots of trees falling here too, not to mention the sand storm

Katie, love Logan photos esp. the smiling one on highchair. Have to agree with MD on your quote, it says everything. Re bread, we give him wholemeal bread too.

Arte, Will looks so happy going on a boat trip

MD, re signing that reminds me of meet the fockers movie where robert de niro signed with his grandson so hillarious
    With teething, hope Miss E is better. W has 4 teeth now and I have to agree with you that bonjella didnt do the trick for us either. What works best for us is Braueur teething relief.
    Hugs to you, hope the sleep gets better and sorry to hear about your DH. Platinum foxtel, bring it on!

Jazmum, hope Hannah is feeling better, poor bubba. I guess I am in the no sex club too LOL. GL with the christening. W was baptized back in December.

Hayley, hope you and Maddie are better now. I am sure she looks so cute in the photos, don?t forget to show us if you can.

Leanne, yay on getting less pressure at work.

Pregpan, yay on fdc placement, weight loss, and back at work. I am going back to work in May so hoping W will settle in childcare before that. He is there two days a week now.

Charlismum, have a nice trip

Hi Supa, Clare

Have a nice weekend everyone

Gottago now, he is waking up

Just popping in to say hi. I am in the south island again for a friends wedding, mums car died and I had to leave in a hurry a day earlier than planned so she could use my car to go to work.

Wedding went well, Will was so good. He was really tired but was still smiling at everyone. Had a taxi driver that thought it was o.k to drive on the wrong side of the road! In NZ you don't need a car seat in a taxi, can just hold them in your lap in the back - we took our own seat!

I will catch up with posts later, hope everyone is well.

Oh, he got his first tooth on friday, didn't even know it was coming. I think its buddy is giving him a bit of trouble though.

MD - We saw the nurse on 13 March and got the referral, we were initially booked in for 11 May, but they had a cancellation for tomorrow and rang us last Wednesday to see if we could come in.

Early start for everyone else today??

Quick question, what do you give to bub when they're sick? W woke up lots of times last night and has really runny nose today. Dont know whether he got it from dh or somewhere else.
    Do i need to buy the vaporiser thing? TIA

Hey Agnes, good to hear from you! Hope BOTH of your sick babies are feeling better now! Guess I'd better pop up to Myer, I need some things for my big girl too, otherwise she is going to have cold wrists and ankles all winter. I hope the sale is still on. I'm also trying to think ahead a bit because I now have plenty of Os but am thinking towards 1s which might be change of season or might be cool still, so I need to start working on finding some layers.

Arte, the taxi thing's the same here, but I would *never* ride without a carseat - especially the way those taxi drivers drive. Bunch of lunatics and prolly sleep deprived, the lot of them! Yay for toothies.

Cally, so there was a pretty long waiting period then, I'll remember that because it means we'll need to act in a month or so if we need it before DH leaves. She actually settled ok last night (still up 3 times but without all the palaver) so who knows maybe she has turned a corner.

Agnes, I would not normally do a vaporiser unless they were really chesty (but that's just me)...you could try some vicks/baby balsam, or if he gets really stuffed up try the Fess Little Noses spray (comes with a snot sucker). Also some panadol if he has a fever. Because our bubs are still pretty little, I'd also see a dr to check ears and throat - just because mine have a tendency to get secondary infections.
    Last edited by AnyDream; April 6th, 2008 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Just saw Agnes' question

goodmorning lovelies
    cally - we got up about 8:30 as in the time that it is now because of daylight savings, 9:30 on all of our clocks so not that early...
    arte - glad W was a good boy at the wedding.. i had no idea u didnt need a carseat in a taxi in nz.. is it easy enough to put ur seat into a taxi??
    agnes - in a baby room its not overly common for ppl to leave all the time because its a desired position and ppl get put in it and then dnt want to leave due to how attatched they are to the kids.. does w know the other carers?? maybe u could ask that he spend less time with the one who is leaving and more with the one who will be taking him on.. sounds simple but sometimes they wont do it if u dnt ask due to convenience and habbit..
    md - ahhh i c what u mean with the allergy thing.. id never heard of that before lol.. things have changed so much its hard to know who to take advice from.. my dads g/f is originally from england and had her kids say 20 plus years ago and said to me i could flavour ashas cereal with honey or jam instead of fruit but as far as i knew honey was a no go for a while yet?? asha eats a variety of textures of food sometimes i just mash her food - pumpkin or avacado or fruit and othertimes she has smooth puree she seems to enjoy both and cope with the lumpy just as well spose thats a good thing?? should i be going more with the lumpy?? well done on your bargains!! you always get the best bargains lol i am jelous but hey i dnt try hard enough to get stuff cheaper and i really should considering we are looking to move out and our budget will be tight.. might have to get a few tips and tricks from u!!
    haley - thats about what we spend though we buy huggies.. but nappies and formula arent usually bought in the shopping as i find it cheaper to get them elsewere.. formula from the chemist and nappies usually bigw if coles or woolworths dnt have a special they are the cheapest so i spose if they were added in we would be spending about as much as u renee lol..
    katie - oh i made toast soldiers without even knowing it then haha.. asha loved the toast thanks for giving me the confidence to give it to her haha sometimes u just need to hear that someone else is doing it too lol.. does feel great to get out alone sometimes dont feel bad.. although i took asha to the hairdressors with me and considering i was there for 4.5 hours asha was really good!! hardly any winging at all!!
    ok well off to make asha some breaky.. gonna give her cereal with some nectarine mashed in today (u know though neither dp or i have tried nectarine before lol) will post a pic of my hair in the gallery though the only pic i have is shocking and i cant be bothered taking another one so keep that in mind haha

Hi ladies! sorry for being incommunicado for the last couple of days, but just like a couple of you leila has been a bit unwell. very blocked up and annoyed!

Agnes: we are using a vicks vaporiser and the fess nose drops ATM, these seem to get things moving enough to have her feed OK. we were up every hour last night and at one point every 15 minutes....ahhh the joys of childcare...so many snotty noses, so little time...

Hayley: I am studying full time (in theory!) i go in 3 days a week, leila is at care for 2 days and DH has her for one day. it's a pretty nice set up as the care is at uni, so i just have a short stroll to visit her. although ATM i am anti-child care as there were a number of sick babies there on friday (lots of coughing) and now leila is sick, not happy jan!!! as for nappies i have just gone to a big baby store (baby bunting i think) and we picked up 120 for $47.00 (huggies). i have used the ALDI ones and they are also pretty good. we use cloth during the day though (yeah, suckers for punishment i know!)

and good going on the bikini line! i too had my first foray the other month for our wedding...was really nervous but they were great and kept me calm.

Cally: good luck with the sleep school! when we lived in canberra we went to the one offered by the MACH centres with leila. it was a day one but still provided some good advice and support, and i have heard that QE2 one is fantastic!

Noni: yeah i heard the other day that honey is still a no go zone due to risk of botchulism (sp??)...bummer because i have loads of it (a friend has bees...). i have been mixing loads of things recently...mostly due to the fact that i made a roast to feed 20 people and there's only 2 1/2 of us!! so poor leila has been having beef with potatoes, or pumpkin or zucchini! also she loves the pasta stars that i bought last week, especially mixed with sweet potato and drop of olive oil (DH is italian and olive oil is the mainstay in the house!!). we also make up some vege broth for minestrone for her which she seems to like.

we will be trying the soldiers today (hooray!) as leila is getting frustrated at not being able to pick up her food! cant wait to see her face when she tries the vegemite!!

Also, just a general thing on the shopping front: has anyone found nice jumpers? i dont know where to start. i had a look at kmart and at seed but they all seem to have loads of buttons. or is that just the way? i may have to head into town and check out myer or big w...
    oh and i found the best suits the other day. although it's probably old news for everyone i am excited! at best and less they have the wondersuit style suits with zip!! it's fantastic for night time, i just unzip the sleep bag and unzip the suit! no need for hand-eye coordination in the middle of the night!

have a great sunday! i am off to make ricotta cannoli...it'll end in disaster

Thanks for the replies. Just got back from the pharmacy and bought baby balsam and fess for kids. Turned out the one we have at home is for adults, no wonder the aspirator won't fit LOL. He has a fever now, poor little guy, though he is still chatty and smiley. Might bring him to the dr tomorrow.

MD, i really hope E's sleep gets better before your DH leaves
    Noni, they told me that she's leaving at the end of the day (after she spent the whole day with W). How did the nectarine go?
    Clare, we just bought a cute jumper from Myer the other day

Hope your Sunday is happy and lazy
    Last edited by spring_ag; April 6th, 2008 at 03:50 PM.

ok getting there with the solids i just really want to get on top of it all before ive given her too many jars and she gets used to the bought food iykwim? ive now got nectarine, pumpkin and mixed vegies and chicken corn and sweet potato mixed together which i havnt given asha yetbut i thought was really nice lol..
    what are ppl doing?? ive been doing cereal with fruit for breaky, fruit puree for lunch though there is the occassional day she has yoghurt but we havnt had that for a while because she had the flue.. and then i am wanting to introduce veges or meat and veg for dinner does that sound ok?? i am so lost lol... i havnt been able to give her 3 meals yet she always sleeps through one or something dosnt turn out lol we will get there...
    when can u introduce fish and other meats?? i mean i saw babyfood that has beef or chicken etc so i made the chicken one which i think is really yum lol but shes yet to try it.. could i make like macaroni with tuna or something?? mmmm i really did expect to be better at this whole babyfood thing but i am really hopeless!!
    agnes - the nectarine was a hit though it seems she likes pretty much anything haha (well not carrot lol) i just mixed it in her cereal and she ate it happily..
    cassius - i was wondeirng about pasta.. i mean if its blended and she eats bread anyway with no trouble.. is there a diff between adult pasta and baby pasta i wonder??

just popping in to say Hi *waves madly*. I am feeling supa dooper tired today so will try to jump on tomorrow for personals.

Me too LOL - kids had yet ANOTHER birthday party today and I am a bit over it already - the year isn't even halfway through yet.

how did everyone's bubs go with daylight savings ending? Alister was OK - not up too much earlier than normal, but tonight he was in bed by 7.30, when it is normally 8.30. So not sure if that will last or if he will work it out and go back to 8.30, either way it isn't a problem.

Noni, you're right about the honey. The oldies have some weird ideas LOL! I've got this photo of myself at probably 9 mths old, I'm sitting in this horrible high chair that looks like I could plop out at any second, with this finger entrapment rail around the top, chewing on a small child-choking piece of LEGO ...WTF?! And apparently this was such a normal domestic scene my parents took a photo of it! LOL Lucky because I'm BFing and none of the olds in my family have any experience of that I don't get too many unsolicited comments (cos I'm the expert hahaha). Your plan for introducing dinner meals sounds good to me. We've just gone up to twice a day but it's the same slushy gear both times. But if she's sitting up with us at dinner (she's normally gone to bed) I'll give her a little finger food (she happily gummed on some green beans the other night) or a rusk (when we get to rusks in a week or so's time) LOL

Sherie, DS ending's always good in my house because we have a lateness problem not an earliness problem. Plus I'm sooo in love of having an extra hour on the weekend. We get the earliness problem usually before DS starts so IMO it's good it'll start a month earlier!

Cally good luck at sleep school this week. I borrowed out "helping your baby to sleep" by Anni Gethin and Beth Macgregor yesterday, and we're trying to do a lot of the settling in E's cot - in her big girl room. Seems to be working as she's settling better, even if she's still getting up frequently enough for it all to blur together.

I wonder if Pregpan is back from Sydney with her ikea high chair? Is it the Antilop one? We're thinking of getting a second (cheapie) for the family room as the other one's a pain to drag back and forth (narrow doorways) and I wondered if that's the one you're all getting.

(VENT) Well I'm very angry with DH's employer right now (and DH too for subjecting us to all this cr*p on a regular basis). It now seems he's been passed over for the position back in Adel (and I mean, another person has been selected PRIOR to the suitability testing process ...WTF?) so it looks like we'll be staying put. Anyway DH is off to the Vet's this morning, for the big "V" (anyone would think he's getting an award the way he's been telling all and sundry about it ) so no more delightful gorgeous bubbas for me. He'll be getting zero sympathy and he can get his own frozen peas out of the freezer.

MD, I just watched a morning show segment on The Big V. Is he having the actual snip or the laser? Sorry that he was passed over for the adel job, I know you really wanted to go home. Could he just quit with this employer and look for something there or is his job quite specific? Glad that Miss E is settling better for you.

There is a lot of talk about vapourisers, I have no idea what one is. What do they do? (I am assuming that they put some sort of vapour in the air?)

Cassius, welcome to our very chatty group.

Noni, I give W meat - he loves to chew on steak. He doesn't actually eat much of it but likes the taste. I have given him fish a couple of times which he also likes but you have to be careful it doesn't have bones.

Home again after a very long drive last night. I saw a cat on the side of the road that had been hit by a car but was still alive. I went into the closest house but it wasn't theirs so I got the guy to kill it. I feel horrible about it because it might have been able to be saved but I didn't know where any vets were and it was dark and raining and late and I didn't know who owned it. I still have the guilts really bad but I just couldn't leave it lying hurt in the rain all night.

Will has learned a new trick. If he only holds on with one hand when we are walking he can carry things. After nappy time he bends down, picks up the nappy and then we walk to the bin and drop it in. He looks very proud of himself!

hi lovelies! hope the weekend was great and the switch to 'real time' not too horrendous. leila was ok. she was a bit grumpy but that could be the cold talking...

noni: leila is happily eating meat. when we make roast we cut some off and blend it with the bamixer. nice to add some roast potato (we spoon out the nice soft part for her). ATM i am using baby pasta (bellamy's organics), but i have just read in 'baby love' that you can use adult stuff. if you go in the pasta aisle there are tiny star pasta that we use for minestrone and it is exactly the same as the baby stuff. so i will be out there buying that (soo much cheaper!!). also baby love has great ideas for rusks to make. basically toastie soldiers (with vegemite) microwaved on high for 1 minute (uncovered) and left to stand for 5 minutes. i gave them to leila today and she loved it!! i feel so martha stewart right now!! leila seems to eat pretty similar to asha. with cereal in the morning mixed with stewed apples or peaches, then some rice with veges for lunch a wee snack in the afternoon of fruit and then some meat and veges or pasta dish in the evening around 5.30ish.

yesterday i gave leila a slice of corn on the cob to chew on. she loved it! and it kept her distracted long enough for me to go around cooking dinner...ahh the joys of distraction.

artechim: basically vapourisers work like a steam bucket (you know when you are really clogged up and you put a drop of vicks in a bowl of hot water and stick your head over it). instead with a vapourisers plug into the wall, you put some water in it with some f the inhaler stuff and away you go. i do it overnight as that is when leila is at her worst in terms of blockage. they have a safety switch so that it cuts off when empty.
    so sorry to hear about the cat. it would have been awful to come across.

and thanks agnes...i will be in town today so will have to wander past myer...

Cas, I see you figured out the ticker thing. Leila is a cutie! Thanks for the rusk recipe (except we will use Marmite - Will is a kiwi kid lol)

Hi Girls,

Well I went to the hens night on Sat night and dinner was great. We went to a place in the valley called Gravuas I was really excited cause I have heard a lot about it and wanted DH to take me ages ago. You sit on the floor and they have your table all curtained off. Sort of Japanese food and was really really nice and different. (you should have seen me trying to get up off the floor after dinner.... what a crack up... I drove and didnt drink and was home by 10.30. Also had my hair all chopped off on friday arvo and i feel great.
    Olivia is now clapping her hands its so cute. Still no teeth.

MD- I am sending you some hugs you poor love. Are you sad about not having any more babies... I am sending DH soon to get the Big V and could not be happier... 3 is enough for me.

Hello to everyone and have a great day

Leanne, yep kind of sad for having no more babies, but I've had to be realistic as I'm not a supermumma and I think 2 is as many as I could ever handle! I think I'll be clucky for a while though. Wow at the dining on the floor thing...I'd be crippled after a couple of hours of that!

Arte - commisserations on finding the cat, that would've been quite distressing. Try not to feel guilty as a vet may have euthanised it immediately anyway. You did the right thing and ended its suffering. Bet you feel blah today though . Arte that's a fantastic trick that Will's going - make sure you get it on video !

Clare, good tip re the rusks. I haven't found the part of Baby Love that talks about food, I'd better go and have a look LOL. I have her other book about baby food, though, found it v useful with #1 but have barely looked at it yet.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast