Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #27

Hello Gorgeous ladies!

Busy day today - preschool and then shopping and haircut for me and then pick the big kids up. I got Alisters little slippers in the mail today and they are sooo cute! I'm really glad I brought them because he can't get them off LOL. I popped into the chemist and weighed him today too and he has put on more weight than I thought and is now 9.2kg.

Arte, that is soo clever of Will - he will be running around before you know it! I owuld be more than happy if Alister followed his brother and not his sisters in the walking dept - Lindsay was 13mths and the girls were both just under 10mths. I am sooooo not ready for him to be walking yet.

Marydean, I hope you weren't outbid on the playpen. So happy that Miss E had a really good night again for you - you must be feeling almost human again Alister loves the cords too but the way our desk is he can't get at them, but he will often get tangled in the vacuum cord.

Hi to everyone else - off for a quick browse before I pack the groceries away.

Hello all! Just a quick one for me to let you all know that the flipping inlaws are staying for the WHOLE weekend so I probably wont be on at all. Enjoy your weekend ladies, MD glad to hear the sleep is improving alot.

Enjoy your weekend Hayley I hope it isn't too painful for you

hi everyone
    i have just spent the past hour catching up on this thread, so i know what you've all been going through. I did start writing personals, but by the time i got to the end, the things i'd written didn't seem to apply anymore.
    md - sounds like things are getting better for you with regards to E's sleeping habits. I hope she continues to be a good girl for you.
    i've tried a bit of controlled crying tonight. I was doing well (distracted myself by reading everyone's posts) then DH went in a picked her up and rocked her to sleep! He's the one that's been telling me to do the controlled crying. (he' s a little ****y tonight - so probably just couldn't handle her crying anymore) Hopefully we'll have a good night tonight. (i doubt it though)
    arte - isn't Will a clever little munchkin!!!!! You're going to get lots of exercise now lol.
    hi to everyone else. I'm sorry i haven't been generous with the personals. I'm going to try and keep up with you all from now on.
    best go and feed the dog, (oh and myself!!)

Hi Girls,

just a quick question...have any of you used the amber necklaces or dummies for teething??? they sound pretty interesting and i am thinking of getting one. ebay are selling them pretty cheap ($31 what with the good exchange rate with the US ATM). what do you guys think??

hhmmmmm....

Clare, I think they are a really good idea, however I couldn't bring myself to buy one cos I couldn't get over the possibility of it being a strangulation hazard? Anyway my personal theory (*fruitloop alert*) is that it's not a chemical in the amber that works but rather the energy of the stone. So you would get the same effect by having a piece of amber in the baby's environment (ie tucked under the mattress) or from wearing it yourself when bubs is in contact with you.

Trillian, yup, the auction ended and I didn't get the playpen (*stamps foot*). However, there was a Maclaren umbrella stroller (local pickup) which had a FRENZY of last minute bids and I won by 77 cents (hehehe). Gotta put a smile on my dial! Still no solution for the computer tho. I *refuse* to pay $110 just to keep the puter penned in.

Jazmum, good to hear from you. Yes definitely remember to feed yourself LOL! How's little H's windiness going, are you still getting Bowen for her? I've booked E in for 3 sessions with a legendary osteopath (this guy is world famous). I believe we'll see some progress on the sleep after a couple of sessions with him.

hey everyone..
    gosh shocking night here with heaps of wake ups i could barely keep my eyes open when Asha decided it was time to get up this morning!!! ah well ive been a cleaning machine this morning lol sone 2 huge loads of washing and cleaned up the loungeroom and done the floors lol all in between entertaining Asha and feeding her the mountains of food shes decided she wants to eat lol!! we had wiggles on here this morning on the cd player lol its a big hit!! i also the other day completely re aranged Ashas play area for something new i took away the rainforest gym thing and moved the jumperoo over so now there is the big foam mat out all the time instead of just when i put it out and it has lots of toys on it.. that seems to be keeping her entertained lol.. i even went back to my childcare working days and made a little caterpillar, bees, a flower and a sun out of coloured paper i had laying around and stuck them on the wall above it can u tell i was bored???
    md - Ashas cough seems to have passed no idea what it was!! too much dribble i think... i do have a vapourizer lol conned mum into buying it when Asha had the flue hehe.. damn about the playpen.. well done on the stroller victory though hope the osteo has the majic touch!!
    cassius - i want the teething necklace!! i was thinking of going to the mind body spirit festival tmw for something to do hoping to have a look at them there if they have any..
    jazmum - i am hopeless with controlled crying i just get so frustrated hearing her cry and cry lol.. bloody men tell u they want one thing and then go and do the opposite!!!
    haley - oh gosh hope its not to painfull!! i am lucky ppl dont really just pop round here because we dont have the room for them haha..
    sherie - slippers?? i got little bonds ones for Asha but she just pulls them off what are the ones u got?
    cassius - i want the footmuff for our stroller too idk how much it costs though might have to look into it.. u can get some ones that are universal in target too i saw...
    leanne - glad ur getting better
    hi to everyone i missed netball this afternoon considering the amount of sleep i have had could be interesting lol

Hi MD: hhmm that was my thought as well. i was a bit worried about the whole choking thing. they all say that it's fine but i dont know... that's why i got interested in the dummy version.
    and I think you're right. maybe i can just buy some and place them somewhere around her room...DH is also asking his mum as she is into all things homeopathic...

hmmmm

Sherie - where did you get the slippers from? The ones I got for Katie (although gorgeous) do keep coming off.

MD - Is that the third pram/stroller you now have? Good luck with the osteo, will be interested to hear how that goes.

Arte - wow, walking!! K is starting to pull herself up on us and she will walk (kind of) if I move her down the hallway holding on to her upper body. We're still waiting for a forward crawl though.

Well we just did a lap of the supermarket without a peep from little miss K - she was far too busy sucking on a teething rusk! The pram was a bit of a mess afterwards but it certainly kept her entertained.

Cas, still jealous of your Italian hubby - mine is from a small town at the bottom of the south island - we went back to visit during uni holidays once with a friend and all day people were staring at us. It wasn't until someone actually said something that I realised it was because my friend had the nerve to be asian in their town lol

MD, so glad you had a better night. Will has a cold so he got up at 9.30pm for an hour and then again at 1.30am for another hour, as well as waking every hour and having a sad little cry.

Cally, I took your advice and went to the local plunket nurse (like MCHN). She could only recommend giving water instead of comfort feeding at night so not very helpful because he won't take a bottle. She insisted he must crawl before he walks and I think he heard because now when I put him on his tummy he goes to hands and knees and then sitting lol Absolutely refuses to crawl.

Noni, well done on all the cleaning! I am so slack and my marriage is paying for it.

Sherie, how is the mouse hunt going?

Renee, how are you? Hope everything is o.k.

The baby panadol here is 5 times weaker than the australian formulation so instead of 1.2mLs I have to get 6mL of the yucky stuff into him.

Cally you have caught me out. I now own FIVE prams/strollers in various configurations. Two of them are my old cheapies that I now hate that are going to Vinnies, one was given to me which we use for local walking (drives well cross-country but doesn't fit in my car), my regular Emma, and this new umbrella stroller which will fit in the boot of our hatchback, so when DH goes away on his big trip I can swap cars to keep them both running ok. OMG I sound like a capitalist don't I?? Most of them are preloved!

Noni, LOL at too much dribble cough. E coughs to entertain herself too LOL. Man I wish there was a mind body spirit festival here, I could go a dose of purple velvet and crystals LOL. Noni, with Asha's waking, is it bad enough that you'd think about contacting the Tresillian mob? They do residentials like the QE2 one that Cally went to. I'm very impressed with your decorating efforts in the play area!

Sherie, I'm with everyone else, I wanna know about the slippers! They sound good.

DH picked up our $30 ebay highchair yesterday, E is now sitting in the lap of luxury. It's a cut above my old one, that's for sure, it has the up and down feature and the seat is very cushy and quite upright. I love it. I'm still chicken about giving fingerfoods, she's such a little piggy she shoves too much food in at once. I need to learn to trust the gag reflex.

ETA Arte, bugger about the baby panadol! Sounds like you're doing some hard night yards. I had to keep repeating to myself, this will pass, she WILL learn to sleep, she WILL go to sleep, etc. What sort of cups have you tried? E can pretty much only drink out of one of the types of cup we have, it's the Avent Magic cup with the 3mth+ soft white spout on it. To start with, I took the valve out so she got the idea that liquid would come out, then once she started sucking (took a couple of weeks), I'd start without it then quickly put the valve back in. The long flat shape seems a bit easier for the BFed bubs. You could try some rice milk if he's not so keen on water, just to get him interested? It's sweet like BM.
    Last edited by AnyDream; May 3rd, 2008 at 05:55 PM.

Just quickly - I have been oding heaps of mod stuff on here and I forgot to post hello to everyone LOL!

The slippers are great - he can't get them off nor do they come off when he is crawling. They are called polar boots from 'cheekylittlesoles' (their site is the first one to come up) and come in black, blue, brown (which I got) and a gorgeous pink. They are leather outsoles with synthetic lining. They cost $44.95, which is more than I would normally pay, but I think they are proving to be worth it.

Yep, we are on top of the mouse problem now I think - haven't caught one in 2 days now.

We had Auskick football today for Lindsay and I signed Erin up for netball too, because it is on at the same sports ground at the same time as auskick and it might keep her from whinging at me for the duration of it LMAO. So now I am a Saturday Sport Mum

Alister had a big spill last night - mr clever d1ck was standing up holding on the highchair, lost his balance and fell forward on it, splitting his top gum open. I didn't realise this at first because I picked him straight up and he put his mouth on my shoulder, but it wasn't until ages afterwards that I noticed it when I had him on the floor tickling him and he opened his mouth. I went into the bathroom and had a look at my shoulder and I could see where the blood had dried - I was wearing a red shirt so I didn't notice it. It doesn't bother him, but on the plus side, I think the tooth on that side will come through now that the gum is already split because I could see a tiny white speck there this morning.

md - its not a sleep issue as much as it is a teething issue.. she sleeps well usually just when shes teething is up a million times a night no matter what i do..

AAAAAAh those teeth - SPROUT ALREADY, do you hear me?????

Sherie - The first of many spills I'm sure! E has started, I'm getting used to that "clunk - pause - wail" sound now.

LOL Marydean, IKWYM. It's like they need those first few seconds after they fall to determine just how bad they are hurt and therefore the intensity of the following scream/cry/winded silence (<- that's when you know they are 4 seconds away from the biggest, most ear piercing scream they will ever do LOL).

Noni, how did Asha go last night?

Jaz, how have the last few nights been?

I checked up on Queenie, and she has been logging in regularly, just not posting.

With those teething necklaces, I doubt Alister would even wear one - the girls have put their beads on him a few times and he just tries to pull them off. I assume though you would put them under their clothes though?

Will is sick and I didn't get to sleep until 5am, he woke at 6 then got up for the day at 7am. Then we had to go to the emergency medical center at the army base in the next town to get panadol because we ran out and there are no pharmacies within two hours drive that are open on a Sunday. Then this afternoon he slept on me for 3 hours, waking every 30ish minutes with a mournful cry (so glad I had some shows taped so I wasn't too bored). Luckily he seems much better since he woke this afternoon, fever gone just the snot factory working overtime now.

Too tired for personals, really hoping he sleeps better tonight.

BTW it is freezing here, it was 2 degrees outside before.

hello ladies

sorry i've been so slack, i've been reading the posts everyday but just been too tired to write anything. sometimes i wish we were all friends irl iykwim so i could talk insteadof type! so much easier i love talking, just not typing so much lol. well our sydney visitors went well, left on thursday morning. it's hard having people stay at your house now though isn't it? sometimes i love to sit on the couch at night watching tv with my boobs hanging out feeding lewis but you jut can't do that with visitors around!
    we took lewis to the pools on monday for a swim and he loved it so that was great fun for his uncle to see.

arte- wow i can't believe will is walking! that's amazing and scarey at the same time iykwim? what a clever boy sorry he's been unwell, do you know what it is??

hayley- yes i'm a secondary teacher. my key learning area is humanities/commerce- may be different to wa? i'm not too sure. i don't talk about it too much because to be honest, i don't really enjoy it. i feel like i chose the wrong career and i often kick myself over my choices. it is a very full-on, hard work job..and there are days where i feel like teaching is simply crowd control...i'm sorry, i don't want to sound negative because i know that's what you're studying, but it is a job that drains a lot of people of their energy. there's also a lot of negativity among staff members....sorry to be such a dampener!! it does have good bits though. i mean, i love the kids, most of the time they are great and i've had some fantastic and funny times with them.

md- your dh has been in the dog house a lot lately hasn't he??? spewin he made you miss an ebay bargain! i've got a mclaren vogue stroller (same as heath ledger's lol) and i love it! hope your fdc situation sorts itself out

leanne- enjoy your wedding today. i love weddings!

clare- happy 8 months to leila!

sherie- hope you enjoy getting your hair done. are you going for a change or same old same old??? glad the mice are gone. have you got any cats to help you sort the problem out? we had a major possum problem but our dog seems to have sorted that out for us.

noni- well done on cleaning frenzy. want to come over to mine???? lol

hi everyone!

good going will on the walking!

good job ms E for sleeping better for mum!

noni, maybe you can send some cleaning vibes this way which will get me off my a$$.

grace, love listening (more than talking) and prefer one on ones. such a shame we don't all live in the same city

arte, don't envy you your weather. dh and i lived in auckland for 10 mos and i was miserable coz' it was always tooo cold for me. brisbane is perfect i think. hope will has been sleeping better

sherie, i like the idea of slippers that the bubs can't take off but don't think i can consciously spend $45 on a pair. so maybe i should just close my eyes and click on "buy now"? he he he. max really needs a pair coz' house is pretty drafty. and the pair i got her (which is sooo cute) comes off every time i put it on.

leanne, glad to hear that the household is on the mend.

md, i know what you mean about "crash-pause-wail".....we get that here too.

cally, i use those teething rusks to keep her pre-occupied more than for teething purposes. and yes, her stroller definitely gets a fair bit of it.

claire, sorry no idea about the amber necklace/dummy that you're talking about.

hayley, hope you survived the weekend ok.

jazmum, we still haven't caught up for coffee.

max is now officially "on the move"....was going on fours and sprawling forward for a few days last week but has since done real crawls....and not too slowly either. and on top of which is that she's started standing up around the lounge...not just her cot....using chair legs, my body parts, sofa, anything really, just to pull herself up. i've got a playpen but she's not a happy bubby when in there. it's all grief.

ok, gotta get myself off to bed now. so glad it's a holiday tomorrow (even if i don't work) so that i can get things done around the house with dh home.

sleep vibes for all those who need it.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast