Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #27

Way to go Will!!!

Wow Noni's sleepy vibes worked alright, E only got up twice ! 2nd time a bit longer but then I just left her to it. I soooooo hope we have turned a corner and this wasn't just a once-off. BBL to tell you what I did different

Go Will go Will go Will

Speaking of Noni, how are you hun? We haven't heard very much from you the last few days, I hope you are ok?

Noni - you might have to come in and send sleepy vibes each afternoon!!

I don't have a velcro baby yet, but I do have a velcro cat!!! She won't leave me alone and it is nice to have some alone time when K is asleep.

Now that K is more mobile she is sleeping in some funny positions. I turned her over from asleep on her side a few days ago, but now she is right on her tummy. Yesterday she was asleep on her tummy and I was checking on her and she woke and didn't go back to sleep so we had a very overtired baby by bedtime (had less than 5 mins sleep). At the moment she is lifting her head every now and then and I'm just worried that she's not going to sleep as well on her tummy as she will on her back. Also, I'm a tummy sleeper and it plays havoc with my neck so I don't want her to get into that habit either. Should I flip her?

wow glad to hear my sleepy vibes worked!! they worked for Asha too believe it or not!! she only woke once at 4am and i gave her her dummy and she was back to sleep until dps alarm at 7!!! i actually got to sleep by myself until 7am i dnt think thats ever happened before she usually comes into bed at around 3.. i took her to bedwith me at 7 and we just got up not long ago at 9
    has anyone heard of the childrens tv show 'in the night garden' ? i heard about it coming out a while ago and how it was supposed to be THE show for childrens development iykwim? it was in the news paper.. i turned it on yesterday to see what it was like and asha really likes it.. i dnt see the developmental link though?? lol just seems like another kids show.. its just before playschool at 9am on abc...
    cally - i let Asha sleep however she puts herself unless shes right against the bars of her cot or something because she gets grumpy and wont sleep as well if i move her lol..
    md - soooo glad she slept!!!!! u must feel sooo much better i mean i am sure there is alot of catch up sleep thats needed but its a start! as for me ive just been keeping quiet i'm not doing overly well.. everythings good with asha shes starting to improve since her tooth has popped through.. i'm just frustrated about still not finding a house and am having trouble with eating issues again but i'll get there.. thanx for asking
    arte - wow what a clever boy!!!

hi all
    well the sleepy vibes worked well here too - Noni you have a special touch!! Noah got up for a a feed at 12 and then at 4, thats the best night we have had in a LONG time. Noni - we will all be relying on your vibes from now on!! GO WILL AND MISS E!!! I am so happy for you both Arte and MD!!
    Jaz - great to hear from you. I cant believe 8 months already!! WOW! I remember how jealous I was of you when she arrived... it feels like yesterday.
    Cally - N started sleepingon his side and then front a few weeks back. It freaked me out to begin with and i kep turning him but then I found he would always end up back there again so I stoppped fighting it. He sleeps well on his front, and wont sleep on his back anymore (if i put him down on his back, which i do everytime,when I go back in 5 mins later he is at least on hisside and usually on front). He does yell out to be turned every few hr, as he cant roll front to back yet... (though i think he is learning)... I personally dont think yuo should turn her, just check her more often if u are worried. she will keep going back there anyway if thats how she wants to sleep.
    N keeps grinding his teeth - SO GROSS!!! and v disconcerting when he does it as we get ready for a feed!
    Renee - how are things my dear? thinking of you.
    and how are you Noni
    and BIG SHOUT OUT to dear queenie - come back I miss you!!!

ok gotta go, work beckons.. be back later (cant wait for this work week to end, I am exhausted and have an awful cold...)

eta - noni we were posting at the same time... so sorry you are not doing well... i am sure the housing situation is stressful, i remember how stressed i was this time last yr when we were doing our house hunt. and on the eating issues i have been there before as you know, so i feel for you. at least you recognise what is happening. chin up love, sending you virtual hugs.

hurray!!!! for all the babies who received noni's sleeping vibes including asha!

unfortunately, we had a pretty bad night. waking up too many times BUT at least she kept going back to sleep on her own. got up earlier too this morning. can't complain after reading about md's 4-hour to settle night.

have got velcro baby too. am learning to turn a deaf ear to the whinges and cries.

noni, fingers crossed you find a house soon.

everyone else, have a great day!

Well it must have been the night for it last night because we had a good night here too! I was only up at just after 12 and then again just after 5am. He slept till 6.45 when I had to be up anyway so that was fine. I couldn't believe it! Although I did give him nurofen just before bed the last two nights and this morning his top gum isn't so red and swollen now - so maybe that was the difference. Either way I am happy LOL.

Noni, I saw that show and personally I can't stand it. It is along a similar vein to Teletubbies and PooBah (which I also hated) and the educational aspect is the same as theirs - repetition, simple actions and lots of bright stimulating colours etc.

Arte, that's so clever of Will!

Fianne, its hard to leave them be though when they are like that, especially when you are trying to get things done. But when the mood strikes him he will be fine kwim?

I didn't get to do the beetroot till this morning because yesterday we kept having blackouts and we have an electric stove so I didn't want to risk starting it and not being able to finish. It seems to have turned out really well though - just like brought beetroot. I only made one jar because I didn't want to use them all and stuff it up LOL. Although I have to make a mental note that next time I need to wear gloves when peeling and slicing them - my hands are pink LMAO.

I just brought a gorgeous little pair of leather ugg boot style boots for A. His feet get sooo cold and his slippers don't stay on but these have a strap to do them up tighter. They weren't cheap but we will get the wear out of them for sure.

And I think we are on top of the mouse problem too finally! We caught one late yesterday afternoon and not a single one since then. I'm convinced that they must have bred somewhere inside (which has happened before but we found the babies and got rid of them)

ETA - is anyone finding that their bubs are really hungry? I can't keep the food up to Alister ATM. He is having just over 1lt of milk a day and his big breakfast in the morning (tupperware snack cup of cereal and fruit) and then an arvo snack (arrowroot biccie) and then vegies off my plate at night. I don't think he is gaining weight because he doesn't look like he is (but he is getting really long - 75cm at last measure have no idea how heavy he is though) so it might just be from all the activity? or even the cold weather? The other kids always eat heaps more when it is cold too.
    Last edited by Trillian; April 30th, 2008 at 11:17 AM.

*snap* on the beetroot Sherie LOL. Well I'm not bottling it but I did do a big cookup of beetroot and carrot which went right down the Betty Hatch very fast (mind you all food goes down very fast and I often wonder if it's not possible to feed your child too much? She just keeps opening her mouth for more, more, more!) LOL So going to start a third meal over the next couple of days (when I get my sleep deprived A into G). Yay for your mouse victory!

Fianne and Sherie, I know what you mean about velcro, we've had a bit of that. I thought once she was crawling she would just crawl on over to me but mostly she just lies there flapping her arms like it's all too hard LOL. I try to ignore the whingeing. A few times she's turned miraculously happy after I've put on some SM-33 so I think the teeth are just giving her grief.

Arte, funny you should say about Will popping fangs. I've noticed a couple of lumps in E's jaws in the fang area so I wonder if she's not cutting them too.

Pregpan, hope your week goes quickly and you get some rest!

Cally I'm really not sure about the flipping...maybe try it a couple of times and see what happens. You don't want to be yoyo-ing back and forth flipping her over all the time. Some bubs get really mobile in their cot around about now so you just kind of have to go with the flow.

Oh I'm so excited I just saw that the mums n bubs movie this week is the Spiderwick Chronicles...might even take myself along.

MD - Definately take yourself to the mums and bubs movie session, if even just to get out of the house. Yay glad to hear that you had a much better night with E, hopefully its a sign that things will get easier from here on. Yum beetroot sounds good, I'll have to give that a go. Someone said to me yesterday get as much veggies in them while you can, before they decide that they dont like veges lol. Hope you arent freezing in Canberra, saw on the news yesterday morning that the hills had snow on them! I was thinking the same thing, glad to see you havent lost your sense of humour with the taliban comment lmao!

Sherie - Yay glad Alisters's gums have calmed down a bit and you got a decent nights sleep. I havent noticed Maddie getting hungrier, but like you say its probably a mixture of the colder weather and Alister is a lot more on the move these days.

Fianne - Hope you get some sleep tonight, like you say at least she is going back to sleep.

Pregpan - Hope you get over that cold soon, work will be finished for the week before you know it and you can relax!

Noni - Havent heard of that kids show? Oh no good luck with finding a home soon, you will get there. Sorry to hear about your eating issues.

Cally - I have a velcro cat too ahhh! He is gorgeous but drives me nuts at time.

Arte - OMG I cant believe how well Will is doing at this age!!

Jazmum - Sorry had to have a laugh at the monster poo, its always as we're heading out the door isnt it!?

Clare - Happy bday for yesterday! Thanks so much for sharing your travel stories, without sounding corny its made me feel so much better and that I shouldnt let anything hold us back from travelling! Glad to know I'm not the only one who gets the 'you are so young' comment too. Where are you planning to move to when you go o/seas?

Gracie - Aww Lewis at the nipple sounds so cute, but I'm sure it must have been a bit of a pain for you while trying to sleep! Any more castings?

Renee - How are you going? Hope everything is well with your fam and your Aunty got good results.

Well I've got a doc's appt today for Maddie for her flu shot. Having second thoughts though....I'm scared its going to make her sick. I am planning on going along to the doc and talking to her about it, before getting the shot. I'll decide once we get there. Maddie also had a physio appt. today and I cancelled it after last time, when the physio was mean, besides I think Maddie has been coming along really well.

LOL Marydean at Miss Betty just flapping the arms - Alister will follow me around and the crying/whinging gets louder when he can't find me *sigh* And definately go to the movies - you need to get out and if she protests, you wont be the only mum there with an upset bub I'm sure.

Cally, I would leave her be when she is asleep unless it it waking her up because she is cold. She would probably only get back in that position anyway if you moved her.

Hayley, Maddie may have built enough immunity of her own now so the needle may not be necessary?

Thanks for reminding me Hayley, we're due to take E back to the physio for her twisty neck. Although our physio is nice!

Noni, I meant to say earlier (aaah I have no focus right now) that if you're getting into the bleak zone you really should see your GP. He knows your story, he will be able to help I'm sure. There are also some really good support groups out there for the eating stuff. You owe it to yourself and Asha to stay healthy, hun. Try to find at least one positive thing to focus on every day and you will get through. xxx

Gracie I was LMAO when I read you were trying to sneak away to watch BB. I'll let you know when DH organises our move to Melb, LOL!

ETA - Sherie, that's the kicker, she's a gorgeously well behaved bub in the day time (mostly). I'm sure ppl hear me talking about how she's not sleeping at night and see her smiling at them and think I'm just exaggerating LOL. We're in for a big week of baby-proofing, didn't quite get to it before Dh went away. I'll be happier once that's done cos she'll just be able to roam around the house a bit more. Right now I just want to put a pussycat bell on her so i know where she's headed LOL. It's her life's ambition now to get into the wonderland that is H's room with all its wonderful bits strewn all over the floor!
    Last edited by AnyDream; April 30th, 2008 at 12:38 PM.

I've decided to just leave her in whatever position she falls asleep in. I tried turning her this morning and she has only just gone back to sleep (in the pram) after a mammoth walk in the pram after I had already tried resettling her once, more play time, back to bed, feeding. She has been able to roll from her front for 5 months now so she will be fine. I just have to keep reminding myself that!

Mmm beetroot.

We're doing three meals, but it seems a bit hit and miss sometimes. She really wants control of the spoon so there is a fair bit on the bib and the tray, no idea how much is going down her throat.

She's woken from the pram after 30 minutes. Have put her back in the cot, will see what happens.

Noni - to you, hope the house and everything else gets sorted out soon.

Cally you should be able to tell how much is going down her throat by how much is coming out the other end! Which reminds me, beetroot = red poo (very funny, H thought it was hilarious).

Oh, and I meant to say what we did different last night - I realised I needed to look at the reasons she's not sleeping from a wholistic viewpoint:
    I turned the central heating thermostat up to 16 degrees (it clicked on quite a few times so it would've got much colder)
    I used the wheat bag to warm the spot where her head would be before I put her in the cot
    I gave E lots more cuddles and carrying yesterday (to help her feel more secure generally)
    I also did a visualisation (aha *frootloop alert*) where I pictured the love coming out of my heart like a soft green light and surrounding her cot.
    I ditched the night light & lamp (now that I've discovered my secret super power is night vision LOL)

Anyway it could still just be a freak occurance so we'll know in a few days whether it's working or not. Still contemplating setting up an oil column heater in her room, too.

hi girls
    so over it today, ihave so much work to do am in melb for meetings all day mon andi suddenly realised i dont work b/n now and then so really i need to get it all done today to be prepared. *****!!!!!!!!
    so as a means of distraction - how do you cook beetroot? do you buy fresh ones? it sounds like N would like it if it is messy!! so i can add that to the repertoire this weekend! by the way he loves the latest lot of stuff i have made - roated root vegies and also roasted eggplant, capsicum, tomatoe and courgette. both with lots of roasted garlic. he better not try to kiss any of the girls at FDC!!! and the beef casserole i made the other day - FAVOURITE!

Marydean who cares if you sound fruity if it's working then keep doing it - then write a book about it and make a squillion dollars LOL. I really hope it works for you tonight hun. IKWYM about seeing in the dark, I rarely turn the light on too now. I think the kids are finally getting the message about picking their little things up so Alister can't get them so it's not too bad. Lego is only to be played with on the table or Lindsay just closes his bedroom door. He has most of it on display on a small table in his room and if Alister goes in there he makes a beeline for it LOL.

Pregpan, beetroot is easy to cook. I had fresh homegrown ones and you peel and slice them thinly (1 large one or two smaller ones), put in a pan with a teaspoon of sugar and a small teaspoon of salt (not quite a full teaspoon) and enough water to cover. boil for around 20minutes till tender, drain and then add a similar amount of vinegar to the beet liquor and then quickly place the beets in a hot sterilised jar and fill with the liquid, put lid on and wa-la you are done LOL. Thats to preserve it, but there are other ways to prepare it though. You can't eat it raw as it is quite tough and woody so you do need to cook it.

Oh yes Pregpan it was definitely the most entertaining food E has ever had - since she could 'draw' with it on the white high chair tray . If you're cooking it for grownups you're supposed to cook it (roast, steam or boil) with the skins on, and then peel them off and top and tail after they're cooked. I just peeled, chopped and chucked them in with carrots but I reckon they'd be nice with potato or pumpkin as well. One of my fave Jamie Oliver veggie recipes involves wrapping a heap of beetroots (whole) in alfoil, with olive oil (of course), minced garlic and a splash of balsamic and then roasting them whole. Mmmm, well we could do it like that for the family and chuck one or two in the blender for our bubs I guess.

The ones I have are too big to do anything like that with them. You can do nice warm beetroot salads too with the balsamic.

YUM MD I am going to roast a few of them for Noah this weekend. Could I chop and roast them in a dish with other root veg do you think or do i need to wrap them in foil? It doesnt matter either way but i thought maybe i would roast them with some sweet pot and or carrots and then mash for N. Lucky bub he is.
    Think i will knock off soon, I am so tired from this cold and wanto to go get my little man!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast