Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #28

so i finally work up the courage to tell dp that i am having trouble coping and what does he do? typical male starts talking about himself!! i am so angry right now and another horrible night with asha really dosnt help grrrr

MD - what settling techniques did they talk about at that seminar? I'm still in amazement at the fact they are supposed to eat a cup of food only 30 minutes after having a milk feed!

Noni, Please don't let your DP being self-absorbed stop you from getting some help. What about your doctor? Hope you have a better night tonight with Asha

Cally, I am shocked by the whole cup of food too. I thought their tummies were only as big as their fists?

hi everyone
    HUGS Noni - that is good that you told Dp how you are feeling. I am sorry he didnt react the way you were hopingbutperhaps heneeds to absorb what you said? I hope so. Do you think you could talk to your GP? Sorry you had another bad nigth sleep - this is the norm here at the moment though last night he did sleep like a champ! that hasnt happened in so long i kept going in to check him so i didnt get as much sleep as i should have.. but yay no work today so it doesnt matter too much!!!
    Sherie - thx for asking about N. he seemed a bit better yest tho was off food all day. he ate dinner and had a feed before bed and then thre up a massive load just ebfore bed. poor little man. he then slept really well though all night and ate bfast this morning... so maybe it is passing? he is napping now so i will see how he goes through the day. poor little man.
    Gracie - i didnt like that sarah from bachelor - well she was ok but not right for him. i cant wait for tonights ep. though now that DH likes it we will tape it and watch later. mistresses is great!!!
    cant wait to see how your hair looks.

ok girls better go and tidy up the bombsite that it my house...

Hi Girls,

In uni nice and early today...egad. leila was the first bub on the scene at childcare today...9am! At least she had the 3 carers all to herself and i made sure that i was really firm with them today. spelling out what she needs to eat and when and i had them make up her cot before i left. i feel a little OTT about it, but last week was a nightmare.

Noni: good on you for saying something to DP. it is the first step in acknowledging it not only to others but also to yourself. My DH did the same at first, it took him a while to realise that my 'not coping' was quite different to his. make sure you have a chat with your MACH nurse about it. even if you feel ok at the time. I did and it has helped enormously.

Agnes: LOL at the water saving washing!! i wish that were part of the plan...no just bad timing and DH's resolve to get it done. we are using cloth nappies, so there is quite a need at the end of the week...
    wow 6 teeth! that's amazing. Leila hasn't even got one yet! i check everyday and was sure after the horror weekend that she must have had one, but nup.

MD: good luck with the FDC next week. it's a big moment, but at least you know that she is being cared for by someone that isn't overworked. we are also thinking of going down the FDC line...you have to keep us posted!

On the food thing. i can kinda imagine the whole cup thing. leila eats like a horse. sometimes, i call it quits because she has chomped through 6-8 ice cube purees and a bowl of rice cereal. but then again, other days she may just eat a big lunch and dinner while brekky is skimmed over. do you guys BF before or after feeds? I am doing one before brekky and the rest after...

anyway best dash and pretend that i am doing something phd related

Clare

I took my new pill for the 1st time last night and the side- effects have come into full force this morning. I couldnt get up out of bed without heaving! I feel sooooooo so ill DH is on his way home to look after me and Rory. I dont know what is worse, constant bleeding or this sickness!

Noni - Sorry to hear about your DP not listening to your needs. Is he at work today? Like pregpan said, maybe it all needs to sink in. I find DH thinks things through at work. xxx Maybe you could write your feelings down for him to read??

Sorry for the selfish post, I really need to wash the chunky spew out of my hair and lay down!
    Last edited by reneenay; May 8th, 2008 at 11:46 AM.

ohhh renee you poor thing, sounds horrible! what pill is doing that to you? your dh is a sweetie coming home.

noni- how's everything going today? have you thought about going to see a dr?

pregpan- who do you think will go home on the bachelor tonight? i think sarah the kinder teacher, there's no spark there, she has no sex appeal, well not to me anyway! LOL

cally- have you watched east of everything yet? i'm dying to talk to you about it...

clare- how many days a week are you at uni? are you at melb uni?

Hi Girls,

Renee- I hope you are feeling better soon.
    Noni- I hope Asha sleeps for you tonight.
    Clare- Sometimes you have to spell it out to them. I faxed them Olivias timetable and made them put it up so everyone could see what she does during the day.
    Pregpan- Well done Noah on Sleeping last night

Well all is good today no speeding tickets so far.. hehehehehehehe. Kids are all great too and so is DH.

Have a great day.

Hello again girls,

Leanne: I'm glad you mentioned about the childcare - at least i am not alone! leila had a pretty bad fall today there and i had to sign off on an incident form. they had her in the bigger babies room when it happened WTF?!! she is the youngest bub there so i wasnt impressed. she has a big red mark on her head the poor thing.

Renee: Jeez girl, that doesnt sound like too much fun. glad DH is coming home and looking after you! did the dr say that the side effects could be pretty nasty?

Gracie: Yeah i am at uni melb. i go in 3 days a week. it's a nice amount of time and i still get to hang out with the mums in group!

best be off!

Clare

Gracie - yes I have watched it! I was glad they saved it from demolition and that he and Eve look like getting together at the end.

Renee - you poor thing. Hope you are feeling better soon. Are you brave enough to take that pill again or are you going to give it a miss?

Noni - maybe DH just needed to process what you said during the day. Try and talk to him again about it tonight.

Pregpan - hope N is feeling better this afternoon.

Hello everyone! I'm sitting inside my playpenned computer area now LOL. The playpen is actually quite teensy so there's not much room to move in here, but now all the cords are safely out of reach so I can at least walk out of the family room for a minute or two at a time.

Cally, I'm still not sure about Mdme Sleep Clinic's recommendations, either. It does seem like an awful lot of food, especially after a feed. DH shooshed E back to sleep at 6am, we were in a hurry this morning so I stuffed some brekky into E, we went out to this group and she finally had her first boobie of the day. Except it had been a while so it was a Mega Boobie, then she proceeded to posset all over the play area, toys, other children, the lady who was holding her etc etc. LOL Bit too full I think! I'm not planning to do away with the night feeds either, before midnight & after 5 am seems reasonable to me. Anyway, it was light on settling techniques - but basically about doing controlled crying/comforting (whatever you call it). They have this settling flow chart, which didn't actually work for us, because E wouldn't go from being calm and relaxed and sleepy to actually sleeping, or she would sleep but wake again 5,10,15,20 mins later and I'd be back at the start of the flow chart again. They also had a comforted sleeping solution for older children, which is the one Super Nanny Jo does, where you stay next to their bed until they are asleep and each night you move another couple of inches further away until you're outside the door. But not applicable for our bubs ages.

Clare I meant to say, the CC sound pretty slack, you will have to be firm with them, and if they don't improve make a time and speak to the manager. I've had minor examples of the same thing when DD1 was in child care on an occasional basis. It's like she was less demanding than others and so got "missed".

Leanne, LOL you naughty speedster. I got pulled over once for doing 78 clicks in a 60 zone, I don't know if it was because I'd never had a ticket or maybe he just thought I was pretty but he let me off with a warning! hehehe my DH was spewing cos he always gets booked for really dumb things!

Noni, I'm sorry to hear your DP was not supportive when you talked to him. Sometimes men are pretty dense about these things, even when they should know better. Is there someone else you could talk to, like your new friend down the road or your MACH nurse?

Renee, aaah, sooo glad my pill days are over! You poor thing. Do you think some ginger might help? I was soo pleased to hear your auntie doesnt have cancer, what a relief for everyone!

Gracie I will be thinking of you tomorrow when you go for the big chop. Can you keep your hair and give it to one of those charity wig people? (I've never had long enough hair for that).

Pregpan, glad N is feeling a bit better. You must be heaving a sigh of relief that another week's work is over!

Arte, I just wanted to say try not to worry about your supply too much, the boobs start self-regulating after a few months, and they're a lot more efficient at producing without any engorgement, etc. In fact, the baby's sucking starts to directly stimulate the breast tissue without a biochemical mssg having to go to the brain at all. Its like your boobs get their own brain LOL. I was just thinking how I really need to get a new set of mat bras, just cos the ladies have reduced in size, though I'm still getting gallons of milk. If you have any other supply concerns, just try a top up feed an hour later or even squeeze another feed in somewhere if you can.

Well E had a lovely time at the group I went to this morning, further confirming that now is a good time to get her into FDC. There were two other bubbas there, one a month older and one a month younger and it was quite funny to see E was exactly halfway between the other two in what she's doing LOL! They kept taking toys off each other, but neither were upset about it, it was a crackup!
    Last edited by AnyDream; May 8th, 2008 at 03:47 PM.

hi md- thanks for thinking of me tomorrow! your hair needs to be 8 inches to give to cancer charity and mine is nowhere near that long unfortunately.

cally- do you think lizzie will end up with the guy with the horse? i love vance

clare- i used to go to melb uni. the childcare there sounds very dodgy. i would not be happy at all!

leanne- well done on no speeding!

hi all in a rush so havent read posts yet but Noni you asked for fish recipe - i have just added a whole heap of recipes to the section here on BB so have a look there if you like. xxx

Sorry I have been a bit slack with the posts this week girls, i've been working on a massive essay for uni.

Re: Solids - we are still pureeing everything up finely, Maddie doesnt like chunky bits at all. I guess I have to start offering them though and trust the gag reflex more, scary. Also I offer solid feeds before milk feeds. Is this wrong? She still has 4 180 - 240 bottles every day and is still a chubby thing? She still wont eat fruit, she acts as if its sour but it tastes so yumo to me lol.

Firstly, Renee - That is excellent news for your Aunty, what a relief that must be. Still cant believe they made her wait that long, while the doctor was enjoying his holiday!? I cant imagine how she must have been feeling not knowing.

Pregpan - You little champion, I'll be checking out your recipes. I've only got pumpkin, carrot & sweet potato cubes left in the freezer so I desperately need to get into some serious pureeing. She doesnt seem to mind eating the same thing every night though lol.

Clare - I often have the same problem with the uni creche, I put it down to them not seeing Maddie often enough as shes only there one day a wk for 3 hrs. Whereas at the childcare she attends when I work they are great now, they understand what she needs. However if Leila is there 3 days surely they'd have her figured out by now? Thats bad about the fall!!! I've found at creche they tend to give her the two bottles (I pack two for just in case even though she only needs one in the duration she is there) within the 3 hrs and she is spewing all the way home lol. We still have no toothy pegs here either.

Noni - So sorry that your DP didnt take you seriously. Like the others have suggested, maybe you should see a doctor?

Gracie - I'm excited about your hair cut!!! Wish a style like that would suit me.

Ahhh theres so much I want to say but I'll have to come back, Maddie has woken and needs my urgent attention hehe

I was running the bath tonight and DH was getting K undressed down on the floor. I heard all this terrible commotion from him and went running out thinking that she'd done a huge poo, there was a big spider or something terrible like that. Turns out that she'd pinched his 'bits' (apparently she just reached forward and grabbed him through his track pants)!! I picked her up and he just started rolling on the floor - very funny I must admit. Apparently I'm in charge of undressing now!!

MD - Seems crazy to me that QE2 doesn't do controlled crying and yet the sleep seminars are recommending it. Our MACH nurse told us to do it because 'that's what you'll be doing at sleep school anyway so why not try beforehand'. Sounds like they could do a bit more education of the MACH nurses.

Hayley - I'm almost out of cubes too. I seem to have lost my sweet potato ones, I could have sworn I had a bag of them and they seem to have gone missing and I know she didn't eat them. Need to do some more cookups.

Gracie - Definitely, Lizze and Dale seemed quite similar to me so I think they'll end up together. Good luck with the hair cut tomorrow.

I fed K tonight and she wasn't very interested in her dinner (tasted good to me, carrot, potato and zucchini with cheese). I was a bit annoyed because it was 4 cubes worth and she'd eaten less than 1. So I offered some yogurt which she guzzled down. Then when she was sitting on the floor 5 minutes later I tried again with the vegies and she ate almost all of them!! So I don't know whether the yogurt reminded her that she likes solids or whether she just didn't want to be in the highchair. I also had her sucking properly from the sippy cup with the valve in which I was pretty happy about - in the past all she's used it for is to chew on the spout!

Marydean & everyone else in Canberra, hope you are rugged up, just saw on the news that its 2 degrees there tonight!

LMAO!!!!! Cally that is hillarious!!!!! Well done on the sippy cup we are still working on that one. The dinner sounds yumo. I so want to try cheese in Maddies veges but after my last attempt at the cauliflower cheese with cows milk and cheese, which made her rashy and irritable, I'm too scared!

MD - Glad to hear you and E had a nice time at your mums group today. I'm glad it gave you a bit of confidence with starting her in FDC. The sleeping/settling tips you've been talking about sound great, though I'm not looking forward to the age where we have to use the Jo Frost tip and slowly inch out of the room!

Pregpan - Forgot to ask if Noah is seeming a bit better now?

Agnes - Cant believe how many teeth Will has so far!

Leanne - Big bummer about the speeding ticket, you naughty thing you hehe.

This week Maddie has started saying da da da & ba ba ba and every now and then a random dad is thrown in. Well it sounds like dad anyway. How do you know whether its just babbling because to me it sounds that way, but DP insists its definately dad. He say's i'm being a party pooper lol so now I say yes its dad and spend a lot of my day's saying dad dad dad da da da to her! Anyway its gorgeous listening to her say it and my two younger sisters cannot believe it.

Hope I havent missed anyone out (though I probably have!!) I'm still working on this darn essay so best get back to it.

Oh Hayley you reminded me. Three days ago E said Dada followed a few minutes later by Mumma. (not in context at all of course) but now she's babbling properly! Which is pretty exciting!

Also I was ROFL at Cally's DH's injuries! Haha he was definitely not nimble enough!

Also I LOL'd at Cally's shortage of frozen ice cube food. We're having the same thing here since DH has been feeding E every night, polishing off whole bagfuls of stuff and only just said to me, there's nothing left (!) Ummm... could've told me a coupla days before we ran out!!! Since then he's demolished nearly my entire stock of emergency jar food as well. Will have to do a shop and a cook up tomorrow.

Evening everyone! Having a crappy run on the computer - have no idea what is going on with it.

Was out today - the car needed a service so we (Paige, Alister and I) were out most of the day. I got a few bargains for Alister though - a pair of leather sandals from target for $4 and a slazenger jumper for $8. With the food, Alister is having more than what will fit in a tupper snack cup now so we are using bowls. He will have that twice a day now, so I think it would be not quite a full cup. I offer breakfast about 1.5hrs after his first milk feed of the day and then he sleeps for about 1.5hrs, then another milk feed around 11-11.30am, then another milk feed at 1-2pm, then another sleep for 1.5hrs and then a solid feed at 3.30pm, then two more milk feeds. He will have a big appetite like Lindsay did I think. The girls ate like sparrows until they were a lot older.

Alister babbles away too and it sounds like he is talking to himself and having a real converstation LOL. No discernable words yet apart from bub and bye. He is getting quite adept at finding places in the house he isn't supposed to be - like the laundry and bathroom - and as soon as I open the door he is in there quick as a flash.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast