Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #29

MD- Thanks. I hope E sleeps a bit more for you tonight.

md- you crack me up! i love the TDE. i'm a bit scared that i'm going to win the one on ebay and then i have to actually PAY for it itkwim???

leanne- wow your boys sound beautiful. i bet they're going to be best mates for life and i bet they'll always look out for their mum! oooohh how sweet

Leanne, thanks for sharing your wonderful story! I also feel so blessed and thankful to God everday for W. What lovely boys you have. At least you have less problems since they cant disguise as one another (as other twins often do) LOL. Btw W was crawling backwards for ages, he just started crawling foward last week.

Gracie, i am still waiting for sale/bargain, otherwise i will be bidding next tou you lol

MD, hope the treatment works and E sleeps well tonight

Went to the nurse and W is on 3rd percentile for head circum. Do I need to worry? I tried using the BF charts and its the same. His height and weight also dropped to 25 percentile

Also a quick quest, W keeps scratching himself during the night. Does exzema make the skin itchy? Any suggestion to prevent the scratching? Tried mittens, but they keep falling off from his hands.

Thanks!

Agnes, our Williams must be very similar in size - my W is under the 5th percentile for head circumference and the 25th for weight too lol I am not worried, I have a small head so I guess he gets it from me.

MD, thanks for the tip about the rice milk, but it isn't what he drinks - I have no delivery method. He will drink sips of water from a sports sipper bottle but only a couple of mouthfuls at a time and it spills everywhere. DH has tried to settle him but it escalates very quickly to distressed crying because he wants me. At least I feel needed lol

Gracie, I forgot to tell you re the dyson: I cleaned the floors with our old cleaner and DH came home and commented that the floors needed cleaned so we went out and bought it. When I used it I got 14 catchers of dirt and dog hair out of the carpet! And that was straight after doing it with the old one.

Cally and MD, have a great meet up tomorrow (and someone take a camera! we wanna see pics!)

When I used it I got 14 catchers of dirt and dog hair out of the carpet! And that was straight after doing it with the old one.
    OMG I'm just DYING FROM TDE now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arte have you tried the avent magic cup. It has a long soft spout (like a flat straw) and you can teach them to suck without the valve in and then put the valve back once they are sucking. I taught E to drink water from it as a part of sitting at the high chair having dinner, and then only went onto other drinks once she had the hang of it (seperates it from the association of trying to give something when they only want boobie). I'm sure you've tried lots of diff cups and things now, so tell me to shut up if you want!

ETA Gracie meant to say well done on dragging the portacot out! How long was L happy to play in there? I usually only get 10 - 25 mins out of E but usually that's all we need. I think she kind of likes having a cosy little spot of her own, just as long as she can see me!
    Last edited by AnyDream; May 20th, 2008 at 04:17 PM.

i like that portacot idea, might try it - though at the moment N is ok and doesntmove around much - well he rolls but not that fast. plus i shove himin his 'office' (exersaucer) if i need to... but i like the idea!
    Have a great meet up MD and Cally - shame i cant join you but I have to work...I hope you have a great time!

stop you guys!!!! i have TDE so bad now i can't control it!!!
    arte- after reading your post i feel like just buying one behind dp's back and keeping it hidden in the cupboard so i don't get in trouble. i'm desperate!!!

last check i'm still winning the one on ebay but i have a feeling i'm going to get outbid. if so, i think i might sneak down to the good guys on friday and just buy one. i've just cleaned the whole house except the floors cos i just don't want to waste my time with my stupid old useless vacuum anymore. i've got in my head that i'm not going to do the floors till i get a dyson. i've turned into such a bridgette! (spoilt demanding brat) lmao!!

md- lewis was in the portacot for about 20 mins or so. i have it set up right next to my computer so i'm really excited about using it more. i've put a few toys and a cute blanket in there. i think it's a great idea and when he's in it he can see me and the dog lying in her bed (he looooves the dog)

agnes- i have the exact opposite problem to you- lewis' head is in the 97th percentile. he's so top heavy poor little man! what a boofhead! i'm sure it's nothinhgto worry about at all xox

LOL at you guys with Dyson envy - I'm not all that fussed with them. SIL has one and I don't think it did any better job than my vax did. Plus, the dyson doesn't do vomit does it? I love my vax for that reason LMAO - went out and brought it right after Lindsay had his first gastro bug so I could clean the lounge and the floor properly.

Agnes, At 6mths Alisters head was bang on 50%, I don't know what it would be now though. one of the girls had quite a small head circ as a baby - think it was Erin. I wouldn't worry about it, nor would I worry about his weight and height much either. Their growth evens out as they grow and he may have dropped down now, but he might pick up again kwim? With the scratching, eczema will get itchy so you could try bathing him in QV or Alpha Kerri of a night and then use a good quality moisturiser (QV does a good one) and then put a bodysuit on him so he can't scratch at it. Possibly even get a low dose cortisone cream from your chemist too. Thankfully Alisters eczema has gone now - I haven't had to put cream on in a few months now.

We've had another early night here - went down at 7.30again. He had a vegemite sandwich for dinner though LOL, he wouldn't have a bar of the dinner I made him but was quite happy to eat that.

This dyson sounds excellent! I have a $100 hunk of junk, but it does a reasonable job hehe. What is tde btw?

I'm so far behind with everyone, the past few days I feel as if I have been going non stop. So I've quickly skimmed over the posts.

Maddie's 1st tooth is still slowly coming through & she has actually been very good about it. I had expected a lot more fuss, but its already poking through with not much hassle. Maybe the worst is yet to come!? lol. The poor thing has a terrible looking rash still. I've found the nurofen to work but I'm the same as everyone else, I dont particually like giving too much medication but at the same time its heartbreaking to see them in pain.

We took Maddie to a park on the weekend and popped her on the baby swing. Well she was absolutely swamped by a group of Japanese tourists who were fascinated by her on the swing. They all held her and posed for photos. DP and I were babyless there for about 20 mins while she got passed around! They couldnt believe she has blue eyes lol.

Gracie - Did you win the dyson in the end? I'm not much into my teaching degree, and I'm only doing one unit so I havent done any pracs yet. Its seriously going to take me 10 years to complete and this rate.

Leanne - Such a lovely story, you are truly blessed with your beautiful family.

Sherie - Ouch Alister's gums sound very painful!

Arte - So DH gave you a hard time about the 'dirty' floors so you got revenge by buying a dyson!? Love it! Cant believe what the nurse said to you, they really know how to make us mothers doubt ourselves and fill our heads with worry. I hope it went in one ear and out the other.

Agnes - Men and cars....dont get me started. My DP is a car fanatic and it doesnt help that he works in the car industry. Will sounds so cute with his car toy! Also have you trimmed Will's nails? I often find Maddie has a good scratch during the night if her nails are getting long, so when trimmed she doesnt do much damage. Does Will have excema too? It does tend to get a bit itchy. The doctor can prescribe cortisone cream which clears it up really well, but I barely use it apparently its not a good thing to use too often.

I feel a bit slack not getting to personals for you all, but hello to all you other lovely ladies. I hope you are all doing well and bubs are letting you get a decent sleep! I need to go to bed, i'm exhausted and i'm even going to miss my beloved ladette to lady!

've just cleaned the whole house except the floors cos i just don't want to waste my time with my stupid old useless vacuum anymore
    LMAO Gracie, it was that exact attitude that got me a dyson!

Haley, TDE is Total Dyson Envy lol, seems to be a common complaint in this thread. Funny what excites the Japanese tourists isn't it - DH and I worked on an orchard during summer at uni and his job was bird shooting. The orchard had a big shop that the tourist buses stopped at and when they were there DH would walk past with the gun over his shoulder and they would all duck and scream and then start taking pictures. I wasn't worried about what the nurse said, I am just upset because I need help and there is no one to help me.

Sherie, I am a first time mum and so I can live in my self-deceiving bubble - I won't need to clean up puke from the carpet because if W happens to get sick (very unlikely) he will politely spew into a sick bowl lol

MD, I haven't seen avent around here, but we are pretty isolated so I might look next time we are in a bigger town (have to go on a mission to get W a pair of shoes this weekend). Hope the osteopath works, sounds promising!

My potential new friend arrives this weekend. Our neighbour has moved from South Africa and his wife is coming to join him. They have a little one year old girl so I have offered to take them to my playcentre. DH and the dad work together and he seems really nice.

Better go have a shower while I can

arte - i hope she is lovely - how handy to have a new friend right next door!!!
    i had to laugh at your thoughts around W spewing - I meant to say N was so good only spewed on tiled areas of house last week!!! V happy w that!!
    Hayley - LOL at the tourists taking pics of maddie!!! She must have been wondering who all these new friends were!
    Nothing new to report here, so glad my working week willbe over tonight! DH also has tomorrow off (and he doesnt work fridays anymore - daddy daycare day!) so we have a 4 day weekend. YAY!

Oh Arte, make the most of living in that bubble - because it will burst sooner or later LMAO. Lindsay is a shocker - he won't spew in a bucket for some reason and would rather do it on the floor or wherever if he doesn't make it to the loo in time *yuck*.

Hayley, I suppose they don't see blue eyes in Japan apart from tourists/westerners etc. How cute that they all wanted a cuddle though, was she OK with that?

Alister had another somewhat reasonable sleep last night. I actually think the teething has settled for now as he doesn't seem quite as irritated as he was a few days ago.

Thanks all for the encouragement on the charts. It does bother me sometimes cause 3 percentile seems a bit low. Guess I shouldnt be worried, as long as he is healthy and happy.
    His exzema can be really bad when teething (the thing is he is teething all the time!!!) and the dr even gave me some strong steroid based cream for when its really bad. I am still using cortisone cream and sorbolene quite regularly but he still scratches. Usually in the morning we can find some dry blood on his neck or ears from the scratching

Sherie, thanks. I only bath him with almond oil (and sometimes gaia). I think I need stronger moisturizer (I only used sorbolene) so i will buy the qv one. He has outgrown all his bodysuits, thx for reminding me, I need to get some for winter. Glad to hear A slept well last night.

Arte, probably there is something about the name lol Yay on the new friend

Gracie, did you win the bid? Sending some dyson vibes lol The portacot sounds great

Hayley, LOL at the tourist, I can totally picture that I am sure that must be because Maddie is so cute and lovely that they want to take photos with her. I trim his nails every week, they grow so fast! Even with short nails, he does a lot of damage to his skin lol. Did you end up watching the show? Probably tape it next time

Pregpan, yay on the holiday

Hi to everyone else

Hi Girls,

MD& Cally - Enjoy your meet up today.
    Pregpan- Enjoy your 4 day family weekend. Yippeee
    Art- Thats great about your neighbour. How was W last night?
    Sherie- Good to see you got some sleep last night.

Well I went out for dinner last night with some girl friends. So weird not having DH or the kids around but nice too cause I was able to eat dinner with out it going cold for once.

Well better go Talk soon

Sherie - She was in a really good mood so she had lots of smiles for the tourists. She seemed to love the attention...uh oh. OH NO I hope Maddie doesnt spew on the floor but maybe I am living in a bubble as well lol.

Arte - Oh I hope your neighbour is nice!! Would be great to have a friend right next door.

Leanne - Glad you enjoyed your night out with the girls.

Agnes - I know I am constantly trimming her nails too. Bummer that the cortison cream and sorbolene isnt working. I hope the QV moisturiser does. & yes I did end up watching ladette to lady but I am so tired this morning haha.

Pregpan - Enjoy your 4 day weekend with DH at home, you lucky thing.

waaaaaa i was in the middle of this huuuge poast and my comp crashed ahhh how annoying!!
    haley - how cute maddie with all the tourists!! lol asha spews on the floor alot already not a good start lol..
    leanne - your dinner sounds nice i am jelous!!
    agnes - ashas teething what seems like all the time too shes only got two teeth so far though..
    sherie - is the vax like a shampooing thing? i really want one of those even though we only have one room thats carpet lol the carpet is filthy!!! sorry about the facebook chat thingo i have no idea whats going on with my computer at the moment..
    pregpan - what a good boy only spewing on the tiles!! enjoy your 4 day weekend
    arte - hope your potential friend is really nice!! ive got a friend just up the road now n its nice when i bother to be social lol i am sooo lazy!!!
    anyway better go as the comp just did something really weird and i dnt wanna lose this post as well sorry to anyone i missed will be back later

*squeals in delight* The magical mystical weleda powder arrived today in the mail LOL. I think I will be shattered if it doesn't work.

LOL Noni, I thought it was a problem on my end - fb froze on me so I closed it and went to bed. Yep the vax does the carpet shampooing and its been worth its weight in gold - not only for the vomit but all the other spills and mess that comes with kids too.

Leanne, what I wouldn't give to have a hot meal LMAO.

Agnes, aqueous cream is really good too, quite heavy and not that easily absorbed by the skin, so it stays moist for longer than using normal stuff. It is cheap as chips from the chemist.

Hayley, I wanted to watch ladette to lady too, but got sidetracked on here LOL.

Pregpan, thats great DH is home for 4 days now. Definately book Noah in for daddy day care and do something nice for yourself.

hi everyone
    am still in the middle of catching up on everyone's posts, but just wanted to post before i pop out to pick the girls up from school/kindy
    agnes - if you google 'exzema breastfed babies ' and go to the link at fedupwithfoodadditives, it has some interesting fact sheets. It also has a fact sheet on night waking which i found interesting.

will pop back on tonight while the state of origin is on.
    i just ordered a head bumpa for Hannah. She is always pulling herself up on things, and often falls and bangs her head on the tiles, so hopefully this will keep her little brain safe.
    noni - hannah had the oral thrush at the end of last year. I was giving her some drops at the time, but i can't remember what they were called. I hope Asha's clears up soon (if it hasn't already)
    sherie - that food you've made for A sounds fabulous. I'm thinking of climbing my pile of ironing and sticking a flag in the top!!!
    Katie - great to see you again - (i have some questions to ask you about giving birth on the gold coast.)
    md - i'm glad your visit went well yesterday - i hope you end up a 'true believer'.
    bbl

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast