Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #29

Morning everyone,

Arte to you, I think that is terrible advice (no offence to anyone who uses controlled crying). You have not done anything wrong, you should get the plunket nurse to read the science of parenting. Everything I have read or heard says that milk is the most important thing in their diet until they are 12 months old and that food is about fun and exploration at this age. I am sorry I have no advice on how to get Will to sleep I really hope he grows out of it. Please don't doubt yourself as a mummy, you are a fantastic mum and Will is thriving and meeting all his milestones.

Noni can you change Asha on the floor? Or is she like Logan and rolls away lol.

MD that chicken sounds yummo, when are we coming over for dinner???

Gracie I started a thread about the pregnant "man" on here somewhere. I love lazy days on the couch.

I will try and get back on for some more personals later, Logan is demanding that I come and play with him lol. Oh I meant to ask does anyone else's bubs throw tantrums when they are told "no"? Logan has been chucking some great ones, cany wait for terribles twos....NOT! lol.

Oh Arte, so even NZ isn't immune from crappy, dodgy MHCN Try to put it all out of your head what she is saying and pretend it never happened - you are doing the best thing for Will already.

Marydean, I went to the weleda website and searched their list of stockists and went with the only one who had an online shop - some hippy place in Byron Bay LMAO.

Gosh I can't remember what else was said now and I only just read it all.

Still no tooth, but we only had three wakeups *does the happy dance* so am feeling pretty rested today. He even went to bed at 7.30 last night - a whole hr earlier than normal - not sure if that had something to do with it? Anyway, we still have nasty teething poos and I think he has even lost a little bit of weight from them as they are really big and nasty ones.

And yes, I did get all the washing done too. Today's job is to fold, iron and put it all away.

hi everyone
    sorry I have been MIA!!!Life has been, as always, extremely hectic... the good news is that N is a lot better, he is pretty much back to normal - I am just being careful what i feed him still but he is back to his happy self. I caught the damn gastro from him so had a few days feeling pretty awful myself... and then yest I had to go to melb for work.. so I have hardly had time to breathe!! Anyway wanted to pop on and let you all know he is ok and so am I. Thanks so muh for all your support last week - I know I was whingeing and worried and you all made me feel a lot better!
    I have skimmed the thread - sorry I forget a lot of the personals. But I did want to say I use the weleda teething powder and it is good. One tip - you can mix it and they can drink it but you can also make it into a paste and massage into the gums which i find works even better. that reminds me looks like N is getting tooth no 5, so after we got over the gastro (well after he did) we had 2 nights of screaming from the gum pain!!!

Morning Girls,

Pregpan- I am glad N is getting better and I hope you recover soon. Wow Tooth No. 5 coming.
    Sherie- Glad you got all your washing done. Bummer on the tooth not though yet.
    Katie- Yep Olivia did crack tanties but I just ignore her and now she has stopped. AS for the terrible two's for me it's when they are neally 3. OMG my boys are crazy some days.
    ART- Dont worry too much what that women said your a wonderful mummy and are doing the right thing. You are right they will grow out of it.

good morning

arte- i agree with everyone else- that is terrible advice and it is in no way at your fault. you are doing an amazing job and meeting all of will's needs and you will be rewarded for it by a happy, independant and secure child. it is hard now, but like clare said the other day 'this too, shall pass'. i've stopped going to my mchn cos she kept telling me that everything was my fault and that i'm some weird hippy living up in the trees with my baby in my bed. when i need advice i come on here now where i know i'll be supported.

leanne- i don't know how you do it with the twins and olivia. i have a hard enough time looking after lewis and the dog!

sherie- lewis did a 'teething poo' this morning and i thought of you! lmao. it was gross. he hasn't done of those for weeks. do you think it means one's on the way?

pregpan- glad to hear noah is doing so much better. you're such a jetsetter atm. did you find melbourne absolutely freezing? it is sooo cold here atm.

katie- yes we have tantrums here- usually over the car keys. lewis loves to grab them off me when we go somewhere but then refuses to give them back when i need them to drive!

here i am again... you can tell i am not v motivated at work atm hey!! Gracie - yep it was COLD in melb yest, though i must say it is colder here... it was -3 when i was on my way to the airport...
    also wanted to say the weleda nappy rash cream is also lovely.
    are all your bubs crawling? N isnt!!!

Pregpan, did you buy the Weleda powder locally? Where do I find it? So glad N is much better, what a relief, crummy that you caught the gastro too though.

Arte - oh you poor thing, keep Will well away from that MACH nurse, wont you?! That sounds like a really extreme way of doing Controlled crying. The way they teach it here is you settle first 2-10 mins (in their bed) then you go out for 2 mins, then come back and settle, then out for 4 mins, etc, gradually inching up to 10 mins (or less if that's all you can handle). They say to persist for 45 mins then abandon if it's not working. Cally was taught an even milder way of controlled comforting, which meant that K was never left to get distressed. If W is feeding frequently over night, you could try offering him some extra feeds in the day time, and then at night time send DH in to settle him with a drink (rice milk is sweet like BM). Not necessarily all night (you can still give a late feed around 10-11 and then feed again 5-6 am) but at least then you'd be getting a decent stretch of 5-6 hours. We did this with DD1 when she was about 11 mths old because she went from being settled most of the night to getting up four or more times, and it worked in about 10 days. If she got distressed at any time or didn't settle after about half an hour of cuddling/rocking, DH would bring her in for a 'real feed'. It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job of caring for W, I'm just worried about how well you are coping and whether you need any more strategies to look after yourself. xxx Have you read "The no cry sleep solution" by Elizabeth Pantley? She has some suggestions which you can follow gently and over an extended time which might help.

I don't know what to think about teething any more. It's been "on" for months here. She started with the gallons of spit again yesterday afternoon, but I'm having trouble working out which teeth might be coming thru. Does anyone else's bub have lumps where the canines will come thru? Does that mean that's the next teeth she'll get? I'm confused, DD1 obeyed all the 'rules' and cut teeth in the correct order with a minimum of fuss (3-4 days of grizzling for each tooth). She also slept when she was supposed LOL but since then has been a contrary Mary in every way.

Katie, you tell me when you're coming and I'll break out the drumsticks LOL. Yep Bettybubs cracks it big time when she's eating anything and thinks you've taken it away (like if she drops her rusk, or loses her spoon, she thinks it's gone and screams and thrashes) LOL. The FDC lady said yesterday "Well she sure has a set of lungs on her" PMSL! DD1 could scream like that and I am not looking forwards to the triple-header tantrums we used to get.

Gracie, yep that's right you're a foxtel watching net surfing hippy LMAO. I'm surprised those MACH nurses don't get slapped by mothers on a regular basis.

Sherie, it must've been a good night for it, E only got up TWICE! I actually got up in the middle of the night and went looking for her I was so unaccustomed to sleeping!

md i bought it at rose organics in bungendore. i did get the ladies card she said she is often in canberra so can drop stuff up or can post it to you - pm me if you want her details. she has all the weleda stuff (and lots of other nice things). i was wondering if the health food shop at griffith might stock it too? will look next time i am there (though i guess that isnt so close to you, you are in tugg yeah). i think N may be getting a canine. woof woof here too LOL!

Marydean, here is a list of the canberra stockists of weleda products Weleda Australia - Stockists: A.C.T. are any of those close to you?

Pregpan, great to hear that Noah is well again, it seems like it will never end somedays. Bummer about you getting it too.

Gracie, LOL at him not giving you the keys.

Have been super efficient this morning and have several different preserves for Alister on the go - have apple and mixed berries, plain apple and carrot, pumpkin & apple. Just waiting for the jars to sterilise before I bottle it and then put it in a boiling water bath to seal them. I am just going to do 4 jars to see if it works - don't want to do a whole batch and have the jars not seal again (heinz baby food jars) If it doesn't work I will just freeze it all.

Thanks guys

MD, I will have a look at that book, it isn't that bad I guess and it won't last forever

Clare, I also have two baby teeth still. They are the first molars, but I have no adult teeth under them. Apparently one day they will get wriggly and fall out. The dentist said they can do something called bridging, not sure what it is but it sounds expensive. They are horrible, filled with fillings and always get new holes because they aren't made to be used for this long lol. At least I have no wisdom teeth though.

Noni, is Asha feeding more now that she has the thrush treated? I change W on the couch most of the time now, I just lay him longways and sit by his feet to save bending over. You could also change her from kneeling (I am assuming it is the bending that is hurting your back?)

Pregpan, glad N is feeling better. Is your DH back yet? W only started crawling last week, I don't even think it is a real crawl, he uses one foot and then drags the knee. Don't worry about it, W never rolled on the floor or commando crawled, they all do things at such different paces.

Katie, W has started having little tanties if I take things off him. He always wants to go outside and has started crying when we come back inside.

Sherie, teething poos don't sound very nice, luckily W didn't do anything scary when he got his teeth.

Playcenter today, it is really good to get out of the house (for both of us).
    Last edited by Artechim; May 20th, 2008 at 01:11 PM.

My friends baby is 32weeks prem. He is out of the hossy now. He was born about a month ago but we couldnt visit them earlier because first W was sick, then DH and I were sick too. Shaun (the baby) is such a cutie, he has an olive coloured skin.
    Just got confirmation that our insurance will cover everything, what a relief! And they might pay for a new carseat too.
    The other day I gave W a new toy to play with, a car softoy (from that movie CARS) and he absolutely loves it, he giggled the first time he saw it. What is it with men and cars! even as a baby they know their stuffs lol

MD, I agree everything tastes better if it has more junk in it, like fat sugar caffeine cream! LOL at TDE (plus the 'see above' instruction).
    W is also teething again, I think the last bottom incisor is appearing (now he has 4 at the top and 3 at the bottom). I've seen some lumps on the molars area for months now but idk if its a real teething sign.

Arte, hus to you! I think you definitely need to have some rest and me-time for your self. It will give you more energy, plus a well rested mum makes for a happy baby. Would you mum be able to take care of W for a little while? I was really exhausted before and when my W started to adjust in daycare I felt a bit better in terms of having sometime for myself (though the guilt is still there). On sleeping, I think you've done the right thing in following your instinct, lots of books and research have long supported attachment parenting. i hope the night waking is just a phase and it will soon pass.

Noni, for oral thrush make sure you are using daktarin oral gel (not just the usual daktarin). Actually taking probiotics can help too. But idk if babies at Asha's age can take probiotics, though if i'm not mistaken bellybelly sells probiotic that can be used for babies. Hope it clears up soon!

Katie, so nice to hear from you. Ikwym, our babies sure know how to express their feelings now dont they

Cally, hope you are enjoying the times at your parents and K is drinking well again.

Sherie, you make me want to buy the weleda powder now lol. Hhmm your preserves sounds yummy and healthy.

Leanne, you must feel really blessed with three wonderful babies. From what I've heard, IVF process can be really stressful.

Gracie, I've been thinking about buying dyson for quite sometime, wasnt exactly sure because of the price. Now reading all the posts here really makes me want to buy it soon LOL

Clare, have fun at the family visit

Prepan, so glad N is better. Its just not fun, isnt it being sick but need to take care of a sick baby. Hope you are ok now.
    Last edited by spring_ag; May 20th, 2008 at 01:18 PM.

Oh Art Honey. I am so sorry to hear you are having a rough time ATM. Does W have a blanket or spew rag to hug when he is going to sleep? I know that I had problems with my boys putting them to bed in there cots as I use to rock them to sleep straight after a bottle. Of course it became a joke trying to do it with 2 of them so the day come when we said right thats enough and then it was bottle, play shower then we just put them in there cots. At first it was really hard cause they cried and I just kept going in every couple of minutes to pat them and put the dummy back in and then eventually they went to slept. We just kept doing it night after night and then finally after what seemed like a life time (was actually a week) they just went to bed. They sort of got use to the routine. And to this day I still do Dinner, Play (for about 15 to 1/2 hr) then shower then bed. I also do the same routine with Olivia. Oh re the spew rag to hug ,when all this was going on I left it with him one night and he just put it near his face and went to sleep. He stopped using it about 1 1/2 years old and now thats how Olivia goes to sleep she hugs it and puts it on her face and when she is asleep I go in and take it off her. Sorry for the TMI just thought I would share my story as it may help you.

Oh I forgot to say to Pregpan earlier, don't worry about how he crawls - there are many different things that constitute crawling LOL - I know kids who only ever bum shuffled, some would crawl, but on their hands and feet, not hands and knees.

The food turned out great - very yummy. But the darn jars didn't seal, so my grand plan turned into a wily scheme LMAO. I have used two jars just to test it, but the rest I have just frozen for now.

Anges- we must have posted at the same time. I do feel truley blessed everyday when I see my babies. For me the IVF was like exciting and come to think of it I dont think I was stressed at all. I was totally focused and well it was actually all I cared about. I gave up smoking about 3mths prior and also gave up drinking. I never drank anything with caffine in it. I felt the best I have been. I did get upset once when It didnt work the first time. I still remember I had to fresh embies put in and 2 weeks later on Melbourne Cup day 2004 I got my Period. I let myself cry for a whole day and then after that I told my self to pull it together cause I had to get focused again cause on that day I made my appointment to go in 2 wks to get 2 frozen embies in which was my beauitful boys. So I think mainly I was excited. Because every day was like a bit closer to having a baby well and then I got 2 at once. I am actually really proud of myself too.. Sorry for TMI

Pregpan- Olivia is still not crawling forward she goes backwards. She can now go from laying to sitting. But will not go forward. Oh well.

Art- I really think you need some rest too. Can you mum or DH watch W so you can get some catch up.

md- lmao at foxtel watching hippie! it's so true
    thank you so much for giving me the best idea ever- after reading your post i went and pulled out the portacot that we've had in our cupboard for a year and has NEVER BEEN OPENED!!! and set it up in the tv room. lewis is in it right now with some toys and is loving life!! i can't wait till dp gets home and sees how smart i am!!!

leanne- finding out you were pg with twin boys would have been the most exciting thing ever!! do the boys look really different frome each other?

agnes- i am obsessed with getting a dyson- even more obsessed than what i am about getting an engagement ring i put a bid on one on ebay- dp is going to KILL me when he logs on and sees how much i've bid

sherie- you're so good making all that food. sounds yummo!

pregpan- lewis isn't crawling either....

hi all - not worried at allabout N not crawling... i was just asking as i was wondering if he was the only one who wasnt. i know they all do things ouat their own pace so no worrying on that front from me. it is v interesting hearing all the diff 'methods your babies have though!!
    sherie - your purees sound yum, shame the preserving didnt work... hope you have some room in the freezer. i am so into the goulburn valley purees now - Noah loves them! is it just strawberries you should delay? ie can they have other berries?
    i just called and got the results from dr for the poo last week - nothing was found so it is still a mystery.
    has anyone heard from queenie? i am worried about her and miss her.
    leeann - thanks for sharing your story - made my day!

Leanne, thanks for sharing your IVF story, I really admire ppl who have the courage to go down that path as it can be hard (but hopefully rewarding and you've got two beautiful boys now to prove it)!
    I hear you on keeping embies for stem cells, I believe the baby's soul can't attach to the cells until they are in the mother's body and until then they are just tissue but everyone has different ideas about that.

Sherie, thanks for that link, there's a place at Woden and as a matter of fact I will be going there tomorrow morning to meet our friend Cally! Which is very exciting. Hopefully I won't get distracted and I will remember to buy some! LOL Keep forgetting to go to the shops to get my dad's birthday present even though I've already decided what to get him. Aaaaah.

Gracie, you go girl! Let yourself go, let the TDE wash over you, I'll be so excited for you when you win your bid on ebay!!

Pregpan, sometimes the gastro is viral but they don't necc culture it long enough to get the viral results (which can take a couple of weeks). Also (TMI * TMI * TMI) it is possible to void so violently that the pathogen is absent from the sample.

Agnes, what a relief about the insurance, hope it all gets sorted out soon.

Elisabetta had another osteopathy treatment today, he explained more about what he does (it's all about the connective tissue) and I think it might be starting to work because E has been having fewer little spews and also sleeping a bit longer at a stretch (like last night). Puhlease let this work!! He said her sternomastoid (the muscle that is tight in torticollis) has a lot more give in it this week, (she's been thrashing her head less in bed) and we're going back in a fortnight so I'm hoping the changes hold. I'll let you know in three weeks time if I'm a true believer!

Hi Girls,

Gracie- We were very excited to find out we were having twins. We decided not to find out what they were till they were born as we just want another suprise plus it anoyed everyone not knowing.. hehheheheheh. They are Fraternal twins and not look anything alike. I had 2 frozen embies put in and they both took. However they are great mates and love playing and fighting with each other. Sometimes its like WWE wrestling and the next minute they are reading books together. A laugh a minute my boys are. I really dont know how I do it some days. My brain just isnt what it use to be. I still have heaps of help and DH is wonderful too. Sometimes I cry and Sometimes I laugh and sometimes I need a drink. lol. I must say having 3 under 3 is very Fun, Rewarding and very demanding and I wouldnt change it for the world.

Sherie- Your puree's sound yummy
    Pregpan- Glad you enjoyed it. I hope N sleeps well for you tonight.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast