Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #29

Having a lazy day here today, Maddie and I are still both in our pj's and its quarter to 12 whoopsie! Oh well I think we deserve it.

Sherie - Is the weleda powder for teething?

Noni - Our carpets are a mess, I am constantly vaccuming but really I need to get the carpet washing people in. I am hoping that DP gives in and lets me put down recycled timber sometime soon.

Has anyone had a go at some of the Annabell Karmel baby recipes? She has a few on her web site if anyone is interested. In some she adds in butter and salt reduced stock, what do you ladies think about that? I am also freaking out because it says between 6 - 9months you need to introduce chicken, fish & red meat, to meet their needs and to prevent a fuss eater, which I have done none of! OMG am I a bad mummy!? lol I am still having trouble getting her to eat fruit, seems to be too sweet for her. She loves bland vegies and thats about it.

Jazmum - Sorry we posted at the same time. The head bumpa sounds interesting, I've never heard of them.

Sherie - Oh yes I forgot to mention I would have never thought of mixing fruit and veges together in purees, maybe thats how I slowly get Maddie to eat fruit? I'll have to steal some of your ideas.

enjoy your lazy day Hayley - sounds great!!!! I do a lot of annabel karmel recipes -s he has some excellent ideas and so far Noah has never rejected any of them! that said he isnt sucha fussy eater!!! i wouldn't stress too much that you havent introduced meat or fish yet, as her nutrition is coming from milk... but maybe look for some ideas to intro it now?? if she is into vegies you could make some meat or fish with lots of vegies and puree it, thats how noah likes to eat fish, beef and chicken. i posted some recipes a while back that have gonbe down well here... sweet potato seems to make the puree a good consistency and make it v palatable for the little babies, and easy to digest. i make my own stock so there is no salt in it, i do add full fat no salt butter in cooking - i figured this is probably good for them?
    Jaz - what is this head bumpa??

How do you make your own stock? Do you use the bay leaf like she suggests in alot of her recipes? Maddie's quite fussy. I'm going to try make some purees this arvo with chicken & fish. What fish is best? The red meat ones will have to wait, I dont eat it myself and cant stand the sight of it lol. DP will have to make those ones. Sorry so many questions!!!!

hayley - i have her recipe book too - she is eating her 'first chicken casserole' as we speak - she loves it!! i too was wondering how you make your stock pregpan - i saw a chicken carcass in the deli the other day - just couldn't bring myself to buy it!!!
    pregpan - if you google 'head bumpa' it will take you to the website.- basically it's a padded headband designed to protect bubs heads when they fall over. (dh is going to crack a naarnie, but i'll be able to relax a little knowing that she is protected)

hi there
    hayley - yes i use lots of bay leaves, parsleyand other herbs and spices in Noah's food... i take most of the seasonings out before i puree or whatever so it isnt too strong.
    to make the stock you just boil a whole heap of bveg and a chicken carcass or pieces together slowly over a low flame... i like to make a rich veg stock - start by cooking some roma tomatoes (kind of burn them) face down in a pan, then add garlic, onion, carrot, celery, root veg (turnip, swede) water and herbs (parsley is good) - cook slowly til it turns a nice rich colour and flavour (prob about 2-3 hrs) and strain.. I make this in a huge batch and then freeze it and use it for risotto, soups and all noah's food.
    hope that helps!!!
    you could also use a commercial stock or water?

for fish, use a light white fish with no bones - i use ling which is v delicate and not too strong for a baby. for chicken i usually use thighs - more nutritious and higher iron but breasts also work well.

My gosh you are an absolute whizz in the kitchen pregpan!! By chicken carcass do you mean I can buy a cooked chicken and use the chicken on other things, then use the carcass for the stock?

I havent had the time today to do anything but we are due for a food shop tomorrow so I'll stock up on ingredients.

Jazmum - Yumo the chicken casserole sounds great!

Hey guys!

Has anyone turned around bubs car seat yet??

Hayley - LOL Maddie the superstar haha I could just imagine it! You cant blame them, she is a little cutie! Asian tourists would take photos of me at the beach when I was little because I had blonde hair. We had lots of tourist come through Cervantes!
    Dont worry I have only tried to give Rory chicken once and he didnt want a bar of it, havent tried again!

Pregpan - Nigella Lawson eat your heart out!! Jeepers Pregpan, were you a to pchef in a past life. Little Noah is living the high life LOL!

Noni - How is little Asha going now? Has her teeth popped through yet?? Did I see right, does she have thrush??

Art - Fantastic news on the potential friend!! let us know how it goes!

god im so sorry I know I have missed so many, please forgive me! Im so tired, and I slept in until 8:30!! Will be back on later to have a proper read up and reply
    xxxx
    Last edited by reneenay; May 21st, 2008 at 07:11 PM.

Just quickly jumping on before the footy starts.

Jazmum ask away, I will answer whatever I can RE giving birth on the Gold Coast. PM if it is easier.

Renee we have just turned Logans seat around, he was starting to try and lok up all the time and straining his neck.

Hayley don't freak out about not introducing meat yet. Logan has spag bol whenever we do and he occasionally has some chicken. I think food is more about bubs experimenting at this age and not so much about the nutrition IFYKWIM.

Pregpan Noah is a very lucky little boy when it comes to food.

We have had such a crap day here today. Logan didnt want to eat or sleep today all he wanted to do was scream. In the end I gave him some panadol and he finally had a snooze around 3.30. I was almost going to ring DH to come home and rescue me lol. I think it his teeth so fingers crossed they come through quickly, although it could be anything....it's not like he can answer me when I ask him whats wrong lol.

might be going to a shop that stocks baby behinds tmw avo to have a look.. i am becoming a cloth nappy addict lol shes using terrys during the day at home and weve now got 4 pea pods that we are using when we are out and i just started using them with a night booster for overnight coz the terrys soak through really quick and she feels wet where as the pea pods have like a fleece that draws moisture away... have had a few leaks out the side though so tonight i am gonna put a cover over it.. i think its just because with the night booster in it its a bit bulkier and i cant do it up as tight so its leaking out the legs a bit.. they are great while we are out though ive had one on her for 5 hours (was out for longer than i thought lol oops) and when i goit home and changed her she didnt even feel wet the inside when i took it out was soaked though so its obviously doing its job..might get some itti bittis too coz they are still having some specials since they were at the expo.. hehe addicted!!!
    katie - sounds like our day here asha has been so fussy and naughty lately she is driving me up the wall.. she throws a better tanty than me lol i didnt think it could be done
    renee - asha has her two bottom teeth through and yeah atm she has oral thrush poor thing.. we turned ashas car seat around at about 5 1/2mths she loves looking out the window and gets much less frustrated in the car..
    pregpan - oh i have cooking envy lol i am such a crappy cook damn it!!
    jazmum - lol that sounds cute head bumpa hehe i saw little like knee pads for crawling that i thought were cute..
    haley - yeah woodon floors are sooo much easier!! we live in a rented house so what we got is all we have lol atleast most of the house is lino and not too hard to clean not very attractive though lol..

Katie - I meant to say that I love Logan's new ticker pic. He is going to be a heart breaker one day! Ooh another teething bubba, if thats what it is? I never know at times either why Maddie gets upset!

Renee - Yep we turned ours around at 6 months and its so much easier. I forgot I have given Maddie chicken once weeks ago, but she was the same as Rory and didnt want it. Havent tried since. Its funny how Japanese tourists get excited over the smallest things, I always find them to be really lovely and gracious.

Noni - Hope the oral thrush clears up, teeth and thrush, nasty!! We have carpet and tiles, at least tiles & lino are easy to keep clean.

renee - we changed Hannah from the rear facing capsule to the forward facing car seat about a month ago. She loves being able to see what's going on and especially likes being in the middle of her big sisters.
    katie - thanks for that. My sister is 3 months pregnant and will be visiting the Gold Coast Hospital. Is that where you went? i hope Logan sleeps well for you tonight. Can't remember - does he sleep through the night?
    noni - seems like you know what you're doing with the cloth nappies. I was going to look into the modern cloth nappies originally, but with so many choices and decisions to make, it was doing my head in!!! (which is why Hannah wears Huggies) i've seen the knee pads too, but thought they might get in the way a little. I hope she doesn't mind wearing the head band, otherwise i'll have wasted $35 !!

good morning lovelies

renee- yes we have changed our car seat around and he likes it much better

pregpan- you are such a great chef, i think you should write a book and make some coin out of it!

jaz- that head band sounds like a great idea. is it a pretty one too?

well i'm almost cured of my TDE. i bought one yesterday and pick it up tomorrow night YAH!!! i'm so excited. the floors here are absolutely disgusting as i stopped doing them altogether...i'm so sick of wading through all the rubble. can't wait to get it home and try it out

lol asha was drinking her morning bottle in her bouncer, she left a bit but had finished it and was just laying there, then she sat up in the bouncer did two big burps and layed back down haha what a smarty pants!!
    jazmum - yeah it is overwhelming to start with which is why asha was in disposable for this long haha.. i started with terry flats and have progressed from there its made it a bit easier i think.. wow 35 dollars lol..
    haley - thanx i think it is clearing up now she has started to sleep a bit better, still not drinking better though

Oh my god Noni!! Im going to freak you out LOL!!!

I had a dream your mum lived at the top of my street. She was a fisherwoman and she would go away for 6 months finishing and during those 6 months you lived at her house LOL! And asha had a white cot! I was over at your house and you were making us toast (I think it was). We were talking about how great it was that we had Hayley living so close too! LOL!!! What the??

Im going to get Rory some new toys next week as he has started to grow out of the ones he got when he was born (rattles etc). Do you have any recommendations? Any toys your bub loves to play with??

Oh Hayley Target has a Fisherprice sale, buy two toys get the third for 1c!

Im off to do some pureeing
    Last edited by reneenay; May 22nd, 2008 at 11:10 AM.

renee - re toys - The cause and affect type toys are great - they push a button and something pops up. Stackable cups - so you can build a tower and they can knock it over. You can make one using a formula tin. Just cut a hole in the lid and buy some plastic pegs (i used ones that don't have any hinges) they can put them inside - or just shake the tin, or hit the lid with a wooden spoon lol. Hannah likes playing her piano too. Have you got one of those activity tables? Hannah has one and she likes to pull herself up to it and push all of the buttons. by the way - strange dream!! did you eat chocolate before you went to bed!!??
    gracie - woohoo about your vacuum cleaner. Maybe i need to buy a new vacuum cleaner to get me excited about doing housework!! lol.
    hi noni - precious little princess - sitting up to burp

Pizza & Coke LOL!! Im always having fruit-cake dreams haha

Renee, toy-wise W is loving balls at the moment. Especially a rubber one that has little nobby bits on it. He also likes an activity table and the pop up things. Outside we play with pegs in an icecream container, he loves to mash them around in there or tip them on the ground. We also gave him an old computer keyboard which is his fav at the moment.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast