Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #29

LOL Leemar. What happens to your embies if you don't want to use them?

MD, I have been looking at the inflatable bath duck. How deep is the water? Can you fit a bath seat into it? If he doesn't have the seat he spends all of bathtime trying to stand up. DH asked the manager if they could put in a shub instead of a shower box but it was a no-go because they have already paid for the shower box apparently. What a pain. They keep [email protected] on about the $100K renovation, but all we really wanted was new carpet and the rest was fine (actually better because there was a bath and sides on the deck).

hello ladies

i'm hearing you all on the mountains of washing. it seems never ending here.

it has rained all weekend, which means we have to have the dog inside the house 24/7 (she goes out to do her business but that's about it). she has no shelter outside atm cos we've ripped the whole deck off the back of the house. this creates a lot more mess as she drags cr7p in with her everytime she comes in and she's losing a crazy amount of hair atm.

we've also had the coonara fire going constantly which creates mess also as we're always dragging in wood and kindling to keep it going. the house looks like a disaster zone! sometimes i think it's so lucky we live in a really secluded area, if anyone turned up here unexpectantly i'd be too embarassed to let them in the house.

i'm getting anxious about lewis starting to crawl through all this rubble and am obsessing over getting a new vacuum cleaner. ours is just totally useless for the amount of mess we have. i think i need a full strength industrial one! after reading a thread on it i really want a dyson one. do any of you ladies know anything about these? i'm thinking of asking dp if i can get one as a (very) early birthday present

sherie- poor A's little gums. they sound so sore! have you tried the hyland's teething relief? i've got some and my friend and i tried yhem and they do numb your mouth a little.

lewis has got two fang teeth (not the front but ones next to them) and the bottom two. his front one looks really purple on the gum, do you think these means this might come through soon?

katie- great to see you back just pop in when you can hun, we understand

leanne- good luck to dh for the snip. is he anxious about it at all?

arte- i can't believe they won't let you just have a bl99dy bath! we have a good friend who is a builder who built an exquisite 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house but had trouble selling it cos he didn't put a bath in. i hope it all works out for you

md- how's gorgeous E going? so are you counting down the days till you (hopefully) get to return to the city of churches? is it definite yet?

noni- hope little asha's thrush is clearing up ok

hayley- how's uni going? have you done teaching rounds yet?

renee- i thought of you last night when i was watching big brother- i think that the brickie 'rory' is a bit cute. not as cute as your little rory of course

hope everyone else is having a great day.

Hi Girls,

Just a quick one for me as I am at uni...

Gracie: LOL about your puppy dog!! Stella is also driving us mad with hair loss and muddy paws!! She doesn't understand why we freak out when she comes barrelling down the hall towards us, spraying water and mud all up the walls...(she's also 50kgs, so there's alota dog to go round lol).
    We have a Dyson and they are frikkin awesome. DH really wanted it and so off we went and we havent looked back. i cant recommend it highly enough. especially for pet hair and caked in baby food on the floor.
    and yes, i too think rory from big brother is on the cute side...although he comes across as a bit of a cad..

Sherie: the teething tip is great. i am off to buy some. i have used the brauer stuff as well. i am still hoping it works. after homeopathy helped me fall pg i am a bit of a convert LOL! I might have to try some out on myself as i have a crazy adult tooth trying to push through my baby tooth (yep, still have one of the old milk ones...egad). so off to the orthodontist in the next couple of weeks...looks like braces are in order...aarrrrrhhhhhhhggggg!

Noni: how's Asha feeling now that the thrush treatment has started? I hope it clears fast for her.
    Also, you are so awesome for using cloth at night!! I am still too weak and use disposables at night. although i do use the 100% biodegradable ones so i feel a little less guilty! ahh mother guilt nothing quite like it!

Anyway, i gotta dash! loads to do before i head up to brisvague for a family visit tomorrow. i'll be outta touch until the beginning of next week.

good luck guys!

god nightmare night here last night!! Asha woke at 3am and did not go back to sleep till 4!! then was up at 5 6 and 7 eeek i couldnt get her back to sleep till 10 after that and she let me sleep for 2 hours eeek idk whats wrong with her if its teething or thrush or what.. shes not even hungry.. shes had her 7am bottle she didnt have breakfast and its now 12 and shes not winging for anything i think her mouth must really be bothering her..
    gracie - ohhh no lol rory on big brother is such a derogatory [email protected]!!!! lol ohhh well i watch too much tv!! its the same here atm with the mess.. my dad and his g/f have a fire and because we are at the back of the house they are always carying wood through here, no wonder i cant keep it clean!!
    arte - sorry your still having troubles with the house renos hope it all works out for the best in the end.
    leanne - maybe i will make roast chicken tmw night lol (pay day) sounds yummy and asha might like it too!!
    sherie - ive never seen weleeda teething powder.. let us know how it goes!! yeah the pea pods are great! i would still like to try a few others lol though i kinda feel like if uve got a good thing stick to it? lol see how i go.. we are doing 100% cloth now terry flats at home and pea pods out (so i am desperate to get some more asap only having two lol) but i only do an extra load of washing every 2-3 days and that covers it.. in saying that though i only have 3 people to wash for and there are piles of it everywhere haha..
    cally - hope katie starts drinking again soon.. ashas been off her bottles lately too but i think thats a combination of thrush and teething.. is K teething?
    katie - dont feel bad good to see you checking in hehe

Gracie, get a Dyson. We got ours when I was pregnant because I could imagine bub being covered in dog hair constantly. It does a great job. I even used it at mums and she had 8 inside dogs (7 border collies and one g shep) and it got all of that hair off the floor.

noni- sorry to hear about your wakeful night. oh i didn't know rory was a pig! i haven't been watching bb consistently. i just thought he was ok to look at lol, what has he done?

arte- right, that's it, i'm sold! 8 dogs inside, that's crazy!!! i put a bid on a dyson on ebay but got outbid. i have to try to convince dp that's it's worth the money. i hate not earning my 'own' wage anymore iykwim??

clare- have a great time in brisvegas. what type of dog is stella??

gracie - he makes really derogatory comments to and about women and is just one of those aussie bogan men that u can imagine at bdo with a beer in each hand dancing round in a circle that no one will go near because he yells out stupid crap every 5 minutes hahaha maybe thats a but harsh lol but i really dont like him...

I have a feeling that rory is really trying hard to play the game. at friday night games 2 weeks ago (i think) he was really offensive when choosing his team as he was seriously desperate to win. one to watch no doubt!

Gracie: Stella is a lab x. we think that she has marremma (italian sheepdog) as that will account for the ginormous size...
    good luck with the dyson convincing! i recommend shopping around as we ended up bargaining with the guys we bought it from! LOL! i normally am not like that, but at $900 a pop, i was willing to give it a go!! And totally understand about not earning your own wage. even though they say what's mine is ours and so on it just doesnt feel that way as though you are not earning it and therefore, dont have final say iykwim?

oh and i forgot to mention that i worked out (i think) how to post piccies... so there are some in the member galleries...although the links on our threads dont appear to work anymore...

noni-ha ha LOL i know EXACTLY the type you are talking about lmao. i've seen them at the BDO myself!! in fact, i think dp is friends with a couple of them! usually they have an aussie flag hanging on their back.
    i didn't realise rory was that bad, i've gone off him now!

is anyone watching the 'pregnant man' on oprah right now? as you can probably guess, i'm having the laziest day ever today, can't be bothered moving off the couch lmao

clare- my friend has a labxmareema, she's gorgeous, but huge! she looks like a giant version of my dog. yes i will definitely shop around, i'm thinking of starting at the 'good guys' as there's one just down the road.
    yes i agree, what's mine is yours etc. but the thing is, i used to 'sneaky buy' heaps of things and get away with it when i had my 'own' money, but now i have to ask for everything. it's just weird after earning my own money since i was 15yo iykwim?
    Last edited by Ginger; May 19th, 2008 at 01:40 PM.

ahahahahahahahaha yes thats right lol. oh poor you having dp friends with them lol.. i have seen thinga bout that pregnant man he was a woman before wasnt he?
    asha is so tored but she wont sleep lol idk what shes doing maybe the hunger has caught up with her might try feeding her lol

Hi Girls,

Well I survived shopping with 3 kids, I didnt have to get much so that was a blessing.

Art- Not sure what we will do with them. I was going to keep them so that maybe one day I could use the stemcells for one of the kids if they needed them. (sorry to offend any one as I know that using embro stemcells is a very touchy subject. I just figure that I have done all the hard work to get them and think that may be one day they might just help save one of my babies from having a terrible disease. Any way I just can not let them go yet. Sorry for the TMI.

Sherie, my chicken secret is I buy drumsticks and season and roast them and it's cheaper than a whole roast chook but tastes just as yummy (and they cook quicker too). LOL My DH has a mean honey soy ginger variation on the theme that is rooollly Yarmy too (*licks lips*)! I was just reading about the teething powder yesterday in Super nanny's book (it was the only useful thing in it, the rest is total [email protected] LOL). Where did you buy it? I hope you make it out from under that mountain of washing!

Katie - good to hear from you hun! Don't ever feel guilty about the thread, there aren't enough hours in the day to waste any on feeling bad. xxx Playgroup sounds excellent. We're about to start going to one they have on Fridays in the park.

Leanne, don't mind me about the sleep thing. I was only whingeing. I just wish you could bank sleep, so you could sleep extra when you can and still not feel tired when you're missing out. Is your DH worried about the snip at all (it totally freaks some guys out LOL).

Noni, I hope A's feeding improves for you know you're on the daktarin. You might have to watch her bum for a spotty red rash too, if she gets that you can use some canesten on the bum end (often it goes right through them). All the food we're introducing is going really well, thanks for asking. H had rotten eczema from early on and still gets contact dermatitis. My sis's kids all ended up with asthma so we're playing it safe. It's really only about 9 mths worth of being careful with what you give and I figure that's worth it in the long run.

Cally I guess I'll be seeing you soon ! Can't wait to meet little Katie too.

Arte, what's happening with the whole plunket thing? Is there another clinic or a private service you might be able to access. Getting up that often is just horrendous...hope you've organised your DH to give you some catch up sleep times!

eta- part 2
    Arte, the bath duck doesn't have any straps and functions like a seat, but you might find he enjoys sitting in it, plus there's really nothing to pull up on, KWIM? You could try one, and if it's a disaster after a week or so, then just on-sell on eBay!

Gracie, I have Total Dyson Envy (TDE). Might have to ask DH to buy me one with his big trip money! LOL at how we all think how romantic it would be to have the roaring fire but really it's a lot of mess and work! BTW our move is sort of definite after we saw DH's boss on the w/e and he congratulated DH. We have told my family (it was my dad's birthday) and they are all stoked! Rory is cute but I agree with Noni, totally selfcentred. Nathan is much nicer and mmmmmmm too!

Clare, further to my TDE (see above), did you have to buy special pet hair attachments or do they come standard?

ETA - Where are you PREGPAN? Is Noah ok? We haven't heard from you and I'm worried. Soo hope he's on the improve. xxx
    Last edited by AnyDream; May 19th, 2008 at 06:18 PM.

Gracie, with the Dyson wait until the June stocktake sales. We got the last of an older model for $650 from Harvey Norman, they usually have good sales everywhere at that time though.

Leanne, I don't think anyone would begrudge you using your stored embies if they could help save one of your kids if they were really sick (god forbid)

MD, Yay for telling your family, that would have been exciting news for them. I decided not to go to the plunket clinic but will give them a ring to see if they can suggest anything that I haven't tried. DH sometimes lets me sleep in in the weekend, but W is only up for an hour before he has a nap so I don't get long.

Are the other bubs crawling on hands and knees? Will is going on one knee and one foot - he uses the foot to scoot and then the knee just sort of drags and balances him.

Art- Thanks
    MD- I love the sleep bank... Were do I sign up..lol

Re the Snip- DH is totally ok about. He said its just easier for him then for me to get my tubes tied. Although I am sure that as the time comes around he will probally start to get nervous. lol... But its nothing compared to what I have been though having 3 perfect, beautiful babies. Especially having twins.

Sleeping Vibes going out to all our mummys and bubbies.

Sweet Dreams

ughhh my back is absolutely killing me!! we used to change asha on top of a sideboard thing we have but now shes bigger its really hard because its kinda in a corner so weve been changing her on the bed with a portable change mat down and its killer on my back!! we have a change table butthere is literally no where to put it so i just have to suffer

*Selfish post warning*

So glad I didn't drive two hours to the plunket day clinic. I talked to them on the phone and all they do is show a video of controlled crying. Leave the baby to cry for 20 minutes, go in and cuddle without picking them up and then leave again. The other option is to pat for 5 minutes, leave for 5 min, pat for 4 min, leave for 4 min etc, never mind if the bub is screaming its head off. She told me that it was my fault (I know that it is) and that we were letting him rule the roost and he would only be crying because he wasn't getting his own way. She also told me to cut down on breastfeeds because at 8 months solids are more important.

So I guess I am just stuck waking up every hour. I guess he will grow out of it some time before he goes to school?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast