Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #31

Well we introduced egg yesterday and all seems fine which is good. I ended up hardboiling it and then mashing the yolk with some avocado on toast.

Jordie - haven't tried those bottles, have you thought about going straight to sippy cups? That's what I did with K and she's great with it now.

Hayley - sounds like a bargain to me! When do you do all your study, are you trying to do it after Maddie goes to bed?

Gracie - I think K's poos smell like yogurt. Even when she hasn't had it for a couple of days! I got DH to do all the nappies yesterday, was very nice to let him deal with them.

Noni - how is your friend and baby going?

MD - wow, that's a big cleanout and lots of activities for you to keep busy! Glad that E had a shocker while DH was home too. Also, when you go to QE2, there is a lady that comes in each day and gives massages, definitely book yourself in for one of them, the nurses will look after E for you.

K is supposed to be going to bed, she's standing up, slapping her hands on the wall!

Arte - MIL just calls K 'baby'. I hate it, she also puts a really soppy voice on when she talks to her. It bugs DH too. And YAY for W walking!!

Cassius - oh, that story does sounds scary! Glad that L got through it fine.

Well we have swimming today. Had a bit of a shocker with K sleeping over the weekend, had very short naps and not many of them! Fingers crossed they get better, although the way she's sounding at the moment isn't good. Better go and deal with her.

aghhhhhhhh i just had this huge post and bloody lost it all!!! grrrrrrrr
    ok so quickly my friends bubby is doing much better now it turns out he has a staff infection but the anti biotics are working and he is doing much better..
    and well thats about it lol oh i cant wait for pay day we are so broke atm its not funny damn fortnightly pay i fed asha baked beans for tea the other night coz i had nothing lol we are so bad with money coz its not like we dont get enough considering we are living with my dad lol ooopppssyyy
    anyways sorry for the lack of personals but id spent a good 20mins on that post and now its gone and i just cant be botehred retyping!!!

just a quick one from me, I will be babck later for personals.

Logan's pic is now on the bonds site in the peoples choice awards. He is on page 288 in the green hoodie and blue beanie.
    Dont forgot to enter all your gorgeous babies too.

quickie from me too, i entered lewis on bonds site as well- he's on pg 289 (one after logan . his picture is sideways though lol
    i'm going to go look for logan now

cally- yoghurt sounds nicer than bbq chicken lmao!!

hi all
    can we vote for 2 babies in the bonds thing?? i dont want to choose b/n our sept babies!!!
    sherie -thx for thinking about N and the possible causes, i agree with you. we have had no vomits since wed night and i am not giving any diary or egg or anything like that - i can see how his tummy would be sensitive to it. he has really been having fruit, veg, cereal and last night soem beef and veg which went down well. i guess i will do this til it has been a week and then slowly introduce it all back. i have been giving him the probiotics in his breaky so hopefully that will help too.
    ok better go - lots of work this week and i am planning to have wed off as N and I are going away with a gf and her ds.

Sherie - The pill is called loette. I was so ill this morning, its like morning sickness all over again! Ohhh my DP is the same with the alarm, I always panick and jerk right awake as soon as it goes off, yet DP stays still for another minute! Men!!!!!!

Cally - I dont have a lot of study as I'm only doing one unit, but I have been doing it at night once she is in bed. Every now and then I get a bit done during a day sleep, sometimes she will sleep for an hr and a half which allows me to get plenty done. I just find with a bub I have to be extra organised, gone are the days of leaving assignments to the last minute. Glad the egg went well, thats a good way of introducing it too, I'll keep that one in mind.

be back later Maddie has woken!

Gracie I voted for Lewis.

Pregpan yep you can vote for more then one baby, you just cant vote more then once for each baby (does that make sense lol).

Noni glad to hear your friends baby is doing better.

Hi to everyone else. I apologise for the lack of personals I will try and jump back on tonight. Its freezing here and I really need some lunch and a hot cuppa.

i voted for them both - the look GORGEOUS in the pics...
    Noni really glad the bub is doing better - what causes staf?
    i know i have asked this before but has anyone heard from Queenie? she disappeared v suddenly and i hope she is ok.

Pregpan, Queenie hasn't been on since april 21, and while I was at it LOL, ella79 was on 2wks ago and Supablondie was last here on Thursday just gone.

yah!! i just voted for cheeky little monkey logan he's soooo cute

hayley- have you tried yasmin pill? it's the only one i can take without being sick. i hate the pill. i took a breather from in in dec 2006 and then in jan 2007 i got knocked up!! oops

i was thinking the other night about liddle pixie and wondering where she ever got to

Gracie, LP hasn't been on since january. I did try to email her but it bounced back, so her email isn't current anymore.

I said to DH the other day when talking about seeing the Dr that I would be majorly p1ssed orf if he put me back on the pill as a solution to my problem because his op would have been for nothing then kwim? Hayley, could you use and IUD or diaphragm?

oh i do hope queenie is ok! that is a long tiem she has gone without being on and she used t post so regularly. it's like if MD and Noni or one of us chatterboxes disappeared LOL!! Same with LP I was also thinking of her - i do hope she is ok.

Yuck - just found an opened tub of tomato paste in the pantry that was black with mould! Will have to do a big clean up in there as there is a thin film of mould spores over the shelf and probably a lot of the tins and things. Something for after K goes to bed I think!

WOOOHOOOO!!!! Will only woke up twice last night! Don't know why, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth lol
    It could be because
    a)he didn't sleep much the night before and didn't have very long naps
    b)I used the weleda teething powder before bed
    c)*please**please**please* he is starting to grow into a better sleeping pattern

He also stayed up really late walking from person to person [insert smug satisfaction here - no one believed me that he could walk]

Noni, so glad your friends bubba is o.k

Cally, yuck, I often find surprises like that in the cupboard and fridge, I am a hoarder and don't like to waste things but never end up using them.

Jordie, W has only just started eating off a spoon, we just give him finger food but he really only started eating substantial amounts since 8 months. Sounds like Mackenzie is a happy girl.

MD, luckily we can go to the army hospital if something horrible happened. It isn't much, just an emergency room, x ray and general ward but if he was sick they can at least pump him full of antibiotics and fly him somewhere decent.

Sorry, not much time for personals.

Going to drop off the IL's tomorrow and staying the night at my mums

Hi Girls!

Just a quickie from me as it is FREEZING out here in the hall and the heating is beckoning me...

i tried to put leila on the bonds thingy, but it keeps telling me that i havent filled in all the mandatory fields....WTF? i have tried a dozen times filling them all in, but alas no luck...i'll try and track down logan and lewis and give them my votes!! and i'll keep trying to put one of leila up there!

Noni: glad your friends bubba is going to be ok!

Arte: ahhh i wish i could crash at mum's place!! be nice to be spoilt occassionally...

Sherie: yeah, it sucks when the drs just wanna use the pill as a 'solution'. i took myself off it in 2004 and havent looked back. i guess it cause i like to know what is going on with the endo, and the pill for me, masked too many of the symptoms.

ok had better dash as i cannae feel my fingers!

Arte, so pleased to hear Wiwl slept really well ! Hopefully he wiwl turn that corner soon.

Cally - yuck on your pantry find ! I won't tell you about the house I lived in in Darwin where the roof leaked every year during the monsoon and I kid you not the WHOLE house would get furry. I'm still tossing up whether we'll go to QE2 or not. Just not sure the sleeping is the problem...will see what happens after she sees the osteo again tomorrow. Although it might be worth it if I can hang out doing nothing, reading trashy magazines and waiting for my massage LOL!!

Noni, yay for your friend's bubba. Glad to hear all is well there. I KWYM about feeling broke. Do you get any family allowance fortnightly?? You can tell Centrelink which day in the fortnight you want it so you get your family tax benefit on the off-pay week. Helps with stretching the money, I find.

Pregpan how are you getting on with DH away? All well I hope.

Sherie, I was thinking that about the pill as well. That would be a major bummer! Hopefully it won't come to that. Do you have any Chinese medecine ppl up in your neck of the woods, they can do wonders with hormonal regulation, might be worth a try?? The theory is, balance the whole system.

Hayley, try some morning sickness ginger to help with your queasy tummy. Hopefully it will settle down in a few weeks. I always used to take mine at bedtime so the main queasiness would be while I was asleep IYKWIM...plus you usually remember in the am if you've forgotten it the night before.

Hi Jordie, I saw you'd been posting in another thread and wondered if you would pop in to say hello. How exciting about Mackenzie's talking . We haven't done bottles at all, we went straight onto the Avent Magic cups with the soft white spouts. You can swap the spouts for harder ones later on or otherwise you can put bottle teats in (completely interchangeable). The long flat shape is easier for b/fed bubs to suck - start off without the valve in and then put it back in once bubs gets the idea to suck. HTH

Re the poos, our lovely vanilla- yoghurt scented poo days are well and truly over, now they're ssssschmmellllleeeeeeeeeeeeee! Peyooweeee! DD1 is in shock LOL.

Go Will - sleeping vibes being sent out across the Tasman as I type!!

MD - I must admit, even though I didn't get the chance for any catch up sleeps while I was at QE2 (and it was the first week of non daylight savings so we were starting the day at 6), it was very nice to just relax when she was asleep and when she was awake to just play without thinking about the chores that needed doing.

clare- it sounds so cute when you say lewis, logan and leila all in the same sentence. i imagine the cutest set of triplets all dressed in matching clothes and hats lol

md- pmsl at wiwl

sherie- what do you think it means that lp's email bounced back? is that weird or am i reading something into nothing?
    bad news about the pill and dh getting the snip for nothing. i suppose it (the snip) is still double protection in case you forget the pill one day or something iykwim? i think you have a tendency to fall pg quite easily you might need the back up!

pregpan- what's the website where you get all those nice baby recipes again? i've been too slack lately and i want to start cooking some more for lewis

lewis is wearing a size 2 bonds wondersuit now! crazy!!!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast