Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #31

Hi Girls,

Noni- That wonderful news about your friends baby.
    Art- WTG Will hope you have a wonderful sleep tonight. Enjoy your sleep over at your mums.
    Gracie- I have always found the bonds wondersuits to shrink and you have to keep buying bigger sizes all the time.
    MD- lol at DD1 shocked at DD2 poos
    Cally- yep I have found stuff like that too in my cupboard
    Jordie- Hi and Welcome back.

I hope all our MIA Ladies are all ok. I too have been wondering how they are.
    re pill- I have not been on the pill since aug 2000 and hoping I never have to go back on it.
    Bonds Babies- I am putting my vote in for all our sept bubs
    Well We have to be at the hospital at 8am on thursday morning and the thing that jordy is having is what they call the go ligthly washout. Oh I hope it works.
    Olivia seems to be better now too. I am off to bed so sweet dreams to all and sending out sleeping vibes to all babies.

Leanne, how do thye go about re-training his bowel once they do this procedure? Good luck for Thursday too hun.

Gracie - WOW! how long is he now? A has been in the sz1 wondersuits for a while, but the sz2 would be too long and the foot wouldn't stay on. I felt ripped off though when I had to buy new ones though - I'm trying not to buy much for Alister cause I'm only giving it all away anyway now.

Gosh, I only just read everything and its completely gone from my mind LOL.

Yesterday I got out the Fisher Price baby swing out for Alister and he LOVES IT! I cna put him in it when I'm hanging washing out and not have to be looking all the time to see where he has gone, because I had just been putting him on the grass, but he would take off and head straight for the dirt LOL, plus once we start having frosts all the grass will die anyway. But the little devil loves being pushed high - squeals with excitement and laugh! I have never heard him laugh so hard. The other three all hated being pushed high when they were in it, so I'm really hoping this doesn't mean I will spend his childhood in the ER with broken limbs from daredevil feats

Oh, I think those Fisher Price swings look like great fun. I'm going to try and check out the local toy library this week and see what they have.

Leanne - good luck for Thursday, hope it all goes well.

Gracie - if you google Annabel Karmel you can see her site and I think there are some recipes on there.

Going to try and make vege fritters today for K and some pikelets later in the week. Am struggling with finger food, can't think of things (have so far done toast, avocado, banana, pear and roast veges)

sherie- oh oh sounds like you've got a little crusty demon of dirt daredevil there! lmao
    i'm not sure how long lewis is, i'll have to get the tape measure out. last measure i think he was about 73cms?? not sure, that was a while ago too so i'll have to re-check. the size 2 does hang over his feet a bit but i was just so sick of having to stretch the button section over his crutch iykwim?
    i always think in my head 'i'll use it for the next one' everytime i buy something- makes me spend more i reckon!!!

leanne- is jordy's procedure a bit like a colonic irrigation at all? if so, don't worry it doesn't hurt at all. i've had a few and you feel great afterwards

cally- thanks for the tip, i'll go google it now. have you tried pasta at all as finger food? lewis loves it

hi all
    Gracie - I dont use a website for recipes - but i do have an annabel karmel book and also another one by a UK nutitionist called yummy baby. wholesomebabyfood is a good site though as is annabel karmel's site. there are also lots of good recipes here on BB - there is a sticky thread with them in there. IKWYM about being a bit weird about the email bouncing back - i wonder why it did???
    Cally re finger foods - sounds like you have done heaps! I also give Noah melon, cheese (when he hasnt got an upset tummy), Cheerios (just scatter afew on his tray) which he loves and also cruskits. I have also done peas as a finger food - think i will try pasta too this week. do any of you do sultanas? i hear mixed reports on if they are a good idea so havent done yet. i give the odd milk arrowroot biccie too which he loves.
    Leeanne - good luck on thursday, poor little man! I hope this makes him feel a lot better. do they know what has caused this?
    I gave N mashed banana and avocado for dinner last night, i had stayed away from avo as it was too rich for hima while back - but he LOVED it this time and it stayed down (sorry for TMI but ot came out other end this morn so i know it went through!!).
    ok busy day today - want to get things done before we head off to surfers tomorrow.
    Last edited by MamaPan; June 3rd, 2008 at 09:08 AM.

Pregpan, I am still living life vicariously through you LOL. Sultanas are a bit hard for them at this age - they can suck on them fine, but they can't really chew them kwim? They are horrid when they come out the other end too - they swell up and look like brown grapes *YUCK*.

Gracie, yep, kwym about the crutch. If he wasn't in disposables it would be harder again. That is one thing I am afraid of with him. Lindsay is very weary of stuff like that so it hasn't ever been a problem with him, but maybe my payback will be Alister LOL.

Cally, have you tried just ordinary vege cut into fingers and boiled? Pasta can be given at this age too now. I used big spirals or penne in a cheese sauce. When you make the vege fritters, shape them into croquettes - fingers about 6cm long and about 2cm square - my kids loved them and they were easy to hang onto as well. Possibly even BBQ chicken too.

With LP's email, I figured it bounced because she either doesn't have that email addy anymore or my email went to her spam folder. I thought if she changed email, she may have been having trouble with the big girl's mum kwim?

oh yeah sherie that's an explanation for the bounced email... i hope she is OK!!
    that makes sense re the sultanas... a nd i will do the pasta that way this week too - i have just been giving him the tiny stars etc stirred into his puree but i think he is ready for the big pasta!!
    oh dont live vicariously thru me... trust me life is pretty stressful around here!! but i am looking fwd tpo getting away tomorrow (well i hope we do go as my friends bub has had gastro too)
    Gracie i also understand re the crutch, i have stopped buying all in 1s for Noah as this is always the prob. i find a pants and top work a lot better (i put a singlet suit underneath so his tum doesnt get cold!). N is also quite long i think... about 76cm last measure.

oh i hope lp is ok and there's nothing dodgy going on with the big girls' mum

yeah the crutch thing is a bit of an issue isn't it? i've got one set of pant and top pyjamas- maybe i'll have to pull them out and start using them. wondersuits and easysuits are just so easy for bedtime i find.

lewis has got a really really runny nose atm. is there anything i should do? (apart from wiping off his snot i mean) LOL

i have a heap of pjs from cotton on, they are great!
    if his nose is really runny i would suggest keeping him upright and/or raising end of cot - dr said that sometimes this makes them throw up as they swallow the snot - he thought this may have happened w noah... but maybe i am paranoid bc of all the vomit i have had to contend with lately LOL!

You could get a tub of vicks or baby balsam (which IMO is a waste of money - as soon as they put the work 'baby' on a tub of vicks the price went up) and put a bit on his chest and tummy and if he will let you, a smidge under his nose.

Hi Girls,

Sherie- Not sure yet on how he will be retraining his bowel.
    Gracie- I use Yukkie Bear its the same as vicks baby balsm I rub it on her singlet. I also use Dymatap. I also have a towel rolled up at the head of her bed to elivate it a bit. As for Jordy's procedure no I dont think it is like that. Apparently they put a tube down his nose into his stomach and pump this liquid in and it softens his poo so it will come out soft. It will take probally a day or 2 to work. They told me we will be in hospital for 2 or 3 days.
    Pregpan- I hope you have a wonderful time away. Nope they dont know what caused it yet. But from what I have been reading its really common for toddlers.
    Cally- vegie fritters sound yummy

Better go and do some work.

K has realised we peep through the crack in the door to check if she is sleeping yet - she has taken to standing at that corner of the cot watching out for us!

Gracie - I have just been rubbing Euky Bearub on her chest and back before bed while she has a cold.

Had our first proper morning sleep in ages today. It's not sounding good though for her second one!

Sherie - will try the big pasta next time I cook some up. I bought a microwave steamer this morning so I can more easily do vegies for her.

Pregpan - enjoy your surfers trip (hope you don't get rained in!). K loves avo, she had a finger of it last night after her dinner.

Pregpan what are you going to be doing up my neck of the woods (surfers)?Business or pleasure? The weather is meant to clear up, my fingers are crossed for you that it does.

Cally that is so cute that K stands up waiting for you, very cheeky.

Leanne hows work going?

Gracie when Logan had a cold we put the vicks on his feet and then put socks on him, I dont know if it worked but it was recommended to us, we also raised one end of his cot so the snot would drain out yuck!

Sherie we were thinking about getting a swing for Logan, not sure where we would hang it though as we don't have any trees.

Clare did you mange to get the Leila's photo on the bonds website?

Arte big woo hoo on the sleep, I hope W is turning a corner for you.

Target is having a big sale on Thursday, no doubt I will come home with things I dont need lol. Might have to buy DH a little present since he has been working such long hours lately. Better run and have a cuppa and relax while L is asleep.

Cally, I bet she gives you a big smile too LOL.

Katie, the swing comes with hooks on the end of it - first we just hung it under our verandah when we got it for Lindsay because it was in the shade, but since the kids have a swing set now I have just put it on that and took the normal swing off it.

Leanne, the yukkie bear one is made with eucalyptus isnt' it?

Guess what? I was tickling Alister earlier and he was laying across my knew, and when he threw his head back with his mouth open, lo-and-behold, he has cut another tooth!!!! Up the top on the left side - the gum has just opened so you can't quite see the tooth, but it will be through in the next day or so. I had no idea it was even ready to make an appearance. Even though he has been waking at night, its nothing like it was when he was getting the other top ones.

Sherie- I will have a look to see what it has in it. WTG A
    Katie- Work is good. Still stressful but good.
    Cally- Thats so cute and funny.

cally that is so adorable. annoying now you cant sneak ap eek at her!!! did i telll you guys about N with his PJs the other day? they are getting SO cheeky - i love it!
    Katie - I am coming ip to surfers for 3 days R&R with a girlfriend and her baby boy. you will prob see us walking on the beach!!! i am looking fwd to it. dont think we will go if it is still stormy, if tyhat is the case i guess i will go shopping in melbs!
    i wonder where MD is today? and Noni?? where are our biggest chatterboxes???

Oh what a bummer that would be Pregpan I am just busting for the end of financial year sales to start LMAO.

hey everyone
    sorry ive been lazy readung but not posting.. its such a cold n rainy day here today i'm feeling really lazy!! really needa get off my but soon though and clean up the house, although ive already swept twice i hate this weather for all the crap that gets brought in on peoples shoes grrr..
    roast lamb n veges at our place tonight should suit the weather and hopefully make up for my lazyness around the house!!
    oh yeah and asha is finally crawling properly hehe its very exciting lol but its difficult when the heaters a big bright orange light lol
    leanne - good luck for thursday
    sherie - woohoo another tooth. glad he didnt suffer as much with this one! i have no idea if asha is teething again as she wont let me look in her mouth lol.
    katie - thats an interesting idea the vix on feet with socks over the top did they say why it helps?
    cally - thats so cute that K stands there waiting for you lol cheeky monkey
    pregpan - glad N is getting better and enjoying his food again
    gracie - the gp told us to use fess to clean out the snot because it can run down and cause throat irritation

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast