Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #31

Ahh crackers - so it's going to be noisy down here too!!

Sherie - oh, your house has been sick, you poor things. Hope they're back to themselves to enjoy the long weekend! Fingers crossed the wrapping continues to work.

MD - I swing my handbag a lot when I'm not out with K to make up for not having a pram to rock.

Hi Girls!!

Wow Sherie: what a week for you guys! glad the bug is passing fairly quickly and yep, my dyson would not be able to cope with that one!
    bummer about the AF issues. i hope the u/s shows up normal. another lap can be a daunting proposition. i have never had one, managed to avoid it so far...yes, i cancelled my last one a couple of years ago! i am a big wuss!

MD: IKWYM about shopping without bub...i was grocery shopping the other day and began rocking the trolley back and forwards...how embarrassing!
    oohhh i am missing firecracker night! egad. it has already been a year since the last one...how time flies.

Cally: i hope K is ok after her fall. if it's any consolation to DH, when we had our baby first aid, the lady told us that babies falling over and hitting their heads is normal and nothing to really worry about. she told us it happens all the time and rarely is an issue...i guess it's more of a concern if they knock themselves out or fall from a height.
    IKWYM about shopping without the need to rush! i went for a quick trip today from the dentist to check out the sales...was about to spend a fortune on things for L, but then thought, no, it's about time i buy something for myself. i think it's almost been a year since i bought something unrelated to baby stuff (ie no maternity bras or breastfeeding tops!).

hayley: we are also off to SATC this weekend! DH is at home with L while we go and hit the town! LOL!! cant wait!

best be off as i have to pick up leila soon and i need to do some work before the guilt sets in!

MD, can't see Mt Doom from the window, there is another volcano blocking it but I can see it from playcenter. It doesn't look very doomish, they had to CG it to make it look scary. My BB is much better now, hope yours gets better soon too. You are welcome to stay here if you manage to get over here - perhaps a guilt holiday when DH gets home from the big trip?

Jazah, how is Chloe?

Well, HPT was negative, so I guess it must be AF getting ready to come.

Hi Ladies,
    Sorry to crash your thread but I just wanted to confess to being a closet reader of your posts!!

DD1 was born on 27 September 2007 and I do tend to pop onto this thread every now and then to read about all of your little ones and compare experiences. I feel like such a lurker so I just wanted to say thankyou for your honest and open chatting/advice/suggestions because it is often a help and comfort to me as well. I missed out on the mothers group for babies the same age as DD and baby books don't always seem to mirror real life.

You girls are the best!

hello lovely ladies

md- i read your post going 'who the hell is lacey, and i can't believe she's having a country & western themed party too!!'
    yes, lewis will be dressed as a hot little cowboy. i've got his shirt and jeans picked out, so cute!

sherie- omg! at your week. it's like a horror story! hope this weekend is better for you and the gang

arte- yes i think af is defintely going to be visiting your place soon

clare- what did you end up buying for yourself?

noni- yes i'm a vego too, but i've been eating chicken & fish for about 6 years now. i've been giving lewis meat too. he loves crumbed cutlets.

rachee- hello and welcome to our thread
    what is your dd's name?

Lacey Gracie LOL!! Sorry just teasing. :P

Lil Rachee - Welcome hun, jump on into the conversation any time you like - there is no need to stay in the closet!!! I missed out on mother's group too but our Sept bubbies thread more than makes up for that! How are you finding mummahood?

OK, better go, the big spare room clean out is ON! Want to get finished so I have time to do a lemon delicious pudding for dessert tonight.

MD, one of my worst childhood memories is the time my mum cleaned my bedroom with a rubbish bag! She gave me a few weeks of warning to clean it up and then went in and chucked out everything that was on the floor. I remember darting in front of her to save my precious things LOL

Lil Rachee, welcome, jump in whenever you want. How is life with your DD?

Sherie, hope everyone is feeling better. My dog puked all over the carpet and I think I might have a touch of Vax envy now.

Renee, did you see the SATC movie yet?

I had my first real baby free time today. I went for a horse trek. It was bl00dy freezing with icey wind and rain, but at least I did something by myself. Poor W seems to be confused though - he spent the afternoon playing with DH instead of the evening, so when I put him to bed for a nap he must have thought it was night time LOL. I got him up when he woke but he cried so I put him back to bed. I am not looking forward to him waking a few hours early tomorrow though.

just jumped on to say i am now a member of the ergo club hehe.. i convinced dp into buying it.. what position do you guys all put bubbies in? i tried all of them and so far the most comfortable putting her on the front i feel like shes still a bit wobbley for the back one when i put her on but we will see.. i got the blue one with the greeny lining its nice hehe cant wait to try it out some time
    hope all is going well i am really tired so its just another quick one from me i'm afraid..

Hi Girls!

just a quick one from me as DH finishes preparing dinner (oh he's well trained!!).

Gracie: well i hit the myer stocktake sale and found the 'metalicus' section...i love clothes that dont have sizes LOL! and bought this gorgeous wool wrap cardigan. it looks awesome! (even if i say so myself!).

Rachee: HELLLOO and welcome! he he he i think we are all guilty of stalking from time to time! i too am in a mums group with bubs that are wayyy younger than leila. so this place is awesome to 'bond' over the trials and tribulations of bubs the same age! lol!

Arte: soooo incredibly jealous of your horse ride!! even in the ice and wind! i miss riding so much.

Noni: congrats on the ergo. its awesome huh?! i love the colour you have. mine is black and green and is not as cool! i have been selling the idea of them at my mums group too as their bubs are getting too uncomfy in the bjorn.

ok better skeddadle! hope everyone is awesome!

Gracie - I did a double take at the Lacey as well! The country & western theme sounds like heaps of fun. Yes I am feeding Maddie meat, I started with lamb and I'm now doing like mince. Its not too bad cooking it. Maddie isnt overly fussed with it though, she prefers chicken.

Cally - Oh no scary fall! I agree that its more of a shock for us as parents. I guess they will be in for many falls as they start walking though. I think we have a top tooth/teeth on the way as well. How has K been with her teeth? Poor Maddie was very upset and grumpy all day.

Sherie - Gastro is the worst! I hope you are all over it now. Did DH avoid it? Not long ago Maddie did a major spew and I wasnt too sure if she was sick because she still seemed happy, then my tummy started churning & that confirmed it for me lol. Is the wrapping still working? Who would have thought hey!

MD - Yes the cheese was a worry for me, but now I'm wondering if it was just coincidence? I cant explain the rash that suddenly appeared on that day though. Or I also thought maybe her tummy wasnt ready for it? Who knows, all I know is that it seems to be behind us now woo hoo. Wow you are so creative, love the garden party idea.

Clare - YES I know all about the rocking of the trolley. My DP was standing at the markets once holding a bag of potatoes, and he was rocking back and fourth. I just stopped & looked at him and he stopped and was like omg how embarrassing, realising what he was doing!! My DP is the dinner cooker as well, gotta train these men well.

Lil Rachee - Welcome! Whats your DD's name? My DD was also born on Sept 27th so they are exactly the same age!

Noni - Congrats on the ergo. Let me know how it goes. I am thinking of buying one for going o/seas with. That is the carrier where you can carry bub on your back if you want right?

Well I didnt end up seeing S&TC, I was a real party pooper. Do you ever have times where you just feel like being at home with your family, doing nothing much? That was me last night, so I pulled out, the girls didnt seem to mind but I still feel guilty. I just wanted to be at home with DP & Maddie really.

I am sure we have another toothie on the way, as Maddie has come up with another terrible rash on her face, exactly like the last time when her bottom teeth were on the way through. So I guess its just a waiting game now.

I have the outlaws staying up for the weekend. They are at a football game atm so I have peace. Far out my MIL is a pain in the butt lol.

Anyway enough of my rambling...I have an exam on Monday (my 1st uni exam!!) so I need to study. Hello to everyone I missed, I hope you and your fam are all doing well.

Howdy girls,

Noni I have that colour ergo too, I love it. I have tried the front and hip position and will get DH to try the back position first.

Hayley I know exactly what you mean about wanting to just kick back at home. Enjoy your freedom tonight while it lasts.

Clare did your DH come with some type of manual? Or is there some secret school like puppy kindy you can take them too? Lol

Arte it sounds like you had a nice day, it feels good to have a little "me" time doesn't it.

Lil Rachee welcome to our chatty little group and congrats on your DD.

MD have a good weekend with your friends, sounds like loads of fun.

Dh has been out at the races since 7.30 this morning. Logan and I have had such a fun day today, we have just spent most of the day on the floor playing, meanwhile it looks like a bomb went off at my place. No plans for the long weekend DH has next week off so I am trying to think of some fun family things we can do.

Hi to everyone else hope your all having a great weekend.

Hi Ladies,

The lovely Trillian suggested that I should join the September '07 group! So may I please join

I am looking forward to getting to know you all!!

Cheers
    Kez

Wow its been very quiet in here.

Chepie of course you can join us, the more the merrier. I am pretty sure we were belly buddies. How are things with your DS?

I got soooo much cleaning done today I have now gone through the whole house and chucked out and donated so much stuff. I am feeling very happy about it, the only bummer is my back is killing me. Just need to do the floors tomorrow and I will be one happy mumma.

Anyway I hope you all had a great weekend.

Welcome Lil Rachee and Chepie.

So glad it is a long weekend, these two days have absolutely flown. DD has been moved into her 'big seat' in the car and we lowered her cot base.

Had a great time with my sister, went out for brunch this morning and wandered one of the little villages near here yesterday. DH did very well doing the shopping with DD, some ladies helped him unpack the trolley because he had her in the Bjorn and was having trouble bending over!

Ozstar - lucky you having DH home all next week. Hope you have a good time.

Hayley - I thought her teeth were fine - then on Friday night she stirred every 45 minutes and had a whinge (didn't have to go in though). So then I was thinking they were bothering her. Then last night, not a peep out of her for 12.5 hours! So I don't know, still very sure there is one coming down though. Glad that the cheese went well.

Arte - would love to go horse riding, very jealous!

Gotta go, ice cream time!

wow it is quiet in here!!!
    ashas trying to pull herself up now on her toy box.. its very cute but she did have a bit of a big spill back onto her head this avo ahhhh the falls begin lol
    cally - wow 12.5hrs i am sooo jelous!!! thats so nice the ladies helped your dp men wouldnt help us if we were having trouble!
    katie - well done on the cleaning my house is gross!!
    welcome cheapie and lil rachee
    haley - the ergo is a dream!! i had asha in it for hours today in the front position and it was sooo comfortable gee i cant believe i carried her in the baby bjorn just the other day lol i'm surprised i didnt stuff my shoulders!!
    cassius - i was gonna get the black one but i was worried it would get hotter than the other colours.. do you find that when your out in the sun?

Thanks for the warm welcome

Ozstar - Yes I think that we were belly buddies!! Aiden is great! He crawled on Wed! So there is no stopping him now!! he has 7 teeth and a yucky cold! ... Good on you for all the cleaning thats what we are trying to do!! Hope that your back is ok

Cally - Thats sweet about the ladies helping your DH grrrrrrrrr to teeth! Hope that tooth appears quickly

*noni*e* - Isn't great watching them pull themselves up and being very proud of the fact until that dreaded fall ....... I think so begins the many falls and bruises

Hi Chepie - so glad you decided to pop in and say hello! And a big welcome to lil Rachee too! I hope you have found something helpful to you in amongst all our ramblings LOL.

yes, DH did get the bug on Friday night and he was violently ill with it too poor bugger. I have never known him to be so sick. At least I didn't have to clean up after him though LOL. He's fine now though and went to work tonight as normal. And Alister has a runny bum, but only once yesterday and once today, both at the times when he normally poos anyway and it isn't bothering him at all.

Interesting development too on the sleeping front here. He is still sleeping great - still being wrapped, but the big contributor I think has been not having dinner. I didn't give him dinner on Wednesday night because I was still too sick to bother with it, and that was the first night he slept. Thursday I brought the latest PP mag and there was an article about a baby sleep diet - so I read it and it was basically about babies eating high GI foods and it's effect on them, so what I've figured out is that his dinner meal is too high GI and is possibly contributing to his rotten night sleeping. He has rice cereal mixed with either fruit or veg, and sometimes fruit puree for dessert - both the rice cereal and the fruit purees are high GI - as is potato. So we haven't been having dinner since Wednesday and his sleep is fantastic. Tomorrow I will introduce a low GI dinner meal and see how we go with that.

I think Alister is definately going to be my thrill seeker baby. I had him in the FP swing today while hanging washing and I left him in it while I went back in to get another load (you would seriously not believe the amount of washing I have been doing). I stopped to ask DH something and he says "check this out" and he is looking out the kitchen window and Paige who is also outside is at the swing, but she is turing it around, winding it up really tight, and Alister is happy as larry just sitting there, and she keeps winding and winding until she can't wind it any further, and we are watching with anticipation because we know what is about to happen - DH is ****ing himself laughing, I'm trying to swallow the fear - and then she lets it go and it starts spinning and spinning and getting faster and the whole time Alister is just sitting there with this huge smile on his face and laughing. DH is nearly beside himself he is laughing that hard. And when it stops, Paige, who was laughing maniacally at her grand idea, just leaves him and comes inside like nothing has happened (she didn't know we were watching) and he is just left sitting there wondering where she's gone LMAO. If that was done to the others when they were the same age they would have been screaming the whole time. I tell ya, this kid is going to grow up tough.

He is also getting really good at standing on his own now too and walking with one hand held. He had a ball this afternoon as the girls and I were having a big clean out of their bedroom and he kept getting all the barbie stuff and trying to eat it LOL.

Hi Girls!

Yessiree it has been quiet in here these days! is the cold keeping us at bay?! he he he!

Hayley: LOL at your DH! it is soo embarrassing when you catch yourself doing something like that!
    ahh bummer for no SATC! we went this evening while i left DH with DD. it was quite fun. just a long version of the show.

Hi Chepie and welcome! it's always awesome to have new people to rant and rave with!

Sherie: i also read that article and have been trying to keep the GI down for dinner. only, leila LOVES potato and on the nights that she is being a fusspot it's all i can get her to eat...egad. the joys.
    So is the household returning to good health?!! and poor you on all the washing!

Noni: hmm no havent found it terribly hot. although that said, in peak summer i tend to avoid it. i go for the pram or the sling...
    and yeah, leila is also pulling herself up onto everything. and falling down again! she has a cracker of a bruise on her forehead ATM...looking like a bad mum when we go out in public

alls quiet here on the homefront. i am thankful! leila has been unwell the past few nights and has been intermittently waking up. she has been going back to sleep on her own for the most part, but at least once a night i have had to go in there and resettle her. man, it takes it out of you!
    feeling a bit lonely tonight, as DH is away at a conference dinner...so am feeling sorry for myself...wish i was having a $75 a head dinner. instead, i had a healthy microwave reheat of last nights dinner...boo hoo for me!

anyway should go and get my sorry self to bed, my feet are freezing out here in the cold!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast