Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #31

Hi Girls,

Firstly a Big Hello to Lil Rachee and Chepie

Well we got home yesterday arvo and yes it seemed to have work so far. But the first day my poor Jordy was so sick he spewed all day from the stuff. 2 nd day he did 2 poos and Saturday Morning the flood gates had opened. I dont think I have ever soon so much poo in my life as yet. He pooed all day saturday and the Dr said we could come home. He as done 2 poos today and we start back on the movicol tomorrow. I am crossing my fingers and toes that this is the end of the constipation problem. Sorry for the TMI girls.

I will catch up with everyone soon I am very tired and am think I might just go back to bed and try and get some sleep. I am over tired now and my brain just wont stop.

Sweet dreams to all

Oh Leanne, the poor little boy. he must have been really backed up by the sound of it. Fingers crossed for you that this is the end of all his troubles.

hi everyone! so sorry i've been missing for so long. i think that i'll probably be able to post 1x a month at this rate. can't sit in front of the computer these days coz' max is just always on the go. and i don't really want to stop her "exploring" so i end up just following her around trying to block possible sources of bruises. speaking of which, we had our first a few weeks ago, but they're now constantly replaced with new ones. i used to know where they came from or how it happened, but now, i just see them and wonder.
    i've missed whole threads so i won't bother with trying to catch up on personals. except for the recent ones.
    leeann, hope jordy's all better for all that. and hope you get a break as well.
    sherie, i think you've had a sick household? hope all's well now and it wasn't too draining on you.
    hi to lil rachee and chepie! i'm with a couple of mother's groups but the ladies in here have been a blessing from pregnancy to now....i've learnt so much from what's been shared in here and hope that you're able to get as much out of this as i have.
    need to get the PP that you're talking about sherie. might help with the sleep.
    max has been pretty ok on her sleeping but still not through the night. doesn't self settle either....well, to be fair, she does sometimes but often needs to be picked up. although, it might be because her cot's still in our room. anyway, have had nights where we only had to resettle 1x after we've gone to bed, and then there have been the other night when we got up every hour!!! that was a killer specially since she slept through from 12 to 5:30 the previous night....and i thought "this is it!"...that should teach me not to expect.
    eating...i've sort of stopped preparing food for her and just using up what i've got left in the freezer. have been giving her food that we eat. ie. spinach and ricotta ravioli when i was at coffee club, salmon, spag bol, risotto, etc. if what we're having is something i can mash up or give as finger food, then i don't bother with preparing anything separate.
    teeth...still the same bottom 2 from march. although, i think she might have some coming coz' she's been drooling excessively the past couple of days
    health...was (is?) coming down with a cold but have been giving her more water than usual and orange juice. am assuming that oj isn't bad for her since i'm supposed to be giving her fruits anyway? and the list i was coming off says "all fruits and veges"...so far, there doesn't appear to be any adverse reactions.
    DH/DP, been lucky as mine cooked dinner tonight as well. and breakfast this morning...and did the dishes...
    anyway, i think sleep might finally be here. i drank dh's regular tea (as opposed to my decaf tea) and am awake. went to bed at around 10'ish and just tossed and turned so decided to get up and post. only time that i can in peace.
    ladies, will continue to lurk but hoping to be able to post more often than i have been.

Fianne, good to see you. We do the same with food, I give him a selection of finger foods for breakfast and lunch but for dinner he just has whatever we are having. Last night he had nacho mince and rice. It was very messy but he managed to get a bit in his mouth.

Sherie, glad to hear everyone is getting better. Mr A sounds like a little daredevil LOL And sneaky Paige, spinning him and then walking inside like she hadn't done a thing wrong!

Leanne, so glad that Jordy's treatment worked. Does he seem to feel better for it?

Clare, sucks when they go out to 5 star paid business diners and we are left at home with crappy leftovers. My DH was away for a week at a conference and complained about having to go out to dinner every night, I wanted to slap him LOL

We seem to have been lucky on the bruise front, he has only falling from standing a couple of times and they haven't been bruise making. Walking is getting better, he can do the length of the hall now (with me hovering behind to catch him if he wobbles). He seems to like crawling with something in his mouth, a soft ball, his shoe etc, it is really funny. And after two months of mum mum he has finally mastered dad dad.

Sleeping was getting better but then his teeth started coming up again. Last night he slept from 10-2 but then was tossing and turning and grizzling until morning. I think I will get some nurofen today because the panadol doesn't do anything.

Hi Girls!

Oh Leanne! what an ordeal for your little man. sounds like the treatment has been doing the trick and no doubt little jordy will be feeling like a million bucks soon!
    hope you get a chance to rest up a bit...

Fianne: great to hear from you again! sounds like lil' max is growing in leaps and bounds! and LOL at the 'real' tea...i think we have all been there on that one! i now have a stash of 'fake' decaf in the cupboard...but, i still reckon it's not as nice...probably just my perception rather than reality...oh well. also i have found the kimbo coffee does a decaf, so i go the espresso for the late afternoon shift! LOL! oh so wild here in my household...

Arte: yep, these men sometimes just never get it do they?? DH felt pretty guilty though when he got home as he reckons the dinner was really really good. so his guilt transformed into him getting me an 'up&go' from the fridge with a piece of lindt chocolate...hmmm interesting choice at 11.30pm!

hello ladies
    how are we all today? just took lewis and my dog up to the park and some crazy b%tch up there had her agro german shephard off the lead. i've seen it up there before and it has attacked my dog so i tried to avoid it. there was a family up there with a black lab and their dog came up and was having a bit of a play with my dog and then out of nowhere the german shephard came charging towards us. i was so friggin scared. the owner was nowhere to be seen of course. i hate her, she's such an irresponsible b5tch!!!
    anyway, my poor dog froze out of fear cos i think she recognised the dog from last time it tried to maul her but the black lab started running. the german shephard started chasing the lab and i quickly started running the other way with my dog and pram. all i could hear was squealing and screaming from the poor black lab as the friggin german shephard was attacking it!! that poor poor family. i'm so friggin upset!
    i ran all the way home and was so upset and angry. i was nearly crying to dp. it's one of the best times of my day taking lewis and my dog to the park as we all enjoy it. it just upsets me that the experience has to be ruined by someone so stupid. i don't want to be too scared to go there anymore.
    dp was livid so he made me get in the car and we drove over to the park because he wanted to 'rip her f##king head off'. when we got there she had gone.
    is there anything i can do girls? i don't know who she is so i'm not sure if i can do anything...

sorry for vent but i'm just really upset

arte- have you tried any teething relif tablets or anything like that? i found panadol did nothing for lewis as well.

fianne- great to see you're back. max sounds like she's going fantastic! how is married life treating you?

leanne- so glad to hear all about jordy's poo (as weird as that sounds). i'm sure he must feel so relieved.

sherie- better watch that little crusty demon of yours!! are you going to get him a dirt bike when he's older? i can just imagine him

noni & katie- we all have the same coloured ergos. imagine if we all met up one day for a walk it would be so funny!

cally- lol at some ladies helping dh with his shopping they have no idea how much we do sometimes i reckon!

clare- i love metallicus clothes. have you ever heard of the label 'wyse'? they have some great stuff as well.

hayley- i totally relate to not wanting to go out and just wanting to spend time with your family. i am the biggest nanna these days, i never want to do anything. i love being at home with my boys

Gracie, that is terrible about the dog. Report it to the council with a description of the dog and woman and the times that you have seen her there. If it is aggressive she shouldn't have it off the lead and she should have a muzzle on it. Does she walk it there or drive? Any chance of a number plate? What a b!itch, I hate it when stupid people ruin it for everyone else.

Gracie, that's terrible. It's a threat to dogs not to mention all the children in the park. Does she usually go to the park around the same time each week? You could ring up the council people/police and dob her at the time she's usually there. I would. In SA there is a law where dogs must be kept on a leash in parks (except designated doggy parks) and they can't go anywhere near playgrounds or schools at all (leash or no leash).

Leanne - Far out. I told DH about all the poo (finally) and he was amazed. I bet J is feeling just soooo much better and you must be feeling very relieved too. Let's hope this fixes it now once and for all.

Welcome Chepie - it gets a bit noisy in here (apparently I"m one of the talkative ones LOL) so just jump on in whenever you can.

Sherie, I was laughing when I read about Alister Kineval! We've got one of those swings, haven't worked out where to put it yet, the clothesline is looking like the most likely spot so far. I hope your DH is feeling much better now.

Fianne so pleased to hear from you ! Max sounds like she's a very busy girl! I'm aiming to get E eating family foods over the next few months. We're experimenting with chunkier foods now, she always makes a hilarious funny face when she's eating something new.

Arte, I hope you get some good results from the Nurofen. I find it works really well but I'm nervous about using it too often cos it can give them tummy problems. I hope the teething is just a temporary blip and W's sleeping continues to improve.

Cally sounds like you had a wonderful time with your Sis. Was that Mogo you went to? I want to take DD1 out to the historical thingy they have there but not too sure how lame it is or not. LOL We like the zoo there.

Well DH is rather chipper today, he and his mate sat down last night and played an awful lot of violent xbox and watched motorbike racing and ate a humungous bar of rumnraisin chocolate. Us girls watched Jane Austen and Trinny and Susannah and had an excellent natter. The kids all got up and played in the middle of the night (!!) and E scored lots of extra cuddles from everyone esp our 2 yo little visitor and Fluffychops didn't bark at anyone this time so all round it was a very successful weekend.

MD - yes, it was Mogo. Haven't been to Old Mogo Town though, so can't tell you how 'lame' it is.

Gracie - oh you poor thing with the dog. I'd ring the council and let them know and they might get the rangers to do some extra runs past there to keep an eye out for her.

Welcome back Fianne.

Trillian - might have to track down that PP magazine, sounds interesting. lol at him going round and round on the swing!

Leanne - glad that Jordy is feeling better, hope everything is back on track now.

Gracie - Thats terrible, how can people keep a dog like that!? I'd be too scared that it would turn on a human one day. Gosh I hope the poor lab was ok, they are gorgeous dogs. Dog fights are horrific to watch. So glad nothing happened to you guys, thats so dangerous, its a horrible thought but whats to say it wouldnt go for a bub or young child one day. Definately report it.

Sherie - LAMO at Paige winding Alister up in the swing! Thats so funny. I did read the PP article over the weekend and I am going to give it a go as well. We are having problems in the sleep department and i cant pinpoint exactly what it is.

Leanee - OMG poor Jordy! How did the hospital stay go? Must have really been backed up.

MD - Oh no I didnt know nurofen could cause tummy upsets. I love Trinny & Susannah!

Clare - How are you going with your study? I've been up with Maddie at least once a night too and I agree it really does take it out of you. Hard work being a mumma!

Fianne - Welcome back! I am very busy these days as well, I feel constantly exhausted lol. Well done on the introduction of family meals, I am slowly starting to do it too but we like lots of hot food so we have to tone it down a bit.

Arte - Congrats on the dad dad!

Chepie - Welcome!

Noni - Oh you have me convinced on the ergo, might have to get one before we go away. How is your house hunting going?

Where is Renee?

I am so tired. The last 4 nights she has woken without fail between 4.30 and 5am for a bottle. I have tried to avoid giving her the bottle but its the only thing that puts her back to sleep! Its like she's hungry but I cannot figure out why, she has 4 240ml bottles a day and in between has usually 3 meals. Maybe I need to up the solids? She is also waking around 1/2ish but that wake is simple as all it takes is a dummy in the mouth and shes off again. Its just hard work, especially on the nights that I have to work the next day. I had an exam this morning and I dont know how I got through it with my broken sleep lol. I guess I am a mummy now so I have to be tough!

Further to the PP article on high vs low GI Foods - can anyone give examples of what low GI foods are?

Hayley, there is a pretty extensive list here Table of Glycaemic Index of foods

I did have a calculation thing to work it out on other foods too, but I can't remember what it was - I will find it for you.

Hayley, there is a GI database here. This is the official organisation that tests GIs in Australia and there's lots of other useful info on the site. Also, don't fret too much about the Nurofen, it's more if you use it continually over a period of time.

Sherie I also though the PP article sounded interesting, might have to find a copy at the library !

thanks so much for all your replies about the dog incident. i've calmed down a lot now, so thanks for letting me vent here

i will try to report her to the council tomorrow. she does drive to the park but i didn't get her rego cos i just wanted to get the hell out of there! thanks for all your advice girls

hayley- well done on doing an exam on no sleep i don't know how you do it

md- your night sounds fantastic, i love it when the boys and girls split up for activities. so fun!

i'm off to see sex and the city tomorrow so i'm really looking forward it.

Hi Girls,

Gracie- OMG what a terrible thing to happen. Hope you enjoy the movies.
    Fianne- Its great to hear from you. And great to hear Max is doing well.
    Art- Wow W is becoming a great little walker. Re the Nurofen just remember to give it to him after he has eatin something. Also you can give panadol and nurofen together. I know it works for me when the kids have really bad temps.
    MD- Your weekend sounds great. Glad you had a wonderful time.
    Sherie- Hope everyone is all better now. And glad to see A sleeping better
    Hayley- Wow an exam today. I am sure you did well. The hospital stay was good DH and I both stayed although I didnt get that much sleep Jordy and DH did alright.
    Renee were are you?????

Well Jordy did 1 poo today yipppeee. I am so happy we even got him to have the movicol. ( we put it into some jelly) So I am going to Milk that one as long as I can. I also bought some cooking chocolate and thought I would make some chocolates and put it in that too. How terrible that I am trying to out smart a 2 year old oh I mean neally 3 year old... All the invitations have now gone out and I am starting to get ready for the party... Even though its not till the 6th July ... hehehehe... Its going to be a car's theme you know lighting McQueen... the boys just love it.

Well hello to everyone and catch up more tomorrow...

Sweet Dreams to all

hi girls!

just a quick one before i go to bed...

gracie: oh that is really awful about the dog park. unfortunately it happens way too often. our local isnt too bad, but when an unmanaged dog is around, it can be really scary. a couple of times we have had to deal with an aggressive dog going for stella. and the bummer is that stella has epilepsy and the stress of being attacked brings on her fits...
    yep, agree with the others get as many details as possible from the lady. id say get the dogs rego, but that sounds too dangerous. get the car ones, and yeah track the times she is usually there and report it to council.

hmmm will check out wyse...never heard of it!

Leanne: yay! good on jordy! eeeppp better not tell my DH about the cars theme (he loves that movie, egad.).

Hayley: yeah the juggling can be really hard. especially when having to use your brain the day after a knock out night. we have been having them the last few nights as leila has had yet another lurgy. and now it seems that DH has the gastro bug...oh happy days!

well here is pretty quiet. except that we took leila out to a dinner do at the local thai and it worked! yipppeeee!!! she slept the whole time in her pram, so we were able to hang out with friends, have dinner and drink! i feel almost 'normal' again. i kinda forgot that people go out to dinner.

anyway best be off, loads of sleep is needed.

just wanted to jump on quickly and say......

Lewis is crawling!!!!

yah! i thought it would never happen, but sure enough, he can move!!!!
    it's kind of a strange half drag crawl atm but he's actually moving across the floor

hey everyone
    ashas got a new bump on the head lol i am getting over it now i mean she will never learn if i follow her around putting my hand infront of everything she could possibly bump her head on lol.. shes pulling herself up to on her knees and tries to get on her feet but isnt quite there yet.. shes very tall so i dont think that is helping her. i put her next to her little friend the other day and she is a good 15-20cms taller than him and hes not short.. really have to get her weighed and measured shes a big girl! no one believes shes 8mths when i tell them lol..
    we are having a few dramas atm i think her top teeth are coming lots of wake ups and the night before last she wouldnt go to bed at all screamed everytime i put her in so spent the night in our bed and still woke up heaps.. shes also started winging in the pram alot.. after a certain amount oftime she gets annoyed and wants out lol glad i have the ergo now i will be taking that with me to help that problem!!
    still not saying mum its still all dadadadad and what sounds like yeah yeah yeah lol she makes n and m sounds but no other words yet..
    gracie - hooray lewis!! its such a great feeling when they get it isnt it? asha only started about a week ago its crazy how quickly they are groing up!! ohhh i'm jelous i wanna see the satc movie!!
    cassius - glad you had such a nice dinner out!! its nice to do normal things again isnt it? dp and i went to a party a few weeks ago after we put asha to bed (my dad was home we didnt just leave her alone in the house lol) and it was really good to just get out for a few hours..
    leanne - yay for jeordie pooing!! lol @ disguising the movical gotta do what you gotta do i say n the more pleasant it is for him to take it the nicer the whole experience is really! wow a cars theme coolies i am starting to plan ashas party and its not till sept so dont feel bad for planning the boys party.. always good to get the invites out early i think gives people plenty of time to put it into their schedule!
    haley - deffinately get the ergo before you go away it will be so much easier than a pram! i am in love with my ergo lol and ive only used it twice now but i actually create reasons to use it thats how much i love it lol.. the house hunting well we gave it a break for a while but i had a look yesterday in a bit of a different area that we werent really considering before and it looks somewhat promising so i have a few places to ring today..
    md - sounds like a lovely weekend you had
    hi to anyone i missed must be off to ring some real estates..

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast