Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #4

does ne1 else find their bubs have cranky times?? i find with Ash between her 6-7 feed n her 10-11 feed she is cranky as well as when it gets around 5pm in the avo she starts getting cranky... these seem to be the times she has the most trouble with wind n reflux i just thought it was strange???
    leanne -how do u find ww??? i def need to lose some weight n learn how to eat a bit healthier too but dnt knw if i can stay commited to something like that n pay the money etc.. can u take the kids with u if u need to???
    cally - sounds like u are keeping v busy!!! gl with the u/s
    rofl rennee thats hilarious

State of hair, ladies - your baby vs yours...??

Well Elisabeth was born with what we thought was a lot of dark hair - since DH is a redhead and I'm a blondey-mousey-brown we wondered where that came from. She's also a hairy little chimp baby with dark hair on her...wait for it...EARS and her lower back LOL! Anyway her head hair is starting to fall out but her hairy chimp hair is not...should I be worried about this? As for my own hair, the hairdresser told me it might start falling out after E was born, but nope it's bushier and more out of control than ever!!

*Snap* leanne, I'm having a moment of truth this morning too, going to the dietician for my first weigh at all since E was born....!

Renee, that magpie story was a crackup!! I could practically hear the shrieking from here!

Cally i hope the US goes well.

Morning,

MD my hairdresser siad my hair would start to fall out around the 3 month mark. I havent noticed much change in my hair yet. Logan has hairy ears too, on his right ear it is really long and dark. I was looking back at photos of him and he had more hair at birth then I originally thought so it must have fallen out and is growing back again. He just tstarted getting his eyebrows a week or so ago.

Leanne I am sure you will be fine on your own, do you have someone you can call if you get a bit frazzeled?

Renne PMSL at your magpie story.

Cally good luck with the ultrasound.

I am off to print out the 300 odd photos (and thats not all of them) that I have taken so far to put in an album.

Hello to all,

Katie- I can ring my cousin she lives around the corner.
    Noni- Yes you can take kids although I dont as I go while Iam at work. I Like WW as You have to weigh in and for me thats the main thing. I only go for weigh ins I dont stay for the talks as I dont have time. I pay $17.50 per week and the first week cost me $15 with no joining fee. So Start when they have specials on.

YIPPPEEE-- I have lost 1.4kg in 1 week.... I am so happy and proud of myself.

Go Leemar!!!! all the best hun. xx
    Pregpan Noah is ADORABLE!! Such beautiful big brown eyes - and I love his beautiful little nose! Am now wondering whether the little one will have my nose or DH's! I have started calling DH over at night to look at pics of everyone's babies and he's just been melting. Not long to go now I suppose!
    Good to hear the slings/carriers work...
    Sherie I laughed out loud yesterday - after feeling pretty relaxed about not needing to try and interpret everything as a possible signal of labour (aside from getting bloody sick of painful BH) I noticed my bellybutton had started to almost fully stick out - so maybe it is nearly fully cooked! Haven't heard any whistling or alarms yet though ROFL.
    Hi Ella, great news about the weigh in! Hope you have a better few days.
    Facebook - yup, it's really hard when you get requests you don't feel you can refuse - but you can always restrict them to viewing your limited profile and set your profile to private.

Katie - well done with all those photos, mine are still half in the camera and half on the computer...will get there soon I suppose! That's reassuring that Elisabeth is not the only hairy chimp baby!

Leanne - well done on your weight loss! I'm glad you've got someone close by if you need it. It sounds like WW is about the same price as seeing a dietician once a month...do you get a rebate from your health care fund?

Well good news for me - I'm only 3kg more than pre preggy weight - I suppose that's good given the potential damage done by all that fruitcake and timtams in the first few weeks...?!!

Queenie, let us know when your belly button suddenly goes "Ding!"

ETA Noni - I meant to say I haven't noticed a pattern to E's unsettledness yet, only that it tends to happen later in the day when she is tired (cos she's so busy all day feeding and lying around and sleeping LOL)!! Oh and of course the wind & upchuck factor, which tends to be better if I've got a couple of doses of Gaviscon in earlier during the day when she is alert enough to drink it down.
    Last edited by AnyDream; October 24th, 2007 at 01:18 PM.

MD- Thanks for reminding me. I am going to ring up health fund now to find out. Congrats on your weight news thats great.
    Thanks Queenie. Not long now for you. I am so excited for you.

leanne - congrats on the weight loss!! i am going to give myself a few more weeks to see if i can drop the weight myself (got 8kgs to lose still), but if it's not going anywhere then i'm going to join WW. my sister had lots of trouble losing her baby weight, but as soon as she joined WW it just fell off!! she lost about 9kgs in as many weeks...

renee - i too am PETRIFIED of magpies!! there are quite a few that live in the trees out the front of our house and i get scared every time i go out for a walk!! my BIL (who is bald) lost a chunk of his scalp to a magpie last year which didn't do anything for my phobia!!

pregpan - i know everyone has said the same thing, but MY GOD - HOW CUTE IS NOAH'S HAIR??!! it makes him look really grown up!!

marydean - yeah, my hair hasn't shown any sign of falling out... i have HEAPS of hair at the best of times, so am sort of looking forward to losing some bulk!! Abigail also has lots of body hair - her ears are particularly hairy... it better fall out!! in the light Abigail's hair is quite red. i have red hair too so my DH has taken to calling us "Big Red" and "Little Red"!!

Noni - i have a Baby Bjorn and a ring sling (Baby Rock). i find them really handy - it means that i can do housework, cook dinner, etc and keep Abigail happy at the same time... i must admit that my back gets quite sore from them and she's only 3.7kgs!!

ok, i have my hyperactive 18-month old nephew coming to stay on Friday so i need to get started preparing the house - putting crystal, crockery and poisonous substances out of reach...

hi everyone
    thanks for the comments about my hairy bub!!!! if you believe old wives tales i guess that hair is the reason i basically kept mylanta in business during my pregnancy!! I'll let you know when i have put up some more pics.
    Ella - really glad the weigh in went well, must feel great. how is the feeding going now? I cant believe you are cleaning the house in anticipation of MORE houseguests - you are the domestic queen. how is little red today?
    Noni - I find that Noah is quite unsettled in the morning, he wants to be up and we want him to sleep LOL! and sometimes he has that 'suicide hour' thing going on in the evenings. I fidn if i distract him before it starts, say go for a long walk about 5ish then we get away without having the crying/screaming.. other times i try the ring sling (I have an Ellaroo) or the Bjorn and that sometimes helps too. or i just keep going through it and comfort myself that it is normal!! LOL!
    Leeann - WTG on the weight loss - keep it up, I hope that gave you a good boost for the day! I will also be joining WW if my weight doesnt come off through all my exercise plans soon...
    My hair hasnt been falling out yet.. i also heard it happens though - notlooking fwd to that, i also have thick hair so i could do with some faling out but i hope it doesnt go patchy!
    Has anyone heard from Joasia or Cindy (Joel's girl) or Liddlepixie lately, i hope they are all going well. We never did hear back from Kate in Belly Buddies either - I wonder what happened there and hope she is OK too...
    Have just been at an ABA meeting and have OB appt this afternoon so better go have some lunch...

MD - Katie has hairy ears too, but not on her back. I was checking them out this morning and I don't think she's lost any hair from them at all. She is fairly dark which caught everyone by surprise as DH and I are both fairly blond. DH is a bit of a throw back in his family though as the rest of them are dark.

Noni - DD is always unsettled in the evenings. I tend to pass her straight across to DH when he gets home. He is very good at settling her, they snuggle up on the couch together and she falls asleep every time, but it never works for me.

Leanne - that is a good weight loss, I wish I could do the same. Still have 5kgs to go to my prepregnancy weight but I think it will be hard as I worked really hard while TTC'ing to lose that 5kgs, so I may be stuck with it for a while. Staying off the brownies would help though!

DD went back to 4 hourly feeds overnight last night which was a shame as I was so stuffed from my big day yesterday. Then this morning, she went 5 hours (with a bit of awake time). I am getting much better at telling when she is starting to get tired and putting her into the bassinet. She just nodded off all by herself without any crying and this morning there was just a little bit of whimpering when I put her down.

What does everyone do with bubs when they are awake? We have a kick around on the playgym, listening to music and looking at the animals and we try to read a book as well and just wander around looking at things. She's starting to get big enough to make the rocker rock when she kicks so I've been putting her in that a bit more while I do stuff in the kitchen and talk to her. I think she found it a bit boring when she was just laying there.

Might have to start bringing out the bibs. She's been through 2 outfits today with wet spews all down the front and its a lot easier to change a bib.

Well we're off for a walk, hoping she wakes up soon, she's due for a feed just before her u/s appt so I''d like to get that out of the way. DH is coming too as I'm guessing it's going to be a noisy experience and it's better to have both of us there!

hello all
    did u know that anz dnt think a drivers liscence a medicare card and a bank card is enough id??? my grandad asked me to open an anz account for Asha so he can put money in it each month (he does the same for my cousins 3 and 7) and i went in there with her birth certificate and all the stuff mentioned above and they told me i also needed a centrelink card or a bill geezz now i have to go back another time damn it..
    well after a bit of net research i ended up going to ww.. got the same deal as u leanne with the $15 for the first meeting and no joining fee.. ended up buying a pack with a journal and a couple of points books in it for 30 since i didn't have to pay joining fee... Asha was the star of the show lol i had her in the baby bjorn and when the lady asked for a volunteer to hold her when i was about to be weighed so many ppl wanted to do it haha...
    cally - we have times where we deffinately need bibs too lol.. when Asha is awake we talk to her, she lays on the lounge and watches everyone or she has a bouncer that she quite likes.. also if its not cold i have a play mat that can go on the floor sometimes i let her have a few mins on her tummy which she quite likes...
    pregpan - we have "suicide hour" lol idk if its because of reflux and wind or if she just gets those when she works herself up lol Ash has a fair bit of hair too and i had really bad indegestion lol...
    ella - yeah it will be interesting to see how my back copes when i start using it for house work and things as well.. luckily for me dp is still home so i havn't had to do much of that stuff...
    md - congrats on the weight loss thats great news
    queenie - listening for that whistle lol mine popped out fully a few weeks before i went into labour i think...
    leanne - well done on the 1.4kgs hopefully i will have something to report like that next week

Well she passed the ultrasound, was a little angel, just lay there looking around while they checked her out.

ETA: Have put some photos up in my gallery
    Last edited by Cally; October 24th, 2007 at 05:01 PM.

Noni, well done on starting WW - I've never been but lots of ppl I know have had good results & they have recipes and useful things like that too. The medicare card prolly wasn't enough ID as there's no signature or picture on it so hence needing some official letters with your name and address.

Cally - well done Katie passing your US!! And what's more you are a gorgeous little girl!!

Ok - yep with the bibs, I knew about this beforehand and stocked up in colours that match most of her clothes LOL it's practically a fashion accessory! LOL

Wakey time - E has tummy time when she's awake long enough after a feed - otherwise it all just comes back up! She also has sister time with H who has firm opinions as to which toys etc are E's favorites. LOL She's not into her playgym yet..that'll come. She's not really awake long enough for anything else.

We did tummy time yesterday a bit too soon after a feed! She spewed it up and then did a faceplant in it - not pretty!! So tummy time is now at the end of play time.

Cally Lol at the faceplant. Thats wonderful news about the us.

MD how cute H having firm opinions on E's favorite toys. Logan is ok under the playgym for a few minutes but I need to lay down with him and play.

Noni I would have thought that would be enough info to open an account. We are going to the bank this arvo to open one for Logan so we can put money into it for him. Good luck with WW.

Ella good luck with your nephew hopefully he doesnt destroy your house.

I spent the whole day yesterday thinking it was Tuesday, which means I missed the open clinic and didnt take Logan to get weighed. I am going to go up there this morning and see if I can do it, I dont need any assistance so it shouldnt be a problem. I am also going to go and get the photos printed as I didnt go yesterday. Might try and get some more Christmas shopping done.

morning everyone - a VERY EXHAUSTED pregpan here!!! Noah did not go to sleep until 2am.... I haveno idea what was going on - we started our night routine at 7.15 - bath, feed, rock and sleep but he would not sleep - wanted another feed at 8.20 so gave him1 side (he had 2 at 7.15) and then wanted another feed at 9.15 so he got another side... then he still wouldnt sleep and was screaming whenever we lay him on back (this is so unlike him) and just wanted t be cuddled... poor boy we had no idea what was wrong, i dont think it was wind as nothing came up in burps and colic positions did nothing to soothe him... finally i fed him again at 1 (i was worried it was discomfort from too much milk!) and rocked him for an hour and he went to sleep... he then did his usual wake up at 4.45 and then 7.30 (later than usual)... I am SO tired!!!! We took temp etc and it was ok (maybe little low?) and the milk rash seems to have spreada bit, i was worried he was ill?? anyone have any clues??? do you think this is the 6 week unsettled period? we did quite a bit yest (ABA appt and OB appt and then we went out for dinner at 6 - just a quick one at the local shops)so do you think it was too much for him? or is this a new phase (PLEASE NO!!!). I hope he had a sleep later so i can get some sleep too...

Cally - so glad that the US went well - well done Katie!!! For play time we are just starting to do more - he likes his mat (i took off a lot of the toys so he just has 2, i thought the full set was too much for him - he now swipes at the toys), i sing to him, we dance around to some music (he likes brazillian music!!), he LOVES his rocker if i bounce him (this also makes him poo!! LOL) and also the electric swing (which he is in now)... i also have a book BABY PLAY which is good - has ideas for all ages up to 1 yr so i will start some things from there. and i get some ideas (similar to what is in baby play ) from gymbaroo. One thing i am going to start is balloons, we use one at gymbaroo - just bounce it in front of him, wave in front of him etc and he loves it. Also i sit with him on fit ball, or sit him on it (well supported by me LOL) and bounce him or roll him on his tummy or side to side and he loves this (also from gymbaroo) - will think of some more when i am less tired and let you know. it is so hard to know what to do with them isnt it. i findhe just klikes looking at my face and hearing voice too so sometimesi just sit him up looking at me and talk tohim about random things. this gets smiles!!

Noni - how frustrating at bank - hope it works for you next time! WTG on joining WW - take it easy though you have lost a lot already!

Pregpan, sorry you had a rough night. We had a bad afternoon a few days ago where Will was really cranky all day and by evening he was screaming. I gave him some Gaviscon infant which seemed to do the trick as he has been having a few reflux symptoms. It is so hard to know what is wrong with them - one morning Will woke up screaming, I rushed to the room and as soon as I got there he let rip a huge fart, then went straight back to sleep.

I am struggling with what to do with him during awake time. He gets bored if he is left in his bouncer for very long but I find it hard to think of things to do with him. He likes to sit on my lap facing me and we go bounce, bounce, bounce kiss. That usually gets huge smiles.

BTW, thanks Leanne for the burp twist tip, it has been working really well (and congrats on the weight loss - that is a really good amount!)

ahhhh just lost all my post
    ty for the encouragement on ww hoping they can help me eat a bit more but make healthier choices coz atm i think the way i am losing is not particularly healthy...
    arte - it is hard isn't it when they just scream for something like they need to fart lol
    pregpan - sorry to hear u had a bad night... Ash has those nights evedry now n then not really sure why hope u have a better one tnite...
    ozstar - lol i am malways thinking its the wrong day then i make plans n almost miss them haha
    cally - katie is georgeous!! how long is she? looks tall!
    md - thats sooo cute about H how old is she now?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast