Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #5

Hi Hayley, welcome back! Congratulations on Madeline's birth - what a lovely name you have chosen! No need to feel alone with the FF - the pain of BFing can be excruciating I know and you will get plenty of support and understanding in this thread!

Fianne - I'm glad you had your MIL there to help. I was lucky enough to have DH home for nearly the full 6 weeks - just as well too because I wouldn't have managed without him (wasn't really able to carry E for a long time). Good luck with the LC, you'll have to share if she gives you any really good tips!

Noni, if you're ever worried about a rash take them to the drs, and especially if they have a temp as well. Does your dr bulk bill for babies? The dr I take the kids to bulk bills for under 5s so you know you can take them in to get checked out anytime. I thought milk rash was on the face...E has been getting a bit of heat rash under her chubby chin as it has been warmer here lately. I *hate* summer!! If Asha is developing a favorite toy make sure you buy one or two spares and rotate them through the wash as she will be devastated if it ever gets lost!

Arte, we abandoned having the cradle mattress up for the same reason, I tried to make a v-shaped wedge under it but then she slid down to the bottom of the cot and I was terrified she'd end up under the blanket so that was the end of that. We're having success with the Gaviscon combined with holding her upright for a half hour or so after a feed during the day - I give her 3 lots of Gaviscon during the daytime and then we don't seem to need it at night, though I have it ready to mix in case we do.

Renee your weekend sounds wonderful! That's gorgeous that Rory is laughing now, E hasn't quite got there (but she's had a little chuckle once or twice but so quick I nearly missed it). ETA - Wow about work - do you really want to do it - maybe take a few days to think about it before you decide 100%?

Had a complete disaster at the shops this morning. E was doing fine until we got to Aldi and then she started crying. So normally I would have just stopped and fed her BUT at Aldi they have no seats - not inside not outside - no where near by. So I thought, well I'm only getting corned beef, nappies and a cauliflower - 10 mins tops - WRONG - it took double that and she just screamed the entire time. I felt like such a baaaaad mother. Which isn't true they just need to put a courtesy bench out the front. So I'm going to ring around and find out if there's anyone I can lobby to install one.

ETA - Sherie - I'm glad you didn't get any damage, will your PILs damage be covered by insurance - what a pain waiting to get it all fixed, you would really notice not having your telecommunications out there! Alister's a bit cheeky saving up all his smiles for daddy!
    Last edited by AnyDream; October 29th, 2007 at 11:00 AM.

Noni Logan had milk rash, it has just gone away- although he still has a few little spots. I wouldnt go back to the Dr unless it seems like it is bothering her or she get a fever or something.

Sherie we had a big storm here at 4.30 this morning. No hail but thunder so loud our windows shook. We got a nice down puour too. Logan is doing the same thing smiling wise and DH thinks its hillarious.

Reene what are you going to do about work then? Lucky you having a facial and some time out. I am off for some pampering at the end of next month- I cant wait. Thats awesome that Rory is sleeping through, I wish Logan would sleep that long. I only have to get once normally though so I shouldnt complain. We got our camera for about $650 with a bag to put in too, it' sa great little JVC hard drive one.

Arte I hope you get some sleep.

Cally good luck at your check up.

Fianne sounds like Max is doing pretty well. I hate when people ask "are they a good baby", I figure they are all good some are just a little more challenging then others.

Logan gets his needles this Thursday and on Sunday our antenatal class is catching up for morning tea.

Hayley welcome to the group you will find loads of support in here for all aspects of parenting. Sounds like you and Maddie are doing really well.

Katie, you are so right about the 'some being more challenging'. If anyone asked me about Erin when she was a baby, truthfully I could say yes, she was a good baby because she ate and slept well, but holy mackrell - when she wasn't doing either of those she was a very high maintenance baby LMAO - still is a high maintenance child Thank god the two that came after her have had wonderfully placid natures or I would have sent then back LOL.

Marydean, it's so hard when you need to feed bubs and you can't find anywhere to feed. Once with Erin I had to stop in the supermarket and feed her as I had a full trolley already. I found one of the little stools the shelve packers use and sat on that, got the boob out and away I went. Although there was one old man who didn't realise what I was doing until he was right in front of me and I've never seen a walking frame move that fast LOL (probably mean to laugh at that but gee it looked funny).

Sherie, usually I just park the trolley and go out to a seat just out the front of the shop, then go back in and resume shopping (I never put cold things in until last anyway) - easy peasy. Also necessary when you are toilet training a toddler ("Mummy I need to go to the toilet NOW!!!!!!") LOL about the walking frame speeding away!! If they don't put a seat in I might have to start taking DH's camping stool shopping with me LOL!

Sherie pmsl at the old man, I am just picturing it.

MD I have only had to do one feed while we are out so far and it was near myer so I just went into the parents room. I hope you get somewhere with having a chair put in. It would be pretty funny though to see you pop open a camping chair in Aldi and start feeding, Aldi probably sell them there you could always just "borrow one" for a few minutes lol.

renee - must be hard thinking about leaving rory do u miss work though?? are you going to put him in daycare?? after working in long day care id go for something like family day care less kids and less stress on them.. though i looked after 2 and up so not really sure what its like in babies rooms...
    thanks for the info on milk rash sherie - pretty sure thats what it is that and maybe a bit of heat rash as well poor poppet lol @ your old man story gotta do what u gotta do though
    md - yep our dr bulk bills for everyone we did take her bit she didn't have as much of it then thats why i was asking.. no fever phew.. lol @ your camping chair @ aldi.. problem with her fave toy is that we got given it and i dnt know where i would get another one like it lol might have to start introducing some of her other toys (shes got millions) see if she can get attatched to a few diff ones lol...
    katie - needles this thursday does that mean hes 2mths old???

Ozstar - we got that storm this morning too. It was some of the loudest thunder I have ever heard. I guess we will have to get the vaccinations done next week. Not looking forward to that.

Sherie, I don't have a stop-them-wriggling-er, but I might give the muslin barrier a try. I have been putting him in the pram during the day as it has a slight incline. I am very envious of Alister's happy sleep pattern.

MD, I was in a cafe with my two BIL the other day waiting for DH and Will started to cry. There was nowhere to go so I had to feed in front of them. I don't mind strangers seeing me feed, but I find it weird to feed in front of male family members. I did score a fantastic seat at Borders the other day, but I think the girl next to me was a bit annoyed by all the slurping noises though.

Noni - Will had red spots all over his sides and back the other day but the midwife said it was just a heat rash.

I'm with Noni, Renee, I'm a big family day care fan - having said that you've got to chose your carer well - I've had a dodgy one that ended in grief. Mostly have all been brilliant and they practically end up like family members.

Arte - I agree male family members- and male co-workers - eeeew! Will have to hide in an office somewhere to feed if I go to morning tea at work one day!!

md my cousin used to go to family day care with this lovely lady who used to send home cakes and things lol she just loved the children and their families and as u said become a part of the family.. there are some greak workers in childcare centres though its all about doing your research..

Hello Ladies

Apologies for not getting online - i believe I have missed the whole No#4 thread! Good to hear you girls are still chatting madly away.

I do hope everyone has been well. I can't believe DD is 5 wks old on Wed. As pple have been telling me time flies - they weren't wrong! lol.

Been lots busy here and struggling to get online. Got an assignment due (for TAFE on 12 Nov) just found out. yikes. lol. better get onto it.

DD is going well. Lil fatty has a round stomach which sticks out at the sides when she is lying on her back. I am a little concerned because she is only feeding for like 10 mins per side. Does this mean she is only just getting the foremilk and no hindmilk? Also can someone confirm do the letdowns of milk come every 7 or 14 mins? When she is feeding I can't physically 'feel' the letdown is this normal?

I will get around to reading the posts and having a go at some personals.

SB Logan only has 10 min each side, he is emptying each breast. Some babies are just quicker then others. Is she putting on weight and having lots of wet nappies?

I was in the processing of applying to run a family day care when I found out I was pregnant. It is something I would still like to do when Logan is older. They are great places for kids to be.

Noni yep Logan hit the 8 week mark today. I cant beleive how quickly it has gone.

We are getting warnings of another storm this afternoon, sounds like it might be a big one.

Hi SupaB! I think little Miss is just becoming very efficient at feeding now. There are different schools of thought about the foremilk/hindmilk - some say that the foremilk comes first and then the hindmilk and others will say there is no separation and it all comes out the same - make of that what you will LOL. If her little tummy is starting to look fat then I think she's doing just fine Good luck with your assignment too - knowing you, you will ace it!

Arte, I was also a bit funny about feeding in front of male relatives too. LOL at the slurping noises - he must have been enjoying his tucker

If I had to ever use daycare, I would chose family daycare over a centre anyday. The children really seem to thrive on it and they have organised playgroups for the daycare mums and that too, so the kids do get to interract with other children outside their daycare group.

Thanks girls. Wow it is amazing to think she went from feeding for 1 hr down to 1/2 hr! After she has fed for like 7-10 mins she grunts and screws up her face and pulls her head away from my bb. ouchie! Is this because there is no milk coming out? and I have to 'relax' to make the next download come thru?

I am thinking of going to see a lactation consultant

oh no I wouldnt put Rory into daycare. I think he is too young and I dont like the idea of having someone I dont know look after him. My mum has Wednesdays off and has offered over and over again to look after him for me. I might speak to my MIL too, maybe mum and her could alternate weeks??
    After turning them down when they wanted me to do 2 days a week Dwayne told me he wasnt too keen on me going back to work so soon.

Just got back from the shops. My brother bought Rory the cutest little Christmas outfit And I bought some hand painted glass christmas boubals (sp, not even close), I have always wanted them but could never afford it. Im going to make it a Christmas tradition to buy a few every year. ohhh im soo excited about Christmas this year, its going to be magic!

Rory was sooooooo good when he was getting his hands & feet cast! He must of liked the feel of the paste because he kept smiling ang gurgling the whole way through. The woman was amazed at how alert and focused he was. She said he must of already been here before in another life. Funny she said that because someone else told me that too.
    Last edited by reneenay; October 29th, 2007 at 04:22 PM.

Renee, that's great that you have family to look after him. So what do you think you will do then? When the cast is all finished, you will have to post a pic of it for us.

Supa, do you think it's wind? She probably gets a big belly full of milk and then the grunt is a 'man, i'm so full' type thing?

SupaB, Elisabeth has been doing a similar thing, pulling away - ouch - I watch for it now and try to detach her before it hurts. Yes I have to concentrate on relaxing for the next let down as well - a few deep breaths and dropping my shoulders usually works. Not sure about the timing of letdowns - not sure it'd be helpful to time them anyway?? You'll know you've had a let down as she'll start swallowing more frequently - not all women get a let-down sensation (tho I do and it's so strong it hurts LOL)! Seeing an LC might help you to feel more confident about what you're doing.

Oooh Renee you'll have to start Rory on the finger painting soon!

good morning everyone- finally get a chance to read some posts and join in this new thread. sometimes lewis just won't let me put him down and it's impossible to get anything done at all. have skimmed over this thread- sometimes it moves so fast doesn't it? you miss a couple of days and so much happens!!
    we got through the weekend with our 7 guests from sydney! everyone had a great time and loved lewis. he was very well behaved the whole time everyone was here and was happy to be passed around from person to person and wasn't upset at all by loud music and talking etc.- the boys can get a bit rowdy after a few beers!! lewis only really whinged a couple of times -mostly when he needed to be changed. everyone thought he was the cruisiest baby ever and was very impressed by him....then.....on sunday night after everyone had left he fully cracked it!! i think it was just all too much for him and he got over tired. it was hard cos i was extremely tired too and the house was a mess and dp was hungover...so i had a big cry and got a bit emotional and we all had a big cuddle and it was ok. it's just very different now because my needs don't come first anymore. lewis is the most important thing and it feels like there's no time for me anymore and i can't just drop the bundle and crack it cos he needs me all the time iykwim? i have a whole new appreciation for my own parents now. i really don't think i ever understood what they had done for me.....
    anyway i'm feeling a lot better today and am off to my friend's house for lunch.i'm still a little nervous about breast feeding in front of people i know- especially other mothers who are more experienced than me cos i think they're gonna tell me i'm doing it wrong or something. will be nice to get out of the house though and catch up with her. i've even put a bit of make up on for the first time in a month!! woo hoo....and perfume too...oh how my life has changed lol
    sorry about selfish post- i can't remember everything i've read- but hello to everyone and i hope you're all having a nice day with your beautiful bubs. queenie i hope you're giving birth right now!! lol
    gotta run- lewis is just waking up. might try to feed him before i go out xoxo

Morning Ladies,

Well Sorry I have been MIA but Xavier has been really sick with temps up to 39. The DR said he has a throat infection and as well as teething however he has been a lot better since yesterday thankgod. There is nothing worse than seeing one of your babies sick. DH Finally arrived home on Sunday much to our delight. Olivia is fine and I have had to rebook her needles till this thursday. Well Hello to everyone and I will catch up later.
    Have a Wonderful Day

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast