Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #5

hi girls!

so much for me keeping up to date with the posts - this is my first time on in nearly a week i think!! i don't know how you all find time to keep up - especially those of you with multiple children!!

things here are going well. still lots of pain feeding. went to the Dr about my nipples last fri (have some very deep cracks that weren't healing at all). she said it was most likely thrush and gave me some ointment to use. have been using it for 5 days now and there is no noticeable improvement - not sure whether to go back again and ask her to take a swab.. might give it another week...

Abigail is such an easy baby. she has the occasional crying fit when she is inconsoleable, but other than that is no trouble at all...

queenie - sorry to hear that you're still waiting!! i was in active labour for 17 hours (after 6 days of pre-labour!!) and i suspect that there would have been some type of medical intervention to speed things along if i had gone into hospital when it all started... so, if you can, i would recommend staying at home as long as possible! also, if the hospital that you're going to has a bath i would really recommend it - i think if it weren't for labouring in the bath for the last few hours i would have really struggled and may have asked for some drugs...

Hayley - there is a great photographer called Linda Norris based in Vic Park. she used to be a wedding photographer (did my wedding) but now only does baby/kid photos. my sister has had some done by her and they really are gorgeous!! i'm not sure what her charges are, but may be worth investigating...

ok, am off to Weight Watchers now - this is my first time ever!! i still have 8 kgs to lose so thought i may as well get started sooner rather than later... i've been eating crap lately so it's no surprise that the weight isn't falling off, but i'm hoping that the pressure of a weekly weigh-in will make me a little more disciplined...

Well we havent had a great morning. Fed at 12.30am, then 3.30. He then woke up screaming at 5.00, we fed (only 5 min) and then sat up and listened to music until he fell asleep at 6.00. Woke at 6.45 happy and chatting but is grizzly again now. I think he is just tired. Hopefully he sleeps today and isnt unsettled like yesterday. We see the nurse today so I will see what she thinks.

Sherie I got rid of the shields yesterday as the nipple is feeling better. Oooohh what a lovely car, lol at not wanting to let the kids in it. I am sure it wont take them long to have it looking like you have owned it for years.

ETA Ella sounds like your stil having a rought time feeding, good on you for sticking it out!

I have been meaning to ask all you WW girls, can you do it on your own without singing up? Or is it a program where you really need to attend meetings etc?
    Last edited by Ozstar; October 31st, 2007 at 08:59 AM.

off to ww this morning lol i am not looking forward to it because i think i havnt been doing very well.. still sticking within my points but sometimes not eating enough points or sometimes eating less food and making bad food choices iykwim... ah well maybe it will motivate me if i dnt do too well i am kinda nervous about stepping on the scale infront of someone who is expecting me to lose weight lol...
    sherie - Asha stayed relatively settled last night... no screaming atleast but she wouldnt settle in her cot so she slept in with me most the night... must admit though i like cuddling with her and waking up with her next to me hehe... think the medicine techniques come from working in childcare.. try giving medicine to an autistic two year old that dosnt want to take it, poor possum we got there eventually though...
    haley - Asha has very awake times too shes quite the alert baby.. i dnt worry about it unless she seems upset or it affects her in some way but usually it dosn't she just dosn't want to miss any of the action lol...
    ella - i am hoping for the same thing with the weekly weigh in lol... glad abigail is good for you..
    ozstar - the meetings (keep in mind ive only been to one) are just a support kinda thing.. ppl talk about what they have trouble with and get advice and each week is a new topic eg last week was all about healthy snack choices.. i know leanne was saying she signed up but just goes for the weigh ins to keep herself motivated... if you want to join theres a coupon on their website that makes it $15 for the first meeting and sign up instead of 30 to sign up and 17 for the meeting then you could decide whether to keep going after that... if you bought their little points guide thingy you probably could do it at home by yourself(you can get it from the meeting or their online site...

Morning All,

Noni- I too am off to WW this morning. Good Luck.

Looks like Wednesday is WWWednesday! Good luck starting up Ella! Don't wait too long before you go back to the dr if what she's given you is not working - did your Dr also give you some drops for Abigail's mouth?

Katie - yay for getting rid of those shields! Another little milestone - although you know they're always there if you need them again.

Noni - I hope you find WW to be motivating and not too confronting, I *hate* my weigh-in days at the dietician (she can be quite scary and tough) but I suppose that's part of the good motivation. Healthy snack choices, now there's a topic we could all do a bit more of (she says having just polished off an exotic fruit scone)!

Sherie - Yaaaaaaay for your new car! I don't know what a captiva is but I will watch the telly car ads until I see one. Have fun hooning around those dirt roads in it, won't you?!

Looks like E has settled back down to being her normal contented self again (must've been the 6 week horrors last week). She was soooo smiley and chatty when she got up this morning and is now having a loooong nap. Feel like I'm doing the right things again. Hope it stays this way as we're now in count down mode until DH goes away *sigh*. Just for 4 days but 2nd trip is a week and a half ! Not looking forwards to that.

Well I went to WW and only lost 0.2kg. I was trying really hard too. Oh well I must try harder this week.

Sherie- Congrats on getting your new car.
    MD- I am glad that E has settled back down now. I know how you feel about DH going away. I was the same.

Xavier is doing so much better now, no more temps thank god and Olivia selpt last night from 6.30pm till 2.30am. Wow I needed that sleep. I have been trying to hold her feeds out till at least 6.00pm at night with a shower with mummy or daddy before bottle then bed after bottle then its the boys turn with showers about 7.00pm and bed so that mummy and daddy have a nice quiet house with all 3 babies sleeping by 7.30 or 8.00pm at the lastest. Oh what bliss...lol. Well I hope this routine lasts. Olivia has been enjoying her showers with us.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

lol ww wednesday....
    well i lost .8 lol not great but not too bad considering i only have 5kgs to lose to be in the healthy weight range before the .8... lol they gave me a sticker i feel like i am back in school..
    leanne - .2 is still good after the 1.4 last week everything in the loss direction is good!!!
    md - i did feel really nervous before i stepped on the scale but i do feel motivated to have a good outcome next week..

Noni- Thanks for the support. My DH said the same thing. Congrats on your weight loss.

Guess what everyone...lOOk at my signature...yep my photos are up!! (only took 7 weeks LOL)!

MD- Love the photos- E is beautiful. My DH is putting some photos on the same site for me as I am a spas with computers.lol.

awwwwww so cute !!! was going to ask you for some pics MD

MD - she's gorgeous. Love the way you've put one up from each week, you can really see how she changes.

Well K snuck an extra feed in last night. Luckily she didn't want awake time until after the 9:30 feed this morning, I was so worried that she would at 6am and I would not have enjoyed that at all! At 5:15 her nightie was all wet (spews) and she had wriggled out of her wrap so I think she must have got cold. She is a little escape artist sometimes, no matter how tight I do her up, she gets those arms out!

Sherie - glad the car has arrived, will be a lot easier getting out and about now.

Passed my doctor's appt on Monday. We weighed DD and she has gained 600g in 3 weeks so that is good. Up to 4.2kg. Booked her in for the immunisation, not looking forward to that. Mum will be down that day so might get her to come in with me.

Ella - have you tried feeding in a different position? I had huge cracks that wouldn't heal and after 2 days feeding her on that side while lying down, they had healed up.

DH is playing cricket on Saturday in a town 4 hrs away (Eden). So we will have the whole day to ourselves. They wanted him to play on Sunday too and didn't understand when he said no because he had a baby at home. I would have been ringing up and giving his apologies for him - no way I could have coped with 2 whole days by myself, I need that time out on the weekends before I get into the following week.

Does anyone know when they grow out of the startle reflex and start gaining more control of their arms?

Cally- Olivia would always get her arms out too so I just stopped wrapping her up.

Hello ladies. Im at work and im missing you all I have called mum 3 times already to check on Rory LOL. He is doing fine but I miss him like crazy

Marydean - Love the photo's! Elisabeth is a little angel! Its so great to put a face to the name after all this time. We have been chatting for over a year now (inc TTC)! Oh and I love Elisabeth's one week old photograph with the orange blanket. It looks like she is doing a Zoolander pose, blue steel! Ridiculously good-looking haha

WIll get back on later tonight to read all threads
    Last edited by reneenay; October 31st, 2007 at 02:35 PM.

oh MD she is just gorgeous - my goodness she is just like her big sister! And look at the one of you & DH holding her; you are so serene and beautiful, it says it all! MAkes me feel quite excited about our own impending birth!
    which brings me to the (modestly) exciting news of yet more CM, a weeny tint of pink, and the fact that I've been moody and blah all day with the TENS machine attached. Also had a sleep as was knackered from being up part of the night timing cx (got down to 3 mins apart, 90 secs long but not that painful at one point - WTF?? and then they buggered off again) but should I be trying to keep active now I'm up again? Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Queenie; October 31st, 2007 at 03:40 PM.

Marydean - Elisabeth is just so cute! I love the idea behind her middle name.

Ella - Thanks I will check out Linda Norris. Someone did mention her name to me before but I forgot about it. I'd just love to get some nice photos done of Maddie, why do they have to be so expensive! Well worth it I guess.

Cally - I have the same problem with Maddie and her escaping arms. Most of the time though I find that it doesnt seem to bother her. She loves having her arms up above her head.

I find with Maddie during the night that she will wake up briefly and have a little whinge for about 30 seconds...so I get up to go to her thinking yep she's hungry now, and by the time I get to her bassinet, she's asleep again. So I leave her. She will do this 3 or four times during the night. Am I doing the right thing by leaving her, or should I be picking her up? I do finally pick her up when her crying goes on for longer than a min and I can tell she isnt going to stop!

Queenie maybe go on a nice long walk, only if you have someone with you though. Dont go to overboeard with the activity tho, you may just need your energy very very soon .

Renee how long to go until your home with your baby boy? Sounds like you are doing really well, well done.

MD she E is absolutly gorgeous. You look so proud.

Noni and Leanne Congrats to both of you on your weight loss! I am going to get my butt into gear also and start trying to shed some kg's.

Had a nice day out today, ad lunch with a girlfriend and her bubba. I took Logan to get weighed he has just cracked the 5kg mark. The nurse said he is doing really well and that I am doing all the right things, its so nice to hear.

queenie- not long to go now.
    Hayley- I would just leave her and pick her up only if she is awake. With Olivia I just check to see if her eyes are open then I pick her up and give her a bottle but if her eyes are shut then I just put her dummy back in and go back to bed.
    Katie- Glad to see you had a nice day out. And congrats on logan doing so well.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast