Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #8

Morning Everyone

holding bub and typing, sorry for any mistakes.

i put Scarlet to bed at 8pm last night, Dreamfeed at 1am and she woke me up at 3am crying but still asleep so i put her in bed with us and she slept till 8:30 - This is the first day that i don't feel sleepy in ages!

Noni ~ Listing all that cool stuff just made me want to do more baby shopping!

Scarlet got the tall genes from our families, DF is 6'4, MIL is 5'10 and my dad is 6'5... I can't believe how fast she's growing - All the 000 and some of the 0000 two peice outfits and dresses still fit her, It's just the jumpsuits with legs i'm having trouble with and she barely fits in her bath anymore lol.

Hayley ~ Yay ~ a baby shower, Now you have all experience to get great gifts!

I know what you mean about feeling unfashionable... i haven't bought new clothes since i was first PG & there's a limited amount of my pre preg clothes that fit now, I've been waiting till i get my body back but i'm starting to think i'll be waiting a while!

Sherie ~ wow, i can't believe your appointment is so long away, I hope you get in on a cancellation!

Starting Karicare gold this morning ~ i hope it doesn't upset her.

Hayley xx

oh crap i just wrote a huge post n lost it all!!!
    might get some chrissy shopping done today n maybe her pic with santa if i can find anything cute that fits her properly lol might be waiting a few weeks lol...
    Ash seems to have settled into a routine now sort of.. she has a night feed anywhere from 8 - 11 lol dp gets hme n feeds her round 3am then she wakes at 7 and comes to bed with us till about 10:30 when she feeds again its a bit of a funny pattern but i'm getting used to it now lol
    lp -well done on the dream feed!!! gl on karicare gold.. weare using nan gold, gp told us golds are better because they have more vitamins n stuff, some ppl say they casue comstipation but we havnt found that...
    sherie - thanks for the info i am so nervous about ashas needles coz apparantly i was really sick after mine
    agnes - hope he gets better soon hopefully the cooler weather will help
    katie - asha smiles alot now but as soon as the camera is out she always stops n i miss it lol

oopsies - i asked my mum to pick up the formula for me on the way over and she accidentally got the normal Karicare one, oh well it'll have to do for now - can't be any worse then the goats milk she's been on i guess!

Noni - Dont you hate it when you type something then lose it!! I'm the same with trying to catch smiles on camera, its so hard. Yep the prams were new, i've got steelcraft terrain which is so sturdy, good for walking, but a road train in the shops MIL bought us this one as well, mclaren stroller which mum bought me, its excellent and now this strider pram. I think our mums are just so exited about a new baby they love buying her stuff. Glad Asha is starting to get a little pattern happening, makes it so much easier doesnt it.

Hayley - Glad that the dreamfeed is working well for you. Last night I fed Maddie at 8 and she fell asleep around 9. I usually do the dreamfeed around 10/10.30 so last night I thought I'd do a little experiment and wont wake her, lets see how long she goes. Well wont be doing that again...she woke at 2am and it was a real shock to the system! To top it off I had one of those awful nights where you lie there thinking about random things and therefore cant sleep, went to bed at 10.30, still awake at 1am!!! So I'm buggered today. Good luck with the Karicare!

Sherie - Glad the needles are all over and done with, for now. Oh I hate making appointments! My Doc always seems to be full and I cant get an appt for a couple of wks. Once I was so angry (I was pregnant and stressing, hadnt felt bub move etc etc) I gave the poor receptionist an earful, so not like me at all, but I was just so frustrated because it was a bit of an emergency in my mind. What are you meant to do when its urgent!? That was me that mentioned the christening and I'm feeling the same way, i'm not religious (Tim is catholic), we dont go to church, wouldnt it be selfish of us to christen her just to get her into a good school? Thats doing it for the wrong reasons really isnt it. Ohhh dont know what to do, DP is keen on doing it now - he is a catholic school boy and wants the same for Maddie.

Agnes - Sounds like these are common symtoms after the needles? Maybe if he i still the same tomorrow, check with the Doc. I'll keep this in mind, we have ours next wk. I'm a bit excited about this strider, its pretty funky looking as well isnt it?

Katie - I cant wait for the laughing! I'm hoping Maddie will be a real giggly baby, like I was (and still am!!!!). Isnt it great having a video camera. I wish my parents had one when us girls were babies, it is so interesting to look back on. One day you can show Logan, "Look how small and adorable you were....what happened!" Hehe just kidding. I'm sure he will always be adorable in your eyes, even when he's a naughty boy! & gosh he is getting a big boy isnt he, nice and healthy.

I'm watching Maddie on her play gym, she is so fascinated with looking at herself in the mirror! Gonna go play with her...bye 4 now!

lp, max was on karicare gold + but dp accidentally bought just gold (w/o the +) and we find that it's less "bubbly" and i don't know if that's why she spews a little less now. and definitely no constipation. minimum of 2 a day for the little one.
    such a shame! max had last bottle at about 8pm so i expected to get up at midnight for the next feed. woke up at 1 and she was still happilly sleeping! problem was, i was sick! must've got some bug yesterday, and i am feverish w/ achy bones and nothing inside me! made dp stay home this morning but he had to go meet someone who was flying out today. am feeling better tho. anyway, max didn't wake until 2 or 3 for feed and i missed my chance for a longer block of sleep.
    smiles....same problem. she's so free w/ them until the camera comes out & her fascination w/ the camera distracts her from smiling.
    HEARD MY FIRST CHUCKLE TODAY!!! she was asleep in my arms and next thing i knew she was chuckling!!! did it 2x! it was so cute! brouoght tears to my eyes. and she's now appreciating her mobiles. talks to them.
    sherie, thanks for the side effects list.
    hope everyone's had a better momrning.

hello everyone!!
    very tired today. just skimmed over everyone's posts- it's been very busy in here hasn't it??
    well i got a new fisher price rainforest cradle swing and i have to say it has been the second best baby investment ever (1st best is hab!). lewis loves it and it has bought me about an extra 2 hours of free time a day. i can actually have a shower and make some toast. yah!!!
    unfortunately i broke my toe so i'm in a bit of pain atm. dp had ds in the shower and was calling out to me to come and get him. i was in a rush and wacked my toe on the side of a door really hard. it absolutely killed, so i'm back on the panadeine again!
    sorry for selfish post, will catch up on personals later. hope everyone is well and enjoying the cool change (in melb!) xox

hey there just a quick one from me too typings not so easy atm...
    was making dp lunch today and had so many things on my mind doing a million things at once and a picked up a pan that had been in the oven gee it kills i have to somehow figure out how to wash up coz i have these dressing things on my fingers ughhh...
    got Ashas pic taken with santa its v cute

Gah! Just typed a post and lost it!!

Weary here today, started Chrissy shopping after new mum's group. Does anyone have a Lamaze Spin & Explore Garden Gym? Saw one today and it looks COOL, just wondering how much use E will get out of it if she's already 3.5 mths old when Santa brings it? Any thoughts?

Dh's back (yay!) but threat of sudden trip away is looming again (boo)! Hoping it doesn't interfere with our w/end trip...

Sherie if it's any consolation, that's how long it took to get H into a dermatologist here in the nation's capital. Even scarier, it was the same to see a cardiologist (!!).

Noni, we're having a lil clothing crisis too, E's growing out of her 000 onesies (the pants all still fit her, it's the length of her body that's long).

Pregpan & Cally, it's the baby & kids market again this weekend, if you're interested. I might see you there if DH gets sent away (it'd be my consolation prize for not going up to the 'gong, I guess)!

ETA - Gracie and Noni, I just read your injury posts (not sure how I missed them before??) TAKE CARE ladies! Gracie I have been there with the domestic broken toe several times and I feel for you hun!
    Last edited by AnyDream; November 22nd, 2007 at 07:35 PM.

Gracie - Ouch sounds painful! Its bad enough when you stub your toe, let alone break it! The cradle swing looks excellent, I've seen it in Toys R Us. I live in Toys R Us these days...

Noni - Oh no you as well! Everyone is in the wars today. Hope it heals quickly for you. Can you post Asha's santa pic?

Marydean - Is that the gym where you put the baby on a spinny thing on their tummy? If so, it does look cool.

md- i can't believe you've had a broken toe too! it kills doesn't it? i thought i was the only fool that could get a broken toe without even leaving my house! lol

noni- ouch!!hope your burns aren't too bad. sounds horrible

hayley- you love toys r us!!wish the one nearest to us was a bit closer, i'd be there all the time. has maddie's nursery got a 'theme' to it??

Hi everyone
    i have read all posts, and did personals in my head, but they probably won't make it into type lol.
    Hayley - Jess and Zoe have been baptised and Hannah will be too - but Dh and I are both Catholic (not exactly practicing though) I guess the thing to think about is that it isn't really going to hurt anyone if you do get Maddie baptised. re - the price - it is normally just a donation, so something that you would discuss with the priest. ( i don't think we even paid for the girls baptisms. woopsie!!!)
    Sherie - i'm glad that Lindsay is much better and that Alister's needles went ok.

Well - i went shopping today with the girls (to see Santa and get some freebie toys lol) and while i was putting the girls in the car, (in underground carpark) this guy rode up on his bike - and stopped a few metres away from the car. (thought it was strange because there was no reason for him to be there) i caught something out of the corner of my eye when i looked over - and guess what - he had his leg up with his penis hanging out of his shorts. I quickly got in the car and locked it - and he adjusted himself and rode off. I was sooooo angry!! felt a little violated. Drove around the car park looking for security - but there was no-one around. Will go to the police beat tomorrow and let them know. There sure are some weirdos in this world. Filthy b@$tard!!
    anyway - i hope all your lovely little cuties have wonderful sleeps for you tonight. - better go and spend some quality time with Dh.

Yep, Gracie - twice! I have sneaky walls and doors

That's the one Hayley! You've reminded me to check the Toys r us catalogue online...still seeking Christmas inspiration here!

ETA OMG Jazmum, it's not even december yet and the freaks are out already! They say the best thing to do is laugh at them...

BTW, it's E's vaccinations tomorrow. *sigh* Hate doing it really. Poor lil innocent creature about to be stuck with needles...
    Last edited by AnyDream; November 22nd, 2007 at 08:27 PM.

Hey everyone ~

We had a late night last night, BIL (who is only 12) showed up here on his push bike bawling his eyes out and saying he wanted to live here because his mum was a liar - he rode 100km's in the pitch dark and wouldn't tell us what had happened, he just kept saying "you'll hate me and if i talk about i'll cry and you guys will cry.".. He had us so worried...

anyway we got it out of him and it turns out his dad told him that he and DF were only half brothers and his mum confirmed it.
    He's always known that they have different dad's, It just never occured to him that that meant they were half brothers and he thought when DF found out he wouldn't like him anymore - of course DF has always known and everyone just assumed that BIL knew too - DF had to sit with him for hours and reassure him that it didn't make a difference...

We were so relieved that nothing was seriously wrong and trying our hardest not to laugh.
    He's such an emotional kid - He's coming to live with is for 3 months in Jan, I don't know how we'll go.

Karicare seems to be going okay - I guess it's a bit early to tell though.

Gracie ~ I hope your toe isn't holding you back too much - ouch - I'm getting one of the fisher price swings for Scarlet tomorrow, She seems to be getting bored of her play mats.

Noni ~ Did you find a good santa for Asha's pic? All the santas i've seen have been pretty shabby looking *lol* I'm going to try myer tomorrow, Hopefully there's is sober!

JazMum ~ I hope you go to police beat, What a F$@#ing Pervert!

MD ~ the toys r us catalogue is pretty good, had a peek the other day - I'm buying Scarlet a huge load of all the most bright and colourful toys i can find, I'm going to wrap them all seperately and stuff them under the tree just because we've never had a family tree before and i want it to look cool *lol* getting her a fisher price swing too but i don't think i'll be able to resist using it before chrissie. Good luck with E's vaccinations - It feels terrible doesn't it

~ Hayley xx

LP I was really alarmed when I read about your BIL turning up sobbing on his bike...sooooo pleased it's all ok. Good lesson in the way kids think, and how we need to support our kids as they grow up by helping them to think through what stuff means...KWIM? I'm at that stage with DD1, you can't necessarily assume she's made the same mental leap as you when we're talking. Gotta backtrack sometimes and explain stuff. Anyway sooo glad it's ok now.

jazmum- that is so scarey! what a weirdo freak. i don't understand some people!

md- i banged my broken toe on lewis' new fisher price swing last night and fell on the ground crying. dp had to run and grab lewis out of my arms. it killed so i just went and lay in bed cuddling lewis reading pinky mckay to make myself feel better. it hurts really bad today. think i may have to go to dr soon!

lp- scarlet will love the fisher price swing. are you going to get the rainforest one? it's got a really cute toucan bird hanging from it. i love it. glad to her df's bro is doing ok. can't believe he rode 100kms! poor little man

heading to my dad's house today for lunch as it is the first anniversary of my mum's death. some of her close friends are coming over and for most of them it's the first time they'll get to meet lewis. it's very sad cos mum never got to meet him, and died without even knowing we were pg. i'm going to dress him up in something special for the day so he looks extra beautiful.

md, good luck w/ E's shots.
    jazmum, w/c mall? scary. scarier i guess since we've got girls. *sigh
    all ok here. hope evreyone has a good day.

Gracie, I hope you have a lovely lunch today hun - I'm sure your Mum's friends will dote on Lewis as much as she would have done. Take care

hello everyone...
    christmas shopping was farely successful considering it was the first shopping ive done lol wandering the shops blindly trying to think of who i need to buy for awful lol and the shops are just getting more and more packed!!!
    gracie - hope your toe is going alright.. probably a good idea to go to the doc if not just to get some pain killers... :hugs: for today...
    lp - yes we did find a good santa lol its kinda surprising since it was just blacktown westpoint lol... not a job id want it would be so hot in that suit despite air con!! glad your bil is ok now poor thing..
    md - Ashas vaccinations tmw i am dreading them!!! havnt seen the gym your talking about Asha is getting a fisher price rainforest deluxe whatever its called lol it has a long name and i never get it right...
    jazmum - geez what a weirdo def report it to the police.. really makes u think you cant be too careful when ur out can you.. when i went yesterday to get Ashas pic taken i just sort of left the pram and went to talk to the lady and she told me to bring the pram inside the santa fence thing they had because she knew someone that had christmas presents (expensive jewellery) and her wallet stolen out of the pram when she wasnt looking.. ppl are so low..
    haley - i will try and post the santa pic but our scanner is not very good.. i'll see how i go n let you know...
    ETA - the santa pic is in my gallery
    Last edited by *noni*e*; November 23rd, 2007 at 11:07 AM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast