Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #8

Pregpan!! Good to hear you had such a good time up in Syd. Yay for getting the hand of the ring sling. I've got one (baba sling) which arrived from ebay but I still haven't got the hang of it. We're visiting my friend who raves about hers this weekend so I've got two days to get it right (with her help LOL)! Yummy Mummies tmrw, no physio anywhere to be seen (apparently she's going on leave for a month) so E will be seen at the paed physios at TCH on tuesday re the torticollis. We've been encouraging her on the non favoured side with toys etc. E was pretty clingy and unsettled last week, apparently they have a wonder week around 8-9 weeks so maybe Noah was too (hence the clinginess). E definitely had hers last week and has turned a huge corner, she's purposefully swiping at things and watching stuff that's going on with real curiosity. She's so interested in everything I don't have to play with her all the time, she's happy to sit there and check it out for herself. Hope that lasts a little while!

ETA Noni just saw your post. The window aircon is not really an option here because we don't really have any suitable windows...also, it weakens the security of the window and that's a worry when DH is away so much. Also, just quietly, not sure how much longer we'll be here, it'd be a pain to get it installed only to take it out a few months later then have to get it installed in the next house, etc. But I do agree a window one would be the better option, it just wouldnt' work for us here.

Last edited by AnyDream; November 21st, 2007 at 12:13 PM.

Sherie - Good luck with Alisters needles. Hope Lindsay gets better soon!

Leemar - Oh no hope you have a better nights sleep tonight. Wow twins...i've no doubt it must be hard at times, but i'm sure its very rewarding too.

Hayley - That is so nice of your DP to give you a weekend off! Sometimes we need a good break hey. My house is also a major mess! I used to be very anal about keeping the house clean, but i've had to try to stop worrying about it so much. Now days as long as the kitchen is tidy, i'm happy.

Renee - Big bummer about the accomodation. Sounds like a very romantic place, would have been nice for you both. Keep looking though, there must be something? I havent even thought about new yrs yet, probably will do nothing!

Marydean - Oh my gosh your talking about the temp strip just made me realise I threw out the free temp strips I got with my grobags! Whoops straight into the recycling bin! Good one Hayley. Our bedroom cops the arvo sun too, therefore its a sauna at night. So need aircon! Thanks for the tip, will try giving her extra boiled water. Her bowel movements have been a lot looser today, but going to mothers group today so will have a quick word to the CHN.

Noni - Congrats on the massive loss! woo hoo!

Pregpan - Glad you had a nice time in Sydney. Hope you both get over your colds quickly. Seems like quite a few of us in here have been sick lately.

My neighbour just came over with a pile of children's books for Maddie. She had them for her grandchildren but they are in their teens now so childrens books no longer interest them! I am so happy, was just saying to DP that I am going to start slowly collecting books. They are good ones too...gemima puddleduck, bambi, little mermaid, lots of disney etc etc. We are off to a good start!

Is anyone planning on christening their baby? I wouldnt call myself religious, however DP is Catholic but he isnt too fussed about christening and neither am I. Someone mentioned to me yesterday if we want her to go to a private school, its easier to get in if they are christened - dont know yet at this stage, but it would be nice to have the option when it comes to the time. However I wouldnt want to christen her for this reason alone, I mean I'm not religious and dont want to be a hypocrite Iykwim? Anyone know the costs etc? What is a naming ceremony?

Hope everyone has a lovely day.

MD that's so funny re the physio - yep she is away from tomorrow (!!) she is off to France - lucky her! I hope your friend can help you with the sling...
    not sure if i mentioed that i have bursitis in my knee? it is unflateringly also called housewives knee (LOL - never thought i would have something called THAT) - anyone else have this?
    Noah is having his first sleep in the big cot right now - been 15 mins so far so good!

Hayley - great books! we also need to get going on that. my cousin leant me a fab book for N - it is HUGE (say 40cm * 60cm) and has all these big pics of diff animals - colourful etc. i dont think it is akids book but i can prop it up near hima nd he stares at it for AGES and laughs - not to read to him but for him to stare at he loves it.
    Last edited by MamaPan; November 21st, 2007 at 01:26 PM.

Oh how cute pregpan! Cant wait for the laughs. There are a few of those huge books in the collection that the neighbour brought over, will have to try them out on her when she is awake.

Pregpan, that's great N loves his animal book, so far E hasn't twigged re animals, both our cat and our (small) dog wander over sometimes to say hello and she doesn't really attend to them at all. At the same age H would grin enthusiastically every time she saw the cat (who sat next to me all the time as it was winter). Housewife's Knee????? What??? I think I possibly have another condition, Housewife's Butt LOL! (ok well I admit if you were a "Good" housewife you'd probably get the Knee but not the Butt LOL) - who thinks up these names? Anyway it sounds painful, will it get better with rest?

Hayley don't be surprised if Maddie doesn't actually look at the books just yet, that can take a while. They like listening to you read tho, it's a good way to get thru the newspaper when they need entertaining on a Sun morning LOL!

Re Christening, we are planning to baptise E when we can get my sister over here (the priest who married us who is a really good friend lives a couple of hours away from us). Tricky one, I'm a bit lapsed catholic-wise (I believe in reincarnation for starters) but I feel it's important to bring your child into a spiritual community, of which godparents are a part. So we have asked my sis to be godmother. And yes it does help later on if you wish your child to attend a christian school as they often have long waiting lists.
    Last edited by AnyDream; November 21st, 2007 at 02:00 PM.

LMAO @ Housewife's butt!

We don't have any books at all yet, I'm always looking at them on the sales tables they have out the front of the book shop but i never actually buy any.

Hayley Catholics get baptised, a naming ceremony is exactly like a christening or baptism only they don't go on for hours about the religious parts - good when you're not really religious... We're having Scarlet christened purely because we both were (and i get to put her in a really pretty dress).

ETA

My sister in law just told me it costs about $300 for a christening/baptism and a naming ceremony isn't recognised by the church or private schools either.
    Last edited by LiddlePixie; November 21st, 2007 at 02:20 PM.

MD, I think I have housewife's bum too LOL

Pregpan, hope N is happy with the cot. I have had three terrible nights because Will is not a fan of his. I am starting to think I should have moved him into it slowly instead of just replacing the bassinet.

Fianne, we left the 0-5 market at about 10.30, whats the bet we walked right past each other!

Ozstar, the market is o.k, but I don't think it is worth coming up from the gold coast for. We are half an hour away, but I doubt I will go again.

MD, what are wonder weeks? I have seen it mentioned in a few posts and I assume they are a developmental growth spurt? Will was extra clingy and sleepy last week and then had a little leap ahead in things he can do.

I am so tired. Since the move to the cot he has been waking 3-4 times in the first 3 hours of bed, then sleeping for 3 hours, a feed, then another 1-2 and that is it. I am so exhausted that I ended up sleeping with him in the spare bed. I am sure that won't get him used to his cot but I didn't want to fall asleep and drop him. I have just covered the bars with a couple of blanket and he seems to be having a longish nap so hopefully we will get some sleep tonight.

We tried leaving DH to settle Will, but he just screamed and screamed for me so after about 10 minutes DH gave him back. We figured that we don't leave him to scream himself to sleep in bed so we shouldn't expect him to cry himself to sleep when he is upset being held. I guess we will just have to wait until he outgrows it.

sorry for a selfish post
    william just had his first needles yest arvo, since last night he's not keen on feeding
    i would offer him as usual 3-4 hrs but he'd only latch on for 5min or even less and not unterested anymore
    has anyone experienced this? dont want him to starve

Aglinra ~ I don't breastfeed but the day and day after Scarlet's needles she didn't want anything to do with her bottles and was constantly sleepy - She was back to normal on day 3 with no harm done

thanks heaps Hayley, a bit relieved now
    i hope thats also the case and he'll be himself tomorrow

bbl for personals

having a bit of a clothing crisis over here 0000 getting too small most are too tight 000 still a bit too big lol

better too big than too small lol try getting a 65cm girl into a jumpsuit that doesn't look like she's swimming in it - im going to have to go to 00 soon just so she can put her legs out straight i want my little bubba back already.

lp ash is quite tall too we have more trouble with long suits short ones are alrite.. i dnt know how tall she is now suppose we will find out when we go for her check up and needles.. dnt think she is that tall though wow lol... i find in the short jump suits (no legs at all not rompers) she can fit into dymples 0000 but no other brands shes grown out of her pp nb ones but most 000 look huge lol oh well shell grow into them

Marydean - Housewifes butt! That is hillarious!

Arte - I was told that if you have a detachable bassinet, to move the bassinet into the actual cot. Then after a few sleeps like that, remove the bassinet all together and just sleep bub in the cot. Apparently this helps get them used to the new surroundings.

Girls, I'm having a clothing crisis as well. Here I was thinking we were pretty set clothing wise for a few more months, but looks like i'll be heading down to the shops for some new summer clothes for Maddie real soon. And myself! I havent bought any new clothes in soooooo long, feeling very unfashionable these days.

Got an invite to a baby shower today. My SIL (not legally yet) is having a baby boy in Feb. Gosh I'm so excited, such a pity that she lives in Melb though. They are coming over to Perth in early Dec for a visit before bub arrives and for a baby shower. What is a good pressie do you think for a baby boy? I'll get some clothing etc but still racking my brain for a nice 'main' pressie.

I took Maddie for her ultrasound today and there is no signs of a clicky hip, thank goodness. Her hips just look a tad immature apparently, but he said its nothing to worry about just yet. The Doc said we should do another ultrasound at 3 months again to make sure they on track.

Ok this baby of mine is being spolit rotten!!!! MIL called today, she has bought us a brand new pram, steelcraft strider 3. Golly gosh I now have 2 prams and a stroller! Not for long though, MIL is taking my road train pram to her house and I'm taking the strider. Does anyone have this strider pram? I wonder if its any good?

Hope everyone had a nice day today.

wow 2 prams and a stroller lol were the others new too???
    my best friend is having a baby boy in jan (she moved to melb just after ash was born) and i bought her a box and filled it with useful stuff it had - clothes, a money box, a thermometer, baby baths , powder and creams, a travel case pack of wipes to take places with her, a toy that hangs off the pram, wraps, a blanket, burping pads for spew catches lol, i just bought it all very boy designs it was fun lol buying in the blue section for a change... but she didn't have that much money or support around her so i went the more practical stuff, still really cute but still stuff she will need... theres alot of cute stuff out there, frames that you can get engraved, birth certificate tubes, money boxes that are shaped like little trains that you can engrave, time capsules, hand and foot print plasta sets, baby books (for recording firsts etc), picture books are always good too!!! i am sure u know about all these and are looking for something different but i thought id write it anyway lol lol i love baby shopping can you tell???
    i have a steelcraft transaction i think its called i like the brand very sturdy...
    well better log off now theres a bit of a storm..

Wow so much to catch up on today.

Hayley lucky you getting all these presents. I like the strider, havent used one but seen them about.

MD lmao at housewife butt, thats my new excuse now.

LP 65cm, sound slike she is going to be tall.

Pregpan glad you had a good time in Syd, lucky you going to Melb too, Noah will be a little jetsetter like Logan. We are off to Syd again next weekend.

Agnes I hope that William is ok now, its not uncommon for bubs to go off their food after needles.

Logan got weighed today, he has put on 350g this week and is up to 5.7kg. He is getting so big. He was laughing all afternoon it is so cute. I am trying to get it on video but he only does it when I am making sounds and I dont want that on video lol. We were out and about today, must ne tired as he conked out tonight in his cot without any fussing.

Think I might go and have a nice long shower (might even break the 4 min water restriction thing just this once lol).

Well, he is still not into milk, just now he woke up and cried but only drank for 2 min before falling asleep again. And it’s been 5 hours since the previous feed Really hope it’ll pass today as I will be taking him to see my friends at the office on Friday

Weather has cooled down a bit, which is great.

Hayley – what a day you had! Glad Maddie was not in the car. I think you can get refund or exchange it to other things you really need or probably even give it to your SIL LOL. Btw I have steelcraft strider 3 and really love it, we also got a free bassinet when we bought it. Havent used the grobag since he still cant sleep without being wrapped, but eagerly waiting for the day hehe
    Does Maddie like the books?

Fianne – yay on the car trip!

Katie – nice to hear everything is okay with af, sometimes a quick trip to the dr gives us a little comfort doesn’t it. have been trying to get some photos of him smiling but no luck to this point, everytime i take out the camera he stops smiling and just looking at the camera

Renee – good to hear rory is better. btw, s&e mcmuffin is my favourite too!

Sherie – hope all goes well and hope the girls wont get it

LP – yay on the weekend sleep and lol at your monitor conversation thing

Leanne – hope you had a better night

MD – yay on the weight loss and lol at the second brekkie, have been having 2nd or 3rd ones lately since BF makes me starving all the time
    LOL at housewife’s butt

Arte – hope you had better sleep

Noni – congrats on the weight loss

Pregpan – good to hear you had a good trip

Sorry to anyone I missed. Have a nice day everyone

Hi everyone!

Alisters needles went fine - got very cranky at the Dr and his first needle made him bleed a fair bit but a few big cuddles from Mum and he was OK again. I also got a referral to a Dermatologist for his eczema too and he was prescribed some steriodal creams. The Dr seriously doubts it is lactose intolerance as for 1 it is quite rare in kids and cows milk protein intolerance is more common and 2, it wouldn't be giving him the ezcema, he would be having bad tummy pain and nasty nappies. So I am happy with that. I made the appointment for the Dermatologist though and his soonest appointment was February 13 next year! I told the receptionist that Alister will be 5mths old by then, could I get anything sooner and she said the only thing she could do was put him on the cancellation waiting list. Don't you just love the rural health system?

Lindsay is back at school today too and no one else has any signs of it either thankfully.

Agnes, I would say that William is just having some mild reactions to the Rotarix vaccine. Alister was very sleepy and not feeding much yesterday either. he seems OK today though, but not got his full appetite back yet. And he has some very nasty nappies too as a result.

For anyone interested, I got the information sheet for the Rotarix vaccine and some of the most common side effects are;
    loss of appetite
    irritablity
    fever
    fatigue
    diarrhoea (full hand washing protocol should be done after EVERY nappy change and before handling food)
    vomiting
    regurgitation of food
    flatulence
    abdominal pain
    crying
    disturbed sleep
    sleepiness and constipation

Rare side effects are;
    chest infection
    hoarseness
    runny nose
    dermatitis
    rash
    muscle cramps

Someone mentioned baptism/christenings earlier. We haven't had the other kids done as I was never 'done'. Dh is but we feel that it would be hypocritical to have it done as we don't have the Church in our lives kwim?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast