Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #8

hi everyone
    Hayley - you are so lucky that Maddie sleeps through for you. Doesn't seem like too much sleep - just the normal amount for a baby . What an afternoon!!!! Were you looking at the funny side of things, or swearing the whole way home!!
    Fianne - so glad the car trip was a peaceful one for you both.
    Renee - Hannah has days where she is more spewy than others - but she is breast fed so i can put it down to something i've eaten. Maybe if Rory continues to be quite spewy just take him to the docs for a check up. Dwayne has to work long hours doesn't he! Must be so hard to stay awake in the middle of the night like that.
    Katie - Glad that everything went well at the doctors.
    Noni - hope your feeling better now Don't feel bad that Asha wanted to sleep in her rocker - she obviously feels so safe and secure (due to your wonderful mothering) that she is happy to sleep elsewhere, knowing that you are close by if she needs you.
    Re - the showering - the only way i can get a shower in (at least a relaxed one) is if i get up a little before DH's alarm goes off in the morning- at least that way i know that he can get up to Hannah if she cries. Other than that i put her in the rocker in a place where she can see me.
    re dtd - my poor dh!!! I have to be honest and say that at the end of the day it is the last thing that is on my mind. I am so exhausted - and i guess breastfeeding - i have the boobenheimers out every couple of hours - and i just do feel 'sexy' at the moment. (i'm getting real jack of wearing a bra constantly as well)
    tossing up whether to wake Hannah for a feed right now - fed her at 6pm - or go to sleep now. She could wake up in half an hour for a feed.
    Can't remember who asked about buying gifts for 10 year olds - Hayley? I have just ordered a 'mophead' for a friends daughter. It is like a shower cap but is gingham towelling - used to dry your hair when you get out of the shower. I got it on - line at raspberry ripple. Another idea for the older girl could be a gift voucher for a manicure or some lip gloss. High school musical is popular with that age group too - i have seen a board game that you could buy between them. Maybe a calendar for next year. hope that helps

hehe The Wobbles!! How funny! My stomach is terrible...

Jaz - I was fine walking home, until I realised I wouldnt be able to get into the house anyway, then I started the swearing! I've been tossing up whether to wake Maddie for a feed now too, as her last was at 6pm. Think I will...I've been doing this dream feeding for a few wks now, too scared to stop it. I highly doubt she would make it from 6pm through to 5/6am.

Renee - I love dancing in the lounge room with Maddie. Our latest fave dancing cd is Justin Timberlake's new one haha! Glad that Rory seems better, hope it stays that way, if not a quick check at the doc will ease your mind.

Hayley -i'm off to wake Hannah now as well. Knowing my luck i'll just get to sleep and she'll wake up. have a good night.

Hope it all went well for you tonight Jazmum. I've done Maddie and she's back to sleep. Now my turn!!

Warning, this may be TMI.. Ok this may sound silly, but how do I know if my baby is constipated? Her last few bowel movements have been quite firm and almost like animal droppings! She is on S26 Gold which I have heard is common for causing constipation. It isnt always like this though, she still has loose ones. Hope its not the S26.

Hayley When Scarlet was constipated from the s-26 her poo's were all pebble-like, she was going bright red when she tried to go, it took her ages and she was screaming in pain.. Like REALLY screaming... the same way they do for the heel *****. I wouldn't worry about it if she's not in pain and she's still actually having BM's though, It might fix itself up.

Just a quick one from me - off soon for Alisters's first needles and also to request a test for lactose intolerance too while Im there and then i can rule that out. Lindsay is still home, but well, just a bit weak from not eating for two days and he's lost a heap of weight too, so I want him home to have one day of proper eating as he was still sick yesterday. So far so good though and the girls haven't come down with it either, so fingers crossed that means they wont get it at all.

Will be back later on if all goes well.

Good luck Sherie.

Morning Ladies,

Sherie- I hope all goes well.
    Well DH left yesterday morning and will be back on Thursday night. Had a bad night last night with Olivia and Xavier thank god Jordy stayed sleeping. I had Jordy and Xavier in my bed and Olivia in her room in her cot. I hope for a better night tonight as the boys wont be in my bed. I am so tired.

I hope everyone has a great day

thanks for all the reassurance girls i am hoping today is a better day!!!
    renee - my dp is working 5pm to 1am atm though because its at the airport he leaves at 3:30pm and gets back around 2-3am so its kinda like night shift..
    sherie - gl with Alisters needles we will be going for ours this wkend i think.. glad lyndsay is getting better.
    haley - i had a day like that a while back where dp locked the keys in the car and we got a locksmith to come and he only cut us one key then at the shops he locked that in the car with it running!!! its a little exxy but when we did that we just called a locksmith again (centre management was more than happy to lend us a phone for that)
    leanne - hope u get a chance to have a nap today
    oh well i am off to ww this morning i dnt feel like ive had a good week with it but we will see... i kinda feel weird about only losing 1.3kgs in 3 weeks because everytime ive tried to lose weight ive been unhealthy about it and dropped 1kg a week in the first few weeks.. oh well cant live like that with a bub to worry about its just not safe!!

sherie, good luck w/ needles. hope lindsay gets much better soon.
    good luck too to all those on WW Wed

Hullo Hot Mumma's ~

YAY DF has offered for me to have a big sleep in on the weekend while he takes the bubby shifts through the night and morning, I know it's only Wednesday but i can't wait!!! lol

Sooo sleepy today, Scarlet woke up atleast 5 times last night just crying - no idea why - After her sleeping through with the dreamfeed i thought she'd do it every night... She'll probably sleep all day today... O'well...It'll give me a chance to get the house clean again.

Does anyone else's place look like someone has just come in and thrown baby stuff all over the floor? lol Things just don't stay tidy anymore.

JaZMum ~ Thanks for the gift ideas, I love those towel things.

Sherie ~ Hope all goes well with the needles I hated immunisation day.

Noni ~ Does WW work? - Is that the one with the points system?
    I've never been on a real diet, I just make up my own and try to be active, it seems to do the job.

Hayley ~ Maddie is one lucky little girl, How lovely of your mum.

Renee ~ Hellooo I hadn't seen you post since i've been back online.
    Shannon works night shifts 3 months of the year and he's about to start in a few weeks - he starts and 4pm and gets home at 5-6am, I was worried about it at first but i think we'll do fine... I like night shift, He brings home Bacon 'n' Egg McMuffins- lol.

Guess i better do something, I've been on this computer way too much lately.

Sherie - Poor Lindsay, i must of missed that he was ill Hope he gets better soon. Glad the girls arent sick. Good luck with Alisters needles today!!

Noni - Good luck at ww today

Leemar - Hope you have a better sleep tonight.

LP - Glad to see your back on line Ive been a little slack lately haaha. Awwww I wish DH would bring me sausage & egg mcmuffins, MY FAV! What formula is scarlett on now?

Rory has only had a little spew since yesterday afternoon and he has had 3 feeds since then. I put him straight down to sleep after the feed so I think thats why he was a little sick.
    Although he went down at 7:30pm and woke back up at 3:00am (instead of his normal 5:00/6:00am wake up), gave him a feed and he went back down to 7:30am when he wanted another feed and he as been asleep since. Not sure why he is waking so much.

Why oh why did I ever think I would be able to book accommodation for new years now haha. Silly me! I really wanted to stay at the River Spa Retreat in Margaret River with a couple of friends but its booked...and so is everything else. Last time we stayed there we were TTC, I was so excited Its sooooooooo beautiful there. Most nights we sat in the outdoor spa that sat in the timber decking looking over the river ahhhhh.
    Last edited by reneenay; November 21st, 2007 at 10:43 AM.

Hi all, completely EXHAUSTED since the hot weather does not agree with miss E at all - she was up I don't even know how much last night, less than 2 hrs between get-ups...I have a temperature strip in our room now and it was still 28 degrees in there at 4 am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm pretty sure it was about 12 or 15 degrees outside, and I had the window open all night - the penny finally dropped that it's not because the cool air isn't coming in, it's because our room has a long wall facing north east and the heat just keeps pumping out of the wall into our room all night long. Seriously investigating a port aircon now - it's one thing to be hot yourself, it's another thing when it keeps the baby up all night long!

Good luck all the WW ladies, I had DDay today and you could've knocked me over when she said I lost half a kg, I was sure I would've gained on account of all the [email protected] I've been eating. I've been so hungry it's like being preggy again. She's told me to eat twice as much brekky, so it's back to first and second brekkies at my house LOL. I came home and had second brekky straight away and felt better already.

Ok, pressie ideas for the girls - a funky beach towel/sunglasses/sunhats with lipbalm and a nice after-sun moisturiser? Bindeez hahaha only kidding. How about a small portable MP3 player? A lot of girls enjoy scrapbooking so an album and some bits might be appreciated too.

Renee, nope DH isn't working nightshift, I AM!! LOL He used to work weird hours when he was a chef tho, it disrupts your day as well as your night so I'm glad those days are behind us.

Hayley, check with your MCHN but I'm pretty sure the hard poo is a possible constipation sign. I understand FF babies need water in hot weather so maybe adjust give a bit more than usual and see what happens.

Sherie, I've got everything crossed that the gastro stops at Lindsay. hope he's feeling better really soon.

Noni, for your meltdown yesterday, I agree with Jazmum about Ash feeling safe and secure to sleep in her rocker. You are doing a great job!

OK, have completely forgotten everything else I was going to reply to, not enough brain function today! hugs everyone. xxx

Noni- Good luck at WW. I have to go on Saturdays now and last Sat I put on .2 so I was pretty upset I hope I will be in the minuses this week.
    LP- Your DP sounds wonderful. Enjoy your catch up sleep on the weekend. I will be thinking of you. And Yes my house has toys everywhere.
    Renee- The River Spa Retreat sounds so wonderful what a bummer its all booked out. We are not doing anything this year and I think I am finding it harder to stay awake till 12.00. lol.

lol stupid me i ment a kilo a day i know it is perfectly healthy to lose a kilo a week!!!
    well i lost 1.2 this week hooray thats my biggest loss so far!
    lp it does work you can follow one of two systems i follow points..
    sorry off to have lunch now will be back later for more personals

hello all - so much to catch up on, I agree with whoever said they wished your thoughts as you read could translate into a post as I know I camt possibly respond to everything!
    Renee - so glad rory is doing better - it is hard not to worry isnt it but it sounds like it has passed if it was anything...has he stopped being so grizzly too? poor little boy! bummer the marg river place is booked up.. it sounds GORGEOUS and I am sure hold many happy memories for you and Dwayne! Bummer about the night shifts though I am sure you will be fine. How is work going? Does your mum still watch Rory while you work?
    MD - how is your yummy mummy group? I really enjoy mine - just went this morning. The nurse taught me how to do my ring sling (i have had it for weeks but too unco to use it LOL) and I am in love with it! Noah went straight to sleep in it. we had the physio there today and it was great as I have just found out i have bursitis in one knee and so she gave me some good tips to help. She mentioned the neck thing E has (sounds like turlte??) and I thought of you - said she hadnt had any recent cases so I am guessing she hasnt been to your group yet LOL!! She also mentioned you can self refer to her (name is Kate) so maybe you want to go see her. It has been so hot hasnt it... I have been sleeping N in just a nappy and singlet and a muslin wrap with maybe a muslin as a blanket and he has been ok.. we use the grobag egg to test room temp and his room has been about 22and that is with the air con on...
    Sherie - hope L gets better soon... and that it doesnt spread to the rest of the family!
    Noni - congrats on the loss - i should prob join WW too - I am eating so much.. and the weight loss has plateaued...
    Leeanne - hope tonight is better. I often think of you with the twins and O when things are hard here... really dont know how you do it!
    LOL at the Wobbles - I'm in!!!

Well we have had a great time here - we went to Syd this weekend and N was wonderful - smiling and laughing at all my friends. I think he is v social which is great. He slept well which is good considering we were away from home.. it went FABULOUSLY and we were v busy and he was soooo good. Unfortunately he and I now have a cold (passing now) so we have been laying low the last few days.. man it is hard being unwell witha bub as you just cant take a break... and he has been especially clingy the last few days... (which is extra good i have the sling going now!). Anyway glad the syd trip went well.... as I am off to Melb without DH in a couple of weeks (he will be in Cambodia for work...)

Sorry i havent been on much - things ar all great here but i just dont spend much time on the computer now I am not working....

LP soooo good to see you back on...

will catch you all soon...

xxx

Well i got as far as cleaning the kitchen, then i gave up lol way too tired to care.

Renee ~ that retreat sounds so good right now, I tried to book on the gold coast last week... no luck for us either Not sure what we'll do for New Years now.
    I have Scarlet on Karicare goats milk because she was constipated on S-26 Gold but i'm going to trying her on Karicare gold today and see how that goes. Did you work out your BF'ing or are you FF'ing now?

MD & Noni ~ Gratz on your weight loss! & thanks for the gift ideas MD - Weather sucks, I wish it would rain!

Hayley xx

pregpan - glad the trip went well, noah sounds like a little gem!! glad your both getting over the cold!!!
    leanne - goodluck at ww this week!! its easy to get disheartened just remember we all have lapses just dnt let it become a relapse... lol i heard that last week at ww!!! but seriously u can get past .2 all the best!!
    md - congratz on the weight loss!!!Ash hates the heat as well shes been so grumpy!!! we recently bought a window air con.. much better than a portable one.. they are much cheaper and work better.. as well as that even with a portable one you still need it near a window so the tubing can go out and its often harder to close off around the tubing then it is to put a window unit in...
    renee - sorry about the accomodation.. glad rory is getting better too!!! Asha seems a bit better today too but still a bit unsettled...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast