Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, April '05

Oh poor Zander having reflux. I was just going to ask if you had any news. I hope it doesnt get too bad for him.

Deb, I hope Gabby settles down for you. Maybe a drive in the car with Neil might help her to sleep?

I am going to give the hand expressing a go. I may also look into hiring a pump from ABA. It would be great to let DH do a feed and me sleep. The hand pump just isn't working.

Deb, I am having a frustrating day as well. Charlotte just wouldn't have a nap. I put her in the bedroom in the dark and patted her for a while but she wouldn't sleep, then I let her fall asleep on me and then put her in her bassinette and she woke up again. I finally worked out that she sleeps better with the TV on so she is here in the pram in the lounge room with me. She has been asleep for 2 hours now. If only the mother would sleep during the day as well.

Oh Sarah, you poor thing. At least now you know what the problem is.

Colleen, that is great advice, I will be checking Charlotte's tongue all the time now!

Sorry for butting in ladies, i just wanted to say Michelle, i have exactly the same problem.

Debbie Lee Guest

Colleen - that's great that medicare subsidises the formula for you! Not so good that he is lactose intolerant tho!!

Maryann - sounds like you are having a day like me!! We have the pram out too but she doesn't want that either. I am glad Charlotte managed to get a couple of hours sleep.

Still no change. Gabby hasnt' slept all day. I took her for a walk earlier and she slept the whole time but woke as soon as we got home so she only had about 20 minutes. Urrgh! She just wants the boob! She has been sick a few times today and has done some explosive poos. I just hope she sleeps tonight!

Gonna give Mum a call if she doesn't settle soon. The poor little sausage! I just don't know what to do to help her.

Hi all,

Zola wanted me to let you know that she won't be online much for a while. We won't have net access at her parent's place, and it'll be another couple of weeks before we make it in to the new house

Oh, and Kathryn - Zola also asked if you could move her details into the 1 month old thread, even though she hasn't posted there yet

All done this morning for you Felius

Love

Debbie Lee Guest

Well, after a very long day, I decided to give Gabby her bottle early and she finally went to sleep at 8:30pm! She slept through until 1:30am, had a good hour-long BF then back to sleep until 6:30am. Thank goodness! After the day I had, I needed a decent sleep! She slept for another hour from 7:30-8:30am but is wide awake now. I have tried to BF her again but she only sucks for a little while so I have taken her off for at least another hour. I hope we don't get a repeat of yesterday's antics!! I would like to at least get a couple of things done without having to sit in a chair BFding all day!

Felius - thanks for letting us know about Zola being away. What a pain that it is still going to be a couple of weeks before you get into your new home!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Deb - I hope that Gabby has a good day for you today! Fingers crossed! I have to say that she sounds like she is doing pretty well, at least she has some sleep! How are you feeling though?

I am trying to get used to the sleep deprivation part of being a mother again! Hayley is extremely fussy and wont sleep for more than an hour or two in her cradle, but will happily sleep lying on someone, and of course keeping the girls off her is a hassle too!

I am still expressing and bottlefeeding her, she doesnt like the breast at all. The MCHN wants me to go to an all day BF clinic, where the hell am I supposed to find the time with the kids on holidays?? Also, have been told that I have to lie down in the afternoons to increase milk supply, something about being on my feet all the time, dont really understand that one!

DH is on holidays this week so he has been doing the night time feeds, which she decided to drink pretty much non stop last night. Not sure how I will cope next week when he goes back to work and its all up to me!

My sister is coming to look after her next Tuesday for a couple of hours, first time I have left Hayley, very weird feeling!

Will try to keep up in here!

Debbie Lee Guest

Dinky - how awesome of your DH to do the night time feeds! What a good man. It's interesting what the nurse said about being on your feet all day affecting your milk supply? Sounds odd to me too! It would be good for you to go to the BF clinic, but, like you say, how on earth do you do that? Would it be easier to do after the holidays? That reminds me, I have to call and book myself in for the day-stay clinic today. Hopefully i won't get in straight away because I am still not up for a long drive on my own yet. The clinic is over the other side of Geelong and I would rather save long trips for at least 4 weeks after the c-section!

Gabby has been heaps better today. After a couple of hours of being wide awake and snacking on the boob, she finally drifted off and has been asleep for about an hour and a half now. She just grizzled a little then but it sounds like she has gone back to sleep. Still, at least she is getting some sleep today!! I went nuts as soon as she was down. Got the dishes done, bottles and dummies sterilised, dog bathed, me showered, 2 loads of washing - washed and hung up. It feels heaps better!

Deb, I hope that you guy's have a better day today. The bf does get better too. I remember days with Noah when it seemed all I did was feed him, very draining on your body too.

Dinky, how is little Hayley going? Sounds like you are having the same problem with your girls as I am having with my boys -not leaving bub alone. In the end it only makes it harder for us because all bub wants to do is be nursed. I am alot tougher on them this time after Noah, he turned into a nightmare.

Colleen, bugger about James but at least you now know what his problem is, yay for getting some help through Medicare too.

Sarah, goos to hear that you know for sure what is wrong with Zander -well not good but ykwim. Hopefully the gripe water works for him. I don't blame him for not liking it, the stuff tastes disgusting.

Maryann, I hope that you have a better day today too. Don't you just hate it when bub decides they want to do things their way

I had Tehya back at the Dr's yesterday, she has the gastro back and has a stuffed up nose. Poor chook. Had to get some Fess for her. I was laying in bed with her yest. morning just watching her, she could barely breathe it was like someone was suffocating her the way she was struggling, very scary. I ended up laying her on one of our pillows with a nappy over it (for spews) and put her to sleep on her belly. Worked well because she wasn't choking on mucous. She did a huge projectile spew last night, just missed my face, she did one the night before too but I missed it, it went all over Joel, down the leg of his shorts nad all, should have seen him jump up and run for the shower

She seems abit better today, although is protesting sleep atm. I gave her a bath last night around 8pm and she was fed and in bed by 9pm and slept til 1.30am had a poo and a feed and asleep again til 4.30am and up just after 7am so a pretty good night for us. Might have to continue this night time bath.

Take care
    Trish

Sorry Deb posting at the same time. Have you heard from Fi yet? Hows she going? Good to hear that your day is going good so far.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww poor Joel getting spewed on, Trish! Hey, that could be a cure for any kids that are reluctant to bathe - just get a baby to spew on them! I hope Tehya starts feeling better. I would be terrified if Gabby was breathing that way too! I am with you on the night time bath. I think it wears them out so that they sleep really well. We are only doing it every second night now that Gabby's stump is out but it's definitely easier to get her to drift off after she has been wriggling around in the bath. She's not screaming as much either so hopefully she will become our little water baby before we know it! If she is anything like me, she will love being nude every chance she gets (when I was a kid that is... now it's all just too scary!! LOL).

Haven't heard from Fi but, by the sounds of things back in the April thread, things have come to a stand-still for her and Kayla. Poor chooks!

Sounds like Gabby is awake. Ah well, it was good while it lasted!
    My sister is coming over with lunch. I hope she brings Maccas, LOL.

Deb - YAY for Gabby being a good girl! Doesnt it feel amazing when you manage to get so much done in such a short time! DH has been brilliant, although he is still in bed now and I am up with all the girls! I think I will try to book in for the BF clinic once the girls go back to school, but of course I need to wait until after next week when my Dad goes back to the oncologist, just to make sure that he is still available to look after them while I am away! I have been driving since 8 days post op, OB told me that it was okay, weird how things change!

I have a huge list of things to do, but thankfully one of my GF's decided to give me her services as a house cleaner twice a week for the next 10w, so I am supposed to rest! HA! But its lovely not having to do all the horrible things like bathrooms! She is an angel!

Trish - Hayley is doing well, but just about to wake for another feed, so I am dashing this off as she is sooking and trying to wake up. Poor Tehya, I hope that she is doing better today. Hayley seems to have a slight cold too, but hopefully it will clear before I take her back to the paediatrician next week for her check up! [email protected] Joel, dont you just love it! Hayley spewed a tiny bit on Shannen and she handed her over real quick so that she could change! I am really trying to limit the holds, thankfully went shopping and got them new games, so they are playing them now and ignoring Hayley, didnt think it would take much and Hayley is sleeping nicely.

Okay better go and get organised again, time just seems to fly in between feeds! I have my feet up at the computer, does that count as resting??? LOL!

Deb, what do you use to bath her in at night? I am using the Johnson & Johnson Bedtime bath - smells divine too. Really seams to relax her, great for your own bath too

Dinky, funny how fast they loose interest hey, wait til she's older and getting into their stuff and they will truely have had enough. I must admit the size of Tehyas spew I would have showered after it too, it was like a shower as it was. How nice of you GF to do that for you. The other day I was talking to MIL and she was saying how it would be a nice thing to get someone a cleaner in when they have their baby - HELLO what about me, didn't I just give birth to her grand daughter???? She didn't evven help me hang out the washing and she was out the back watching me do it.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Well, we are back to being cruisey baby again. Yesterday she must have just had a bit of wind or something. Phew! She is asleep in the pram right now. She didn't fully wake up until 1:30pm so she had a good 3 hour sleep!

Trish - for a while I was using tea-tree oil in Gabby's bath because of the staff infection but once that cleared up, I just put some baby oil in there. The midwife told me not to use anything except oil 4 now?? I have got some of that bedtime bath tho. I might try it tonight. If it wasn't any good for babies, they wouldn't be able to sell it, right?

Dinky - I have felt ok to drive for quite some time but have only gone on a few short trips. Actually, only 2. Once to the supermarket by myself and the other when I drove home from a party the other night. I have been taking it easy because so many people said that you can't drive for 6 weeks after a c-section but, honestly, I don't feel like my braking reflex was affected at all. Weird huh? You are right - it is amazing what you can get done when you know your time is limited! There is no way I would have got all that housework done before Gabby came along so quickly. Nothing like a bit of incentive to help you stay organised, hey?

OMG... just put another pic of Gabby on her site and her hair looks like it is getting lighter. She's gonna be a little Nobba after all! LOL

Trish - Tehya's new pics are adorable. That one of her and Noah is priceless! Just beautiful!

Deb, thanks for the comments on Tehya and Noahs pic. I am trying to get a really nice ine of the 2 of them. And Yep on the bedtime bath designed for bubs so it should be safe, it's made by J and J so atleast it has a good name behind it.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

It's so hard to take nice pictures of kids - especially babies, hey Trish? That's the beauty of digital cameras I guess. We can take 100's of photos and it doesn't matter if only 1 or 2 are half decent ones

Can you believe Gabby is down for yet another nap. She must have completely drained my boobs because I could barely express 10mls from both boobs. I think it is going to be a while before I can get the storage thing going!

Tehya has been down on and off for most of the day too. And I even managed to get them both down at the same time again for abit. My right boob is blocked again, I think it's because she didn't feed as much last night or today really. I try feeding her from it and it still hasn't cleared. Damn it, Even hurts to cuddle her.

Take care
    Trish

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast