Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, April '05

Hey girls,
    Just put Em to bed so I thought I had better catch while I have the chance.

Not much happening here... bub has been pretty good, infact I think she is getting soooo much better. It's amazing what a little training can do

Deb, sounds as tho poor little Gabby had a belly ache or something yesterday. I'm sure your milk supply will increase as Gabby's needs increase... are you drinking loads of water? I've never had a prob with my supply... in fact, I have the opposite prob... to much milk, they lose suction and get too much air. So far Violet is coping well, but Emily had a bit of trouble with it... again the breast feeding Day-stay helped heaps when we were going through this prob.

Trish, your poor baby girl! I would be so paranoid about her breathing (as I am sure you are) sounds horrible! I hope your bb clars up asap! You don't want it gatting any worse. BTW, congrats on getting to the next tread, it's amazing how fast time flies with a baby!

Sarah, I am glad that your little man finally has a diagnosis that can now be dealt with. I hope things get better there.

Dinky, what a lovely friend you have!! I wonder if I could borrow her,

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - ouchies on the sore boob! I hope it clears up soon.

Tanya - sounds like little Violet is going great guns. You are right, Gabby must have had a tummy ache. Either that or it was just a "build up supply" day. Mum said we would all go through that every couple of weeks when we were just newborns. She pretty much told me to just go with the flow and relax because everything settles down again pretty much the next day.

Colleen - sounds like a plan doing absolutely nothing but rest tomorrow. Good on you! And YAY 4 you that Luke loves his sleep. I bet it will be a pain when he is a teenager tho! But, then, most teenagers are painful at the best of times, hey??

Another grrreat night last night. This time she slept for 7 hours!! 8-[ She had another nap from about 6-9pm. I gave her a small feed, a bath (used the bedtime bath stuff, Trish - it DOES smell divine!) then a bottle and she zonked it. I didn't get up to her until 6am which is perfect because that's when Neil gets up and starts making noises getting ready for work. I fed her for an hour then she went back down for another 3 hours. I slept until 9am, had a shower then a friend came to visit. Gabby got up at 10am, had a feed and a play then zonked it again! She's now down for hopefully another couple of hours. It's brilliant! Remind me of this when I have another horrible day, LOL. Maybe all that sleep I had whilst preggers trained her right up?? Who knows. Either way, I am stoked for now and have heaps of energy so I may even go for another walk this afternoon.

The friend tha came over found a porta cot in the op shop yesterday and she only paid $5 for it! We set it up and, apart from being a little grubby, it's in pretty good nick! What a bargain! And now I don't have to worry about buying one. I think my step sister was going to give me one but that's still good because one of them can permenantly live at Mum's!

Hmm.... I was hoping that Fi or Kayla or Nat would be joining us soon... they must be going nuts with anticipation!

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh... just remembered something funny that Neil did on Monday while Gabby had a bad day.
    While I was out here checking for advice in the breastfeeding forum, he sat with her inside. When I went back in, they weren't in the loungeroom so I had a look in the nursery.
    He had Gabby on the change table. He had undone alllll of her buttons on her jumpsuit and was opening a packet of ear plugs. When I asked what he was doing, he proceeded to shove the ear-plugs up his nose!!! "She did a poo" he said. LOL
    Now, my DH has no ever changed a nappy in his life so he has no idea at all. So, I slowly coached him on how it was done (mind you, we are just using disposables!). He didn't even know how to undo the nappy to take it off!
    Still, I admire the fact that he was giving it a go. I kind of wish I hadn't come in so early so he could have felt comfortable to figure it out himself. Uno? Rather than me telling him what to do and him worry about stuffing up. Still, I am proud of him because I know he has an aversion to poo (thus the ear plugs.... God, I can't stop laughing about that!! LOL).

That is a story for her 21st Deb!! LOL.
    I can just see Neil with ear plugs in his nose holes.

Believe me - I wish I was here too, but I guess I am doing it hard for some reason. Maybe I had every baby on time or early in a previous life??
    Its interesting - I've heard people say that premmie babies are generally people who can't finish something off. You know - because they weren't able to complete pregnancy, its something that travels with them through life?

I wonder if Spud will be perpetually late!!! Late for school, late for work, late for wedding, late for kiddies birth. The mind boggles!

Fi

Deb, that porta cot sounds great. My bassinet was bought cheaply from a market and does its job well. I am jealous of your 7 hour sleeps, the best I get is 4.5 hours.

Tanya, Violet sounds like such a good little girl. Well done.

Oh Trish, the breast sounds very painful, you poor thing.

I have decided that Charlotte isn't getting enough sleep so she is down for her second sleep for the day now. She isn't sleeping quite as well as other days but we had a lovely non-crying time this morning. I love it when she is awake and not sad.

Deb, LOL at Neil and the ear plugs. Funny how men are about the smell of baby's poo when theirs is way worse. Good to hear that you had another good night, Gabby sleeps fantastic.

Boob has cleared up thankfully. Tehya and I had a long bath together last night with the bedtime bath stuff. She had her boob and was asleep just after 9pm until 2.20am, had another feed and woke again around 5ish poo and boob and back to sleep til around 8.15am. She has slept most of the day too, just had her 2nd feed since getting up this morning.

I have a house inspection tomorrow so I have spent the better part of the morning tiding up the house with mums help (thanks mum). Took Tehya to get weighed again today and she was 4.26kgs (she was 4.22kg last week) she is 57cm long so she has grown 1cm and her head has grown 1 cm too it's now 37.5cm. She hasn't put on heaps of weight but she's still gaining nicely. She is in the 90th centile for length and just below it for weight and head circ. looks like I've got another tall one

Take care
    Trish

LOL Deb at neil having ear plugs up his nose. You shoulda took a photo! Yay to Gabby on the 7hrs sleep though, that's great!

Wow Trish, looks like Tehya is going to be tall like Lily is. I think she's about 65-66cms and she's only 4mths and when I was a bub it took me 7 months to get to that length!

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - that is an interesting theory about Spud being late for everything because he/she is late for his/her birth. Maybe ring up a few people that you are know that are late for everything and find out if they were overdue?? LOL I have a friend who is constantly late (she used to live across the road from the bus stop that took me 10 minutes to walk to and she always missed the bus!!). I bet she was overdue!

Trish - good to hear your boob is feeling better and that Tehya's growth is doing well. I can't wait until the 14th to see how Gabby is doing. Urrgh @ the house inspection. The joys of renting, hey? How nice of your Mum to help you out tho. God help me if I had a house inspection now! Mind you, if we were renting, we would have a fully-functional kitchen right now, LOL.

Maryann - 4.5 hours sleep is still pretty good but I know that i am pretty lucky. I am trying not to get used to the sleep too much because I know how quickly everything can change with a baby! I hope Charlotte got a better sleep today. Like they say, sleep promotes sleep so if they have good naps during the day, they sleep better at night. Gabby is down for her second nap this morning. She zonks it after an hour of feeding, burping and changing nappy. I can't believe I was so stressed on Monday!!

Tegan - I should have taken a photo of Neil with the ear plugs, hey? Or, better still, taken in the video camera. I am sure there will be another opportunity, hehe. Wow @ Lily being so tall! Isn't it cool to compare your growth to hers? Mum gave me my infant welfare book a couple of weeks ago to do comparisons. So far I was a little taller than Gabby... about 2cms and I was 8oz heavier at birth too.

I think I slept with too many pillows last night! My neck is a little sore. Hopefully it goes away otherwise I may just have to give Lauren a call and tell her to bring her massage table. No point in having a sister who is fully qualified to do massage if I don't put her to good use, hey??

Oh wow, i wish i has a sister that was qualified to massage! You lucky thing Deb.

Fi, my mum was 22 days overdue with me and I am late all the time LOL so there you go!

Deb... lol @ Neil!! Very funny!!

Trish, sounds as though Tehya is doing really well dispite being sick!

Colleen, I hope James continues to do well on his new formular.

I had the MACHN here today, Violet has put on 220g since leaving the hospital (not quite 2 weeks), so I'm happy with that.

Tanya

On our Drs advice we gave up on trying to get a routine set for the moment. He said, why wake him up when all that's going to happen if he'll feel sick.

I'm not coping really well over here at the moment, either we're fighting to get some food into Zander's mouth, he's crying or he's asleep. At the moment he'll take 1/2 an hour or longer for a bottle (once we can get it in his mouth), 2 hrs to settle & then sleep for 2hrs. I have to report in to the Dr this morning at about 11.30 so hopefully he'll have some ideas as to what to do next. Oh yeah & to add to everything else he is now constipated - can things get any worse?????

We just need some sleep!!!

Yay at Violet gaining weight, that's great Tanya.

Hope your neck is feeling better Deb. LOL at Neil with the ear plugs, it would've been very funny! We're using the bedtime bath as well & it works really well at putting Zander to sleep, but as soon as his reflux starts up again he's awake ](*,)

Sounds like Tehya is growing really well too Trish. Hope your inspection goes well today.

Maryann isn't it funny how each of us is different - I'm jealous of your 4.5hr sleep!!! I can't even remember what 7hrs is like LOL!!

Glad to hear that James is going better on his new formula Colleen.

Well I thought that my boob had cleared up, flared up really bad this morning. I have woken up with a headache and feel like I've been hit by a truck, my boob is killing me, I think I might be getting mastitis. Damn it. I got it 3 times when I was feeding Noah and I get soooo sick with it.
    Have to sit around here and wait for the house inspection before I can even go out to the Dr's.
    I think that I am having problems because Tehya isn't a huge feeder and she had another big sleep last night. Sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place in that she doesn't drain me enough so I could express the excess out BUT if I do express out then I will make more milk #-o What a pain in the butt (or boob)

Tanya, sounds like Violet is growing nicely too. How is she doing?

Deb how are you and Gabby going? Is she still sleeping good for you too? Tehya has been sleeping up a storm, I swear she might spend maybe 2 hours all up awake during a day. Not sure if thats a good thing or not though. I don't think any of my bubs have slept this good. Not complaining though.

Maryann, Hows Charlotte going? Apart from not sleeping enough.

Colleen, I hope that your having a nice day resting, I have been bumming around this morning, Mum took Noah to pre school for me so that I didn't have to rush. Just wish that she had offered the lift before I started rushing around
    How's James and Luke going? Hopefully James is doing better on his new formula.

Sarah, Hows Zander going? Are you getting some rest and a break occasionally? It can get really frustrating dealing with a bub thats not well.

I have found Tehya to be such a good baby so far. I was so dreading her being like Noah and she is the complete opposite. She will just sit there in her rocker awake for ages (when she is awake) and just look around, you very rarely hear a noise out of her unless she has a pain or something - not often. Remind me of all of these good days in a few weeks/months time when she is being a pain I know that it's got to come to an end sometime.

Only one more day in here for me. Tehya will be a month old tomorrow. Where has the time gone?
    Cool, house inspection was just done in 10 minutes. Better go and feed bub and drain this sore boob.

Take care
    Trish

Not really Trish! We get a break when mum or my sister come over & hold him for a while or when he's in his swing. It's bizarre he'll sleep in there pretty well, or in the car actually! We got his hammock yesterday but so far it hasn't made a difference, but time will tell.

Sarah, sorry to hear that things aren't going so well for you guys at the moment. Hopefully within the next few weeks ( I know thats a long time) everything will settle down. If he's sleeping well in his swing leave him there. Throw a blanket over him and turn out the lights I say, then go an lay on the lounge for some shut eye. DOn't worry about the ironing or housework, it will be there later too - or you could get your mum or sis to do it for you. Nobody copes well without sleep so try and catch some zzz's while you can.

Take care
    Trish

Great advise Trish! Came home from a walk today I had Violet in the pram asleep. Emily decided she'd go for a walk down the road so I went and got her... meanwhile Wato had gotten Violet out of the pram and put her to bed. I would've left her there... neway, Wato was soon getting grumpy cause she had woken and wouldn't go back to sleep.
    Sarah, I can sympatyse with you, please don't be scared to ask anyone for help. We all need a little help every now and then and it sounds like you are in need right now. Remember if he is crying and you've had enough... walk away, go and do something for a couple of minutes, he'll be fine without you for that long.

Heaps of hugs to you girl! I am thinking of you.

Tanya

Hugs to you Sarah! tanya's rigth, ask for help if you need it, there is no such thing as a supermum! Be comforted in knowing it will get better and let him sleep where he sleeps, no sense moving him, he must be comfy.

Gosh Trish that went very quickly! Glad Miss Tahya is behaving for you>

Hope everyone els e is getting enough sleep.
    Cheers Michelle

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Sarah... I wish I could do something to help. It sounds like you guys at at your wit's end!

Urrgh.... Gabby just started crying... will go settle her and come back to post properly!

Debbie Lee Guest

Hmm... Miss Thing is tired but doesn't want to sleep.. ah well! She's out here with me now.

Where was I?

Trish - sorry to hear that you may have mastitis again! It sounds aweful!

Tanya - good to hear that Violet is putting some good weight on. It's so funny how we are rapt about them putting weight on yet, later in life, they will probably be trying to lose it all again

We had our first Mummy-Daughter outing today. I met a couple of friends in Packington St. for coffee with their little girls. We worked out that between the 3 of them, they are all exactly 9 months apart consecutively! So we had an 18mth old, a 9mth old and a newborn all in this little cafe'. Mind you, our prams etc. took up a whole corner of the place. It was a really good place though. They have a change table in the loos and they also offer a room upstairs for mothers' groups. There's a separate toilet up there and the male staff will help carry the prams up the stairs! How cool is that?? We weren't made to feel like we took up space either. I ran into another friend on the way back to my car. I went into the cafe' where she was doing lunch and I got the dirtiest look from one of the staff members for wheeling the pram in!! Lucky 4 her I was just there to show Gabby off.

So that went fairly well. I even managed to feed her while we were there! My first "public" BF! With a couple of bunny-rugs strategically placed, we managed it quite well.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast