You know what? I think that in my enthusiasm to try and help someone make an informed choice - a truly informed choice - I may have been insensitive, and for that I apologise. I'd like to think I am a big enough man to admit when I am wrong, and several people have suggested to me that my passion might be interpreted as judgement of the OPs choices. For that I am sorry.

This forum is an area that aims to support women from two main groups - those women who, through medical necessity or genuine emergency, have been left with no choice other than to have a caesarean birth, and those women who have been persuaded to have a cesarean in the past and are coming to terms with the fact that this decision might have been a poor one.
This is no "official policy statement" of any sort - it is merely my interpretation of the two largest groups of people who use this forum. I apologise if it sounded otherwise, and I am not trying to marginalise anyone else who has chosen to have a caesarean section that is not included in the two groups I outlined above. I'd like to think, though, that my point still stands:

To flippantly suggest that you want an elective caesarean and to persuade doctors to support you, you will go "the psychologically traumatised angle" is disrespectful to both those groups.
Which I believe it is.

I will bow out of this thread, now, as I think it has become controversial enough, and once more, offer my apologies to anyone whom I may have inadvertently offended. If anyone has any more concerns about anything I have posted, you can feel free to PM me, to email me, or to discuss it with any of the other moderators. Also, you can feel free to use the Report Post button in the top corner of any post you are concerned about - posts reported in this way go straight to the entire moderating team to be discussed.