Thanks Inanna. I do feel much more confident about my decision process today than I did last night which is why BB is so valuable - it helps you nut things out. I have a few more pieces of the jigsaw to find but at least I know what I'm looking for and where to look.

Oh, and the reason why I was allowed to push for three hours is that my ob wasn't available. He apologised when he got there saying that he'd been off vaginally delivering twins, one of whom I think was breech. He's very, very, very pro-VB and has the lowest caesar rate in Melbourne for a private ob. Usually this is a good thing. In my case, I might have been better to have a more knife-happy ob. That's why I have to balance what he tells me with other sources because he would never proactively recommend a caesar.