Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies # 167

Can I just say OMG GogoMel....................the end

Mel - I've heard the beetlebums are good, I was curious about the wool boosters in them and how they will work with my wee machine, plus yup they are so pretty.
    I got the peace out one, so we'll see how good they are when it arrives.

Speaking of which fluffy mail today, abby Gro from b4b OMG, love it, so many layers and no PUL all fleece, need more

Anna - you're back!!! woohoo!!! and I'm guessing the OMG is cos of the amount of nappies I have... hmmm.... that could be a fair reaction I suppose....

Laura - shanks I'll be waiting for your review!

Sorry random but common question:

How many times do I prewash my AIO MCNs? I did one load (with 4 nappies and the booster things) with a tiny bit of wash powder and noticed that water was still beading on the inside of them (is this meant to happen) so I put them on another short cycle and hung them out to dry.

Weather very cool here so I haven't checked them yet but will see if they are dry after work.

Quote Originally Posted by angelaartsstudent View Post
    Sorry random but common question:

How many times do I prewash my AIO MCNs? I did one load (with 4 nappies and the booster things) with a tiny bit of wash powder and noticed that water was still beading on the inside of them (is this meant to happen) so I put them on another short cycle and hung them out to dry.

Weather very cool here so I haven't checked them yet but will see if they are dry after work.
    i bookmarked this post from gigi - she is soooo helpful. have quoted the main bit, but will link it for you to read it all....

for the madly nesting mummies
    some pre-washing the nappies to use on your soon to come newborn tips

- wash anything white separate, i mean loopy fabric like towelling flats, cos the lint that come off, the first few washes, you don't want that over everything else!

- do wash dark colours together. Every so often, i see a post like "HELP MY ENTIRE MCN LOAD TURNED PINK - AND I HAVE TWO BOYS!!!!" on various forums. Red pea pods have a reputation for running, and a few other brands too. So i say, err on the side of caution. Even if it's only for the first few washes.

- microfibre needs at least one prior wash

- bamboo needs three prior washes

- hemp takes between 6 - 8 washes to work up absorbency

- and yes, you DO need to dry them INBETWEEN the washes.

- if you have a thang for dark fleece covers/pockets/aios, invest in some zippered washbags. i just get dustmite pillow protectors, so cheap, big too. Pop the dark coloured fleece items in the zippered bag, your items will stay looking good for much longer - unless you LOVE de-pilling items. It very good for black stuff. a WAHM taught me that tip.

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/1662272-post189.html

On no Mel, the OMG is a reference to the amount of nappies you will have ooooooooooh about 8mths or so in the future 3 in cloth gives you complete leeway to own every nappy in existance hahahahaha Sneaky little so-and-so, couldnt wait til I got back online to announce, Im cut I tells ya

No cloth buying here for awhile seeing as I cleared out our meager savings to buy a laptop to indulge my reliance on the net and BB I did get my TL embroidered nappy which was exciting. Finally got the LS thingy installed (Haaaaaaaaalelujah!) but Dh STILL refuses to use it and leaves poo nappies in the basin for me to clean like always, and he is so so lucky the dead comp isnt shoved up his nether regions right now so I kindly suggested he get used to using it or else..........mwuahahahaha Has made cleaning poo so much easier (if only I could have used it to clean poo off my couch this morning but that is a WHOLE other story and if I dont think about it Jett wont end up on Ebay grrr)

So did I miss any cloth-related excitement or goss???

Oh and congrats to Falguni on little Saskia's arrival YAY!

GogoMel - beetlebums are awesome. Narrow crotch, good rise, very trim, gorgeously and impeccably made. I've only tried the new style ones (with the pocket opening towards the front), but I 'think' that is the only difference between the old and the new. There's a few nice little features that show just how much the design has been thought about - the way the elastic casing is done is lovely, for example. They are not just a 'pretty' nappy, they're a great workhorse too. Really easy to stuff too, for a narrow crotch pocket.

WOHB: nuffin, about to have a shower.

Thanks Suse *mwah*

Anna - crap forgot you wouldn't have known my news.... sorry - can't announce it on FB yet either - don't want relatives or workmates to know the news!!! Soooo all hush hush yeah?

And woohoo for LS getting installed (*wipes brow with relief*) DH doesn't like squirting them, but feels bad making me do them all, so we split them. Yesterday was a good day, kids only did two each - today has been THREE already, and its only 10.30am... lol

I figured it was hush hush so dont panic. Your mad though you know that (Hello Kettle, my name is Pot )

ROFL

Yes, I won't be the only mad one with 3 under 3!!!! LOL

Mine are 3 under 2.5 so Im certifiable and then some

ETA - Before I head off to do some cleaning .......... anyone know if Im right to use one of those lingerie wash bags to wash my embroidered nappies in? Or should I just use a silk pillowcase like I have been?

I use the lingerie bags for all my nappies Anna - but I don't have embroidered ones.

WOOHOO Welcome back Anna!!!! I want new laptop, or at the very least enough ram to speed this snail up!! 512mb is not enough to run Vista properly. When you house is just over 3 years old - watch out for the garage opener, mine has to be fixed either today or tomorrow (DHA are actually listening when I say it is urgent!!!)

Mel and Anna - Be very thankful that it isn't 2 sets of twins each, Nan had a 16 month old when the first set were born, and they were 11 months old when the second set were born. 3 under 3 isn't as insane to me Can you imagine having 5 in nappies? Mel, your stash would be a minimum of 300.

Must get offline, Saram should be here very soon.

FLUFF
    Sanks Mel.xxx
    I have decided that there is nuthin so cute as NB fluff.
    Sigh.... makes it all worthwhile. Bubby has decided to cause me a hurtin at night time.
    I think I want him out now.........

You're nearly there Shells... it'll be over before you know it...

Welcome back Anna! I want embroidered goodness too!

No nappy news here either... *sigh* have a renewed love for babylegs however... (until I get a layby Punky has more shorts than long pants lol)

Have no brain...blah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to go ack and catch up honeys!!!

But just to wet your pallets may I direct your attention to this

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/bell...ml#post1716736

i got me a heap of fluffy mail the past couple of days

Maz - DH loves the Geelong cover! big grin when i showed him!

got some flongies from twins in cloth too - soooo cute - love them. have been (very) slowly prewashing everything when i get energy bursts - reassembled some this morning after washing them over the past couple of weeks (yeah i know, won't be able to leave them weeks when she's here!) - it's actually a job i don't mind doing!

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast