Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet & Weight Loss Support #3

woooohooooooooo!
    way to go Nadine!

i've been very naughty today....not really a good start to wanting to change my bad eating habits etc. Does anyone have any tips on how to eat better when you have lousy will power? I have already forthe last week or so been cutting out soft drinks and juices etc and swapped them for water. I am making sure i eat b/fast everyday, swapped to skim milk and started having smaller portion sizes. My biggest prob is all the biscuits i eat etc which i think is cos i'm hungry 24/7. Maybe tomo i will be a bit better.

I think that is the spirit Hoody, don't cut out food, but rather swap them for more healty alternitives. Instead of biscuts, try rice cakes or lite crakers. I know that when I eat some lite crakers with vegimite and then drink a tall glass of water, I feel full. You could try that. Or just drink some water when you feel hungry and wait and see if you are really hungry or just thirsty. I have found that sometimes when I want something to eat, it's not that I am hungry, but I am thirsty. So having two glasses of watery juice helps me. (I personally drink 1lt of apple juice on 1.5lt of water)

Where is everyone's weigh in??? Come on people? I'm weighing when I get home from work and know it's going to be over 100kg : (

oops only just realised there was a new thread
    weighed in at 77.6kg this week - i can't remember what I was last time I weighed in but I had got down to 76.8 but have had a terrible week - why does Christmas mean I have to eat everything in sight???
    big hello to the new people - good luck
    and Tracey I'm sure your help and advice will be invaluable
    Mel

Righto... forgot to weigh in this morning...mondayitis...

Will weigh tomorrow morning & report!!!!

I was good & did a half hour walk friday lunchtime then 20 mins on exercycle on firday night...

Went 45 min walk with pram on Sat morning & got huge blisters... stupidly wore new shoes!!!

Yesterday had a rest day... feet needed it!!!

Today... went for 30 min walk at lunchtime & have awua aerobics class tonight....

Better show on the scales tomorrow!!!!!

OOPS,ialmost forgot to weighin!! Well I have been really busy and have prac for uni at the moment, meaning I am working three days a week. I have also had three chrissy parties and it has been raining for a week so no walking to the gym, BUT despite all of this, I have lost a kg!! So I am now 87.1kg, yaaaayyy!

Great work Mitch, hope the blisters sort themselves out soon! (else there are great blister packs available at the pharmacy)

Kellie - wtg!

I'm just about to shower (Pip's finally awake enough to shower with me) so will weigh-in then.
    Have been eating quite well, except when I found the cooking chocolate last night I couldn't find the spare arborio rice though.

Hey everyone!!

Good luck to everyone that is weighing in over the next few days.

My weight this morning is 73.3kg

I am not actively trying to lose weight this week but if it comes off it comes off!! I went for what I hoped was my final dress fitting on Friday but I had lost too much weight!! So the dress maker needs to take it in again and I am going in for my last fitting on Thursday. So no gym for me this week but still taking dogs for a walk (only 1 tho cause we found out yesterday our 8 yo male has arthritis!) and I am making the most of this break and endulging in some ice cream and chocolate!! I've been pretty slack with dinners lately so I am getting back in to that this week. We have the bestman staying with us until January so I am finding it hard to motivate myself to cook for 3!!

You all sound like you are doing so well.
    I didnt weigh myself this morning i was too scared to- i've been very naughty. I did go food shopping this morning though and intead of buying lots of junk i had a trolley full of fruit and veg Maybe next week i will be game enough to jump on the scales.
    So far today i have only had my b/fast cereal with skinny milk a sm glass of pepsi max and about a litre of water so not bad for it been lunch time.....
    well off to make myself a tuna salad ( see i'm trying to be good )

Well done ladies!

Hoody - sounds like a great shopping trolley! I am always giving mental kudos when I see people's trolleys like that - especially when they have kids. Mine never look like that though ...

(mainly cause I only go to Safeway for groceries, I go to an Organic grocer for any fruit / veg we don't grow. And the organic butcher for meat)

So I weighed in ...

Last week: 74kg
    Current Weight: 72kg
    Goal Weight: 64kg
    Notes: how the heck did that happen?

I sent an email to another mum in my MG last night, asking if / when she wants to go walking!

Weighed this morning...

-500g

Not alot considering the exercise I have done... heres hoping it is just the weight moving form my bum to my boobs LOL... not likely though.... ah well.....

Will see how my jeans fit tomorrow when they are first on & not wear stretched LOL

I am sure i had posted in this 1. Hmm maybe not.

Well weighin day 4 me!

SW 73.1
    CW 65.6
    GW 58

I Have only lost 300g this week but that is fine coz i have been really naughty foodwise this week. also havent done much exercise. Have had a sick child. I am halfway to my goal. Hi newbies. hope u can get down to ur goal weights!

OK i said yesterday i wasnt game enough to weigh myself yesterday but curiosity got to me and i did this morning and i've put 400g on.........ooooooops i knew i'd been naughty. hopefully this week will be better.

Start weight 74
    weight to date 74.4 (oops)
    goal weight 66

Not a good start but an eye opener.

I weighed in yesterday (did not have time to post - power failure AGAIN) at 70.4kg. So that is nothing extra, but nothing off for this week at WW

BUT

this morning I got on the scale for my daily morning-naked-after-wee weigh-in and ... 69.8kg!!!!!!
    I have broken the 70kgs!!! I feel motivated today and just happy

I want to share the newsletter my WW leader gave us yesterday. It's our last weigh-in for the year (WOW) and she gave us a very cool list of "replacement" foods for redlight foods. This could be a bit long, but personally I find it very helpfull

Instead of ciders or coolers, try lite beer or wine with lots of ice and soda water. Or make a shandy from lite beer and sprite zero
    Instead of biscuts, lite crakers, rice cakes
    Swap croissants, muffins, garlic bread, focaccia ect for health breads (rye), flapjacks, pita bread or tortillas
    Instead of cake, x-mas mince pies and fruit cake, opt for rice cakes, flapjacks, meringues with fresh fruit
    Instead of cheese - this is a bugger - NO CHEESE!!! Look for reduced fat cheese if you must
    Chicken: Instead of kentucky or buffalo wings or nuggets - try breasts without skin, turckey or chicken livers, or a chicken salad made from white meat
    Instead of Avo, Banana or grapes, try melons, kiwi's, apples, peaches, strawberries, cherries, pineapple - beware of tropical fruit (pineapple, mango ect) they have higher sugar content
    Instead of ice cream, try sorbet, frozen yoghurt (plain vanilla or lite) or ice suckers
    Try for meat that are leaner with no visible fat, like thin slices of pastrami/silverside instead of gammon, bacon.
    NUTS is high in fat content so try to stay clear!!!
    Instead of chips, potatosalad, breadsalad, try jacket potato or roast potato with sour cream
    If you MUST have pizza, ask for a vegetarian one with no or very little cheese or opt for chicken. Also get the small, you don't really need a medium, do you??

Congratulations to all of you!!!

well done Ali! Great news on breaking the 70kg Nadine, keep it up!

Hoody - remember eat day is a new day, every snack is a new snack. Well done on weighing yourself, I find that doing the weigh-in keeps me accountable to *myself* and posting it here means I can't hide my head between the chocolate bars

Keep up the good work ladies!

Hi Everyone!

Congrats on all your losses!

Start weight: 122kg (2 years ago)
    Last weigh in: 99kg
    This weigh in: 102kg : (

Bummer, but i know it's because I am completely and totally not sticking to a diet! Argh! Trying not to get too bummed about it, but it's hard not too. Stupid mood swings and masses of pimples too, so I'm not the happiest camper! Still trying to look on the bright side of things - exercise is going well and my MIL said I looked like I had lost more weight.

Thanks for the food substituion tips Nadine - just need to follow them now! I guess it's easier to swap something than to not have anything at all. Although sometimes I find once I start eating I can't stop... anyone else have this problem?

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

Wow Ruth..... you have done really really well to have lost the weight you have so far, please dont lose sight of that !!!... you are still 20kg lighter than 2 years ago.... ( I am 20kg HEAVIER than 2 years ago, think i found your lost weight LOL)
    We all have slip ups... me probably more requently than others LOL.... Just start fresh today & go from there... ...
    I am a big snacker too... that is probably where my biggest downfall is really...

I use food as comfort.... when i am bored, upset, depressed, stressed... you name it Ill eat for it !!!!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast