Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet & Weight Loss Support #3

Ruth - I do. I tend to buy things pre-packaged. EG mini-weiss bars instead of a tub of ice-cream. It's easy to just take the tub and eat it all, but annoying to keep walking to the freezer.

And drinking a glass of water each time I want to snack is good too - eg pour a glass of water, and then eat the chocolate. Of course, the chocolate is a snack-size! And if I want another chocolate, I have to drink another glass of water.

I Like the glass of water idea Kazbah....will have to try that one!!!!

I have this rule ... yes I sometimes break it, but for most of the times I try my very best to stick with it. I WILL NOT get myself some ice cream (or cookies, or chocolate, or fizzy cooldrink), UNLESS DH ask for some, or want some
    So I will sit on the couch drooling like a starving dog and ask him if he wants some. It's a sorry sight. If he says yes, I dish him up a bowl and put some for me in a coffeemug (I tend to take a smaller portion then) If he says no, I get nothing!!!! He is not a sweettooth, so only having something sweet when he wants it, help me ALOT!! And it sure as hell helps me not to eat the whole 2lt tub in a sitting!!!!!

My DF is the opposite Nadine

And that's how I got addicted to coffee cause I decided to not make a cup for my boss only a while ago ... I ended up with a 10-cup-a-day habit

Mine too (hi back in here!) he goes through a 48pack of water iceblocks (you knoe the tube ones) in a week, if that.
    I am finding it really difficult to stay on track, especially at this time of year.

My DH has shcking eating habits.... he can eat whatever he wants & doesnt put on weight...

Mind you now we have both quit smoking he is starting to get a little belly LOL....

Keeping on track at the moment is really hard work....

I'm fighting a losing battle! I'm eating choccies, and.... well anything I can get my tubby little hands on! I feel so disgusting, but just can't get that motivation I need AAAGGGHHHHH!!

im finding it hard to keep on track!! the xmas shopping is stressing me out so i have dabbled abit with the chocolate!! i had to have decaf from gloria jeans so depressing!!

Hey guys,

I'm loving these tips about snacking etc. The glass of water one sounds great. I use a modified version of the "only if DH wants some" rule - I only have something at a party/dinner if someone directly offers it to me. For instance, if there is a basket of garlic bread on the table, I say to myself I can't eat any unless some one actually picks up the basket and says "would you like some bread Ruth?". Works for me.

Keep up the good work everyone! Especially over the weekend. : )

PS Thanks for all your encouragement! : )

HI all,

it's been a little while since I came in to post as I was feeling a little disheartened from no weight loss, then was sick etc etc, so I had my break and I focused again and today I'm 66.7kg's so i've lost 800gms since I last weighed in.

I finally feel like i'm back on track. So i might be around a little more.

I forgot to weigh in this morning.. but I did weigh myself at my MILs yesterday... was mid morning too...

Weighed in at 78.5kg on her scales.. so no change for me!!!...

We did have DHs work xmas do on Sat night & I did slightly overendulge LOL... silly girl... ah well... been good today so far... just need to get my water intake up & keep it up!!!

No weigh in for me today, I'm too ashamed...
    In my own defence I have been sick with a chest infection, so no energy to cook healthy foods, all quick and easy or take away for the last week. I think I'll just wait now til after chrissy. I know I'm not going to be doing anything much for my weightloss over the next two weeks or so with christmas parties and chrissy day coming up...ugh I hate this feeling.

Hey All!!

No weigh in for me this week as diet had taken a back seat. Not that I really ate much over the week with all the running around. But I am now a MRS!! So thats good and am planning to take a few more days rest from diet and exercise and maybe get back in to it at the end of this week or next week.

Congrats Veronica!!!! u will b going on holidays very soon anyway and may I ask what r u doing on here when u should b on ur honeymoon??? go and enjoy married life hun!!!

Just a reminder to all that this week is the best week to go hard and weigh in next Monday. then Christmas day is Tuesday, I think I'll skip next week 'cause I felt like I missed out last year 'cause I wasn't supposed to eat half the yummy things 'cause I was preggers

Hi Guys,

Just thought i would join this thread... I've been trying to lose weight since having my twins in may 06, i got back to pre pregnancy weight within a week of giving birth but put on nearly 20kg in the following months, by christmas i looked like a bloated balloon... i couldnt work out why as i was eating well and walking every day albeit not getting a lot of sleep with the twins... went to the doctors and he informed me that it was the steroids that i was given when i went into labour and it would take about 6 months for them to be out of my system and i could expect to be losing weight after that, and as he said, i started to notice the weight going down around January and have sucessfully lost 18kgs since then...

Im not proud of how much i weigh, it disgusts me actually, but i have struggled with my weight all my life, my mother had a weight problem too and from a young age used to be on to me about my weight even though as a child i was normal, but when i was about 9 i had a sporting injury and wasnt very active and packed it on a bit, which made her worse... so i guess its all that repressed childhood stuff really does makes an impact

But im determined to get healthy and back to a good weight, I'm aiming for around the 80-85kg mark, im about 175cms tall so i have 35kgs to go ... like some people here i do have a lot of muscle mass so anything under 80kgs and i tend to get the bobble head syndrome and i look a bit weird iykwim

Anyways, before this turns into a novel - Just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully i can keep up with my losing streak and get some inspiration from others here

xxx

Welcome Reez

weighed in today at 65.5. 100g loss which is not too bad with the early christmas stuff. still bout 1/2 way 2 my goal.

congratz Ali, a loss is a loss no matter how much!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast