Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet & Weight loss support #4

OK so I caved and got on the scales! No change from last week so I guess I should just be thankful that it wasn't a gain Far out I think about my posts in this thread and I must sound like I have multiple personality disorder or something! Switching from one thing to the other, loosing weight is such a mental torment game I feel good that I been working out and eating well except for the chocolate! I will have one more week of not counting calories and working out, if there is not a loss on the scales next Monday I will have to go back to counting again

Hope everyone else is doing well... I'm off not to do a workout....

Quote Originally Posted by cherished1 View Post
    I think about my posts in this thread and I must sound like I have multiple personality disorder or something! Switching from one thing to the other, loosing weight is such a mental torment game
    Cherished1, don't be so hard on yourself! There's a reason weight loss is a multi-million (or probably billion) dollar industry, it's HARD! And the whole point of this thread is to give us some support and express what you need to! I think you're doing great, and you're working out what works for you, which is best thing you can do.

Well I'm yet to weigh-in (that's after my morning express), but fingers crossed I did alright yesterday which was good. Plus i did about 5 hours in the yard... sweeping, digging etc, it was a good workout I reckon!

Hope everyone else is going well

So i am 200g up from last weeks weigh in ... ot so bad considering the crap ive been eating. Cant wait to go on holidays! Going to be doing so much that i should lose weight...weird..losing weight on holidays not gaining hehe

Goodluck with the weigh in Belfie!

to everyone

well I lost 200g, and I'm annoyed at myself cos I know I ate crap on Sat night, and it could have been better. But it IS a loss, so it's stupid to be annoyed, which makes me meta-annoyed clearly I should just get a grip!!

Ammaki - reading your post actually gave me a good kick up the pants, that's great about your holiday plans!

Am now just deciding which exercise to do today... hmm between cycling or walking... don't think I'm in a Wii Fit mood today

Thanks Belfie , yes 200g is still a loss, I would have been happy with that today lol You're doing great guns anyway, enjoy your exercise whatever you choose, I'd go for the bike ride if it were me

Ammaki 200grams isn't that bad, I love the idea of loosing weight on holidays, when we went to Phuket last year I think I lost weight in the 1st week from walking so much and probably sweating but it came back by the time we left due to eating all those buffet breakfasts YUM

AFM my workout was pretty LAME I walked for 20 mins, did 20 squats and a few other leg/butt pilates moves... I will be in the garden today too and probably go back into the gym later

The batteries on my Wii Fit DIED!! I went to get on this morning and have a crack ... nothing. Bugger will hav to get some tonight hehe

Hi all -I'm weighing in later this morning but I don't think I will have a loss given that I ate and drank so much at the wedding on Saturday!

Cherished - any exercise is better than sitting on your behind watching tv and eating chips so don't be too hard on yourself! We went to Phuket last year too but i came back heavier (not to mention pregnant )

Belfie - well done - I would be happy with that today!

Ammaki - bummer at the WiiFit!! go for a walk to get some new batteries

Quote Originally Posted by Nai View Post
    We went to Phuket last year too but i came back heavier (not to mention pregnant )
    That's great Nai we started ttc while we were in Phuket, it was our early honeymoon (the wedding was 2 months later) it made it all a bit more special, but we didn't get pregnant, that came in the cycle after the wedding (but we lost that one)... anyway today is my new start... after my 2nd mc this year, my af has finished today and I am on a new cycle AND I haven't fallen off the weight loss wagon so I have a lot to be proud of today (there should be a pat on the back icon in here) And you are right hon, any exercise is better than none... I'm about to go do some ironing, will that count too hehehehhehe

Good luck in your weight in!

Hi Everyone

I'm going to join in here if thats ok.

DD2 is nearly 6 weeks old and I think I am ready to start exercising and loosing this excess weight. I only have 7kgs to go to get back to prepregancy weight but then another 8kg to get back to what I used to be and feel fittest at. So my target is 15kg.

We have a wii fit and I plan on walking DD1 to school with the pram and dog to start with. Depending on how my stomach muscles are going (I damaged them badly during the last pregnancy) I'll start other types of exercise in a while. My only cravings at the moment are nutella (I keep eating it straight from the jar ) so I'm going to try to avoid that!

I gather that everyone does a weigh in on Monday mornings? Well done to everyone who has lost weight this week... 200g doesn't seem like much but over a number of weeks it does add up - I remember that from when I lost weight after DD1. I did weight watchers that time and it worked really well but I want to try to loose weight without having to pay for it this time!

Weight today: 77kg exactly! 15kg to go...
    Last edited by Ryatha; August 10th, 2009 at 10:02 AM.

Welcome rytha! I think a few of us weigh in on Mondays but there are many who dont ... im hoping to blast that 200g this week hehe! Sounds like you have some good plans to get started there! Goodluck hun! x

ryatha so nice to have another person in our very supportive thread and congratulations on the safe arrival of your little girl As Ammaki said some of us weigh in on Monday and others a different day... I started on a Monday because I was calorie counting and the calorie king diary starts on a Monday etc

Anyway good luck and again welcome

ohhh ryatha I just saw you are from Gawler.... Is that out in the sticks of Adelaide? If so what are you doing all the way out there? I went there when I was about 14 and had a very strange experience with a mango...... I know it sounds like I'm a looney and it might give more grunt to that 'multiple personality' thing I wrote earlier but I think I got a high from the mango!.... It was the 1st one I ever ate and I've been addicted to them ever since

Welcome Ryatha! I'm doing WW but not going to meetings etc, just doing the program by myself. I have lost 7kg so far.

g'day Ryatha, I'm doing WW online too, and have also lost about 7kg. You're doing well to start with bub being 6 weeks! Your plans sound great. I used to weigh in on Wednesdays... then it went to Tuesdays (cos of the Transformation challenge - finished now) then I decided that Mondays keeps me more honest over the weekend lol! Either that or I start trying to be good again.

Well I'm having a foul day so far, just grumpy and meh. I've done a 30 min exercise bike cycle & plan/hope to squeeze in a walk later. My sis rang halfway through cycle and so it was "talking" pace... then bub woke up... and DH was meant to re-settle him *sigh* but did the man thing (i.e. NOTHING!), so bub had virtually no nap, didn't want lunch, didn't want bottle... blah blah whinge whinge.

So anyway, that's my little waffly vent... trying to get back on track. Oh and DH has lost .4kg this week, so that's good.

Ammaki - that's a bummer about the batteries! That happened to me a few weeks ago.

cherished1 - high from a mango.. tehehehe

Went home at lunch time new batteries in the Wii and did a step class and a few of the balance things, got the blood pumping for sure! Planning to get to the gym this afternoon; i feel like ive had a productive day!

Well done Ammaki!

Well I weighed in and lost 400g so am now 7.5kg down - Yay!!! I'm very happy considering the weekend that I had. I went to the gym and did 4.5km on the treadmill and then some weights so I am feeling better. Now I have to clean the house *sigh* I really can't be bothered.

Hi guys. Sounds you are doing well.
    Nai - Yay on the loss. Great job!
    Welcome Ryatha! Nice to see you in here.
    Cherished - yay for no gain. I hope this goes well with the no counting.
    Ammaki - 200g isn't so much. It could just be fluid. Hang in there!

Well I was pretty naughty yesterday, I went to work by bike but was just so so tired so got DH to pick me up when I was done. I had fried food for lunch then slept for two hours. Then got up for dinner and ice-cream, then passed out at 8:30. I think I have just been doing too much. But heres hoping the bad food won't weigh me down too much tomorrow.
    Well see you all in the morning!

Thank you everyone for your incredibly warm welcome!

Well today has gone well. I walked to school and back this afternoon and have avoided eating nutella all day! I've just had an evening snack but stopped before eating the whole packet of biscuits. I didn't get a chance to use the wii as DH was in that room studying but DD1 and I plan on using it tomorrow night.

Give me a few posts and I'll start remembering names. And yes I'm in the sticks of Adelaide at Gawler, I landed a great job teaching out here and moved the family here so I didn't have the long drive! Since I am the sole income earner, I got to choose where we live That is bizzare about the mango... what a memory to have of Gawler!

Ok, going to bed soon so I can avoid the sweet foods. How do I avoid this sweet craving I get every night??????

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast