Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet & Weight loss support #4

that sounds yummy! I wish I'd brought some tomato and cheese to have on my lunch today! I'm having boring old tuna on toast today Keep up the good work!

Hi girls... Jut dropping in to say that I didn't feel like I had lost any weight yesterday so I didn't even get on the scales!

I have started reading a book called the Gabriel Method has anyone heard of it or done it??? I am only up to pg 19 so I will let you know what I think when I am done.

never heard of it Cherish! Don't blame you for not weighing yourself, I'm not going to weigh myself for a few weeks I think...

cherish: hope the book has some answers for you. i am sort of doing the low gi thing. i've got the low gi revolution book but havn't read it for a while.

MG: keep up the good work, keep us posted. good luck

afm: well i lost 1/2 a kg this week, yeah 500 grams !!! i am so happy with my effort as i have really only been trying since sunday.
    i also booked in for a personal training session aft we get back from camping with this lady trainer.
    and to top it off i took my bike in today and rode along bike track for 50 mins !!! before i parked and walked 10 mins to school for the day !!!!!!

then to top it off i had a great salad that i made myself last night for lunch, carrot sticks and an apple for morning tea break and 2 little easter eggs ( the very little ones as big as a thumb nail)

i have been fantastic !!!
    lets hope for more of these days !!!!!!

Well done JBM! WOOHOO! I'm learning to love salads. I made a yummy one tonight with lamb, capsicum, tomato, lettuce, garlic yoghurt sauce, cucumber. YUMMO!

I was very good today at work for the choc fest - I didn't eat ANY choc!!! WOOT! Very proud of myself!

Great effort with the exercise too hon! I'm thinking of dusting off my bike!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm craving pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Watching Everyone loves Raymond and icing my back and they're eating fatty, oily, cheesy, yummy looking pizza (droooooooooooooool)... and now I want some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help me be strong! I've already had a small choc egg today!!!

On a positive note, am going to PT this afternoon despite back and knee. Doing modified work out. Bit tentative but don't want to lose my motivation.
    Last edited by Mother Goose; April 9th, 2009 at 04:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Hi girls

Great job to both of you! You are doing really well

OMG Pizzzzza is my absolute fav food along with red wine and curry!!!!

The Gabriel Method book is great I recommend you both go and get it. It is reminding me of many things I already know and is very inspiring. I am almost there already with the nutrition advice he gives but he has inspired me to go the extra mile that I have been wanting to do but just haven't yet. The book is about switching off your FAT Programs and getting your body to want to loose weight. It's also about not dieting but adding to what you eat to make sure you are getting nutrients you need to then stop feeling hungry. It also talks about causes of being overweight and how to speed up your metabolism etc

I haven't weighed myself for a while and have decided not to... I figure my clothes will start to be too big and when I get back into my size 12 pants I will get back on the scales.

Happy easter!!!! GOD this is a hard time of year for us! I was bad (not like you 2 goodies) I ate about 10 little eggs in3 days... Maybe even more!

Hi girls, just wanted to drop in and wish you all will power and a little encouragment today

I have to say that I am totally impressed with myself, I got up this morning and made a fresh juice and than had half a hot cross bun. Don't even really feel like chocolate (which is strange)? On a separate note I am hoping we have conceived and I am pg now so choc wont be that great for bubs if there is one (or two) in there

Anyway I hope you all enjoy the day and aren't struggling too much!

Ooooh... fingers crossed for you Cherish! You've been so good today! I had two fruitless hot cross buns for b'fast... and a little egg (the hard ones)... and I've had two of the next size up. DD offered me one of her eggs and I said no and (get this!) DH gave me a huge lecture about how rude I am because DD is sharing! so I relented! Now he is down on the treadmill (he ate 2 little eggs, 3 the next size up, three hot cross buns). I'm going for a big walk this afternoon with DD (she needs to burn some energy!) and then on the treadmill later... We were going to have spag bol for dinner... think we might have chicken stir fry instead...

Easter is wicked!

Ohhhh Mother Goose you have done SO WELL!!! I'm lucky DH is so supportive (some times TOOOOOO supportive,when I want to slack off a bit!) He is so supportive to the point where if he wants pizza,chocolate, wine etc and I feel like I can't really afford to have it than he wont have it BLESS HIM

He never buys me easter eggs and I usually buy a few for both of us but because I'd already eaten a few during the week I didn't get any, feeling good about it today.

Well done again!

hi girls i am still here. we went away camping for the week after easter and i got the flu ( from DH), also had AF and to top it off burnt myself on camp fire. doing well.
    i am still not better.
    had a headache, and just feeling so tired. to top it off i have to work tomorrow as i can't get hold of anyone to say i am sick ?! arggggg

i don't know what i have been eating but i havn't been real good. dh has been doing a bit but some toasted sangas a few times isn't good 4 me.

hope to get back on track this week as i have a personal training session on thursday.

hope you guys are being better .

JBM - sounds like you've had a rough trott!!! Speedy recovery wishes to you hon!

I'm actually sitting here feeling BLERG right now. Just feel so drained and nauseated... I'm def not PG, last days of AF... had a Macca's (small) meal today so it is probably that. I just want to sleep in the sun out of the wind... maybe I'm coming down with something. Who knows. I've been doing ok otherwise. Eating is perfect but it is 10000 times better than the old me. AND I've been doing well on my treadmill. I'm very happy with that. I have a PT session Tuesday morning... feeling sick about that too...

Hope you feel better soon hon.

MG

awwwww girls big hugs to both of you

JBM I hope work wasn't too rough with you! How's your bad luck camping!!! We are heading off camping for 3nights this coming weekend so I hope I have a better time than you did.

Mother Goose I am not pg either got af yesterday can't wait to ttc again this cycle!!!

AFM on the weight loss front.... I haven't weighed myself for ages but my clothes are getting looser, strangley I can particularly tell in my underwear! They were getting pretty tight and I thought I was going to need to go and buy larger ones heheheh

I've gotta say again that I highly recommend the Gabriel Method book. It's an easy read and it all makes so much sense that you will want to keep reading (this is coming from someone who is lucky to read one book a year) There is a cd which he has that he recommends you listen to every night so DH downloaded it from the website onto his mp3 player for me and I fall asleep before it even finishes. I don't know everything that it says on there but since the 1st time I listened to it I get up in the mornings with so much energy and I 'want' to eat well. I have nearly done everything that I have been 'putting off' around the house too which feels great!

Anyway don't forget to rest if you are sick, working out too much will only make you feel worse

Alright girls, move over and let me park this housebeast of a rear end! lol Time to get motivated and drop a few kgs seem I have named this year 'my year'...so far it has been about everyone else!

Mothergoose - must start with you. The quote you have from Sara Henderson - RIGHT ON! I have always beleived there is a light at the end of the tunnel and always tell people that when times are tough. Having read that quote, enspired me to join this thread and do something about my post 2 babies body. also, today is my 15 yr annivesary with DH (even though he really is my DP but after 15 years......) and I was an 8 when we first started going out and now I hover around 12 / 14. eeeek!

Anyways I am 65kg - 67kg which thankfully is what I was when I fell preggas last time...but 5 up from what I was the first time I fell preggas 2.5 yrs ago.

I am a sahm so really time is no constraint, it is all the reasons I come up with not to do some exercise - have to do the washing, DS2 has to have a sleep, it cold, wet, hot daylight or too early! The dog could do with a walk too. lol

I cook reasonably well, but have become lazy since DS2 was born, well not lazy just feel too darn tired to cook sometimes....enter KFC!

I try to have my 2L of water most days but like today, find myself fueling up on coffee due to late night / early morning today and feeling abit blah due to sinus. Should be drowning myself in water as I know it will help clear up the snot! lol

I know I can easily drop a few kgs asI have done it before a few yrs ago. Walked every night after work, increasing distance every few days, ate three meals plus fruit / yoghurt for morning and arvo tea.

I think my prob most days is lack of motivation / laziness / can't be bothered!

Soooo, someone put a bomb under my butt perlease!!!!!

Thanks for reading.
    xxxx

Welcome Vixstar!!! You can definately do it. Start with small steps and keep positive!

I use to make excuses like that too... it's daylight - someone will see me; it's dark - too dangerous; it's too hot; it's too cold... Now, I look forward to my time on the treadmill - it is me time. I am enjoying getting my confidence back. I hope you can enjoy your journey as much as I am enjoying mine!

MG

Welcome Vixstar so nice to have another friend on this thread!

I'm heading off camping and have to go to work in 4 mins so gotta run

Hello mother goose and JBM

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I was so proud of myself last night. We had to go out for FIL birthday and went to Hogs Breath and I ordered the lite version of my meal, which was a smaller cut of meat! Plus doubled my salad!!!! Yay......and had dessert too......mmmmm.....better work on the kinds of dessert I eat me thinks! lol

Hope everyone is having a great day!

xxxx

Cherish - hope you're having a brilliant camping trip!!!!

Vix - well done on selecting the lite menu! I know how hard that is at Hog's Breath - their menu is so tempting! And remember, it is still ok to have dessert... just try to chose healthier options and you don't have to eat it all. And be kind to yourself, it takes us years to form these bad habits so it is only fair it is going to take time to build new healthy habits.

JBM - how are you doing hon?

Me - well, I had another session with my PT last night... am sooooooooooo over it. EVERY time I see him there is a problem. Whether it me freaking out about the gym, or me hurting myself. I think I've only had one injury free session so far. Last night my shoulder was cactus. It is good this morning but my back isn't. I'm sitting here icing it. So not happy. I've done my stretches my Osteo gave me but it is only slightly improved. Not happy at all!!!! But PT and Osteo have talked and have worked out some plans to speed my recovery along for my injuries and get me back up to where I want to be so I cna train hard again... preferabbly without having more injuries. I am so over being injured. I said to PT last night that I am scared of hurting myself more - that I can't afford any more injuries. I can't afford to have another big injury. My body is rooted as it is...

Sorry - I'm a tad negative this morning - pain will do that to me! But my eating is much better. Not perfect, but better...

Have a great weekend ladies!

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast