Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Diet and Weight Loss Support - October 2007

Hi all,

Well done on all the losses, keep it up ladies.

According to the scales I've lost since monday, but I still have the weekend to get through. Don't have too much to do this weekend and if the weather doesn't get too hot again might be able to get out for some walking.

Planing to walk to voting on Saturday morning, may as well get it over and done with first thing.

Morning everyone!!

My weigh in this morning: 75.8kg

The weight it just coming off now! 5.8kg to go until I'm at my ideal weight.

Hi guys!
    I am back at 71.2kg mixed emotions about that
    Not getting to the gym as much as I would like - DH has told me to come jogging with him tomorrow (?????) *almost fainted*
    Going to knuckel down the next three weeks. My birthday is in a month and I still want to lose 5kg!!!!!!! OK, just as much as I possibly could.

Congratulations Veronica

chin up Nadine! it is only a plateu and will soon b gone. the minor gain is prob due to water. i get it sometimes too. i know that it feels like but u will break thru it (pardon the pun) and although it may seem impossible now u need 2 keep going

Weighed in at 67.4kg's I really need to try harder. Forgot to weigh yesterday, was a little busy.

Veronica, well done, you are doing fantastically.

Start Weight: 75kg
    Current Weight: 73kg
    Goal Weight: 64kg
    Notes: I hope the chocolate binge yesterday doesn't stuff up what I did last week!

Must say, having the water easily available makes it so much easier to drink.

OK I have put on the three kg's I had lost in the past few weeks , due to stress of uni exams....I have been eating really badly cause I just can't concernatrate on uni and eating well and exercising! I will be back to it tomorrow, but I'm not weighing in 'officially' until next week .

Congratulations to all of you who have been strong and have lost weight' Especially to you Veronica!! You have done so well.

Sounds like the majority of us are having an 'off' week. I am too, I just know I'll have put on weight this week but all we can do is put our chins up and take one step at a time. So, instead I'm not focussing on how bad I was eating on the weekend, I'm reminding myself I was good and went to the gym this morning and will behave the rest of the week.

Thanks for the encouragement Alli, I needed that.
    Is not a good day so far either. DD is sleeping really really bad and I am "soothing" myself by eating anything and everything. I had Bran Flakes with banana and 2% milk, small tub of yoghurt, a couple peanutbutter squares (bad, very very bad), half a ham, egg and cheese toast sandwitch and some chicken casarol and jello sweets. AND THAT IS JUST FOR THIS MORNING!!!! O, and an ice tea. I feel so bloated and icky!!!
    I think I need to put in a day's leave and just sleep some. Get rested and motivated again.
    OK, moan over
    I just have to try harder from now. I think it's the whole festive/holiday-thing that makes it harder for me to control my sweet tooth and urges.

LilyOfTheValley Guest

Hi all, ive been trying to lose weight since i started gaining it due to my Endo (started 2 years ago) but until my recent visit to the hospital i havent known how much i weighed so saying that im going to lose 10 kilos by xmas this year was a bit hard lol Ive gone from a size 8-10 to a 12 in 3 years The last time i weighed myself was almost 2 years ago and i was 55kgs (was normally 50kgs) and i was fine with that but its just piled on and im not happy with me anymore. I watch what i eat, not always a good girl in that area, but im usually good, and plus i dont have a car and so i walk everywhere so its not a lack of exercise

Current weight - 67.8kgs (soooo relieved thats all it was)
    Goal weigt - 55 kgs

So i would like to lose 12 kgs, but at least the 7.8 by the time school starts again in Feb as all thruout summer all i eat is salads.

Fingers crossed, and keep going everyone, you all can do it!!

Oops!! I forgot 2 put tuesday's weighin on!

drumroll please.....

66.8 kg

*ding*

That is mini goal 1 achieved! I was not expecting much coz of my huge loss last week, and I lost 300g.

Next mini goal is 61 kg

Hi all,

well done ali good job.

welcome lily, i'm sure you will loose the weight in no time. I have very similar goals to you and am currently a similar weight. Good luck.

nadine, I have been having lots of days like that recently. Ones where I just feel like eating everything and then some. Yet I'm not hungry I just have this desire to eat. Might be a boredom thing. The bit that gets to me though is that it's afternoons and evening that I go through this craving and yet I am so busy just finding time to have a shower, feeding dogs, etc etc that I forget to eat in the mornings.

I'm trying not to forget to eat in the mornings because it's only since breastfeeding I have been able to stomach breakfast, before that I hadn't been able to eat it since I was 12 and only had it occasionally while preggo.

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on this board for a while as things have been crazy here - and not in a good way. I've managed to put back on 3kgs! Argh! I'm now back over 100kg. The gym is still going well but I'm eating pretty much anything that it's pinned down. So much hunger.

Anyway the good news is that I'm off to the Dr today and I'm probably getting my Implanon out due to problematic bleeding (no symptoms for 4 years and now it's just started flooding!) and hope that it will help with the weight. I'm also considering going to an overeaters annonymous group but I haven't got the courage to do it yet.

Gym is still going well so at least I haven't lost fitness.

Back on the band wagon! And ready to drop the kgs! : )

Well guys... i weighed this morning... & am still at 79kg... grrr Im so peeved off... 3 weeks & no difference to my weight whatsoever...

i am still going to aqua aerobics twice a week & trying to get on the bike or Xtrainer other nights.. nothing seems to be working....

Hopefully i have bloating cause af is due soon... one can only live in hope i guess....

fingers crossed the scales move THIS week!!!!!

Oh girls, I hear you both!!

Ruth I have also put on what little weight I have lost in the past two or so months- about 3-4 kgs too. I am back up to 87kgs . All from the stress of uni, grrrr! Stress does horrible things to you. I hope things are getting better for you now.

Mitch, I lost weight really slowly too. It took me about 8-9 wks to lose a measly 3-4kgs, and as I said about I have put it all back on in about 2weeks. They slowly is the way to go though, so I'm hoping in losing weight so slowly, it will eventually stay off....

Oh well back to it

Im in a bit of a rutt here too. Every week I seem to just be fluctuating within the same kg. 66.5-67.5 I think I might just be happy with that for the time being.
    hopefully I can do a little better once I get back to work and eating out of boredom will be less likley. Plus I might have a better routine going.

Weighed in at 70.4kg this morning !! Almost under the 70's. Total loss of 6.6kg.
    Don't really feel like talking today, so I'll just post and get back to work
    Don't get to down in the dumps about not losing anything, take a break and a step back and start again.

Well done Nadine! Only a little bit to go to the 60's!

Rebecca - I definately find that work helps with not eating as much. My collegues know that I am trying to lose weight so I feel bad when I eat something naughty in front of them becuase I and they know I shouldn't (IYKWIM). So i am generally very very good with what I eat at work! Just make sure you have a supply of healthy snacks (little tins of tuna for me).

Kelli- I hear your grrrring! Stress induced eating is a big problem for many people I think... Now uni must be over you need to get back on the straight and narrow before xmas! (Argh - don't even talk to me about Christmas food!).

Hope everyone has a great day!

Ruth

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast