Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet and Weight Loss Support - October 2007

Hi ladies Congratulations on all your losses!!!!! Everyone seem so ... excited!!
    Welcom Schaz and Rebecca (how many becca's are there in here now??? I lost count)
    :yay: Veronica!!! You lost sooo many cm's - you are going to look drop dead gorgeous in your weddingdress!!

I lost 400g this week - wonder above wonder So now I am down to 71kg again. Just 5kg to go.

Gone to the gym this morning - Fat Burner class and then Step & Weights. Had almost no sleep last night, so was very tempted to stay in bed, BUT so glad I did not. I am proud of myself for dragging my sorry @$$ to the gym and STAYING for both classes. I might just reward myself

We have a function tonight - snacks and drinks - going to eat before I go, so I won't stuff myself there.

Schaz - wondering, could you just not get your calsium from yoghurt and cheese? I drink low fat milk (for three years now) and am so used to it that I can't stomach the full fat milk anymore. Also don't use butter or margerine on bread. But I do love yoghurt and cheese (also low fat)

Bec - Weight Watchers has a wonderfull breastfeeding plan. And the best of all is that you can still eat what you like!! I think you will find their plan easy to follow and LOADS of stuff to eat would not leave you hungry. It's plain and simple. I am currently on WW and I love their structure and support. It works for me. (not breastfeeding anymore)

Well, good luck for the week!!! :fingerscrossed: lots of weight loss on Monday!!!

hi all
    well i am down to 78.4kg this week which was a huge loss of 1.4kg BUT I had 2 days of the most horrible gastro bug and then ended up with mastitis so I imagine once I can manage to eat normally again some of it will come back - I'm kinda hoping that it doesn't but it will be nice to feel normal again

as far as exercise goes I'm doing a 1 hour walk 3 times a week and then lots of running around after a 4 month old the rest of the week - I think once I go back to work in January my exercise will go up as I have a pretty active job that involves lots of walking

welcome to the new people - good luck in your journeys and congrats to everyone else who has had a loss last week

Mel

I am bouncing round the 80kg mark...

With having quit smoking my food intake has increased !!!!!
    I need to get my butt into action & start watching what & how much I eat & geting in some exercise... going to look for some walking shoes this week cause my old ones are hurting my legs now... (they are about 10 years old though!!)

Heres hoping for some decreasing of weight real soon!!!

lol I think there are about 4 Rebecca's in here

Bec where abouts in Bendigo are you?

Hi girls, sorry I forgot to post yesterday, we had a horrible day!

Well as I thought no loss this week, I am still 85.7kg.....af is still around, so I may still be retaining fluid, and I have been eating [email protected] every second day. I really think so much of it is psycological! I think AF is here so I should be craving sugar and carbs, so I do....must try to break that habbit.

Congrats to those of you who have lost weight great going, keep on keeping on!

Hi everyone. I thought I would join in this as I am keen to lose some weight and get a bit fitter than I am.
    My weight stats: about 80kg. My ideal weight is around 60kg (well actually about 52kg but being realistic!). I try to do some walking but the lack of sleep and rainy weather tend to beat me at the moment. I think I eat enough vits and mins but overindulge on the calories. I am hoping to go overseas next year and know that the physical side of that will be tough so really need to pull my finger out and get started.

I thought I would start with three rules - 1. eat breakfast 2. drink enough water 3. do 20 mins of exercise at least 5 times a week (eg walking the dog).
    Good to hear everyone elses stories!

Also for KungfuRebecca - I read your post about $$ for joining classes (I so hear you). But my local library has loads of exercise dvds which are really good. It is free, I feel like I am in a class and I dont have to go out in public in lycra!!

rallybbek Guest

Hi Kufubecca - I am near the Bendigo RSL. How about you? I have some exercise vids here if you want to join me! It is too hard for me to get out for classes with 3 kids and hubby does long hours. I need some exercise buddies!
    Probably not going going to go to WW either, I think it will end up being a bit dear also. Got some books here and the net to read up on. Gotta pay the house off and do the renos!!!
    Goodluck for your next weight loss everyone.
    Bec

Righto... I am biting the bullett.. I have brought some togs today (& so did not like what i saw in the mirror)... I am going to my first aqua aerobics class tomorrow..... I will go on mon & wed nights... & work in cross trainer on oposite nights!!!

nadine - calcium needs fat particles to be absorbed into the body - for the amount of milk I drink (2-3 cups of coffee + cooking + occasional organic hot chocolate) then drinking full-cream isn't an issue. I do eat organic yoghurt and goat or sheep milk cheese.

Mitch - I've got fitflops - they're from the UK and they're thongs designed to help you tone, correct posture and strengthen core muscles. I also need to buy new shoes for those rare times I do "traditional" exercise. The shoes I've currently got give me enough support for things like using the dancemat for the playstation.

I actually put on weight when I went to weight watchers - even though I'd gone from 4 times a week at the gym to pretty much twice a day (in 6 weeks I lost 5% body fat and dropped 1 dress size but put on 5 kg) - their food combining doesn't work for me - also the amount of processed foods they expect you to eat made me physically sick.

I'm probably going back onto heathpointe - I lost weight easily on that last time - actually I've not put back on the weight I lost from my first round of it and that was nearly 2 years ago.

Schaz... those fit flops sound interesting... might have to have a look at those!!!

Ok. a day late 4 my weigh in and I am 68.9. I have lost another 1 kg. I am so proud of myself for a complete lifestyle change when it comes to food. had pizza on sunday nite n didn't enjoy it so I am very happy to b enjoying healthy food more that [email protected]

Hi all,

Not mych of a video workout person, although I own tiebo and have a yoga dvd as well. I love the yoga one I'm just not motivated enough to do it, plus my house isn't the appropriate size for doing these things.

Bec I live in marong Rd, not far from Spotlight. I did WW at home a few years ago, as I'm not one for attending meetings and I did quite well at it, but I didn't really use the resources they sent me.
    more than happy to meet maybe for some walking or something, but I don't drive so it's difficult for me to get anywhere, I'm also quite shy so you would want to be a good talker to not get bored with me oh and I'm going to be back at work as at january 7th.

Krysalyss, I have avoided our local library for many years as I'm sure the last books I borrowed went back at least 6 months late and I don't want to pay the fines, lol, maybe I can re-join with my married name, just have to lie about having being a member before.

becca - do you have a playstation at home? Just that there are a few workout type games that you can get, some are purely "fun" but they give you a workout, like the ones that come with dancemats (think the U tampon ads with the chick in the yellow outfit playing on that game), nike did a game for the eyetoy which gives you a real workout - heck a lot of the eyetoy games are workout central! I don't like exercise videos either, but love these. DH & I challenge each other to different games we have - the dancemat one we need to have towels handy because we SWEAT!

I'm going to get DH to measure me tomorrow, so I can start gauging what my loss is (I know how much I weigh, I just don't follow weight loss but "size" loss)

schaz, i completley forgot about the video games. we have an nintendo wii and the sports games are quite exhausting. maybe I should be doing some boxing. I'm sure Xavier would find it amusing too.

people think of exercise as the traditional "going to the gym" or "walking/running" - which makes exercise REALLY BORING unless you enjoy the monotony of the gym.

For me I need things that are fun - hence the playstation games we buy that are energetic etc

Quote Originally Posted by schaz View Post
    people think of exercise as the traditional "going to the gym" or "walking/running" - which makes exercise REALLY BORING unless you enjoy the monotony of the gym.

For me I need things that are fun - hence the playstation games we buy that are energetic etc
    me too but we can't afford a playstation. might have to save up or put 1 on layby with sum active games. will tell DH that it won't work his old games so he has 2 get up n b active with me instead of taking over n sitting on his bum with a controller. used to have ps2.

Hi ladies, I think it's time I climbed back on the wagon of admitting instead of avoiding. *LOL* I dropped most of my pregnancy weight mostly by watching my portion size and trying to get moving a bit more. Got down to 68 kgs at the beginning of this year and then I went back to work and BANG I climbed back up to 76.6kgs again. *sigh*

Finally bit the bullet last month and joined the gym. I'm down to 72.05kgs as of this morning which I'm quite proud of, but my aim is 63kgs, would be pretty happy with 62-65kg mark really.

I need a good kick up the butt to keep me on the wagon..... *LOL*

Well done to all of the girls for your terrific weight loss and motivation.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast