Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NYBTC Chatter Week #1

drats, not a class anywhere near me!

But maybe when I get back to work, there'll be one near there then.

I find that when I start getting fit, my body doesn't want junky food, so I'm concentrating on starting to get my body fitter, and then the food sorta works itself out, if you know what I mean?

Sooo tempted to weigh myself today, but holding strong. Just about to walk down the hill to the shops to get some $$$ out for the mower man, and the milko, and transfer to someone else.

I don't have kids so I really admire you girls. Right now I have a 5kg furbaby needing serious cuddles so am typing one handed - really slowly. smething most of you probably do really well.

Ngala, can I have the exercises please - [email protected] - are you using miscrosoft software? If so, you can 'print' to microsoft office document image writer and that makes it like a PDF and much smaller in size......I can handle 7 meg though so send the 7 meg one to me

I am a callanetics instructor which is the fastest toning exercises I have ever found and tones me seriously fast. I teach 2 classes a week at home and it is all I need for toning but am always looking for what else is out there.....I just need to get of my butt and go running!!!

Too much alcohol this week for me. It really slows my weighloss - I have been meeting with all my friends - typical New Year catchups and I only have one drink each time but even that is too much for me with regards to weightloss. Gotta stop it.

Thank-you for the replies. I'm trying to cut out carbs. I am also trying to eat as many veges as I can. Lol. A bit hard when the house is still full of chocolate. I have set up a few mini goals to get me to where I want to be now All I have to do is knuckle down and get to work.

Argh that's it hey? Over the past month or so I have eradicated all bad foods from my house! Makes it much easier when you start to crave bad foods or you're in a rush - then they're just no there to grab!

Feeling great today. My workout must have done something today because I'm nice and sore even though I lifted less. I have done my gym class earlier this morning before the heat and am feeling great.

Need to check out those exercises to do each day too!

hey everyone,

it's really motivating to read how motivated you guys all are - especially in relation to excercise!

I have had a really [email protected]#house day so far but the one thing that has gone well is my eating so I am pleased about that I even resisted that fruit cheese on crackers that my boss was trying to offload on people at lunchtime! I love that stuff but think it's probably too high in fat. I am like you Tracey with the alcohol, any cheese is too much if I want to lose weight. I am the same with alcohol as well actually now that I think about it

Kaz - you poor thing! I hope you are up and walking soon.
    Lucy - I was wondering where you had got to......don't worry about the few slip ups. It is hard when there are people in the house and it doesn't sound like you went too overboard to me. Just get back on track from now and you'll feel better by this time tomorrow

Breaking news, DP and I have just signed contracts for a 5.5 acre lot of land out of town and he just suggested we go out there. I might power walk around the perimeter a few times. How far do you think that would be? Exercise! YAY!

Catch you all later.

I walked for 15mins! So one of the powerwalks is done! Apparently it was approx 1.2km. I know it was at a slowish pace - tried to go quickly but there were many obstacles like tree branches, rabbit holes and knee high grass to contend with! I know it's not much compared to all you girls who seem to be exercising for hours each day but I am really proud I made the effort. It will be better when the grass is mowed.

hehehe, next time push the mower around Kaz

well my exercise today is going to be 10pin bowling - we're taking my DSS for a few games!

AND my Angel is home (this is my car - not a child - but then again.......)

Good job Kaz! anything is better than nothing. Congrats on the land too.

My excercise got side tracked today - went to go for a walk and there is a big hole from my offroading yesterday in the rain in one of the tyres BUT I got out the crappy $20 umbrella stroller and went anyway - my arms are killing me.

Woohoo Schaz - I had a look at your car. It's beautiful. We have a vintage too. A 1964 EH. It sadly couldn't drive all the way to our new home so is housed in Sydney until Cam gets bat and will tow it. You'll be surprised about the muscles in your bum you didn't know you had after bowling
    Last edited by ~Kim~; January 10th, 2008 at 06:20 PM.

Ohhhh I am so craving a chocolate sundae!!! Maccas is a 2 minute drive from here.... *drools*

Lea - what if you walk there and back? Will that make up for eating the sundae?

Kazbah - LOL at thought of me pushing a mower around that block by hand! It would be fantastic exercise though wouldn't it? DP wants to buy some minature tractor thing that can dig holes but also mow lawn. That sounds kind of fun to me (I always like the sitting on my butt option over any other!).

Kim - good on you for going anyway and getting some arm exercise you weren't planning on into the bargain!

Schaz - 10 pin bowling, I haven't done that in a while. I agree with Kim about the bum muscles though. Have fun!

No excerise for me today......far too hot.....I am not sure what temp is has reached in sunny old Adelaide......all I have done is splash in the paddling pool with the kids.....

Well I walked down the chiro and back, and then down to the florist and back. Back heaps better!!! jogging again tomorrow!

I don't think i'm up to doing the cross trainer tonight - it is so hot upstairs on the landing (only have aircond in the bedrooms), and i think i'll be ill if i try it.

But it will be hot tomorrow, and sat is my day off, so i'm worrried i won't do any for 3 days... grr!

actually my bum muscles got a work-out on the weekend when I did a 7 1/2 hour shift as a roadie - nothing works your body like pushing 1/4 tonne boxes up and down ramps & into trucks!

Well I resisted the sundae! And I did the vacuuming, mopping and tidying instead lol. I watered the garden tonight by bucket - harder on the arms then holding a hose

Lucy I know what you mean... over 40 degrees - way too hot to do much of anything.

Kazbah Whoo hoo on the walking to the chiro and florist!

hey everyone!

I've had a really busy day. Went to the gym this morning and then sat at the doctor's for 2 hours today doing my dive medical only to fail it They say my blood pressure is too high and protien in urine. So I went to my normal doctor and he checked blood pressure and its OK, getting results from urine tomorrow. So going back to the doctor to redo my blood pressure, if its still too high, he is going to call my normal doc. I AM GOING TO GO DIVING!!

Schaz and Tracey - I have sent the document through to you.

Hope everyone has a great day today! WhooHoo its Friday

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast