Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat - March 2008

thanx alli ill go do that now! Also how do i get 2 the one iv already made and edit it? I cant find saved tickers etc?

Krissy i 4give u! Go 2 bed now!!! I cant wait!!!

Kass, my IL's aren't too bad most of the time - but they're 900km away. But when i have seen them, now only twice i think, they're really smothering and i feel constantly like im being watched. It really irks me out.
    I wanted to keep my surname when we got married too, thats partly why he has my surname, because i said i'd change it to Slattery when we eventually get married. But Anthony wants us to be 'family', so he;s going to hyphenate his surname too. Guess it's a good compromise. I still feel like me and i get to feel like the three of us are a family unit, ykwim?

Ali - i like the way you chose your ticker, that's cool I'll remember that for next time i want to change! & good on you for making it through my birth story... I couldn't stop writing... LOL!

Krissy - i was pretty peeved off when it all happened and i hadn't had a vent yet so that was probably why Good luck! So happy for you !

Ok... Trini... how we combatted our parents.
    As you know, Alex was an unplanned, but very welcome surprise.

(Gosh darn, can i like, ever write a post without giving you guys my life story. For crying out loud, what ever happened to succinctness Ashlea???!)

I knew my mum would be fine with the pregnancy thing. We'd always had a really good & open relationship about sex & whatnot, and she had fallen pregnant with me on the pill, and had me just before she turned 19 so i knew there'd be no ridicule etc. BUT she had just fallen pregnant with IVF twins and i was freaking out because what if they didn't stick, or their were complications etc, etc. It was just bad timing in those regards.

I think we were at day five after finding out, and i accidentally (ok i wanted to send it, but never intended to) sent her a text message saying i had bad news & she called me later that night to check on me. She did the mothers' twenty question spiel - are you ok, are you sick, do you get fired, did you and anthony break up...? Not really... no, no, no - then she said, well, are you pregnant?
    I kind of let that little yes escape me, and she absolutely p**sed herself laughing... and then she was squealing "I'm gonna be a Grandma" and telling my step-dad he was going to be a Grandad.

I expected it to be an hour long conversation - i don't think it lasted ten minutes. She just asked if i'd decided what i was going to do (was she allowed to tell people ) and told me to go out and buy some folate and omega 3 tablets.

Anthony's parents were not all that different. Anthony had the guts to spit it out straight away and it came out as "well, mum, ash is pregnant, and she'd keeping the baby...". They had the initial silent shock and then just lots of congratulations. And i think she was in tears because she'd been clucky for grandkids since her youngest was y'know, two. We started off by pretending i wasn't there just in case they had a go at him (his phones is really loud without loudspeaker so i could hear everything), but everything went fine. He was expecting to get his head blown off about throwing away his life and etc etc.

We flipped about our parents, and they were really easy to conquer in the end... Hopefully you have similar luck!
    Last edited by {sarah}; March 7th, 2008 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Merging

Ok im back now..sorry went to a mates house for dinner (& no i didnt tell them anything)

I am going to have to make a drs appointment..i know but im putting that off until it sinks in lol I wouldnt have a clue how far along i am but i missed AF in Jan but on Feb 2nd i had a day of heavy bleeding & then it was really light the next day then gone so that confused me but all the tests came back negative so i didnt think anymore of it!

Then all of a sudden my boobs started to ache & i had cramps but i thought that was coz of AF which hasnt come!! sorry in advance for repeating myself
    We cant get a test til 2moz coz DF doesnt get paid til then

So did anyone sit in person & tell their parents or was it over the phone??

Over the phone... Mum wouldnt have reacted differently either way i dont think and Anthony's parents, well.... we were due to fly up there in eight days time. And i had dreadful m/s and an obviously distended stomach so could NOT have got away with it. Figured meeting them the first time and telling them then was a bad idea...

in person

Ash - hahaha i can only imagine the look on their faces if you met them for the first time & then told them the news! priceless

Which way do you guys think would be better? as i dont live too far away from my family i was thinking they might be offended if i did it over the phone...

I told my mum in person, it went a long the lines of "check out my new tat (the one on my leg) I got it last week, oh by the way Im prenant, gotta pee now bye"

Dad I told in a text message but, I hardly ever see him. He had thje choice of being in our lives or not and he chose not to until recently so his opinion doesnt make a difference

I told mine over the phone just coz they guessed though it went like this. With mum. Me- "Guess what!" mum- "what." me- "Guess!!!" mum- "ur pg, hahaha better not b!" me "YEP!"

2 dad. me "guess what!" dad- "ur pg."

They both said they saw it coming!
    Oh well i was planning on taking them out 2 dinner, though there divorced. They missed out on a free meal.
    Mum had mixed emotions at 1st then came around, dad tried 2 b the surportive one telling me i "had a choice."
    What they didn't understand is i wanted this there were no if's or but's just coz i was young.

yeah its going to be a challenge for them to get their head around it but i know in the end they will be supportive

Im feeling like crap this morning when i woke up..i have these weird stomach pains that iv never felt before! but on a good note my boobs arent as sore
    Anyways i gotta get ready for uni but im buying another test this afternoon/evening after uni so i will let you know how it goes

YAY im excited!!!
    Cant wait 2 know, remember 2 b excited coz it's a great thing!!!

Gee you girls have been busy!! I had to go to Perth(midland actually, but close enough) yesterday and do some things.

Brendan has a cold... the reason for the sleepless nights ect. I started him on demazin last night and he slept "like a baby" lol... all night woke up once and self settled (like he normally does )

How is everyone?? Theres so much to catch up on... I only skim read

Trini... woohoo on the BFP!!
    Kass, ticker looks great
    Nina... I cant belive how close you are... time really has flown by!!

Sorry if i've missed you but hello to everyone else. lol

i am excited!!! my sis is in labour so i will be an aunty anytime now!!!

Woohoo!! COngrats in advance

Ali - what Sally said, congrats in advance!!!!

I am pleased to have found some more hospital pics of Brendan on MIL's comp.... so I have so far uploaded two. One of Brendan at around 6 hours old and the other was taken when we got home from the hospital at 5wks and 6days old.

Sorry i've been MIA yesterday i decided to iron all the clothes i washed the other day because they were creased plus Sophie had a clingy day and she had a bit of wind. So going to try VERY hard to post personals if i miss anyone i'm saying sorry in advance.

Geez so many pages to catch up on. Feels like forever since i been in here.

Trini & Krissy- congrats on the BFP's.

Nina- oh your ever so close!!, i forget how far along you guys who are pregnant are now we dont have quick reply.

Ash- PMSL the stork isnt coming back to take Alex away. I hadnt heard how you told the folks before, lovely story. If you dont want to give up your last name then by all means dont, if i didnt have a brother to carry on the Bonham name i would be more inclined than my sisters to keep my maiden name when we get married but i'm more than happy to take Chris' surname, thats why i thought it was easier to give Sophie Chris' surname from the start.

Liz- Sophie & I are doing well, she was a little unsettled yesterday but ive been told she'll have atleast 1 unsettled day a week. I'm going to try a crawler nappy on her later as the newborns are getting to be a little tight. Glad your wrist is feeling better, hope the job interview went well.

Banx- sorry to hear you've been feeling unwell, hope the appt at the hospital went well for you.

Jess- good to see you back in here, bummer that Ashley has been a bit grumpy, as Kass said anything we can do let us know. were doing well here Sophies 6weeks today.

Trini- When i got my BFP, the only person i was scared about telling was my older sister as she wanted to be first to have kids and when i told her she seemed fine but as it was over the phone (as family live in Sydney) i didnt know if she wanted to rip my head off but mum assured me she didnt, everyone else was happy for us as well. The v-day Chris bought me an engagement ring and i thought here we go again my sister will rip my head off this time and as we havent made it official yet she didnt know until i posted a message on a friends facebook then i got accused of treating her like a mushroom keeping her in the dark & covering her with $hit then i explained why she didnt know and that she wasnt the last to know and she calmed down a bit. My parents (well mum atleast) knew that i wasnt going to wait, Chris & I have been together 5 yrs this September and i've finished my apprenticeship now and we were always going to start TTC after that just didnt expect it to happen so quickly.
    We told everyone the day we found out i was 5weeks &6 days, we were too excited. We were at the laundromat doing our washing (didnt have a machine at the time) and were sitting in the car waiting for the dryer to finish and rang every tom, d!ck & harry, i always thought i'd wait until the 3month mark but i cant keep secrets it would have slipped out eventually. We phoned everyone as the majority live interstate.

Sally- oh poor Mr B, hope he gets better soon. How was Midland?.

Ali- oh how exciting!!!. How are you & the girls?.

Sorry if i missed anyone i had 4pages to catch up on, going to get something to eat it only took me an hour to post this haha teach me to get in here a few times a day hey. Sorry for the novel ladies.

Midland was great!! Did some shopping and got some photos printed!!

we are all good! Danni is still labouring @ home. will let you all know when they go into hospy! i will be visiting tomorrow or late tonight.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast