Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat - March 2008

i'll go check

Kass, Here are the details

Last edited by {sarah}; March 7th, 2008 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Merging

cool thanx might have 2 join when DP gets paid

I think i'm happy being a regular member... I dont think i'll have much access when I get to move house.

y not?

My sis in hospital, things r going fairly slow. will let u know when more happens!

I posted that i think she's having a GIRL!

i think she is too but i want it to be a boy

Quote Originally Posted by kass_20 View Post
    y not?
    cos I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford the net.... we are trying to get a cheap house... but a lot of the cheaper houses are in really crappy areas!

Ali... oh how exciting!!

Hi ladies! Your a very talkative lot!

Skittle (Sal) - Thanks! I thought my wrist was feeling better today, took the bandage off and it was totally agony! I need luck with that interview, I've had another one since!

Kass - Annabelle is absoultely adorable in the photo in your ticker! I wish my DF was as eager to TTC as Clint it! (Funnily enough, my DFs brothers name is clint too :P)

Trini - Believe me, those thoughts and emotions are normal! Congrats on the BFP! When is your wedding planned for?

Krissy - I'm glad my family is understanding that I wanna change my last name when I get married... Mostly because I'm sick of having to spell it for people!

Ash - My ILs sound the complete opposite to yours. They're always supportive in everything we do - if they don't like something, they'll say it, but I'm always happy to change, or to see what I'm actually doing wrong. How are you and lil Alexander anyways? Is Anthony being a doting dad? I was the same when I told my mum, though my mum and i hadn't been talking for over 4 years, so it was a nice welcome surprise. My dad on the other hand, was like 'oh.... well that's pretty cool then.. No more alcohol for you then' My dad's reaction was priceless! Little did I know that I had already lost the bub though.

trini (again) - I sat down at a bowling league that i bowl in with my dad and I said I had something to tell him... The first thing he ALWAYS says when I say that is 'What? You're pregnant?' and when he said that, I said 'Yeah' in a little squeaky voice... then, like I said to Ash, he was like 'Oh..... Well that's cool!' He said to me after I lost it 'Did you really think I'd be angry?' I said yeah because he always told me to be careful, but he said 'You're over 18.. Hell, your an adult now, your over 21. You know what your doing, your making your own decisions and your doing well for yourself.'
    As for my mum I told her over the net because she moved over to Melbourne 2 years ago. My DFs parents were so lovely about it, and the day I lost it I had a cry on my DFs mums shoulder because I knew something wasn't right when I passed a big clot (sorry for the TMI ladies)

Brendansmum (Sally) - Glad you had a good day in Midland - Did you go anywhere near Midland Gate? How much has that place changed since I moved away from Midland (I moved around November 2006)

Ali - Oooh I bet your excited about your sis's lil bub! Sending her lots of pain-free labour contractions (there's no such thing, I know, but there's no harm in hoping ) Is this your sisters first bub?? I'm hoping that if she's got a girl that this one is a boy and visa versa :P

Bonham - Glad to hear your both doing well.. Is it common for newborns to have at least one or two unsettled nights a week?

wow! I can't believe I just got through 3/4 pages! It's almost time for DF to get home from work and me to cook dinner!!

her 1st bub. our cousin had a pain free labour

Sally- lovely photos!!.

Ali- i was thinking about getting a platinum membership but didnt know what the difference is from just being a BellyBelly Member. Hope your sister is going well and she doesnt have long to wait to meet her little bundle. Is your sister on BB as well? i think i remember something being mentioned somewhere.

Liz- call me Jo please. I've been told its common to have unsettled days, so far Sophie hasnt had too many unsettled days. Were very talkative haha.

My dad was more shocked when i told him i wanted to do a mechanic apprenticeship than he was when i told him i was pregnant with Sophie .

I asked dad if Chris asked his permission to marry me and dad said i was over the age of 21, and didnt need his permission as im big enough and ugly enough to do what i want with my life.

Ali - I bet your sister is going to enjoy being a mum!

Jo - No problems :P I'm so used to calling people on here by their screen names and I feel bad if I say their names, thinking I might be being rude. I guess Sophie not having too many unsettled days is a good thing then. I still kinda think about how life would be if I didn't lose my lil angel, but there's plenty of time for more angels in the years down the track.
    It's cute, because my DF actually asked my dad for permission. He said he felt like it was the right thing to do. When I found out I was expecting, my dad was shocked, but I remember the first thing that came out of his mouth was 'Do you honestly think I was mad?'
    He was looking forward to being a grandad I think :P Years ago when I was with my ex, my dad said to me 'No getting pregnant until I'm 50' and as soon as he turned 50, my ex and started trying (I'm pretty sure he's very much infertile, which makes me crack up laughing)

Annnnnd now I'm dribbling on, so I should shut up :P

Liz, yeah we went to Midland gate Have you seen it since the cinema went in?? they changed it so much now. theres Target, Kmart, Big W, Woolies and Coles! And also a whole bunch of specialty shops too!! It's even got a Boost juice..mmm mmm!

Jo, thanks

Hi ladies - sorry, no personals again, it's been a busy day and I had my first hospital appointment this afternoon and that ended up being a bit of an ordeal (nothing serious, baby's fine, but apparently I'm very high risk for PND so they are organising a referral to the mental health ward!).

I'll post a bit more on the weekend, hope you all had a good day

Emma, did they get you to fill out a questionaire?? I was at a high risk of PND too and every appt I went to there was a social worker there... lol. Even with Brendans complications ect I still didn't get PND, instead I had Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I'm sure you will be fine. They told me when I did it that it was just a study that they are doing to try and find who is at a higher risk or not before it occurs, iykwim??

Sally (Brendansmum) - Yeah, I remember when Ace Cinemas were located on Morrison Rd, before Midland Gate! I remember the tiny Target they had, and the small K-Mart, they've got to be bigger now! The last time I was at Midland Gate, they had only just opened the new bigger Coles down the new end with the travelators

Wow you girls have been very busy typing away as I had like 3 pages to read hehe

Well we went out & bought another test (first response) & i did it like 20 mins ago & within 2 mins there was 2 lines there...to me that is pretty clear that its a BFP

My DF wants me to book an appointment next week to go to the drs to get a blood test & hopefully a referal to get a dating scan as we arent sure when to count from

Our wedding date is set for Oct 10th 2009 so bubs will be there but im getting used to the idea & am kinda excited bout it...scared but i hear from you guys that it is natural it will be the hardest breaking it to my old sister as we always agreed that she would have the baby first but she will be happy eventually!!

Liz- Thats ok no worries, just letting you know that its ok to call me Jo. I'm blessed with a good bubs. Yeah i often wonder what i'd be doing now if i didnt have Sophie and i just cant imagine it. As you say theres plenty of time for more bubbas for you & DF. My dads mellowed even more so since he turned 50 his looking forward to having a little mate to watch the sports with.

Sally- no problem you've got a gorgeous little man i dont mind telling you haha.

Sal- to you love, dont stress yourself too much. Silly questionaires grrr, they made me fill one of them out. At my appts at the hospital they also gave me funny looks because i look younger than i am plus i had no ring (at the time) and Chris had to work so he couldnt go with me to my appts early on, they seemed to assume i was a young teenage mother who was only interested in the baby bonus haha how wrong they were when she read my DOB haha.

Trini- woohoo get yourself off to the dr and get that dating scan booked, oh i'm so excited for you. Feeling scared after testing is normal i was a bit scared at what Chris would say because the day i found out Chris went to work and i said i'd go to the dr later on so he rung asking what the dr said and i said i'll tell you when you get home but he kept ringing and ringing until i FINALLY told him just to stop him calling he went quiet and said we'd talk when he got home. But as soon as he got home he had a smile on his face and he is still smiling now.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast