Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ December 2007 #2

Its always the silly in laws isnt it!

Always.... This family thinks the world evolves around them. They are the always "worse off" than everyone else and they are "the best" at everything their children are "angels" They always counter a sad story with one of their own, they always take the limelight of off someone who deserves it to put it on themselves. Thats just what they are like. unfortunately Nigel and his brother aren't like that and they are the ones i want to hang out with. But when you want a relationship you have to take the parents as well....
    I'm just feeling so down at the moment. I'm used to being invited places and hanging out, now it's like no--one wants to hang out with me any more It became 2008 and I suddenly got BORING. I'm so sick of staying home alone, I can go out, but whats the point go out alone or stay home alone.
    Meh...

blood pressure which was high so she brought in another midwife to get another opinion.... and then another.. and then another.. and then a doctor... before i knew it they had me laying on my back (which isn't a very nice position to labour in) with a monitor on my tummy, they then broke my waters (afterwhich the labour pains increased 10 fold) so they could stick a monitor on baby's head.
    Jade i can so relate to this once they decided that they would break my water i had no choice but to lay on my back...machines on bubs then my BP went sky high so they put a drip on me "just incase" they didnt tell me incase of what.... i was so scared as the "trainee midwife was alone with me most of the time and was freaking out bout my BP and worrying bout me having a siezure.... In the end i must have scared bubs enough into coming out as i got the urge to push "just in time" they said and with in 20 mins after that bubs was born....

Hoping this time that i get a change from laying down on my back...

Sally- have you thought bout maybe a mothers group in your area... it sucks to be alone all the time... I know i'm alone with Jordan most days... Now we go places together just on the off chance you mite meet someone... We did bub swimming classes... babies really enjoy that from an early age... now jordan is older we go to the library, soft play etc... just things to get out of the house
    Last edited by Je$$_84; January 4th, 2008 at 01:34 PM.

There is a young mothers group in town I go to, It's held every thurs, but because of the public holidays there aren't starting up again until next week. They are a nice bunch... but they are quite immature and it makes it very hard for me to relate to them iykwim?

I will get over it... it doesn't help that I'm almost through my first month on the pill, either. I'm going to my friends 20th Bday today that should be fun, we are going bowling and then out for tea. I'm annoyed at the dinner arrangements though, I asked for it to be earlier because of brendan but they still booked for 8pm. And the resturaunt is an hrs drive. Oh well, at least gets me outta here for a few hours. brendan is usually well behaved.

Quote Originally Posted by alisando01 View Post
    Hi Sal. What state do u live in?
    In Melb. Everyone else?
    Last edited by Daydream Believer; January 4th, 2008 at 02:20 PM.

Jess - I hope you do too! *fingers crossed*

Sally - You're doing so well considering you're on your own atm. I go crazy when DH works too much when i'm by myself, i couldn't imagine being a single parent it must be difficult. I think any single parent is a hero!

Sal, Jade and I r in way 2 hot Adelaide. we will b starting a younger mums playgroup with another BB mum in a couple of weeks. all exciting! hope it works better than the ones that the government run coz they r usually really immature.

Jade hope u r inside hun! did u send off the ambo cover stuff? could even ring up to do it and pay by CC (we use visa debit)

becky Guest

I agree that short labours ARE more painful! I have had both! DS I was in labour for 24 hours (vaccuum extraction) and DD I was in labour for 4. My daughter was defiately more intense, and was almost like 1 big non stop contraction. Just think, my body did in 4 hours what last time it took 24 hours to do. That shows its more intense.

Dont listen to other people guys! They have no idea!

Sally - You're doing so well considering you're on your own atm. I go crazy when DH works too much when i'm by myself, i couldn't imagine being a single parent it must be difficult. I think any single parent is a hero!
    I guess i need to catch up more in here... Sally- didnt know that you were a single mum....must be hard work but you seem to be doing an awesome job..... Keep your chin up...

becky- i agree... everyone goes through different labour and no 2 are the same... dont listen to anyone... you all know what you've been through and should be proud of what you've done... Comming from a mum who's been in the labour ward... its a pain you cant describe and also now my son is 3 and i'm preg again... have no idea what i'm in for and although i know it was hard, painfull and both the worst and best moment in my life i still cant really remember that pain.... I think thats why people make it sound worse to others its that they dont really remember 100% that pain... as soon as my bubs was out i was overcome with emotions of having a beautiful son that all the pain seem to disapear...

SOmetime i think OMG i'm doing it again...

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Hey Sally, next time you come to perth lemme know, id be happy to go shopping with you or go for a cuppa I was actually awake half the night thinking about suggesting that to you

I went shopping today girlies!!! And i bought 2 things from cotton on kids, i had so much trouble at pumpkin patch etc and went into cotton on kids and found 2 things i liked, and i know DP will like them too. One is a little t-shirt that says "Daddy's little princess" and a all in one thingy with "My Dad Rocks", it was 2 for 20 dollars
    Theres so much i like at pumpkin patch and big w and kmart and target and myer too, but i want DP's view on it all coz i dunno if he likes all the frilly stuff and stuff...but i know he will love what i got today

mummycate Guest

Yes, Sally and I are single mums in here.

I'm in Brisbane. Anyone else?

ETA: yeah I didn't and still don't go for frilly stuff, except for spesh. She only gets it grubby so why bother. I go for plain, simple and/or bright, and at a good price, so she usually has Kmart or BigW clothes, some Target and I don't think I have bought anything in CoK or PP, as its just not worth the price IMO. I don't have a lot of cash to splash out on baby clothes she'll grubby up and grow out of.
    Last edited by mummycate; January 4th, 2008 at 04:28 PM.

Cate- I'm at Tanah Merah which is in the Logan area south of Brissy

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Cate, yea some frilly stuff are OTT...but yea i more meant 'girly' stuff rather than frilly. I wouldnt have that much high maintenance clothes, too much to wash and iron etc...and if DP wants it hes gotta wash and iron it himself then :P I dont really have much to splash out on either, we just have a voucher for PP, and cotton on kids arent that badly priced, id say around the price range of big w/target. Most are simple too, nothing fancy.

Does anyone know any good (fairly reasonably priced) places to get size 6-8 maternity clothes?
    I dont fit into my normal clothes anymore and am down to stretchy stuff.

a friend of my sisters has a ebay store that sells maternity & beyond clothing, if your interested i can PM you the link??

I got singlets from Supre and layered. they r so stretchy that i was wearing them till both girls were born. very long too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonham08 View Post
    a friend of my sisters has a ebay store that sells maternity & beyond clothing, if your interested i can PM you the link??
    That would be great. Thanks!

I'm from Melb as well.

Sally i agree with everything the other girls have said.
    I was in labor for 17hrs & 10mins, That's from my waters breaking. Contractions started about 20 mins later.
    I wanted a drug free labor & every time i told someone what i wanted they laughed & said i could never do it. In the end i proved them all wrong & i didn't even tear, i was so proud of myself

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast