Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ January 2008

/agree with Kass
    I often have trouble talking about anything else when i chat to friends or family members because they are practically all that goes on for us on a day to day basis. Don't really go to the movies so cant talk about that, dont go out clubbing nothing to talk about there... and because we all have kids we have an interest in the subject and love hearing about other mum's kids too

We have a very hard decision to make. DH has been offered a full time position at work. We'd be about $330 better off a fortnight and he'd be working quite a bit more hours. BUT when the available full time positions are filled they're gonna drop the casual employees hours to about 20 hours a fortnight. I liked having him around more often working casual because i tend to go nuts after only a week of him doing full time hours and we're about to have another baby.. Dylan will be starting kindy soon though and that will be a huge help to me. And he'll get holiday pay on full time.
    It goes like this:
    20 hours a fortnight with approx $1500 (with new amount of FTB from new baby)
    or
    76 hours a fortnight with approx $1850 (after Tax and with new baby)

After expenses thats a difference between $300 into our savings and $600 into our savings (of which we have many plans for)
    So financially its prolly better for him to take it but thats so many hours on my own with all these kids...
    Dunno what to do

on the other hand if he's still casual he'll likely be working on sundays which is double pay so we should get more for that... gah... just dunno what to do...

there is also increased job security if he does take it. Jade have you thought about putting Shane in childcare one day a week? might give you a bit of time to yourself.

Sally- I was thinking about Ashnant last night and wondering how she was going, thanks for letting us know. I'm coping pretty well thanks, has been raining in "sunny" QLD for the past week only the last two days have been sunny. But the humidity is still shocking. You were in no way being selfish, your just a proud mum who wants the world to know how well her little man is doing.

Kass- Call me Jo or Joanne , yeah d-day is fast approaching and i've still got things to sort out. Very exciting its our 1st child, 1st grandchild on my side and 11th on DP's side.

jadethebabymaker: it is a tricky thing but try just 2 look at the long run, and try and sit down with hubby and make a pros and cons list on both posi's. The full time is prob best 4 the long run. So later on in life he wont have 2 work as hard and have more time with u and the kids coz of ur saving, holiday pay etc so really casual work isn't prob the greatest 4 a growing fam and full time is a lot more secure. remember Dylan is starting kindy so theres even more expenses!
    what do u other girls think?

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Heya!!
    DId u miss me all?? :P My net wasnt working, so had to go a whole day and a half without bellybelly!! Its a tradgedy coz i seriously had huge withdrawls!! LOL.
    So i had my MW appt today, and it went soooo well, apart from waiting for so long while every one that came AFTER me went in BEFORE me. I was scared theyd forgotten about me
    And also, im worried, ive LOST weight!! Shouldnt i be putting weight on?? At my last MW appt (28/11) i weighed 59.8 and now i weigh 59.6 (7/1)!! MW wasnt too worried, so maybe its not so bad, but still, seems weird.
    Apart from all that bubby is good
    I have to have my glucose test in about 2 weeks time, fun fun. LOL.

Umm umm, i dunno what else to write about, apart from that im glad my internets working again!!!
    Time for me to go catch up on all the goss

Meg, WB! :P

Jade, whilst the full-time job is better as far as job security goes ,ect. Your health and wellbeing is so much more important. If you are doing well without the extra hours, then you don't necessarily need the other hours "just cos it's there". iykwim? And the difference is 350 a fortnight for 56 hrs... thats not that great, when you think about it. Either way you will both have to make the decision and you will do what is best for you

Jo, I will text Ash and find out more

Take Care

Jade- Although the full-time job would be better more money, job security, i agree with Sally your health & wellbeing are so much more important. I also agree with Kass do up a list of pros & cons for both jobs and go from there.

Sally- Cool, hope Ash is doing well

I like to hear all these stories about everyone elses kiddies and pregnacies. Mostly because we don't know many people who have had kids and it's good to hear opinions from people who have been through it recently.

Sally- You will pull through, You are a strong chicky with a gorgeous son. As along as your are both healthy, and as long as he puts on the smallest amount of weight, thats all that matters. My mum had me prem and according to her, I put on very little weight for the first 12 months, and I turned out fine.
    You will both be fine.:hugs:

As for how Im going, Im all good till I eat something, then I feel sick. My clothes don't fit at all so Im holding up my jeans (that the zip wont even do up on, let alone the buttons) with a belly belt!

Sal- Have a look at k-mart, target & big w for stretchy shirts, i bought a pair a 3/4 pants they were only $20 and they have elastic at the back and fit over my belly quite comfortably. Just a few more ideas if someone else hasnt already suggested these.

also i dont know if u girlies have Miss Shop in Myer but they have pants there that non pg woman where that i lived in while i was pg with Bella theres white, black and maybe some other colors, there just loose fitted pants with a stretch top and can b dressed up or down. Im not sure about anyone else but a really silly thing i did when i was pg was spend lots of money on nice clothes so other ppl wouldn't go "theres another young mum." now i relise how silly that was but i was always tring 2 prove myself 2 complete strangers......... not anymore just want my baby, man and myself 2 b proud of me. :-)

Butterfly_Princess Guest

i havent even needed to move up in size in any clothes!! Some of my tops that arent so stretchy are a bit tight on me, but meh who cares lol good excuse to buy more after bub
    OOH and a tip my mums cleaner told me!! She told me to wear DP's undies (or male undies), that way my good undies wont stretch!! I thought ha ha that is so weird, and told DP, and he actually got me to try a pair of his on, and hey they are actually comfy so maybe when i start getting bigger ill borrow his boxer briefs haha!

Butterfly_Princess Guest

WOW its so quiet in here!! lol

RAWWWR!
    Hello, i miss you all terribly!!!!!! Thank you for thinking of me! I spnd everyday wondering how the heck i ever filled in so much time on BB when now without it i have absolutely sweet nothing to do. I can't realy pack anything because it's too much bending or on my feet and i think ive absolutely exhausted my DVD collection!
    Oh my gosh it just took me about an hour to catch up on everything i missed and now i dont realy now what to say because i can't remember any of it!
    Am getting excited/empowered about labour - instead of just plain dreading it. Have just found out i might be able to have a waterbirth as the GH offer a bath 'depending on availablity' will be absolutely thrilled if i can! Still hoping to go drug free. Absolutely refuse to have pethidine and will only have an epidural if say bubby needs to be turned or assisted birth, but realy dont want to miss out on the pain experience either - terrified but really want to go through it, iykwim. Am positive i will probably tear, even using tampons hurts sometimes so i guess im kinda prepared for it (sorry for TMI). Have 34wk appt on Thu (little bit early), having a childbirth class as well, because we couldn't arrage to get to the actual classes they scheduled.
    Have to ask midwife about referral to a paed, as bubs has 50% chance of having Sleep Apnoea and will need to be tested asap after birth (apparently). Also want to ask about circumcision, we have already decided we want to get it done (DF is, and both my brothers were so all personal sources are a-go-go iykwim). But don't know how to bring it up with MW, or whether i need to have it booked or quite what??!?!?!!?
    Girls are doing realy well. Charli ended up intubated for two days, and caught an infection, but antibio's cleared it up and after being intubated her breathing improved enormously. Now both have been transferred out of melbourne and to geelong. Mum is thrilled to be back home she says she'd forgotten what home looked like. Stevi and Charli should be out by end of jan with any luck. I got a cuddle yesterday, it was awesome, but they are so so tiny and precious. DF was a little scared to touch because he thinks they're too fragile, but he's getting more and more excited the more time he gets to spend around little ones.
    Jellybean has stopped kicking as much. but moves quite frequently, and it's often painful. Think he starting to engage as well, walking becoming difficult!
    Still havent started to pack my bag, think i probably should. Don't really know what i need to pack and dont have bb for resourcefulness sts.
    Anyhow, my friends going home, so she'll be stealing her internets back. But ive dropped in quickly. Much love hugs and healthy pregnancy wishes to you all.
    Also i have MSN by mobile so you can add me [email protected] if you want to chat or PM Sally for my mobile # - she has my permission to pas it on if you want it!
    Catchya again soon,

Ashlea.

Ash, so good to hear from you! I'm excited to hear about your water birth, and I'm glad the girls are doing well!!

Sleep Apnoea is scary... I really hope he will be ok. As far as circumsition goes, can't help you, decided against it. But the MW is prob the best to bring it up with.

Meg, I started to wear maternity clothes out and about, but still fitted my tops. bottoms i went up a size, hips spread. but i didn't really get that big. lol, bonus of a prem As far as the undie thing goes, I bought a cheap pack of undies from target, they sell the multi packs, because you ARE going to need what I called "throw away" undies. I used them whilst in hopsy and for the first few weeks after Brendan was born, once the bleeding stopped I threw them out! LOL.

Hope everyone else is good... i'm tired. nighty night

Ash- Lovely to hear from you!, glad your sisters are doing so well.

Sally can you ask Ash: how she knows herr bubs has a risk of having a sleep apnoea? is it because her DF snores or does ir run in either of their families? Thanks, i'd be interested to know as DP snores like no other haha.

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Bah im so tired!!
    I bought a big block of chocolate waiting to sink my teeth into it haha!!
    Hope your all good bbl to talk more...needa wake up more..

Just an update on me:
    I went to my dr appt at the hospital this morning & had my swab done for strep b plus more blood was taken. dr said that bub is "nicely head down" no idea what she meant by it why cant dr's speak english haha, bubs heartbeat is good and so is my b/p. My next appt is next friday with my normal dr and have to go weekly from now on, and have an appt at the hospital for 31.01.08 if i havent had bubs by then my EDD is 30.01.08.

Not much else to report apart from QLD is stupid haha.

Meg- thanks now i want chocolate haha, i've got twix's & mars bars in the cupboard. I havent been buying blocks of chocolate as i always wanna eat it in one go, atleast with the "fun size" chocolates i can limit myself haha.

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Hehehe, sorry bonham!! Ive been good only managed to eat 2 rows and given up!! Ive gone off chocolate more than what id thought. Oh well DP can eat it!! If he is nice
    Im more awake now haha, going for lunch with DP...i was excited about it but im not any more really.
    I think im going thru a really emotional stage, yesterday i felt absoutely yuk and like i could burst into tears any moment, and i was feeling pretty okay this morning, but now i feel like i could burst into tears any moment again. Hope DP makes me feel a bit better. Could do with a big hug and some attention

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast