Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: IVF with PGD #4

RE: CGH - My Ob is also an FS with SIVF. He has that same article about it being available by SIVF posted in his surgery, so I take that as "official". I have noticed they are a little slow at updating their website...

Hi all

I didn't go to work today (I was getting increasingly anxious at the thought of going back - I guess I'm not quite ready to face the world yet...D & C was only last week).

CGH at Sydney IVF sounds very promising! I wonder how long it will take for this testing to be available in other states? Hollywood Fertility Clinic in WA has been bought out by Sydney IVF, so perhaps the technology will also be available here. I understand that Hollywood is a very big clinic though, where patient care is not as personalised as at my current clinic so I'm not too keen on switching...

Where There's Hope - I forgot to say in my last post: thank you for having faith in my remaining embryos .

Bebedream-it's the test we are waiting on from the US we diddn't send our DNA that was all done here but it is still time consuming ordering it and waiting week's and if it doesn't work ordering more.

to the other ladie's.

AFM- was wondering is anyone on vitex is it ok when doing IVF?

Hi ferrals i believe vitex is not recommended wile on IVF meds as it can cause all sorts of problems. My NP does not recommend it for me at all due to the PCOS.

can i ask the test you are having done in the US is that the CGH? If yes how do you get that done overseas? do they not test the embies?

Thanks

Loula-we are waiting on a test for SLO gene as the one's the IVF clinic has in their so called gene library are not exactly the same as our's it is to finish off developing our probe which is almost done just this one last bit the scientist described it like a test kit that check's all the work they have done and if it matches up we get the green light to start,well i best not take vitex anymore i have been taking it since we were trying for abbi i have herd so many good report's about it.

Unhappy Results Received :(

Afternoon all,

First and foremost, a big Hello and Welcome to the thread. Like all the others on here, I too can't believe all the newbies. Sorry no personals at the moment as I seriously need to vent however I do hope everyone is going well with their progress in their cycles and definately a big good luck for all those undergoing EPU and and even bigger Good luck to all you ladies in the 2WW.

Ladies, Im devestated. Already had a mini cry . I had my second US this morning along with my fourth BT. Today, they must really be on the ball because I got my call from the PGD Nurse with my results at a bright and early 11.25am. Took me by surprise thats for sure when my mobile started to ring!!!

So here goes, Uterus lining I have been told is 10mm and as far as thickness and grading the Nurse said its perfect. My body is showing good hormone levels and responding well. This is where I start to get upset. Dont know if I'm overreacting or not but I'll let you guys be the judge of that. Anyway, my eggs are responding however are responding slowly . I have a Follicle on the Right at 14mm and then approx 4 or 5 I cant remember now how many she said rangeing between 10mm and 13mm on the left. So because of my slow follicles, I need to up my Puregon dose from 225 to 275. I initially started on 175 and now am up at 275IUs. Next step is to start that level at this evenings injection and again tomorrow night and in again bright and early thursday morning for another set of BTs and US'.

Have told DH and his trying his best to reassure me but it doesnt work too well. I have a mental record of things we have been through, and all has gone pear shapped. Am just worried that the same will happen here too. Am trying to stay positive and think positive, even talking to my little friends down there (I know Im loopy) so we will see hey. Like I said to DH before, were going through IVF purely and simply for the PGD side of ivf (DH has a genetic condition, Tuberous Sclerosis) and all preliminary tests told us we were great in the fertility sector however, the results Im getting aren't mimicking the great fertility preliminary results.

Fingers crossed hey!!!!

Motherhood - IMO I think you are going along fine, our first ivf cycle is just that, the first cycle, it is trial of meds to see how our bodies respond, for an example, the satelite clinic I am at atm, has EPU , every day this week, as every woman responds differntly to the meds, ad our nurse said, please donot worry about changes to meds and timetables, our bodies will do what the want.

Best of luck hun, your epu will be hear before you know it

Loula - helo my friend, you know that they are doing cgh IN sivf now ??

ferrals - my fs said "no" to vitex too

hi to everyone

Smile

Hi ladies, im new and just wanted to say Hi and Good luck to you all.
    I will be having my 2nd cycle of PGD IVF in Nov and thought i might start keeping my eye on this thread.
    Jaki xx

Unhappy Update!!!

Evening Ladies,

Well a quick update for you all. AM not feeling the best this evening.

So DH and I went in nice and early this morning for my US and BT (Had to try twice this morning as they couldnt get the first one ) with FX that we would find my little follies had done what we wanted them to do and that is grown.

Cut a long story short. Got the call from the PGD Nurse this afternoon. Because of the fore warning on Thurs about the possibility of cancelling, found it kind of tough over the past couple of days not to mention even tougher to try and keep my mind busy today. Anyway, she let me know that the US results were no real different than that on Thursday. 1 Follicle at 18mm and two at 16mm and a hole heap others well below that. The good thing I thought though was that at the US this morning, Uterus lining was 13mm!!!! So I was provided 2 options. 1, continue with my injections and go for another BT and US on Monday in the hopes that the others had had a growth spurt or 2, I trigger today and we cancel the cycle because of poor performance. Had a chat with DH and then called back with an answer. After much discussion, we decided to cancel our very first cycle (. My theory was that were there for IVF, ICSI, PGD so that means there were alot of odds that those 3 had to make it through, FOr starters, they had to be viable, then fertilise (ICSI) and then after that make it to day 5 blastie and then make it through PGD with flying colours. Deep down, I didnt really think that the follies would respond well by Monday and then we would be crossing the same path as now and making a decision then. I mean, with the big up in my dossage I was given on Thursday to today didnt really seem to make a difference to the little follies. From what I could see, maybe only one kind of responded. So called the Nurse and advised her of our decision, as heart breaking as it was.

Instructions - Trigger at any time today (I did it at 6.30pm, had no prob snapping the vials etc but man oh man did it hurt as I injected, not to mention its quite a thick solution to inject) Store all left over meds in the fridge ready for our next cycle which were going to start ASAP. Nurse will send out another pack for myself which includes the next script for Lucrin and cycle diary etc. Need to wait for AF again!!!!! Once AF arrives, call the clinic, start the OCP and off on our way again for try number 2. FX hey we have success. FS has said that at next cycle, I will be started on a higher dose of FSH to begin with.

So have decided that starting next week, am going to start Accupuncture treatments and will continue these all through the cycle. Am also going on a bigger health kick. Walking everyday etc, etc. Anyone have any experience with Accupuncture. Am hoping it helps to keep myself calm Am definately going to be positive all the time now. At least I know what to expect. Glass is half full attitude hey!!!

Thats it for me. Will definately continue to lurk around and keep up with your ladies progress but hopefully before too long, will be back in here.

Sorry for the long post, just helps to get it all out especially where I have others who know and understand what it is were going through.

FX for all in 2ww and good luck for EPU to everyone else there.

MHHIC so sorry to read your news. i sorry i dont know your reasons for needing PGD. thinking of you tonight. first cycles are always so experimental. i hope you can find reasurance in that, and that next time will will think of a plan. i havent heard of people being able to do back to back stims and have always thought you needed to wait two cycles
    GL

Default Dear motherhood

Sorry about your cancelled cycle...
    As for the Acupuncture, my friend had it and swears by it, she was lucky enough to get her BFP first cycle and transfer, i am Defo doing it myself this time round as my last cycle i had bad quality eggs.
    So i say if its one more box you can check for your own piece of mind then go for it!
    Jaki xx

Hey everyone

Hope you are all doing ok on your journeys.. mine had a bump in the road today as I got my period Had a pretty sad day but I know there are many who have been here so many times so feel for everyone and their paths.

Ferrals - any more news on your test or just playing waiting game now? We cracked champagne when we finally got ours (anyone would think we were preg ) Thinking of you

Jaki - Hi there and welcome to you. Where are you on your PGD road?

Hope everyone else is travelling well and remembering that the journey is an important part of your road trip

xo

Hi Onja
    I had my first cycle of PGD in dec/jan. and had a pretty rough time, ended up very sick and with nothing to transfer. So we got sad, then got mad and decided to spend all our IVF money on a wedding, lol. Then we decided it was time to try again and have been saving up like mad.
    So in Nov off we go again! I am doing a 'short cycle' this time to hopefully get better quality eggs. We live in central QLD and go to Sydney for our IVF so it is quite a mission!
    My PGD test was generated in 12 weeks, i can't believe yours took 2 yrs!!!!!!!! It must have felt like forever!
    xx

Onja, OMG i forgot to say so sorry you got your period, big hugs!
    Do you have a frostie for a frozen cycle or are you back to square 1?
    xx

Hi ladie's

Motherhood-so sorry to hear you had to cancel your cycle you must be heartbroken i think you made the right decision as PGD IVF is a number's game you need a fair number of egg's to start with as we all know having uneffected embie's at the end is what the goal is it sux's to think we have to go through this process and it still can go the wrong way.

Jaki80-Hi and welcome i also am looking into acupuncture before i start i will give anything a go.

Onja-I'm devo for you i was hoping it would work first go and then i would be optimistic it could work fisrt go for me and no we are still waiting i am getting real impatient now they give you a phone call and tell you almost there get our hope's up and then nothing still waiting anyway i was reading your post's in the other thread and was keeping an eye on you i hope when you start your next cycle i will be doing mine and we can be cycle buddie's.

To all my other PGD ladie's hope all is well with everyone.

Red face Afternoon!!

Hi all,

Just want to start by saying a massive big thankyou to everyone of your for your kind words of comfort. Since the idea was put on the table last thursday till even last night laying in bed, has definately been a rough few days.

Have come home early from work today, not because of being upset but because Im ovulating at the moment after having the trigger Sat night @ 6.30pm and boy am I so uncomfortable and in a bit of pain. Thought it best to come home and rest up on the couch this arvo and tackle tomorrow, tomorrow. Pains not too bad just so uncomfortable especially when you move in certain directions!!!

Moving forward Plan of Action!!! Took my trigger on Sat evening and so now need to wait for AF to arrive!!! In the mean time the PGD Nurse at the clinic told me that she will get together another pack for myself which will have a new script for Lucrin, new script for OCP and my new cycle diary. In the mean time though, she did remind myself that when AF does arrive, be sure to give them a call so we can put the dates into the cycle diary. Then we need to go through the whole cycle again. This time however FS has told me that we will without a doubt be starting on a higher level of FSH this time.

Ferrals4 - As heartbreaking as it was to make the decision Its hard to turn the emotions off and oh so dissapointing for this to happen first go. FX that the FS learnt from this failed first cycle. I know exactly what you mean with regards to the numbers game and that very reason is why I made the decision that I made. Not knowing too much technically, I didnt think and it was easy I think to see that with the follicles we had this first cycle the odds were well and truly stacked against us. In a weird way I suppose, looking back its a little less hearache than what might of been had we continued.

I suppose also looking at it Im greatful that DH and I have the financial capability at this point in time to do another cycle straight away.

Im determined to be extremely positive this second time. No more looking back only looking forward, no more glass is half empty attitidue, glass is half full!!! Even called an Accupuncturist this morning whose details I got from an old thread on here and have my first appointment with him on Wednesday.

Best get back to resting.

Thanks for listening/reading my rants ladies. Its very much appreciated.

Hey fellow PGDeans

Well its an official BFN I guess there was a lot of hope (and two years of waiting) going into that transfer so... I'm pretty sad this week.

Jaki loved reading that you blew your money on a big wedding - that's awesome Hope the savings are coming along ok.. whenever you are saving for something doesn't everything else come up as well!! I hope we all get pregnant before the end of the year! Thanks for your words

Ferrals hope the wait is going fast - any dates as yet? Thinking of you too

AFM I guess like I was saying to 'Motherhood here I come' I also kinda had this wild hope that as we did not have any infertility issues that it would just happen on the first go I know wishfull thinking.. I have been having a big ponder on it and fertility isssues or no, it's still a 'foreign' thing for your body to do and I guess no one can tell how any of our bodies are going to respond to any of it.

This is the latest info i have from the scientist.

Hi Sandra

The final marker for the deletion mutation arrived today. I have just finished amplifying it to see how it works and am running it on the analyser tonight. We already have identified the fingerprint markers and I am trying the first combination now- they are amplifying while I write this email. This is the stage where we keep trying different combinations to find the most stable mix for the final test. I cannot say how many attempts this will take but I hope this part will be ready in two weeks or so- then it needs a second check but this is usually only a few days. I will keep you up to date as things progress.

I hope all is well

Best regards

Don

So more waiting god i hope they make it before my AF in oct it is due on the 10th so that's eprox 4 week's away.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast