Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/or Metformin ~ December 06 #2

5 days! My DH only has to abstain for 3... and that was the only reason I could get him to BD last night! The first semenologist that we saw said anything longer than 4 days starts to reduce semen quality as the sperm are sitting about waiting for too long. We really need to BD more often!

It's very quiet here this weekend... hopefully everyone's having a good one... I just feel like an eating machine!

BW

Well the blood test did not go as well as I had planned. Dr called about lunch time to say that it doesn't appear that the injections have done much so far this month :frown: I am a bit annoyed as I had the same amount of injections last month and it worked so what the heck is going on with my body. I now have to drive back into the city again tomorrow to QLD fertility group and pick up more needles and another cartridge for my pen and do some more injections this time at a slightly higher dose. I then have to go back in again on Wed for a scan. Argh this is really starting to get to me. I definitely need a break after this month because this is taking a toll on me mentally and emotionally. I was out with some girlfriends shopping when I got the call from my Dr and burst into tears in the middle of the shops so felt like a real tool. I feel like I have just had enough.

Sorry girls I really needed to vent to you guys because you understand.

I hope you are all having a good day.

:hugs: Ktgirl. If it's any comfort, I got the phone call from my gyn to let me know I hadn't ovulated in the middle of the main street of Rozelle, and promptly burst into tears as well.

We do understand, and we do know all too well how it feels. I hope the higher dose does the trick and that break turns into a nice, long 9 months.

BW

Hi Ktgirl I'm so sorry that your b/t didn't go as well as you'd hoped. Ipray that the higher dose of injections does the trick for you and you get your much wanted bfp soon sweety. I also hope all goes well on Wednesday with your scan. Try to relax hun( I know easier said than done) but I'm sure your bfp is just around the corner. Make sure you have a fantasic Christmas and I'll catch up with you in a few weeks

Hi to all you great women out there. Thank you for your kind wishes. I sure do hope you all have a great christmas. See you all soon

Ktgirl, I am so sorry to hear the news, sometime its hard to know what our body is up to...I had tears in my eyes as to think how much we have to go through just because we are longing to have a family you know...oh well, deep breath... we can do this...fingers crossed for the higher dose does the trick and hope the Wed scan will bring good news for you sweet woman...

I am a bit emotional today, I am not sure if this 1st cycle of Clomid is my month I haven't been feeling any different at all, and did a test yesterday, there was a very faint line that I am not sure if it is evaporation line or what, and they say Pregnyl injection also could give faulse reading...anyway we will wait and see...my pregnancy b/t will be next Tuesday.

I hope everyone is having a beautiful weekend, its a glorious day outside. So I think I am going to be positive

Mako, have a wonderful holiday and I will be missing you.

Oh Ktgirl

Sorry to hear about your results. So incredibly frustrating and disappointing.

Just to let you know that I am thinking of you...and always sending you many good wishes.

Take care chickie

Monnie

Argh!!!

It's so strange how I can be completely ok with everything that is going on when I'm at the computer! I'm ok posting on the forums, chatting on IRC or MSN, but as soon as I actually have to talk about what's going on I become a blubbering mess! There's something about verbalising things that completely strips away my ability to cope... I guess that explains why I just wasn't coping at the FS appointment on Thursday.

BW

ktgirl - Pity we can't all order new bodies for christmas, as these ones never do what we ask. I remember my 1st cycle of clomid, when it didn't work and my FS called to tell me when i was about to go on my lunch break and I just had to leave so I could break down in tears. It is such an emotional rollercoaster. But I find that times like this make you even stronger for the next cycle. I hope this lot of injections works for you and the travelling back and forth is all worth it when you get a positive result. I sometimes get to the point when I think, no more doctors, no more tests - why can't I just be normal.

BeiBei - the faint line sounds hopeful. *fingers crossed* for your BT tomorrow.

BW - That is so true. I think when we are typing away, we are sounding it all in our minds, but when we have to verbalise it - it doesn't always come out the way we want. Plus we are typing away on here to friends that understand us, so that helps.

I may not be around much between here and christmas as my family are arriving tonight. So wish me strength to deal with them LOL

I'm sure I'll be lurking to read what everyone is up to and I'll pop in to wish you a merry christmas later in the week. Have a good day everyone.

Hi Girls,

I'm not going to be around much either for the next two/three weeks. Decided I need to take a break from everything over xmas/new year. No temping, no charting, no BB. Just want a break and to start the new year afresh.

Makes it a lot easier when the majority of that time I'll be at my parents place up the coast and they don't have the net!

I might pop back in later in the week and let you know how my appt goes on Thursday with my FS (hoping to book on for an ivf cycle during my appt) but if not, I want to wish you all a very merry xmas and hope that 2007 is the year all our dreams come true!

PS woo hoo, my hair has been fixed in my avatar! Ahhh, that's better. Much more like me.

Hi girls. Thanks for all of your kind thoughts. I am now on my second day of the higher dose of injections. I have my scan booked in for 7:30am on Wed so at least it is nice and early and I don't have to wait all day for it. Now I am starting to worry that this higher dose will over stimulate and we will have to call the whole cycle of because of too many follies. Argh I am such a stress head

BeiBei- Good luck I hope that line starts to get darker How many days has it been since your pregnyl injection?

Willow- Please come back to let us know how you go at your appointment. We will miss you around here but enjoy a break I hope you are able to clear your head for a new start in 2007. If we don't see you again I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year.

Belinda- That would be nice if we could just trade our bodies in for a new model wouldn't it lol. Also good luck dealing with your family when they arrive lol

Hi to everyone else. How are you all today?

emmydee Guest

Ktgirl,
    I'm so sorry your b/t didn't go so well. I totally understand how you feel -- I also bust into tears when I didn't ovulate on my first cycle of clomid. I agree - this whole process is incredibly emotionally tolling! But, you know, you might not get your BFP tomorrow, but I'm sure it's just around the corner, and you'll get it before you know it! In the meantime, try to forget about it as much as possible and enjoy the holidays. I'm trying my best to do that myself!

Ooooh! Can I join the list for a new body for Christmas?

Looks like it's going to become very, very quiet around here, but I really hope that those of you taking breaks come back well rested and refreshed... I'll certainly be thinking of you all while you are gone! I'll disappear at some point up to Newcastle to stay with my parents for a bit... They have net access, but my mum is nosey, and I don't really want her finding out about belly belly! No idea when that will be - the plan for these holidays is no plan at all! Amazing enough for me the super-control-freak, I'm loving it!

Ktgirl, if you do overstimulate and get too many eggs, would it be possible to jump to an IVF egg pick-up so it's not completely wasted? I've read that some clinics will do that, but I don't know if all do. If I end up having to do the same, I know that they suggest using protection until after ovulation to reduce the risk of multiples, but with the state of DH's sperm, I think I'd just be very naughty! Watch that come back to bite me and see me end up with quadruplets or something silly like that!

I've had a huge hit on the Christmas shopping today - the retail therapy has helped immensely... sure, the vast majority of it was for other people, but the credit card has had a huge workout and I'm feeling much better! I'm just pretending that I didn't get that text message in the middle of the day...

BW

Hi all

i've been reading through your posts for the last few days trying to actually find the time to post my own message! With all the mish mash of activities for Christmas coming up, it's probably not the best time to join the forum cos so many of you are going to be away for a while but i figured while i had the time i'd better make myself known if i wanted to join you all in your chats.

a couple of you have read my intro message (thanks for the welcome messages ktgirl & mako ), and i figured my circumstances best matched those of some of you so i hope you don't mind me jumping in on your chat

ok - a little about me (sorry, but i guess i may as well get it out there now ). DH and I had two little angels taken to heaven last year both about 6 weeks along. decided to speak to GP just before our wedding this feb to see if something wrong. lots of tests later, diagnosed with PCOS in April, referred to Gynae who did ovarian golfballing surgery to make me more responsive to meds (also wanted to investigate cos u.s showed uterus split into "two motel rooms" as my dad put it - thankfully, u/s was wrong and all normal there). have been on metformin ever since surgery in july, and am now on third (probably unsuccessful) cycle of chlomid (currently day 20) - first two cycles at 50 and 100 mg did nothing and have still had to have AF triggered - have never had normal cycles, so i guess it doesn't surprise me

last visit to gynae he decided to refer me to FS - expected huge wait, but only 2 weeks, which shocked me. was overwhelmed with my chat with him (very dry, collected history and pretty much said he didn't think the clomid would work based on my previous test results - BW - i can understand why you were so uncomfy with your first visit to FS - it seems very confrontational!) - he basically handed me a path request that had so many tests on it i was stunned, then took me off to meet his nurse to arrange injections and IUI - they're not waiting long to get everything going - Jan 17 i have a blood test to see if i've had any luck on the clomid, otherwise we start preparation for injections and IUI - much faster than i thought, but it's great to feel like things are finally happening - to have had no response at all to clomid for three cycles is really draining - started to feel like something of a failure :frown:

looking forward to being able to share this journey with others who understand what it's like - DH is amazingly supportive, but he can't share exactly what i'm going through!

sorry to have taken so much space, but it is almost therapeutic to get it all out in writing so that not only am i sharing it with you all, but it's making the whole journey a little more clearly in my own mind - Hope all of you lucky enough to be going away for the hols have a fabulous time (and some good luck on the TTC front!)

Briggsy's girl, welcome! I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful angels, sadly there are far too many women in here who can sympathise with you there. I'm somewhat jealous that you seem to be jumping into treatment so much quicker than me, but if I was to be completely honest I do know that I need more time to be ok with things on an emotional level.

I'm slowly coming to terms with my own FS appointment - it is extremely confrontational! I'm still amazed at how easy it is to talk about it here on the forums, but when I have to speak about it I fall apart. Probably because chatting here on the forums it is still very internal, but to speak about it and put it out there it becomes so much more real.

Well... the three-day carb-binge has ended (yay!) and I'm now through the first hour of my fast. I'm really hoping I cope ok with the GTT tomorrow morning, but I'll just be so relieved to not have to force-feed myself high-carb food any more!

Quick discussion with DH this evening when he get home... he's got gigs on Thursday and Friday - it's great that he's getting so much audio work, but I was really hoping he could have come to acupuncture with me on Friday to chat about the varicocele repair. I'll make sure I get him to write down the questions and I'll take them myself. We'll be heading up to Newcastle on Saturday... I was half inclined to leave the thermometer at home while we are away, but I suspect I may be too attached to it. Maybe the break from it might do me some good.

BW

Willow, love your new hair, looks fabulous. Good luck with your appointment and have a wonderful and well-deserved break, I will be up the coast as well, so might bump into each other on the beach...

Ktgirl, will be thinking of you on Wed monring and hope the scan goes well, you will get just what you want. Feeling anything different after the increased dose?

I had my pregynl injection on day 22, so that was 6 days ago. AF is not here yet, but somehow I feel its on its way....told DH we might miss this month already but I am sort of ok, I guess the holiday season can distract me a bit, here is hoping the new year...

2007 is year of Pig (Chinese new year is on 18th Feb), somehow, I think it will be a good year for all of us. Lots of baby dusts!!

Missbelinda, have a wonderful Xmas and good luck with your relatives...

Welcome Briggsy's girl, sorry to hear your story, I hope your journey in here will be short and sweet

BW, good on you for getting the retail therapy, always work for us!

Have a good night everyone!

emmydee Guest

Hello everyone! And welcome Briggsy's girl!

Just wanted to wish everyone happy holidays and a happy New Year!!!! DH and I are off for vacation, and won't be back till after the first week in January. I'm going to try my best to forget all this TTC business until 2007.

See you all in 2007!!!!
    :P

Welcome briggsys girl glad you came to join us. Sorry to hear about your two little angels but I hope now you are seeing a FS all will sort itself out. I am currently on the FSH injections with IUI and I can tell you it is not as scary as it first sounds. Good luck hope your get your much longed for BFP very soon.

BW- Good luck today with the GTT. Hope you have a good book to read. It had crossed my mind to do an egg pick up if we have over stimulated but I am just not sure if I am mentally and emotionally prepard to do that just yet. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

BeiBei- Good luck in the rest of your TWW. Hope the witch stays far away from you. No the higher dose of injections hasn't made me feel any different. Don't know if that is a good or bad sign?

Emmydee- I hope you have a wonderful time away. Merry Christmas beautiful will catch up when you get back.

Hi to everyone else.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast