Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Tubal Reversals #15

Hi Sharmane and welcome
    Im in the process of having a reversal. Im going thru the Royal Womens Hospital in Melb. I have had my 2 appointments at the hospital and have received the pre admission forms and sent them back and now I'm waiting for the letter that tells me when the op will be. Its only taken 4 months to get to this point from getting the referral to now. DH and I thought this would be a better option for us leaving IVF as a last resort(Im scared of needles)

I agree with luvchildren that T/Ls should be banned or at least give women the full facts and counselling. I wish that I was given the full facts cos I wouldn't have gone thru with the T/L.

Onemore: fingers crossed for a heartbeat

HI Luvchildren Yeh i believe babies come from god and if its ment that we have more then it will happen some how,your still young so stay positive and im sure you will be blessed.
    Hi Onemore So i think you are one week ahead of meas im 6weeks next week.Yeh im so looking farward to the u/s.Gosh dosnt it feel great knowing there is a baby growing inside of us.Today i was running around the table because my kids wanted the remote and so did i i almost forgot i was pregnant,then i got worried thinking oh gee i hope i didnt do damage.Im ok though.
    Hi Motherof6 Each time i right your name i still think wow thats alot of kids
    So how are you?How are the Kids?
    Hi Mummy25 Dont give in keep at your hubby,he will give in a woman always wins.
    Hi Sharmane Well it wont be long until you start IVF,its very exciting once you start.Yeh i have 4 kids 19&16 boys and 17&11 girls there all mine,i got married at 16 and had my first at 17 so now they are all grown up its time for more.Yeh i would love another 2 and twins would be my ideal.Well il take one at a time,but i have 5 in the freezer so i would love to have them to.
    Hi Crazymum2 & Karend How are you ladies?Is any of you guys from Perth? well i will chat again with you.Must go as someone is at my door buy for now.

Sorry for the double post

I agree with luvchildren that T/Ls should be banned or at least give women the full facts and counselling. I wish that I was given the full facts cos I wouldn't have gone thru with the T/L.
    I totally agree with that statement. I wish that we could all get together and implement these changes so that women are fully informed.

Hey Luv, nar no mums groups for me i cant get into things like that cause i think there all a bunch of bi#@hy bi@#hes if you know what i mean. I love down to earth people like real people not fake ones.

Sharmane.. It is a buzzy life but i wouldnt have it any other way really. May i ask where your from and what IVF clinic you have been ref too?? IVF is really not as bad as you may think but i do know how your feeling as ive done Ivf too. And yes your right atleast you are still able to make a choice of weather you would like another baby as some people dont have that choice anymore.
    I was one of the very lucky ones and i fell pregnant on our first IVF attempt having 2 embryoes put back but one didnt make it. As you can see in my picture i now have a brand new baby girl(who is a witch i must add) Breah!
    In all it took about 3 months from start to finish and i wont go into the rest of the details cause every clinic is different and they all do things a different way.
    But at the end of the day it was all so worth it.
    I too have people telling me how crazy and stupid iam but really who cares what they say.
    What are they so worried about its not like they have to look after them or pay for them. Some people are just to opinionated AND SHOULD PULL THERE HEADS IN.
    Last edited by Mumof8; June 11th, 2008 at 10:42 PM.

We are all up late tonight girls.

Sorry i didnt get back to your text message Ang but ive been busy and i completely forgot.
    Dearmum it is alot of kids but hey someone has to do it. You might even catch up one day soon
    Last edited by Mumof8; June 11th, 2008 at 10:43 PM.

Hi I'm new to the site joined late last night.
    My name is Sarah and i am from Gladstone QLD
    i got married last September so i'm enjoying married life.
    and we have decided to have another baby. i have 3 children from my ex.
    i had my tubes done after my youngest back in 1997 and now nearly 11 years on i want another baby now im older.
    so nopw some Q's if you dont mind me asking?
    How much did your Reversal cost?
    How long did it take to get preggers?
    did you have any probs after having it done?

thats about it for now
    sarah
    xx

Hi Mrs M,
    I used to live in Queensland but i had my reversal in Sydney as i couldnt find anyone up there. I paid $4000 for mine but another girl on here that went to the same clinic paid $8000 nfrom memory and you get nothing back.
    I didnt get pregnant after mine after waiting 13months so i did IVF in Sydney and fell first go and it was a hell of alot cheaper then the reversal anyway and it didnt come with the risks of what can happen after you have your reversal.
    Goodluck on your journey and hope to get to know you better over time

i ahve a app with the IVF sunshine coast on the 2/7/08 to talk about it all find out cost involed etc i will be stoping by more
    sarah
    xx

Hi Ladies.....gees i hate my internet.....can hardly get on anymore and when i do i have to wait a million years for it to load....A lot of new faces in here since i have been gone.....Welcome Mrs M......good luck on your journey to having a reversal.....I am also in Qld. I'm not goign to have a reversal, because up here there really isn't place to do and if there is the price is unreal. I'm going IVF and heading down to Westmead where mumof6 had hers. I'm not however doing it straight away, because we are goign to start building a new house soon......well i hope we are......damn developer is being a $#@% head and demanding we do something about our contract/finance even though it says in our contract that we have to sell our house first before we proceed any further, otherwise he is goign to cancel our contract and give our block of land to someone else.......i would love to start the IVF now to get it over and done with, but dh wants me to wait.....i can also see his side of things.....so looks like i have to wait......i will try and get in more internet allowing.....cheers kiya

Hi girls,
    welcome Mrs M, wishing you all the best for your IVF journey..

Kiya glad your back shame about the internet being a pain and hope your house plans etc come together soon.

Dearmum yea I`m excited about the u/s but I`m also scared to death because I lost a baby last year and found out at a 9 week scan.. I`m trying to stay positive but that thought is always in the back of my mind. I`m still getting nausea and yesterday morning I was sick, so even though I had vomiting it puts my mind at ease a little.
    I will be 7 weeks on Wed and thats when I go for my first scan and if all is well I go back for another at 10 weeks so we get that.

Luv I could`nt get in for the scan till next week because they were fully booked and I figured there would be no question at 7 weeks so I would just have to wait !!! only a few days left now.

Gota go, washing to put on the line and all that other boring stuff.
    Have a good weekend and take care
    xxx

Onemore... strange they didnt fit you in any earlier because of what happened
    last time. I would have thought they would be keeping a closer eye on you this time.
    for wednesday

Thanks Em, I prob could have tried to get in earlier at another place but I thought oh well
    its only a few days... I am worried though, scared of that look that they give you before calling for another Dr to give a second opinion... The nausea and sore boobs are something I look forward to in the mornings when I wake up, and its funny cause throughout the day I`m feeling my boobs to make sure they still hurt I`m glad no one is paying attention because they would think I was weird

How are you feeling? did you get out for some time to yourself ? hope you are feeling a little better.

HI Everyone .....

KIYA ---- "WELCOME BACK" !!!!!...

ONEMORE --- "I hope your scan is perfect with no bad news to come, having the sore boobs and nausea must be a good sign ? Did you get those symptoms with your last pregnancy ?

I dont want to gloat but i never got sick when I was pregnant ( well with my first I did a few times) but after that I never felt Ill, the only thing I felt was The sore boobs and the heartburn and the needing to visit the loo all the time.
    But i did get very bad cramps at night, I would wake up with a cramp and i was literally screaming untill I got the cramp sorted (They said I didnt have enough salt in my diet ? - I certainly had everything else in it....)

Funny thing though I knew when I was pregnant from the moment of conception, I could tell straight away, it feels like you have fireworks going off in your stomach, or a baby kicking ? if this describes it....
    With my daughter (#no: 5 child and unplanned) I went to the doctor 4 times before the test said positive, I kept telling him i'm pregnant and he kept saying no your not and I said YES I AM..... And I was....

I'm looking forward to My IVF, we are going to westmead in sydney, and plan to start next month #fingers crossed.... I have just got my witch so hopefully if I can get an appointment soon with the doctor things can start next month around this time....
    I am having 2 put back as hubby wants twins... But If I only get one that's ok as I'm not greedy...

dinner is here so I willl stop back in later, my brother in law is up from sydney and he has no children and always buys takeaway when he comes up (I'm not sure if it is a compliment or he is telling me my cooking Sux's) anyway it is nice to have it as with all the petrol rising and morgage rates it is a rare thing these days to have takeaway.

thanks for the lovely warm welcome ladies.
    if you dont mind me asking how is it costing you's to go though IVF?
    is it cheaper in NSW then it is in QLD?
    can you go interstate to do it if it is cheaper?
    sorry if i am not making sence with the Q'S
    sarah
    xx

Well IVF in Qld is about $7,500 - $8,500. IVF at Westmead in NSW is between $1,450 (IVF) to $1,950 (ICSI)....This is why it is better to go Westmead. And now with the cheap airfares you can work around your appointments etc try and plan your trips down. Still after paying for the fares etc, it is still cheaper to go down to NSW. There is however a waiting to see a consultant, from memory it was 2-3mths. I had my consultation over the phone with my GP as well (conference call) mainly because i have some other medical issues and wanted to make sure it was still possible to do IVF and it is. I am however doing ICSI, because i am older than most women doing IVF and because of my other medical problems. Cheers kiya

Hi Mrs M and welcome....

Honestly i dont know much about IVF as we are going down the reversal road first. Hope your journey isnt too long.

All the best,
    Karen

WOW a lot cheaper at westmed.
    might look into it down there then i have family i can stay with anyway to save on cost on somewhere to stay
    sarah
    xx

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast