Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny things kids say & do

While watching tarzan there is a scene with young tarzan in the water where he gets a fright from a hippo and DD called out "Ow (cow)" and i said "no darling its a hippo, can you say hippo?" she looked at me blankly, thought about it and said "no mum, it OW!

Then the other day she woke up from a nap and i was on DPs computer, she was in her room calling out mumma, she walked down the hallway "mumma? mumma...?" then saw me in here and said "oh, here mumma!" and she walked over to me saw a dvd of the aristocats on the floor started meowing and said kitty so i asked if she wanted to watch it she said yes and got very excited. I walked her into the loungeroom with her saying "meow, meow...." then she stopped and screamed out "I WANT COOKIE!!" i have never laughed so much!!

Last night i wasn't feeling 100% so i went to bed early, DP cooked the girls dinner, got them dressed in their PJ's and put them to bed.
    After dinner DP started the dishes and DD1 said "dad do you know what your doing" '

Then this morning she had mismatched PJ's on, i asked her to bed them under her pillow and she says "dad put PJ's on that don't match, you never do that do you mum" i said no and her reply "i wasn't very happy, how silly is he"

"MMM! MMM! MMM! MMM! what's dat Mummy? Dats the alarm! Time for chocolate cake!"

Default Re: Funny things kids say & do

lol. I was playing woth Spock, she had a rubber star she was playing with but i started squeezing and making her Sophie Giraffe walk and squeek at her. Spock was pretty keen on the star (but i wanted to play with her) anyway she grabbed Sophie off me and looked at her looked at the star and then threw Sophie behind her and kept playing with her star!

...well i guess we arent going to play with Sophie then...

Sitting at the table with DS tonight and he complained of a sore tummy. Told him it was probably because he hadnt eaten anything all afternoon and to have some dinner. 5 or 10 mins later I asked him if his tummy ways feeling better. With a hopeful tone he replied-

"Um, no its still a bit sore, but it has a bandaid on it"

DS1 who has just finished his Prep year at school was asked for directions to the Christmas Carols. His response was "Preps are short. Look at the ground and follow them". DH and I had to giggle.

DS is really into buses at the moment. A few times a day he will find 2 books or dvds or cds and pretend they are the doors of the bus opening and closing. He also likes to imitate the sounds the banana bus makes when it stops. However last night we were sitting up the back of the bus and I was explaining to him about turbo he could hear.
    This morning I woke up to him lying next to me, making turbo noises and pushing on my leg pretending it was the accelerator.

Mr4 talks a lot, but it's always the same stuff on repeat. The other day Poppy went over to look after him and his brother, and Mr4 answers the door and says, 'Welcome to our home.' Poppy was gobsmacked!

Spock got some blocks from her uncle, and in it was a little book full of cute and silly things kids say (only about 10 of them), my fave were:
    "A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V DOUBLE ME!! X Y Z" ~ John, 4 (B logical)

(will put more later..Spock is demanding me =) )

Quote Originally Posted by ~TT40~ View Post
    Spock got some blocks from her uncle, and in it was a little book full of cute and silly things kids say (only about 10 of them), my fave were:
    "A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V DOUBLE ME!! X Y Z" ~ John, 4 (B logical)

(will put more later..Spock is demanding me =) )
    soo cute!

another one I liked was: "if the day I came out of your tummy is called my birthday, what is the day I went in your belly called?" (the book they are in are in the other room...I can't be bothered to get up and get it to find out age...sorry. but ill post all of them one day (only about 10))

This conversation has happened about 6 times in the last 3 days with various family members...

Family member: "What did you get for Christmas?"
    DS: "Presents"
    Family member: "What kind of presents?"
    DS (obviously thinking the other person its rather stupid): "CHRISTMAS presents"

Double post

Just had to share this gem from DS (3.7) this morning.

DS: Dont go to work Daddy
    DF: I have to go to work mate
    DS after thinking for a couple of minutes: You're not allowed to go to work Daddy
    DF: Well I'll tell <boss> and see what he says.
    DS 5mins later: Did you call <boss> yet?
    DF: No, I'll talk to him when I get to work and see what he says. Probably something like "if you dont come to work you wont have a job"
    DS: Well Thats just stupid...

Default Re: Funny things kids say &amp; do

lmao .

Oh! How could I forget this one from a couple of weeks ago?!

DS spent all day complaining about his sore tummy. Gradually getting worse, to the point he was crawling on the floor crying and holding his belly like he couldnt stand up.
    It was about 5:30 by the time I decided to take him to the doctor, and after ringing around we decided to take him to a nearby hospital ED that is usually pretty quiet. Thankfully it was and we were seen within 20mins. The doctor gave him the once over, told us everything seemed fine and sent us away with a sterile container to catch his wee in case he had a UTI.
    Put him to bed that night still complaining.
    The next day he seemed fine and I put it down to just one of those things. That is until mid afternoon when he said "I have a headache because I need a jellybean at the doctor"

Little con artist had been pretending ALL day so Id take him to the doctor and he would get a lolly! I dont even know how he came up with that!

Default lysime occipital

DS- 4yrs was playing outside with our dog "buddy". He was trying ever so hard to get buddy to sit down and over and over told him to.
    I pipped up "honey you have to say it more firmly, tell buddy to sit more firmly"....
    in a much louder voice he says "Buddy sit down more firmly, buddy I said sit down more firmly! Buddy!"
    lol. needless to say buddy did not respond appropriately. haha still makes me laugh.

sjjj

Default Re: Funny things kids say &amp; do

Oh my God I've been reading this thread and laughing out loud all day!!!!!

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast